Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250310 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:59am On Mar 28, 2016
Walking In Prearranged Paths - Monday, March 28

Pastor Chris

For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live] (Ephesians 2:10 AMP).

As a child of God, you’re not an accident in this world. God isn’t surprised about you, because He knew you, ever before you came. There’s a path prearranged by God for you; and it’s a path of greatness. Everything you’d ever do, and achieve in life, have been prearranged! The question is, are you walking in that prearranged path? In that path, there’s no failure! In that path, there’s no defeat! In that path, there’s no death! In that path, there’s no poverty! In that
path, there’s no sickness!

It’s a path prearranged by God Himself. If you’re meeting with frustrations in your life, what paths have you found yourself in? You ought to be taking paths which He prearranged! If you’ve found yourself in the wrong paths, you can retrace your steps today. The Bible says, “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left” (Isaiah 30:21). Glory to God! This is His message to men and women around the world: “There’s a path to take! It was prepared ahead of time, prearranged for you, with the good life.”

When you gave your heart to Christ, you came into God’s predestined path for your life! He’s the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He’s the way out of confusion! In Him, there’s victory, divine health, peace with prosperity!

Now, through His Word, He can lead you in the paths of success, victory, and unending prosperity. He made very specific plans for your life, and as you fellowship with Him through the Word and the Holy Spirit, He’ll guide you in the path of your destiny in Him; the path of righteousness and peace!

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the paths of greatness you’ve prepared for me to take in life. I’m living the good life which you prearranged, manifesting your glory, and expressing your righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Isaiah 58:11
And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Ephesians 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 7:36-50, Joshua 1-2
2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Romans 3:26-31, Psalm 98-100
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ATMC(f): 7:50am On Mar 28, 2016
Gombs:

God's answered you in 2 Corinthians 8:17-23

17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

May God show you your gains according to how His Spirit revealed it to Paul.

Amen
Can u correct the quotation pls
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:52am On Mar 28, 2016
ATMC:
Can u correct the quotation pls

You got the point... That's what counts. cheesy

It's chapter 9... And 1 Corinthians. I visibly doled out that scripture in the wrong thread. Thanks for spotting it.. Pheew
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ATMC(f): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2016
Gombs:

You got the point... That's what counts. cheesy

It's chapter 9... And 1 Corinthians. I visibly doled out that scripture in the wrong thread. Thanks for spotting it.. Pheew
Gombs it is 1cor 9:17-23 that you quoted. I expect you to have corrected it by modifying your post but it's like it does not matter to you. You may think the most important thing is for me to get 'your' message not 'the' message and so the MISTAKE doesn't matter but you see, that's a wrong thinking. In fact that's the thinking that got some Christians in the mess they 're in today.

Now to the message: read verse 18 of the chapter you quoted in amplified version of the bible and you will understand that it is very wrong to attach price to the gospel. Rhapsody of realities ought to be free without charge based on this scripture. Even though it is printed with money, it is wrong to think it is RIGHT for the author to gain the money used for the printing when he copied from the bible freely.

Again, people partner with ROR so ought this book not to be free? It's already paid for by the partners. Why is it sold, even to the partners? That's like paying for it twice. Is it a godly act?

Once again, Verse 18, if there is a charge for the gospel, it is an abuse.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
ATMC:
Gombs it is 1cor 9:17-23 that you quoted. I expect you to have corrected it by modifying your post but it's like it does not matter to you. You may think the most important thing is for me to get 'your' message not 'the' message and so the MISTAKE doesn't matter but you see, that's a wrong thinking. In fact that's the thinking that got some Christians in the mess they 're in today.

Your opinion.

Now to the message: read verse 18 of the chapter you quoted in amplified version of the bible and you will understand that it is very wrong to attach price to the gospel.

How? The gospel is free... Propagating it isn't.

Rhapsody of realities ought to be free without charge based on this scripture.

Really?

Even though it is printed with money, it is wrong to think it is RIGHT for the author to gain the money used for the printing when he copied from the bible freely.

1. Bibles ain't even free... Cost of transportation, custom duty etc has to be recouped.

2. Pastor Chris does not gain from the printing and distribution of ROR.

3. He didn't copy from the Bible freely as you said... It's intellectual property... Even at that, he would be right to have sold it. He referenced the Bible and taught a topic based on it... Big difference.

4. Can you point me a devotional that's utterly free?

Again, people partner with ROR so ought this book not to be free?

We pay for it... It gets distributed for free. We will distribute 250 million copies this year.. That's why God wants us rich... We sponsor the message free for others, who inturn after being blessed by it sponsor for others.

It's already paid for by the partners. Why is it sold, even to the partners? That's like paying for it twice. Is it a godly act?

You're saying what is not!
Do you think you're the only 'smart' thinking person, and none in Christ Embassy?

Who do you think sponsor copies for Reach Out Nigeria? Crusades? Prisons? Etc

You do not understand that verse 18,let me give you the message rendition

So am I getting anything out of it? Yes, as a matter of fact: the pleasure of proclaiming the Message at no cost to you. You don't even have to pay my expenses!

Your gain is the pleasure of proclaiming the gospel AT NO COST TO those who hear you!

Paul said the church don't even have to pay for his expenses, meaning they ought to have paid for it.. But he declined - he didn't want to abuse his rights to have his expenses taken care of by the church.

That was what he was saying in verse 13 of that chapter

Verse 13 MSG
You know, don't you, that it's always been taken for granted that those who work in the Temple live off the proceeds of the Temple, and that those who offer sacrifices at the altar eat their meals from what has been sacrificed? [size=18]Along the same lines, the Master directed that those who spread the Message be supported by those who believe the Message. [/size]

I hope you read carefully the latter emboldened and underlined words.

If you aren't satisfied, open a thread and invite me in.

God bless you.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Joagbaje(m): 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
ATMC:

Now to the message: read verse 18 of the chapter you quoted in amplified version of the bible and you will understand that it is very wrong to attach price to the gospel. Rhapsody of realities ought to be free without charge based on this scripture. Even though it is printed with money, it is wrong to think it is RIGHT for the author to gain the money used for the printing when he copied from the bible freely.

Again, people partner with ROR so ought this book not to be free? It's already paid for by the partners. Why is it sold, even to the partners? That's like paying for it twice. Is it a godly act?

