Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250365 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2016
Protect Your Heart From Anger - Friday, July 15

Pastor Chris

Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul (Proverbs 22:24-25).

As a child of God, not only is the Word of God your life, the Word also gives you a way of life. We’re cultured by the Word; our character is moulded by the Word. For example, with the Word of God, you can rid your heart of anger. There’re those who can’t control their temper. It doesn’t matter how long they’ve prayed about it, they’re still very full of rage; little things infuriate them and make them exhibit such anger that’s unbecoming of a Christian.

The only solution for such people is to re-culture themselves with the Word. The Scriptures admonish that you shouldn’t make friends with an angry man, lest you learn his ways. You don’t need anger in your life. Many use anger to intimidate and terrorise others, and it’s wrong. God says, “Don’t do it.” You may be a leader at whatever level, whether at home, in your organization, church, community, etc.; walk in love, and you won’t need to use anger to control people.

Try not to raise your voice in correcting those who are under you. Address them in love; use gracious words. When you speak harshly and angrily to people, you may think you’re making them unhappy; but in the real sense of it, you’re making yourself unhappy. When others offend you, be quick to let go. The Bible says it’s a sin to be angry for long: “If you are angry, don’t sin by nursing your grudge. Don’t let the sun go down with you still angry—get over it quickly; for when you are angry, you give a mighty foothold to the devil” (Ephesians 4:26-27 TLB).

Ecclesiastes 7:9 says, “Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.” Only the foolish are quick to get angry and allow the anger linger for a long time. Protect your heart from anger. Keep bitterness, wrath, malice and hatred away from you. Walk in love. If you’ve been given to quick and unrestrained anger, it’s time to call yourself to order. Meditate on the Word; confess the Word over your temperament, and become kind, full of love, patient, and self-controlled.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of your Word, and its ability to transform me from glory to glory. My heart is full of love, and I give myself wholly to the Word, to walk in your righteousness always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:19-21 GNB
Remember this, my dear friends! Everyone must be quick to listen, but slow to speak and slow to become angry. 20 Human anger does not achieve God's righteous purpose. 21 So get rid of every filthy habit and all wicked conduct. Submit to God and accept the word that he plants in your hearts, which is able to save you.

Proverbs 29:11 GNB
Stupid people express their anger openly, but sensible people are patient and hold it back.

Proverbs 14:29
[He that is] slow to wrath [is] of great understanding: but [he that is] hasty of spirit exalteth folly.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 23:12-35, Job 40-42

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 4:12-20, Isaiah 35
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:38am On Jul 17, 2016
Endless Prosperity - Sunday, July 17

Pastor Chris

Thus David the son of Jesse reigned over all Israel…And he died in a good old age, full of days, riches, and honour: and Solomon his son reigned in his stead (1 Chronicles 29:26, 28).

There’re people who, at a certain time, were doing very well in life; everything looked okay with them. But somewhere along the line, they lost everything they had acquired, not because somebody stole from them, but what they possessed suddenly became too small; the society grew bigger than them. Suddenly, the money they had, which used to be substantial, became paltry. Their vehicles became too old, and outdated.

Their lives took a downward slide; everything simply changed.
What could have happened? They had thought their lives would be beautiful all the way, but no; things turned sour, and they couldn’t believe it. Some of them have come to even accept that life is that way; “it’s full of ups and downs,” they say. But they’re wrong! Jesus said, “...I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain...” (John 15:16). That means endless prosperity; your success shouldn’t be short-lived.

Think about David: the Bible says he died at a good old age, having enjoyed long life, wealth and honour (1 Chronicles 29:28). It was the same thing with Abraham. There’re men and women described to us in the Bible who were rich, influential, powerful, successful, and served God in righteousness till their days were over; they had a great life all the way.

You can live in abundance every day. That’s God’s plan for you. Don’t live in the past; don’t be among those who’d say, “I used to be very rich, but things went bad.” Be at the cutting edge of everything! Be ahead of your generation, through adherence to spiritual principles revealed to us in God’s Word. And when you’re successful, you don’t have to be afraid about whether or not your success will last, because the Bible says, “…the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day” (Proverbs 4:18). That’s endless prosperity. Let this be your consciousness and cogitation always.

Confession...
The Lord God is the source of my prosperity! I’m established in His righteousness, planted in the house of the Lord; therefore, I flourish like the palm tree, with grace and glory! I bring forth fruit in season, and out of season, because I’m like a tree planted by the waters, ever in blossom. Glory to God!

Further Study:

Genesis 24:1
And Abraham was old, [and] well stricken in age: and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things.

Deuteronomy 8:18
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for [it is] he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as [it is] this day.

Psalms 1:1-3
Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 25:1-12, Psalms 7-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 5:1-12, Isaiah 37
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2016
Listen With Your Heart - Monday, July 18

Pastor Chris

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned (1Corinthians 2:14).

Values in the earth-realm are different from values in the spirit-realm. The only way to understand values in the spirit-realm is through the study of the Scriptures.
The Scriptures show you the things that are important to God. You can’t understand those values with human reasoning. Jesus said, “…forth at which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God” (Luke 16:15). This is what is buttressed in our opening verse: spiritual things are spiritually understood, and natural men stumble at them.

This is why it’s important that you train yourself to always hear and listen with your spirit. For example, in your church or local assembly, except you listen with your spirit, you could misunderstand what you
hear, and may even be offended by what’s being said. Some Christians have felt offended at their Pastors or leaders, because they were listening with their flesh while spiritual truths were being communicated, howbeit, with human words. If what’s being said makes “sense” to them, they’ll accept it; otherwise, they’ll filter it off. Don’t be that way.

Don’t live according to the senses. God’s Word isn’t meant to appeal to your senses; it’s meant for your spirit. When you receive the ministry of the Word with your spirit, everything about it will make spiritual
sense to you. Be excited always about the Word of God that comes to you. Take what you hear or are being taught in the Word as building blocks for more progress in your life. Never find yourself arguing with the Word; don’t struggle with it. Always receive the
Word with your heart.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the impact of your Word in my life. I receive your Word in truth, with faith, meekness, love and gladness, observing to do what it says, that I may increase in wisdom and glory, to the
praise of your majesty, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 Thessalonians 2:13
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

2 Chronicles 20:20
And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Acts 28:27
For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 25:13-26:1, Psalms 11-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 5:13-19,Isaiah 38
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:47am On Jul 19, 2016
Maintain The Drive - Tuesday, July 19

Pastor Chris

For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter, though a person may be weighed down by misery (Ecclesiastes 8:6 NIV).

God may give you a vision or direction on something and you may not follow it, because there’s no drive from within. If the drive isn’t there to fulfil the vision, you’ll not fulfil it. In fact, the vision could be on your conscience for some time until you harden your conscience against it. You’re aware the Spirit of God told you to do something, but you didn’t do it; one year has passed, and it’s not like you’re about to do it. Presently, the opportunity to do it has even become hazy, yet you’re not sure how to go about it anymore.

This is what happens with many people. When the timing for the vision came, different things came up and they got distracted; as a result, they missed it. Such people are like Peter, who stepped on the water to walk to Jesus, but when he took his eyes off the Master, the waves got his attention, and he began to sink.

Never allow anything distract or delay you from doing whatever the Lord tells you to do. Whatever He tells you to do or whatever guidance He gives you at any particular time is what you need; act quickly and don’t delay. Refuse to take your eyes off your focus, despite the contrary winds, and your faith will produce result. Once you know the Holy Spirit has ministered to you, giving you instructions on what to do, stay focused, and act.

If you delay, your faith for it may dissipate; the inspiration may no longer be there, and when you later want to do it without the inspiration, there’ll be no success. So, maintain the drive through your confessions; keep talking to yourself about fulfilling that God-given vision: the guidance that He’s given you. Keep saying it; stir your spirit with it, declaring that it’s done, and nothing is going to stop it. As you talk like that, you’re maintaining the drive, till the vision is fulfilled. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for your Spirit in my life that helps me maintain inspiration and sets me in the direction of your perfect will. I’m zealous and fervent, consumed with passion for the Gospel, and the things you’ve placed in my heart to accomplish for your glory. I’m winning every day, and making progress with giant strides, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ecclesiastes 8:6
Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man [is] great upon him.

1 Samuel 21:8
And David said unto Ahimelech, And is there not here under thine hand spear or sword? for I have neither brought my sword nor my weapons with me, because the king's business required haste.