I think you should rather ask question on how things are done than making a false accusation . Nobody sell what had been paid for . It's not just a sin , it's criminal and dishonesty and we don't do such. Ask questions rather
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:41am On Mar 29, 2016
You Have A Role To Play - Tuesday, March 29

Pastor Chris

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success (Joshua 1:8 ).

In life, people may find themselves in certain circumstances they weren't responsible for. Yes, others can create situations or circumstances—pleasant or unpleasant—for you, but ultimately, you have a role to play in determining the final outcome of your life.

The circumstances of your birth may not have been so palatable. You may have been born into a poor home; and you had nothing to do with that. That was another person's responsibility. But don't maintain the status quo, because someone else was responsible; change things! You may have been born poor, but you weren't born to be poor.

If you were attending a particular school, and for some reason the school closed up, are you going to say, "Well, there's no need for me to go to school anymore?" No, you'd go to another school, or read at home and enroll for your exams. So, always, there's something you can do for yourself. God needs your action. He needs your response. No Christian is ever disadvantaged in life. You can be a success in life.

In our opening verse, God tells us how to become a success; it's by meditating on the Word day and night. Practise this. As much as He wants you prosperous, healthy, happy, strong and vibrant, you have a vital role to play in making His dream for you come to reality. Irrespective of the circumstances or the things you've been through in life, the onus is on you to be triumphant.

As a child of God, you're not helpless. You have the Holy Spirit, and He's your unparalleled advantage. You can do anything, be as successful as you want to be, and be a great blessing to your world. Yes, you can! God is waiting for you to take the action. Take a hold of His Word, and let His glory, grace, and excellence, be expressed through you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Word is in my heart and in my mouth, even the Word of faith, which I've believed. I stand firmly on your Word, and with it, I subdue circumstances! I reign victoriously in life, expressing your glory, excellence, righteousness, and grace, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:1-21, Joshua 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 4:1-10, Psalm 101
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:31am On Mar 30, 2016
''Pray For Your Country" - Wednesday, March 30

Pastor Chris

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty
(1 Timothy 2:1-2).

As a Christian, it’s important to pray always for your country and the leaders; be it your country of residence or earthly nationality. Some people don’t know this: many a time, there’s a strong spiritual conflict for the soul of nations. In the days of Daniel, an angel had to fight the Prince of Persia (Daniel 10:10-13). Such spiritual conflicts still happen today, over countries of the world. There’re forces fighting for the destruction and impoverishment of nations. But there’re also angels, sent by God for the protection and prosperity of those nations.

There’re very difficult days ahead, for many nations of the world. But the Lord wants His people prepared and ready. As we pray, angels sent by God are able to fulfil their assignments in the nations of the world. So, in your privacy, take time to pray for your country. Pray for the President or the Prime Minister and leaders of your country.

As we pray, we mount pressure in the realm of the spirit against the forces of darkness, and prevail against them. Consequently, God’s purpose for those nations is fulfilled. It’s been said that evil prevail when good men do nothing. So, keep praying for your country, that the Word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified (2 Thessalonians 3:1). Our prayers for the nations enable the Gospel to spread unhindered. And when the Word of God saturates your nation, evil can’t prevail.

Our opening verse says we should pray “For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” When the Bible talks about “peace” here, it means a state of rest, where everything is flourishing and in the right direction. This is the life God expects us to live; and our prayer brings it into reality. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I pray for my country today, that wisdom and understanding is imparted to the leaders, to help them make the right decisions for the benefit of the people, and the spread of the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Jeremiah 29:7
7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.!!

Isaiah 33:6-7
6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the Lord is his treasure.
7 Behold, their valiant ones shall cry without: the ambassadors of peace shall weep bitterly.!!

Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.!!

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 8:22-39, Joshua 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Romans 4:11-25, Psalm 102
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:45am On Mar 31, 2016
Speak Blessings To Everything Around You - Thursday, March 31st .

Pastor Chris

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

God wants us to take His Word to the nations, and that means a lot. But you see, when He said to preach the Gospel to every creature, He wasn't only referring to preaching to someone who doesn't know Jesus. Preaching the Gospel to every creature means preaching to EVERYTHING that exists! Romans 8:19 says, "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God."

The term "creature" actually means "creation." So, it's saying, "The earnest expectation of the creation waits for the manifestation of the sons of God." There's depreciation in the human world, including human life; and so, everything in life is waiting for your manifestation; waiting for you to liberate them. All around the world, there's fear. Many scientists provide evidence of ozone layer depletion. Global warming remains an issue of widespread political debate, with world leaders in dire need of a solution.

These things aren't new; the scientists only just found out. The Bible already talked about them: The twentieth verse of Romans chapter eight says, "For the creature (creation) was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope." The creation was made subject to vanity; no wonder it's in terrible depreciation, groaning in pain.

And we're the ones to bring that deliverance to all creation through the Gospel.
Revelation 21:5 says, "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things...." The renewal has begun. Preach the Word to the things in your home and they'll have new values. Speak the Word to your finances and they won't depreciate. Proclaim the Word over your physical body and it'll never be ravaged by sickness, disease, and infirmities. Speak blessings to things around you.

Use the Word to rule your home, school, or place of work, speak blessings. For your country, do the same; speak words of blessings, for the Bible says, "By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted..." (Proverbs 11:11).

Confession...
I bring deliverance to every creation in my world, taking them out of bondage and corruption, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. I give life to the things around me through the power of my words, for these are the days of the manifestation of the sons of God. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Proverbs 18:20-21
A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:40-56, Joshua 7-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 5:1-11, Psalm 103
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On Apr 01, 2016
The Power Of Praise And Worship - Friday, April 1

Pastor Chris

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed (Acts 16:25-26).

Acts 16 chronicles how songs of praise from Paul and Silas resulted in a divinely orchestrated earthquake that saw to their release from an obnoxious incarceration. When you praise the Lord from your heart in the beauty of holiness, the result is a divine explosion of glory. Praise and worship the Lord in the face of daunting challenges, and His glory will be manifested in your behalf.

If you desire a miracle today, whether it’s in your job or finances or even trouble at work; or perhaps it has to do with your health or that of a loved one; whatever it is, as an act of faith, set this matter before you, and begin to sing songs of praise in the spirit and also in your understanding again and again, as the spirit gives you utterance. By this act of faith, you’re invoking the power of the mighty God—the most High God—over the matter before you.