Psalms 119:60
I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 26:2-18, Psalms 17-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 5:20-26, Isaiah 39
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:28am On Jul 20, 2016
The Word Perfects US - Wednesday, July 20

Pastor Chris

*"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).*

The scripture above tells us how to make our lives balanced and perfect: it's with the Word of God. The King James uses the word *"perfect,"* rendered *"artios"* in Greek, which means *"a freshness in completeness."* In today's language, it means to be *"up-to-date"* or *"updated."* So, the Scriptures are there for you to "update" and upgrade your life unto perfection.

Anyone would be making a big mistake to think they can live a glorious life, devoid of errors, if they ignored the Scriptures. If you want to live in the perfect will of God, pleasing Him in all things, living the Word is the only way. The Word is given to us to guide us, correct us, build and shape our character in righteousness and true holiness.

If you're not following the Scriptures properly, you'll make king-sized errors - embarrassing but avoidable mistakes. Jesus said in Matthew 22:29 NIV, *"You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God."* The more you study the Word, the more you minimize your errors, and ultimately become perfect. One of the definitions of success is the ability to minimize errors.

Don't keep making the same mistakes you made years ago. To keep repeating your mistakes means there's no growth. But with the abundance of God's Word in your heart, you'll grow unto perfection, and mistakes will be eliminated. Let the Word dwell in you richly; it'll give you the advantage, and make you perfect in all things. Give it first place in your life, and see the perfections of the Spirit become manifest in your life and in all that you do.

Confession...
The Word of God dwells in me richly in all wisdom, propelling me in perfection and excellence. I have a sound mind, and an excellent life, because I'm yielded to, and led by, the Holy Spirit, who guides me through the Word. I'm perfect, proficient, and thoroughly fitted for every good work. Glory to God!

Further Study:

Acts 20:32:
"And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.'

Matthew 5:48:
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 26:19-32; Psalms 19-20

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Galatians 6:1-9; Isaiah 40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:14am On Jul 21, 2016
It’s Not Enough To Have Enough -Thursday, July 21st .

Pastor Chris

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth (Ephesians 4:28).

There’re different levels of prosperity and you must keep challenging yourself to go higher. Some are at the level where they have just enough to get by, but it’s not enough to have enough. God’s plan is for you to live in superabundance, where you’re powerful and influential enough financially to do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it, however you want to do it!

Don’t be comfortable to have just enough for you and your family. Don’t be comfortable with having only all you need; challenge yourself to achieve more. You need to prosper exceedingly, not just for you and your family, but so you can be of help to those in need. Be the one that blesses others. This is what God told Abraham: “And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing” (Genesis 12:2).

God isn’t interested only in blessing you; He has blessed you and made you a channel of blessing. Our opening verse reveals the purpose for your labour; it’s so that you’ll have to give. There’s a blessing for the one who gives. Others must benefit from your prosperity. Someone says, “My business is doing very well; and everything is fine in my family….” Is that really all there is to life? Is that what Jesus died for? What about others who don’t have enough?

When the children of Israel went out to the Promised Land and were taking their inheritance, Joshua said to them, “...The LORD your God hath given you rest, and hath given you this land…but ye shall pass before your brethren armed…and help them…Until the LORD have given your brethren rest, as he hath given you…” (Joshua 1:13-15). This should be your attitude: live beyond yourself and be a blessing to others.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your grace upon my life, to be a blessing to others, and a dispenser of eternal verities. I’m like a well-watered garden, and an ever-flowing spring, giving life, restoring hope, and bringing joy to those in my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study:

Acts 20:35
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Proverbs 21:13
Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.

Hebrews 13:16 CEV
But don't forget to help others and to share your possessions with them. This too is like offering a sacrifice that pleases God

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 27:1-26, Psalms 21-22
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 6:10-18, Isaiah 41
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
There Are Positions Of Prayer - Friday, July 22

Pastor Chris

Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving (Colossians 4:2).
Did you know that there’re positions of prayer, and that the different positions you assume when you pray are important? For example, lying on your bed to pray is one of the positions of prayer.

When you lie on your bed to pray, it’s meditative. You’re likely going to start out praying in tongues, because there’s a lot that can come through your spirit, such as worship; you find that you’re worshipping and praising the Lord upon your bed, like the Bible says, “Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds” (Psalm 149:5). You can really be stirred on your bed as you pray like that, with the anointing welling up and overwhelming you. Before long, you might soon bounce off the bed and start pacing the floor.

Then, there’s kneeling down to pray. When you want to pray on your knees, it’s important that you’re specific and clear as to the things you want to pray about. In Ephesians 3:14-15, Paul said, “For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ…” ; and he clearly enumerated the things he wanted to pray about.

Then there’s the standing position. Jesus said, “And when ye stand praying, forgive…” (Mark 11:25); why? It’s because when you stand to pray, it’s often a prayer of faith that proceeds from your mouth; you start making decrees! However, the Master was quick to caution that you don’t harbour unforgiveness against anyone; you must walk in love, so your prayer will be effective. He wants your prayer life to be effective. In studying the Word, you’ll learn more on positions of prayer.

God wants us to continue in prayer. As long as there’s one sinner in the world, we must keep praying. As long as the rapture of the Church hasn’t taken place, we’ve got to pray. Prayer is a heavenly ministry; it’s part of our priestly ministry as believers; always take it seriously.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to me today. I’m confident, and therefore glad, that I have answers to every request I make in the Name of Jesus. I celebrate your life in me, grateful that in you I live, and move, and have my being. My life is eternally for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 Timothy 2:1
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1 Corinthians 14:14-15
For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Psalms 145:18
The LORD [is] nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 27:27-44, Psalms 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 1:1-14, Isaiah 42
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:35am On Jul 23, 2016
*Our Responsibility In Divinity* - Saturday, 23rd July.

_Pastor Chris_

*That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus (Philemon 1:6)*

Sometimes, you find Christians who, out of ignorance, always pray and hope that God will do something about their situation. Such people are still functioning in the human nature, instead of the divine nature. The Bible says, “ That the communication of thy faith may become effectual....” The word “effectual” is from the Greek, “energes,” which means “to become active or operative.” God wants your participation in the faith to become active or operative. He wants you functioning or doing your part in divinity. He doesn’t want you lukewarm or inactive like one that’s handicapped, expecting that whatever will be, will be. No, you’re a vital part of divinity. Glory to God!

This has been God’s idea all along. Look at the experience of Moses and the children of Israel by the Red Sea. As the chariots of Egypt approached them with deadly intentions, Moses thought to pray to God for help, but God’s response was rather stunning: “And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:” (Exodus 14:15). This wasn’t the time to start praying; the matter at hand was urgent. He then instructed, “...stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it...” (Exodus 14:16).

Observe that God didn’t say to Moses, “Pray to me and I will do something.” He said, “Divide the sea.” Moses then raised his rod over the waters, and when he did, God caused a strong wind to come through the waters and parted it both ways. That was an act of divine power, but Moses had something to do with it. He stretched forth his hand, and the Spirit of God moved. But until he did something, God did nothing.

2 Peter 1:4 lets us know that we’ve been made partakers of the divine nature; in other words, we’re associates of the God-kind. This implies that, as God’s children, we’ve been called to participate or to be involved in the divine experience. Make your participation in the divine nature active and effective through your words and acts of faith.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your grace that’s made me one with you and has qualified me to be a partaker of your divine nature. I declare that I’m walking in preordained paths and bearing fruits unto righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 2:13
Ephesians 3:20

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Acts 28:1-16, Psalms 26-29

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Ephesians 1:15-23, Isaiah 43
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:46am On Jul 24, 2016
Prize Your Salvation Above All Else - Sunday, July 24th

Pastor Chris

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).

The most important thing in your life as a Christian is your salvation. There’s no worldly accomplishment that can compare to it. Everything else you do, all the glory in this world, without your salvation is nothing. Therefore, prize it above everything else.

Our primary reason for preaching the Gospel—doing all we do to help others find their salvation—is our salvation. Sadly, there’re people who, after labouring and doing so much for the Gospel, lost their salvation because they went out of the way. They allowed some misguided people lure them away from the Word, and soon, they began to fight for things of this world and of the flesh. Your salvation is the most important thing; don’t trade it for anything.

If a man loses his salvation, he loses everything, regardless of how many conferences he may have attended or how many people he may have led to Christ. Protect your salvation. Keep it, and don’t allow anyone or anything destroy it. Don’t lead yourself astray, and don’t give anyone that opportunity. There’re hawks, wolves in the church who won’t spare the flock, and will for personal gain, do just anything to lead you in their pernicious ways.