You don’t have to say much. Don’t talk about the thing that’s been bothering you; keep your focus on the Lord, as you sing and dance to the Lord, chanting verses of praise to extol His majesty, the power of God will surge through your being. Don’t stop at this time; as the inspiration increases, speak in tongues again and again, until you have a note of victory.

No matter what the case is, such worship will be followed by the miraculous. Rather than feel downcast, helpless or overwhelmed when you face challenges, employ the worship and praise strategy; the power of God’s Spirit will be stirred, and you’ll have a testimony.

Prayer...
Dear Father, as I sing to extol your majesty, in the beauty of holiness, and worship you in spirit and in truth, your divine power is manifested in my life. Even now, your glory is revealed in me, and in my circumstances. I’m eternally triumphant by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Judges 5:3
Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing praiseto the LORD God of Israel.

Psalm 7:17
I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

2 Chronicles 5:13
It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that thenthe house was filled with a cloud, eventhe house of the LORD;

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 9:1-17, Joshua 10-12

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Romans 5:12-21, Psalm 104
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Apr 02, 2016
Constantly Affirm His Word - Saturday, March 2

Pastor Chris

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men (Titus 3:8 ).

The Christian walk is that of continual affirmation of the Word. Jesus said, "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak" (John 12:49). Thus, what you re-echo must be the Father's words. The Father's words are words of the Kingdom; words of life.

When we say we have the God-life in us, or talk about being born again, or the new creation life, these aren't religious clichés derived from philosophy. These are expressions of the Word. In Christianity, we affirm the Word; we confess the Word. Whatever we say or speak should, and must always, be in conformity with the Word of God.

Constantly affirm that you're a new creation in Christ Jesus, infused with the life of God, not vulnerable to the crippling influences of this world! Affirm that the life of God is at work in your spirit, soul, and body. Affirm that the same Spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead vitalizes your body and invigorates you through and through, always!

Never say, "I'm sick," or "I have a headache," because sickness doesn't belong in the Kingdom of God; it never comes from the Father. So, don't affirm it. Don't affirm poverty, weakness, lack, or fear. Declare that you're bold, strong, and courageous.

2 Timothy 1:7 says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." This is what you affirm. Make bold confessions that you've been imbued with divine life and ability in Christ.

Hebrews 10:23 says, "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)." Hold fast your confession of divine health, prosperity, progress, and victories. Keep saying it; don't stop talking it. Affirm what Christ has done for you, made you, and declared about you!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for giving me your Word to live by. I affirm the Lordship, majesty, honour and glory of Christ over everything that concerns me: my health, academics, family, finances, and ministry. Therefore, I experience continuous victories, absolute peace, joy, prosperity, and divine health, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Hebrews 4:14
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

1 Timothy 6:12
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:18-36, Joshua 13-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 6:1-11, Psalm 105

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Joshthefirst(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2016
Following.

Thanks very much Gombs

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:19am On Apr 03, 2016
The Lord's Supper And The Holy Communion - Sunday, April 3

Pastor Chris

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come (1 Corinthians 11:26).

Even though many use these terms synonymously, there's a big difference between the Holy Communion and the Lord's Supper. They're not the same.

What some celebrate as the Lord's Supper is the Passover meal; the last meal the Lord shared with His disciples. That's like the Love Feasts we have in our cell or church groups today; we come together once in a while and eat together.

Paul referred to similar feasts in 1 Corinthians 11:20-22 where he rebuked some people for not waiting for their brethren, but over-ate till others had nothing to eat. He said to them, "If you can't be kind to one another during love feasts, then eat at home before coming." This definitely wasn't the Holy Communion.

On the night Jesus was betrayed, as He ate the Passover meal with His disciples, He took bread separately, broke it, and gave it to them to share (Matthew 26:26). He said, "This is my body." This is different from the meal (the meal was His "last supper" with the disciples).

He also took the cup (after supper, 1 Corinthians 11:25), gave thanks, and said to His disciples, "...Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." This is the communion. He had communion with them during the "last supper."

The Holy Communion is the communion of the body and blood of Christ. When you're born again, you become one with the Lord. You become a participant in His body and blood, a sharer of His life. Therefore, in partaking of the communion, you're reaffirming your oneness with the Lord, and reminding yourself of who you are.

We're one with the Lord. This means His victory is our victory; His ability is our ability. We're sufficient in His sufficiency (2 Corinthians 3:5). There're no impossibilities with you, now that you're in Christ. You've been brought into the life of unending victories. Be mindful of these as you prepare to take the Communion.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I'm grateful for the communion of the blood and the body of Christ, by which I emphasize my victory over Satan, the world and its elements. Through the vicarious death of Christ on the cross, I have eternal victory and dominion over sin, sickness, disease, death, and the devil, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 Corinthians 11:20-28
20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

Daily Scripture Reading:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:37-62, Joshua 16-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 6:12-23, Psalm 106

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:54am On Apr 04, 2016
Empowered To Prosper - Monday, April 4

Pastor Chris

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you (John 15:16).

Psalm 1:3 reveals something phenomenal about you, and the life of extraordinary prosperity God has called you to. It says, "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

This should let you know that your prosperity isn't dependent on the economics and economies of this world. The people of the world spend time looking for the moving or "booming" business or trade to invest in. That shouldn't be your thinking, as the seed of Abraham. Think from a higher level.

Notice again the words of the Spirit in Psalm 1:3: "...and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." He didn't say you'll prosper if the business is what's trending or booming. The emphasis is "whatsoever"; in other words, there's an empowerment in your life to cause you to prosper in all things.

In the Old Testament, Moses spoke to the children of Israel, and gave them God's promises. Imagine what he said God would do got them: "And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee" (Deuteronomy 7:13).

Think about that! Everything that had to do with them was blessed. As long as it was connected to them, it prospered.
Now, in the New Testament, we have a better covenant, established upon better promises: "But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises" (Hebrews 8:6).

Therefore, anything you're involved in should, of necessity, prosper; anything! The important factor isn't what's trending; the important factor is you. If you're in it, then it's blessed. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the inherent ability in me to prosper in all that I do. As the seed of Abraham, everything that's connected to me is blessed—my finances, business, job, family, etc. I walk in the consciousness that I'm blessed to be a blessing, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Galatians 3:8-9
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Galatians 3:28-29
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. 8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:1-24, Joshua 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 7:1-11, Psalm 107

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Apr 05, 2016
The Victory Shout - Tuesday, April 5

Pastor Chris

Listen to the glad shouts of victory in the tents of God's people: The LORD's mighty power has done it! (Psalm 118:15 GNB)

Chapter six of the Book of Joshua tells us how the walls of Jericho fell down flat for the children of Israel to go in and take over the city. They didn't need cranes or heavy duty equipment to crumble the walls; they did it with a shout!

Read the inspiring account in Joshua 6:2-5; they had wanted to go into Jericho, but the wall prevented them, for they were too high and too thick. However, God gave them an instruction. He didn't instruct them to pray, or beg. All He asked them to do was to march round the wall without saying anything, and then give a shout at the appointed time. What followed was breathtaking: the walls fell down, flat.

There's something about our shout in the Holy Ghost; it's not ordinary. When people haven't received the Holy Spirit, that's when things like this mystify them. If you go to a Church where they never shout, something is surely missing: it's the power of the Holy Ghost, because once the Holy Ghost gets anywhere, the shout of a king is there; He announces His presence.

Recall what happened on the day of Pentecost: the day the Holy Spirit began His dispensation with the Church. The Bible says, "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting" (Acts 2:2). Notice the description: the sound was as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. The Holy Spirit announced His presence with a loud sound! Were they quiet afterwards? No! Acts 2:4 says, "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

When the Holy Ghost comes into your life, irrespective of how quietly you were born, it makes no difference; you can't be quiet anymore. I don't mean to say you become loquacious; I'm talking about the power of the Spirit stirred in you to shout and affirm the Word with boldness. It's not a shout of pandemonium, or fright, but the shout of a king; the victory shout!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thanks be unto you, for always leading me in triumph in Christ, and manifesting through me the sweet aroma of your knowledge in every place. Christ lives in me, and He's my all. Thank you for making me a testimony of your abundant grace, and unending love, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Psalm 20:5 GNB
Then we will shout for joy over your victory and celebrate your triumph by praising our God. May the Lord answer all your requests.

2 Chronicles 20:21-22
And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever. 22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:25-42, Joshua 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 7:12-25, Psalm 108

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:42am On Apr 06, 2016
Words From The Father - Wednesday, April 6

Pastor Chris

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life (John 6:63).

The Lord Jesus was a master of words; He had, and spoke, wisdom all the time. He was wisdom personified. He knew exactly the right words to say in every situation, to everyone, and concerning everything. His words were filled with inspiration, healing, comfort, hope, love, and power. He had words for everything.

Imagine what transpired in Luke 7:11-17. He was on a journey to the city of Nain, and as He arrived at the gate of the City, He saw a funeral procession of a young man, who happened to be the only son of a widow.

Moved with compassion, He touched the casket and said, "...Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother" (Luke 7:13-15). He raised the dead body of that young man back to life with words!

Once, His disciples were startled amidst a raging tempest. Terrified, they cried out to Him, "...Master, carest thou not that we perish?" (Mark 4:38).

What He did was remarkable: "...he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm" (Mark 4:39). It made no difference how turbulent or tempestuous the weather was, Jesus hushed it with words—the same way He healed and restored sight to blind eyes, hearing to deaf ears, and vitality to maimed limbs.

However, He reveals to us an important truth: the words He spoke came from the Father. He said in John 12:50, "...whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." It's the same with us today.

The Father has given us words to speak; we don't, and shouldn't, speak our own words, or words that we learnt from our neighbours or environment! We learn words from the Word of God; we get our spiritual vocabulary from the Word of God. That's why you have to keep studying the Scriptures (2 Timothy 2:15).

The result is that you'll think and talk like Jesus, and have His kind of extraordinary results! You'll become a master of words, speaking wisdom all the time.

Confession...
My words are spirit, and life, infused with power and divine energy to prevail over circumstances. The words of Christ dwell in me richly, in all wisdom; therefore, my words are filled with inspiration, healing, comfort, hope, love, and power, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:1-13, Judges 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 8:1-11, Psalm 109

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Apr 07, 2016
Acknowledge The Good In You - Thursday, April 7

Pastor Chris

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus (Philemon 1:6)

Your faith will be ineffective when you don't know who you are, what you have, and your abilities in Christ. It's so important to recognize and acknowledge your God-given potentials and blessings in Christ Jesus.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 4:7, "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels...." In your spirit, there're treasures and virtues; there're good things in you. Everything about you is perfect and excellent! You have an exceptional quality of spirit; an excellent spirit.

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Look at 2 Corinthians 5:17-18. It says "...if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God...."

Now, all the good things in you are placed there by God; an example is righteousness. Have you acknowledged His righteousness in you? 2 Corinthians 5:21 tells us, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

One reason some are experiencing things that aren't of God in their personal lives is that they haven't acknowledged the good things that are in them in Christ Jesus. Don't accept what the world says about you. Only acknowledge what God has made you, given to you, and said about you in His Word. Acknowledge who you are in Him.

We can direct our faith towards whatever situation we're confronted with for it to produce results. However, this happens through your recognition, and proclamation, of your heritage, origin, and abilities in Christ Jesus.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for helping me through the knowledge of the glorious Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, to discover the priceless treasure you've deposited in my spirit. I acknowledge and walk in the light of my heritage, origin, and glory in Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Psalm 82:6-7
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Colossians 1:12-13
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Psalm 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:14-36, Judges 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 8:12-19, Psalm 110-111
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:42am On Apr 09, 2016
Practise The Word - Saturday, April 9

Pastor Chris

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:46-48).

The Word of God will only profit you when you live it, when you consciously practise or do what it says. For example, our opening scripture is something you should practise. Live in that scripture and let it be your daily walk. A learner can make mistakes. So in practising the Word, you may miss it, but don't give up and say, "Well, I tried." Keep at it, and you'll surely get better.

The latter part of our opening verse says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" (Matthew 5:48). As you keep at it, you'd discover that you're making lesser mistakes, until you can confidently say, "I have the mind of Christ." As a Christian, practising the Word is how you can enjoy its full benefits in your life, because the power of God is in His Word (Romans 1:16). If you want to see more of the power of God in your life, you must keep acting on the Word.

For example, the Word says, "Be anxious for nothing..." (Philippians 4:6 NKJV); practise it. Refuse to worry or fret about what you'll eat or wear, where to stay, etc.; rather, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
We've been called to live the Word of God.

Jesus Christ is the Living Word, and the Bible says we're as He is. Paul said, "Ye are our epistles..." (2 Corinthians 3:2). That means we're the expression of the Word. 1 Peter 1:23 says, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever."