Never forget that when you came to Christ, you came alone. God called you alone; just the same way the Bible tells us He called Abraham alone (Isaiah 51:2). That you have received Christ isn’t enough; that’s only the beginning. You must keep building yourself in Him, and growing in, and by His Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word by which I’m built and transformed from glory to glory. I yield myself to the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me always in your righteousness that I may live worthy of you, pleasing you in all things, fruitful and productive in every good work, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Hebrews 10:23-29
Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promisedwink 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 10:38-39
Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1 Corinthians 9:26-27
I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 28:17-31, Psalms 30-31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 2:1-10, Isaiah 44
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Jul 25, 2016
You’re His Voice To Your World .
Monday, July 25

Pastor Chris

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen (Matthew 28:19-20).

Our opening scripture is the Lord’s instruction to everyone who has received Christ; you’re to take the message of salvation to your world. You’re to teach those in your world how to live and walk in righteousness; you’re to teach all nations. What does He mean by “teach all nations?” Though synonymously used, it’s important to note that there’s a difference between nations and countries; countries have borders, but nations don’t.

“Nations” in our theme scripture doesn’t mean countries. It derives from the Greek word “Ethnos,” which refers to different groups of people, sharing a common interest. It’s our job to take the Gospel to every man’s world: to the different groups (ethnos) to which we belong. They may be in the world of politicians, doctors, artisans, musicians, academicians, lawyers, police or the armed forces; you’re God’s voice to your world.

You’re a missionary, an oracle of God, commissioned to help the unconverted in your world receive salvation, and teach them the Word. You’re to show them the path of life, for you’re the light of the world. God has made you a man or woman of influence in your world; use your influence for Him. Make impact with the Gospel. Let more people in your world come to the knowledge of Christ through you. Be bold to preach and teach the Gospel, for you’re His voice to your world.

Prayer...
Thanks be unto God, who has made me an able minister of the Gospel, to impact my world with the knowledge of Christ. I make full proof of my ministry, as a preacher and teacher of righteousness, proclaiming liberty to the oppressed, and bringing deliverance and the light of Christ to those in bondage, by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 1:1-17,
Psalms 32-34

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 2:11-22, Isaiah 45
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2016
Walk In The Word - Tuesday, July 26th .

For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD (Psalm 33:4-5).
We read in our opening verse that the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.

To whose advantage do you think that is? It’s the Church’s advantage! What you have to learn is how to walk in the Word to enjoy God’s best—His divine provisions. Everything God created was specially made for your comfort and provision. He’s already given you everything that you require to fulfil your destiny and live triumphantly for His glory (2 Peter 1:3).

1 Corinthians 3:21 says all things are yours. Therefore, you don’t have to suffer or settle for the lesser things in life. The Lord Jesus suffered in your place, to usher you into a life of glory. Hebrews 2:10 says, “For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.” 2 Corinthians 8:9 says, “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.”

These aren’t promises but present-hour realities. He tells us in Isaiah 1:19-20, “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land….” According to the Scriptures, we’re not called to obey the Word but to walk in the Word. We practise and do the Word; that’s where the blessing is: “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.…But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed” (James 1:22-25).
How much you enjoy life, and all that Christ has done for you and made you, depends on how much of God’s Word you live-out, walk in or live by.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for sanctifying my heart to know, believe and walk in your truth always. My life is improved, and your glory is revealed in and through me as I meditate on, and live in your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 6:47-49
Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 1:18-32, Psalms 35-37

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 3:1-12, Isaiah 46
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:22am On Jul 27, 2016
Activate The Power in You-
Wednesday, July 27

Pastor Chris

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:cool.

Many of God’s people need to know how to activate the power of God in them for an effective life and ministry. Paul said to Timothy, “Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands” (2 Timothy 1:6). It’s your responsibility to stir up the gift of God in you to produce results.

The Lord Jesus said you shall receive power after the Holy Ghost has come on you (Acts 1:cool. He’s in you now that you’re born again, which means His power is in you. However, if you want to see the release of the power of God in your life, the first thing you must
learn to do is declare God’s Word boldly and in faith.

The Word of God is God; His Word is where the glory is. Therefore, as you meditate on the Word and speak it forth, you create an atmosphere for the miraculous in, and around you. Another sure and quick way to activate and energize your spirit for the power in you to be effective is speaking or praying in tongues. When you pray in
tongues, your spirit is stirred; the power of God wells up like currents from your spirit.