Since you're born of the Word, you must live by the Word that made you, because every living thing must remain connected to its source. So, stay connected and live the Word in your daily walk.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to my spirit. I'm connected to the Word; therefore I'm blossoming and flourishing by the Word, producing durable results to the glory of your Name. I think the right thoughts, and my life is the daily expression and manifestation of your Word, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Corinthians 3:1-3
Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you? 2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: 3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

John 15:4-5
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:1-21, Judges 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 8:29-39, Psalm 114-115

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2016
Walk In The Light Of His Righteousness - Sunday, April 10

Pastor Chris

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus (Romans 3:26).

Jesus Christ has become your righteousness. That's why in Christianity, we don't walk in our righteousness; rather, we declare and boldly affirm that He's become our righteousness. We stand in the presence of God with the righteousness of Jesus Christ; and we walk in the light of that righteousness.

It's like hiding in His glory or being covered in His glory; you're not seen. It's His light that's seen; it's His glory that's seen. It's His power that's made manifest, as you walk in His righteousness. His own righteousness is what's demonstrated in your life. That's Christianity. It's a walk in His righteousness.
2 Corinthians 5:21 tells us, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." Now, you've become a demonstrator of His righteousness, because

He manifests His righteousness through you! He's the righteousness of the one who believes in Jesus.
It's part of what we affirm when we take the Holy Communion. He said in 1 Corinthians 11:26, "For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come." His death, burial, and resurrection resulted in our justification. He took our place of sin, and gave us His righteousness. This is an amazing reality!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I'm forever grateful for the blood of Jesus which was shed for me; his vicarious death reconciled me to you. His blood gave me life, and by His resurrection I stand justified before you forever! I thank you for my divine life of unending victories, excellence, and dominion, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Matthew 26:26-28
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Philippians 3:8-9
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:22-48, Judges 9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 9:1-13, Psalm 116-117
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Apr 11, 2016
Keep Making Progress Monday, April 11

Pastor Chris

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit (John 3:cool.

When you're born again, you're a mystery to the world, because you're born of the Spirit. The Natural man can't understand you. By the Spirit, David said, "I am as a wonder unto many..." (Psalm 71:7). That's what God has made everyone that's born of the Spirit. However, some Christians don't know this; so, they live ordinary lives. You're not ordinary; you're not of this world. You belong in, and function from, a different realm: the realm of the Spirit.

The Lord Jesus, in our opening text said, "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." In other words, those who are born again live by the Spirit. And the Spirit, like the wind, is always moving. Jesus didn't tell us that the Spirit is like air; He said it's like the wind. Wind is moving air. So the Spirit, like the wind, can't be conditioned in one place. Wind is air in motion.

In the same vein, when you're born again, born of the Spirit, you're a spirit in motion. Hallelujah! There're people who have been in one spot for a long time; they've not made in any progress in life; everything seems stagnant. That's not for the one who's born again and filled with the Holy Spirit; he's always in motion: upward and forward; no stagnation. That's my life. I'm always moving, always making progress.

That should be your experience. Never allow stagnation in any area of your life. When someone asks, "How are you doing?" you ought to say, "I'm excellent and full of glory; I'm making progress with giant strides!" Glory to God!

Confession...

I'm growing stronger by the day, like a cedar in Lebanon, and flourishing like the palm tree! I move in the Spirit, and of my increase, progress, and prosperity, there shall be no end! I live the transcendent life of endless possibilities and victories unlimited! Glory to God!

Further Study:

Genesis 26:13-14
And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.

Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:49-59, Judges 10-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 9:14-25, Psalm 118
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2016
Establish His Word In Your Life - Tuesday, April 12th .

Pastor Chris

In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes (Daniel 9:2-3).

In the scripture above, Daniel was praying about the deliverance of Israel. He had read in the book of Jeremiah that their deliverance would come after seventy years in exile, and as he studied, he realized that that time had come. Even though it was time for the children of Israel to be free from their many years of captivity, Daniel knew he still had to pray.

As Daniel prayed, God sent Angel Michael to bring down Persia. Persia had to fall before the children of Israel could be free from captivity. Daniel didn't take chances; he said, "I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes" (Daniel 9:3).

He could have said, "Since God said His children would be free after seventy years of captivity, I don't need to bother; I'll wait on Him to do as He has said." No; Daniel was smarter than that! He didn't only pray to God, he included fasting as well. He was determined to see to it that the prophetic utterance of God came to pass. How inspiring!

This should let you know that just because God says something will happen in your life doesn't mean it'll happen, if you don't do something about it. You have to establish His Word in your life; you have to act on His Word. What prophecies or words of the Spirit have you received concerning your health, business, academics, finances, family, job, or future? Don't just sit idly by and say, "If God says it'll happen, it'll happen." It doesn't work that way. You have a role to play in bringing to fruition His Word concerning you.

Psalm 119:89 tells us that God's Word is forever settled in heaven; however, it's your responsibility to settle or establish the Word in your own life by acting on it, doing what it says. Act on the knowledge of God's Word that has come to you, and your faith will prevail.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the wisdom to act on your Word always, and follow the guidance and promptings of the Spirit! Through your Word, I have increased wisdom, and spiritual understanding, knowing and walking in your perfect will at all times. I live a prosperous, healthy, and vibrant life in Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen
Further Study:
Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Obadiah 1:17 But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:1-21, Judges 12-13
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 9:26-33, Psalm 119:1-40

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:50am On Apr 13, 2016
Be Honourable - Wednesday, April 13

Pastor Chris

The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth (Psalm 37:21).

Someone once asked, "Does God bless borrowed money, including borrowed money given to Him as offerings and seed?"
There's nothing wrong if you borrow money, but make sure you pay back; otherwise, God doesn't like it. The Bible describes the one who doesn't pay his or her debt as wicked. God wants you to serve Him with wholehearted devotion, and willingness of mind, but at the same time, with honesty. Your integrity should be impeccable.

There're people who don't have credibility, and don't care about their integrity. When they owe, they refuse to pay, and start praying for debt cancellation. Others deliberately stay away or hide from their creditors. This is wrong; it's the way of the wicked. The word "wicked" in our opening verse describes one whose ways are perverse; someone who isn't walking in the light of God; and that shouldn't be you. If you owe any debt, don't let it linger; pay promptly.

Most people who don't pay back when they borrow, lack integrity, and as a result, they delay their own blessing. If you're an employer, don't owe your employees their salaries. When people work for you, don't delay their payments. We've been called to live a higher life. We're the light of the world. Let the character of Christ be expressed through you always, and in all things.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice greatly, because I know that you care for me, and all of my needs have been entered into your supply system. I don't lack any good thing, and I owe no one, for I'm abundantly supplied; I'm prosperous, and in all circumstances, self-sufficient, requiring no aid or support. Thank you Father, for all things are mine, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 20:7
The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.

Romans 13:7-8
Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Psalm 11:3
If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:22-35, Judges 14-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 10:1-10, Psalm 119:41-64
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:44am On Apr 14, 2016
Be Definite About The Truth - Thursday, April 14th .

Pastor Chris

It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, THAT THOU MIGHTEST KNOW THE CERTAINTY OF THOSE THINGS, WHEREIN THOU HAST BEEN INSTRUCTED (Luke 1:3-4).

The things we believe in Christianity aren't assumptions; they're clear-cut, absolute truths. And the more we study the Scriptures, the more definite we are about the certainty of these things. The Bible says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).

God's Word is truth, the only truth. There're no other truths outside the Bible. God gave us the Scriptures to study as our foundation and truth to believe and live by. Therefore, the Word is all we should accept, and most surely believe. Luke 1:1 says, "Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are MOST SURELY BELIEVED AMONG US."

You won't be able to live the Christian life to the fullest until you're thoroughly convinced that there're no alternatives to God's Word. You must be decisively convinced that the Word is true, irrespective of how you feel or the circumstances around you. This is important, because you can't make any meaningful impact with the Gospel, until you're definite about what you believe.

The Apostles didn't give room in the early church for people to be tossed here and there; they wanted everyone to be certain, to be clear, about the truth, to believe completely, and be passionate about the Gospel. Don't have questions in your mind against the truth; don't waver because of trials and persecutions.

Whenever you study the Word, or hear the Word preached and taught, open your heart to receive it. Let it get a hold of your spirit, and be steadfast and unmovable, fruitful and productive in every good work. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Word is my life, and the foundation of my success, joy, prosperity, and victories. I stand fast in the faith, knowing the certainty of those things wherein I've been instructed. I accept, and live by your Word, and as a result, your glory is manifested in all that I do! Thank you for strengthening my faith in the Gospel, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Colossians 1:23
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:1-24, Judges 17-18
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 10:11-21, Psalm 119:65-80

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:25am On Apr 15, 2016
He Came To Do Much More - Friday, April 15th .

Pastor Chris

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will (Ephesians 1:11).

There's a way some people think about Jesus and the Gospel that's inconsistent with the real purpose for which Jesus came into this world. For some, He came to save us from sin. But that's not the reason He came. Yes, He saved us from sin, but He came for much more than that.

To some others, all they know is that He came to "deliver" us from Satan and the forces of darkness. Again, that's not the reason He came. How could He have come, lived and died, just to save us from sin and the devil? He came to do much more.

Yes, He saved us from sin. Yes, He delivered us from the devil, and the wickedness that's in the world, but all that were a means to an end. The Bible says, "And He brought us out from there, that He might bring us in to give us the land which He swore to give our fathers" (Deuteronomy 6:23 AMP).

In the foregoing scripture, there're three important points to note. First, is that "He brought us out"; second, is the reason He brought us out—it's so that He might "bring us in." The third is the ultimate purpose, which is "to give us the land." The whole idea wasn't about bringing us out. He saved us, not so we could flee from the devil, but for a purpose—to bring us into something—our place in Christ; our inheritance in Him.

In Acts 26:18, Paul the Apostle narrated how the Lord Jesus sent him to the Gentiles, "To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance...." When you come to Christ, you not only receive remission or the removal of sin, you receive an inheritance: "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" (Ephesians 1:11).

No Christian ought to be broke or poor. The Bible says we're joint-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17). A Christian may call himself poor, and may go without, but that doesn't make him poor; he's only ignorant of what belongs to him. God's plan is to make you and Christ one; that's His purpose, and He's already done it.

Confession...
Jesus came that I might have life, and have it to the full. Now, I'm a partaker of the God-life! Blessed be God! My life is the expression and demonstration of God's glory and righteousness, the testimony of His grace and love, and the revelation of His perfection. Hallelujah!

Further Study:

Ephesians 1:3-11
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

2 Peter 2:2-4
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. 4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:25-15:1-10, Judges 19-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:1-12, Psalm 119:81-104
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2016
Give Him Your Attention - Saturday, April 16th .

Pastor Chris

Listen to what I am saying; pay attention to what I am telling you (Isaiah 28:23 GNB).

Some people don't pay attention to the different activities of the Spirit that happen during the service when they're in Church. They get carried away such that even though the presence and power of God could be so strong in that environment, their lives are not improved, because they're distracted.

Your individual attention is so vital each time you're in the presence of the Lord in the Church, and even during your personal devotions. God always has something special for you, a word for you that'll increase your glory, but you've got to pay the right currency—your attention. When you give Him your attention, you get everything He has for you.

God's Word is God's answer, and with your attention, you allow its free entrance into your spirit, until it changes your frame of mind, your way of thinking, and influences your words and delivers your inheritance to you. So, in praying to, and worshipping the Lord, always let it be from your spirit, with focus and attention. That way, the Spirit will minister to you, even as you minister to Him.

Give the Lord your attention; give Him your heart; give Him your mind. Let Him minister to you, and through you. Hebrews 10:22 says, "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith...." This doesn't mean to "come close" to God, because you're already in Him, and He in you. Rather, it refers to turning your attention to Him, making Him your focus. It's a terminology that refers to a consciousness of your spirit, because we can't draw any nearer to Him than we already did; we're one with Him.

Howbeit, our hearts can be far away. That's why the Bible says, "draw near with a true heart." So, every opportunity you have to fellowship with the Lord, give Him your full attention, and open your heart to receive all He has for you.

Prayer...
Blessed Lord, I thank you for the blessing of serving you, and worshipping you from my spirit. You're all that thrills my soul; you're more than life to me! I love you, precious Holy Spirit, and my whole heart is focused on you even now, to receive your glorious touch, and be transformed in your presence, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 15:7-9
Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Proverbs 23:26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

Proverbs 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 15:11-32, Ruth 1-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:13-24, Psalm 119:105-128
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:58am On Apr 17, 2016
Yield To The Leading Of The Spirit - Sunday, April 17

Pastor Chris

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Romans 8:14).
One reason some of God's children find themselves in unpalatable situations is that they don't submit to the leading of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit leads us through the Word.