That power works on. your mind such that you’re transported to the higher realms of the supernatural. 1 Corinthians 14:4 says the one who speaks in tongues edifies himself; he charges up himself like a battery. When a car battery is left inactive for a while, you’d need to charge it again to restore it to an
effective state.

In the same way, the power of God in your spirit can be dormant and inactive except you “charge up” your spirit and get it perpetually active by speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues works in conjunction with the Word to build your spirit and activate the power of God in you for the life of success and dominion.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your glory is manifested in my life today, as I meditate on the Word, and speak in other tongues. My life is a testimony of your immeasurable grace and righteousness. Your power in me is activated, causing me to walk in your glory and wisdom to fulfil your good pleasure, in Jesus’
Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 Corinthians 14:4
He that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

1 Corinthians 14:18
I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

Jude 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on
your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 2:1-29,Psalms 38-41

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 3:13-21, Isaiah 47

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:12am On Jul 28, 2016
Don’t Keep It To Yourself - Thursday, July 28th .

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever (Daniel 12:3).

Our opening scripture addresses those who win souls to Christ; they’re destined to shine as the brightness of the firmament and stars for ever and ever. This lets you know how important you are to the Lord, if you’re a soul winner.

Soul winning is God’s number one job, and as His children, we’re to take the message of salvation to the nations of the world; it’s our mandate: “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). The Gospel is man’s only hope; it’s God’s power to bring men out of sin into righteousness, and out of darkness into His marvellous light. Only through the Gospel can men receive eternal life and become partakers of the divine nature.

Through the Gospel, life and immortality have been brought to light (2 Timothy 1:10). Therefore, to know the Gospel; to be saved and then keep it to yourself means you’re not fulfilling the will of God. You must tell others about Christ and the power of His Gospel to save them and make them partakers of His righteousness.

Be passionate about soul winning; do it as though you’re the only person to whom the responsibility has been charged. Put your utmost into it. In Ezekiel 3:17-18 the Lord said, “Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me….”

God has made you a “watchman” over the sinners—the unconverted in your world. Therefore, let the passion for soul winning be in your heart as a burning fire, shut up in your bones, so much so that you’re unable to keep it to yourself (Jeremiah 20:9).

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making me a true and dependable minister of the Gospel, an ambassador of Christ. I’m effective today in turning many to righteousness, and from darkness to light, through the power of the Holy Spirit that’s at work in me mightily. I shine as a star forever, because I’m a soul winner, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 20:21
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace [be] unto you: as [my] Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Mark 5:18-20
And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him. 19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. 20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all [men] did marvel.

2 Corinthians 4:3-5
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 3:1-31, Psalms 42-44

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:1-10, Isaiah 48

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:54am On Jul 29, 2016
A Life Of Excellence-Friday, July 29

Pastor Chris

For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His
workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should
walk in them [living the good life which He
prearranged and made ready for us to live]
(Ephesians 2:10 AMP).

God prepared and planned your life beforehand for His glory. He didn’t create you for defeat, weakness, sadness or failure. He planned a wonderful life for you —a life of excellence. The challenge is that most
people are yet to understand God’s good plan for them. In Jeremiah 29:11, He said, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
God’s expected end for you is success, victory, honour, and abundance.

He prearranged a good life of blessings for you to walk in. It brings to mind what He
did before He created Adam. He first created a beautiful garden where everything Adam would require was made available. He then created Adam and placed him in the ready-made Garden of Eden, “…to dress it and to keep it” (Genesis 2:15), not to toil or cultivate the ground afresh.

God knew you’d be born at this time and planned ahead for you like every caring father would. That means there’s no need for you to go through life suffering, begging or seeking blessings, because you stepped into God’s destiny for you the moment you
were born again. Therefore, enjoy your life, and enjoy all that He’s made available to you.

2 Peter 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” He’s called you to
glory and virtue; that means to a life of excellence.

Never think failure, because God has never made a failure. You’re His dream come true; you’re the best of everything that He created: “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be
a kind of firstfruits of his creatures” (James 1:18).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your life and nature in my spirit, and the life of excellence that I have in Christ Jesus. I’m a winner and a victor forever. I rise higher than the tides of life, because the greater One lives in me. I’m a success forever, in Jesus’ Name.
Amen.