Any counsel you receive that's contrary to what the Word says isn't from the Holy Spirit. Some people pray about something, then an idea comes to them, and they say, "Well, God is leading me to do such-and-such." If you were to ask them, "Why do you believe it's God that's leading you in that direction?" they'd say, "because I prayed about it."

The fact that you prayed about it isn't enough! What did the Lord say to you after you prayed? Did He tell you expressly to go ahead and do whatever it is you think He's leading you to do? Is the idea you got in sync with God's Word? Is it consistent with the scriptures? His Word is His will expressed. In yielding to the Spirit, to be led by Him, you yield to the Lordship, supremacy, and guidance of the Word.

This is why knowing the Word for yourself is absolutely indispensable. It's important to have accurate knowledge of the Word. The more submissive you are to the Lordship of the Word, the more easily the Spirit can lead you, and express Himself through you. His desire is to lead you from glory to glory.

Our theme verse says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the SONS OF GOD" (Romans 8:14). The underlined portion has to do with maturity; it refers to the matured sons of God ("huios": Greek)—those who have come to the place of maturity—they subject themselves to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

To fulfil God's destiny for your life, you must learn to follow the Spirit in the Word, by the Word, and through the Word. Never make a major decision in your life without consulting with Him. And don't be in a hurry when seeking His guidance; be patient until you hear His voice—His words—in your spirit, and never be in conflict with the Scriptures.

Confession...
I'm born of the Spirit, and I'm fully yielded to His leading, guidance and control; His truth and wisdom are the forces of my life, propelling me from glory to glory as I walk in the paths prearranged for me by God. I'm fulfilling His perfect will, and living out my destiny in Him, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 1:6-7
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

John 16:13-15
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Isaiah 30:21
And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 16,
1 Samuel 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:25-36, Psalm 119:129-144
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:42am On Apr 18, 2016
The Word Gives You Stability - Monday, April 18

Pastor Chris

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58).

Too many people are tossed back and forth in life; they're as unstable as water. That's not God's desire for you. He wants you steadfast, stable, consistent, always abounding in the work of the Lord. He wants you firm and stable in your faith. And the Word of God is what brings that balance and stability into your life.

To become a stable person, you have to become stable in the Word. Some people are easily moved and dissuaded from the faith by what they see and hear; they run their lives on the basis of their emotions and experiences. Every little thing shakes their faith. Never find yourself in that class.
Believe with all your heart that the Scriptures will give you light, and direction, and that it holds the solution to every problem.

Therefore, irrespective of the troubles, adversities and challenges, remain steadfast. Be unshakable. Trust the Word. Put your faith in it; believe it; be firm with the message of the Gospel. Become so inundated with the Word until the Word alone is all you think, talk and live out.
Serving Christ isn't in vain. God isn't unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love (Hebrews 6:10). The Bible says, "Be ye also patient; STABLISH your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh" (James 5:8 ) .

This is one of the reasons we minister and bring the Word to you every day. It's so that your faith can increase, and be established upon the truth, until you become perfect, unshaken, and complete, such that no matter what happens, you're courageous, vibrant and fervent for the Lord.

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Word gives me strength and ministers courage to my spirit. I'm steadfast, vibrant and fervent in spirit, today and always, irrespective of the tests, trials, and persecutions that may come my way! My faith is strong and active, and prevails over circumstances, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Isaiah 33:6
And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the Lord is his treasure.

Luke 6:47-49
Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:1-19, 1 Samuel 3-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 12:1-8, Psalm 119:145-160
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Apr 19, 2016
Don't Assume You Know - Tuesday, April 19

Pastor Chris

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

As you grow in Christ, one important decision you must make is to continually increase your knowledge of the Word. Be passionate to know the Lord more through careful and diligent study of the Scriptures. Give more attention to the Word of God; digest it into your spirit; meditate on it. Never assume that you already know enough of the Word.

There are people who just believe they've known the Word enough; they've become so familiar with the Word, and think they know everything in the Scriptures. Such people only realize the paucity of the Word in their spirit in the hour of crisis; that's when they find themselves acting in fear and anxiety. That's proof that the Word was really not inside them. Colossians 3:16 says, Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly..., not scarcely.

Abide in knowledge. The more you study the Word, the more you discover who Christ is, His character and nature, and also, the more you discover who you are in Him. And as you study, He manifests Himself to you in increasing glory. Our opening verse says, Study to shew thyself approved unto God. In other words, study to be successful; study to be updated, and increase your knowledge.
The Bible says through knowledge shall the just be delivered (not only out of trouble), but into their inheritance (Proverbs 11:9).

Christ has brought us freedom from defeat and freedom from sin; He's given us the ability to decide the kind of life we want to live. He's brought us liberty; He said, And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32).

When you get to know the Word of God, you become free in the area of the truth that you know. So, continually fuel your appetite for the Word of God. Meditate on the Scriptures day and night, and you'll be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, fruitful, productive, and prospering exceedingly in all that you do.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your Word, a material to build my life with, and usher myself into higher levels of glory, promotions, victories and success. As I meditate on the Word, your wisdom exudes from me, and your grace causes me to be fruitful and productive in all things, and function excellently, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Timothy 3:14-15
But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 1:5
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Hosea 6:3
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:20-18:1-14;1 Samuel 8-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 12:9-21;Psalm 119:161-176
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
Earnestly Intercede For Your Country - Wednesday, April 20th .

Pastor Chris

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty....(1 Timothy 2:1-4).

Our theme scripture is the Spirit's admonition through Paul to the Church on the importance of earnest intercession for all men, our countries of domicile, and the leaders therein. The result of such is an overwhelming experience of God's blessings of peace and prosperity. Isaiah 1:19 says, "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land."

This is part of what you do in obedience—praying, contending for the hearts of men in your country, and around the world, that His righteousness will be established, and all forms of evil, turmoil, wickedness, and terror, be thwarted.

Today, the security and economic situations of the world are of great concern. But the Church holds the solution. The Church is the only restraining power against evil in the earth today (2 Thessalonians 2:7).

Some Christians don't pray for their country; instead they complain. Don't be that way! If you don't pray for your country, how would you enjoy the good of the land? Meanwhile, in every country, the Bible shows that there's a lot of good in the land. Psalm 33:5 says, "...the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD."

Rise to the challenge and take up the responsibility of prayer. Pray earnestly and fervidly for the nations and leaders of the countries where you live or work, and then the rest of the world. Declare that God's righteousness prevails, and His glory rests on, and influences, men's hearts as God's people boldly proclaim the Gospel.

Pray also for ministers, that they be granted more grace to preach the Gospel with boldness and power, that many more souls may be added to the Lord all around the world.

Until the rapture takes place, we, as God's people, hold the true reins of power in the nations, and have the authority to direct their course through prayer.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I pray that your peace, progress and prosperity will reign in the nations of the world, and that you'll grant the ministers of the Gospel the courage to preach and minister your Word boldly. I pray that the power and influence of their message will kindle your love in the hearts of men. Thank you for the tremendous and glorious transformation of many lives through the Gospel, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Colossians 4:2
Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

Luke 18:1
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Jeremiah 29:7
And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 18:15-43, 1 Samuel 11-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 13:1-14, Psalm 120-122
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:18am On Apr 21, 2016
Understanding Your True Nature - Thursday, April 21st .

Pastor Chris

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith (Galatians 5:22).

You might want to ask, "If someone who's born again realizes that he has hatred, anger, bitterness, jealousy, envy, pride, etc., in his heart, how should he get ride of them? Should he pray to God to take them away?" First, you need to know who a Christian is; he's someone whose spirit has been recreated by God; and the recreated human spirit has certain distinct features, such as love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, and faith.

Hatred, anger, bitterness, jealousy, envy and pride aren't features of the recreated human spirit; so, refuse to harbour them. Look into your spirit and bring forth love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith. You have these beautiful features in your spirit. You may call them the "produce" of your human spirit, because you're a tree of righteousness.

The Bible says the love of God is shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5); this means there's no room in your heart for hatred, bitterness, jealousy, and all such negativities. Those are the works of the flesh. And God didn't tell us to pray about them. What He tells us is to put them off! If that weren't possible for you to do, He wouldn't have said so.

What you should do when there seems to be a manifestation of the works of the flesh in your life is to use your mouth! Declare that there's love in your heart. That's what you start with. You might ask, "Must I say it?" Yes, you must say it, and continue to say it, because your mouth is the rudder that controls your life. Every now and then, affirm, "Jesus Christ is Lord of my life, and I walk in love!" The more you say it, the greater the manifestation and expression of the love of Christ in your life.

You're born with the nature of God in your heart; you have the life of God in you. Be more conscious of the features of your spirit, and let your words and actions be consistent with your true nature.

Confession...
I walk in the Spirit, and therefore don't fulfil the lust of the flesh! The love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost! And I've put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him. I express the virtues and perfections of divinity to my world. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
1 Peter 2:1-2
laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, 2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: ||

1 Peter 2:12 MSG
Live an exemplary life among the natives so that your actions will refute their prejudices. Then they'll be won over to God's side and be there to join in the celebration when he arrives. ||

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:1-27, 1 Samuel 14-15
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 14:1-11, Psalm 123-124
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:55am On Apr 22, 2016
The Answer Is In You - Friday, April 22

Pastor Chris

For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live] (Ephesians 2:10 AMP).

As a Christian, there's no challenge or problem strong enough to destroy you, because the greater One lives in you. You're more than a conqueror. Before you were born, God already knew every problem you'd ever face, and made you a victor. The reason God allows problems or challenges come to you is that He already put the solution inside you. Problems gravitate towards their solution. So, when you face challenges, don't cover or fret; rather, rejoice, for it's your opportunity to manifest the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "...but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able...." God doesn't mind that you're facing a challenge in your life, because He knows that by acting on the Word, you can change the situation and turn it into a testimony that'll glorify His Name.

It doesn't matter what you may be going through, just know that you have the answer in you. That's why He says, "...count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations" (James 1:2).

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." God has prepared a glorious life for you; a life of advantage, victory, dominion and joy; He didn't prepare your life for defeat or failure! You're His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for glory and excellence. Live the good life that He prearranged for you.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I'm grateful that you made me a peculiar treasure unto you, and called me to a life of glory, excellence, and dominion. Thank you for setting me on the path of life: the path of righteousness and of glory, in Christ Jesus! I walk in divine wisdom, today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Colossians 3:15-16
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ||

Romans 8:35-38
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:28-48, 1 Samuel 16-17
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 14:12-23, Psalm 125-126
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2016
No Failure Or Defeat -Saturday, April 23rd .

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

The life that we've been called to live in Christ is the transcendent life. It's far removed from failure and defeat, because we're associates of the God-kind. We're joint heirs with Christ. Why then should any Christian suffer defeat and pain, when he's a joint-heir with Christ?

God had a plan, to make you one with Christ. That plan has already materialised. 1 Corinthians 6:17 says, "But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit." Now that you're born again, you're one with the Lord. You've come into union with Christ. You're not one who's struggling to attain God's level; you're already one with Him.

Therefore, sickness, disease and infirmity shouldn't have a place in your body. Failure of any kind isn't, and shouldn't be, a part of your life. Satan isn't a factor either, because you're seated with Christ in heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that's named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. You're superior to Satan and his cohorts.

Moreover, Ephesians 1:3 says, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." You might say, "But He only blessed us with all spiritual blessings"; no, understand that the spiritual controls the physical. The lesser is included in the greater. So, if you're blessed with all spiritual blessings, then you have automatically been blessed with all physical blessings. This means that there's nothing you don't have.

No wonder Paul said, "...all things are yours" (1 Corinthians 3:21). Everything you require for the life of absolute success, victory, dominion, glory and righteousness has already been granted you in Christ. That's what we read in our opening verse. So, as a Christian, poverty is unnecessary, because you're the seed of Abraham. The reason many suffer is their lack of knowledge: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." (Hosea 4:6).
Get to know who you are. You were called to a life of glory and excellence, not failure and defeat. Live every day with this consciousness.

Confession...
I've obtained an inheritance, which is imperishable and undefiled! I've been blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. I'm a success forever. The world is mine! My life is the testimony, and revelation of God's grace, wisdom, perfection, and righteousness. Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Psalm 115:15-16
Ye are blessed of the Lord which made heaven and earth. 16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:1-19, 1 Samuel 18-19
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:1-9, Psalm 127-128

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 321
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.