Further Study:

1 Peter 2:9
But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate,
them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 4:1-25,Psalms 45-48

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:11-16, Isaiah 49

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
Do Something About It - Saturday, July 30 

Pastor Chris

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ) (Romans 5:17).

Sometimes, certain things happen to some of God’s children, and others wonder, "But he’s born again; how could that have happened to him?" The person probably did nothing about the situation before it got out of hand. Some Christians have the erroneous idea it’s God who must "do" something about their case; but it’s not that way. He’s given you the authority to change circumstances in His Name. 

You must realize that God has done everything necessary to bring you out of any and every predicament; He’s done all that’s required for you never to fail in life. No matter what you may be going through today, be it problems at work, in your family, in your marriage, or with your children; you can be victorious. Perhaps you’re sick in your body or you have a loved one who’s suffering terribly, Jesus already settled everything. His vicarious death, burial, and triumphant resurrection was for you to have a life of glory.

You have the authority to use the Name of Jesus to effect any change you want in your life or the lives of your loved ones. Don’t say, "Whatever will be, will be!" To talk like that is to make yourself a victim in life. It’s your responsibility to ensure that the glory of God is manifested in your life. If you don’t do something, nothing will be done. 

Stand firm for what you want in life. Refuse to suffer. Use the Word, the Name of Jesus, and the power of the Spirit to destroy the works of the devil, and frustrate his manoeuvres where you are. Declare God’s Word boldly over your life, your family, your job, business, academics, ministry, etc. Use the Word to effect changes in your life, city, state and country, from glory to glory.

Confession...
I’m victorious for life, because I live in the Word. The Word of God in my heart and in my mouth prevails today and always over circumstances. I’ve overcome the world, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. I live the higher life in Christ. Glory to God!

further study: Mark 11:23; John 16:23-24

1 year Bible reading plan : Psalms 49-51 Romans 5:1-11

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Ephesians 4:17-24 Isaiah 50
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2016
Be Clear About What You Want - Sunday, July 31

Pastor Chris

…And whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven (Matthew 16:19).

What the Lord Jesus meant when He said, “Whatsoever thou shalt bind…” almost has nothing to do with permission or lack of it. The Greek word translated “bind” above is “deó,” and it means several things. It means to bind as in chains; it also means to put under obligation, to prohibit, or to prevent from free movement or liberty. However, many only relate with that word “deó” in isolation; but applying the other synonyms provides an expanded understanding of what Jesus actually meant in our opening verse.

When you study the Book of Revelation, chapter twenty, the Bible tells us about Satan being bound and cast into the bottomless pit by an angel who came with chains. Furthermore, in the ninth chapter of the same Book, you’d read about how there were fallen angels who were bound in the River Euphrates, and the word came for them to be released, to be “loosed.” That wasn’t a mere permission and forbidding. Those fallen angels were bound, possibly with chains.

Then in the Book of Luke, chapter 13, we find a woman who, because she had been bound by Satan, was bowed over; she came in while Jesus was teaching in the Synagogue, and Jesus said, “Woman, you’re loosed from your infirmity” (read Luke 13:12-16). The Master touched her and she straightened up, healed by the power of God. When Satan bound her, she couldn’t straighten herself.

Therefore, when Jesus said, “...whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven,” He meant whatsoever you ask the Father in His (Jesus’) Name, the Father will give it to you. So, when you say to Satan, “I bind you!” it has to be clear what you’re saying, because we already stated that to bind means many things; which one do you mean? What is it you want to bind? Moreover, what do you understand by what you said? What does the devil understand by what you said? Your communication and intention must be clear.

For instance, Jesus said to an evil spirit, “...Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, COME OUT OF HIM, AND ENTER NO MORE INTO HIM” (Mark 9:25). He bound the devil from coming back into the young lad. He was very clear about his instruction to the devil and what He was forbidding him from. Therefore, when you want to bind an evil spirit, be clear as to what you want; and he won’t be able to withstand your command. Blessed be God!

Confession...
Greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world! I’ve been given power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the ability of the enemy! I live in the Name of Jesus, and triumph gloriously by Him always, glory to God!

Further Study:

Matthew 16:19
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Ecclesiastes 8:4
Where the word of a king [is, there is] power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

Mark 3:27
No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 5:12-21, Psalms 52-55

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:25-32, Isaiah 51
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:13am On Aug 01, 2016
Glorified With Christ - Monday, August 1

Pastor Chris

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified (Romans 8:30).

Jesus is all-powerful. But just like in the book of Hebrews that tells us about those who had the possibility of deliverance but rejected deliverance, that they might have a greater glory (Hebrews 11:35), Jesus accepted the death on the cross. He laid down His glory, and suffered for us. The Bible says He gave up everything for our sake (Philippians 2:7 CEV). Today in heaven, Hes crowned with all glory and majesty. Hes the glorified Christ.

Now, 1 John 4:17 tells us something profound. It says, as he (the glorified Jesus) is, so are we in this world. It doesnt say, as he was, so are we. Were as He is NOW!

Hes the second and last Adam, because He heads the new creation of which were a part. Hallelujah! So, youre not from the first Adam; you cant be traced to him. When youre in Christ, therere no records that trace you to the first Adam, because the Bible says, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Were partakers, as well as bearers, of His glory. Jesus gave us the same glory that the Father gave to Him: And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one (John 17:22). Today, you have become the very effulgence of Gods glory, just as Jesus is. The Bible says, ...He received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased (2 Peter 1:17).

Get to know about the invaluable treasure God has deposited within you. Hes given you not just His life, His peace and His righteousness; Hes also given you His excellent glory.

Confession...
Just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so do I live a new life of dominion over sickness, disease, infirmity, poverty, and the devil. Im seated together with Christ in heavenly places, where I reign and rule with Him. Hallelujah!

Further Study :
Colossians 1:26-27
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
[27] To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 Peter 1:10-11
Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
[11] Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 6:1-14;Psalms 56-59

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:1-8;Isaiah 52
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:54am On Aug 02, 2016
The Bible Is God’s Testimony - Tuesday, August 2nd

Pastor Chris

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:21).

Many, out of ignorance, treat the Bible like any other book. They say, “Inspired men wrote the Bible the same way William Shakespeare was inspired to write ‘Julius Caesar.’” That’s not true. There’re different kinds of inspirations. There’s the inspiration of a poet, which has nothing to do with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. A poet could look at nature and be inspired, but the inspiration that comes from the Holy Spirit transcends such; it’s divine inspiration.

The Bible is a revelation; a compilation of the out-breathings of God; it’s God’s revelation given in words. Yes, it contains history, poetry, prophecy and so on; but these are all according to the Spirit of God and from His perspective. You’ll find in the Bible what God said; what angels said; what Satan said; what demons said; what prophets said; what men and women said, and what even an ass said. But they’re all God’s testimony of what they said.
Therefore, when we say the Bible is God’s Word, it’s true, because it contains the testimony of God. A testimony is a statement or affirmation of a fact. In a court of law, it’s the aggregate of proof offered in a case; the statement of a witness.

In Christianity, we believe and affirm that the Bible is God’s authentic declaration of Himself, of His works, of His plans and purposes, and of His views. Anyone who doesn’t believe this isn’t a Christian.
The Bible says all scripture is given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16); holy men spoke words that were carefully chosen by the Holy Spirit. This means the Holy Spirit didn’t only breathe God’s Word into the lives of these men, He actually moved them to write as they did. This makes the Bible trustworthy. You can trust its writings, because it’s more than a religious book; it’s the testimony of God.

Prayer...
Thank you precious Lord, for the revelation of your personality, will, purpose and character through the Scriptures. Your Word lightens my path and guides my life. I’m built up and energised by your Word for the ever-winning and triumphant life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

John 17:17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Psalm 93:5
Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 6:15-7:1-6, Psalms 60-63

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:9-16, Isaiah 53

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:42am On Aug 03, 2016
Faith In The Word - Wednesday, August 3

Pastor Chris

And Jesus said unto them…If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you (Matthew 17:20).

Have you ever heard someone say, “I have faith in the Bible?” That doesn’t really make any spiritual sense. You can have faith that the Bible is true, and that it contains the Word of God, but to have faith that it’ll protect you if you place it under your pillow at night won’t work.

Don’t rest your faith on “the Bible,” but in the Word of God contained therein. Remember, we observed in our last study that the Bible is the testimony of God, but it contains the words of men, Satan, demons, and even a donkey. So to have faith in the Bible in that generic sense isn’t what works. Your faith has to be in God’s Word, and by that, faith requires to be definite and directed. True faith originates from God’s specific Word; and that’s what produces results.

The “logos” of God is life (John 6:63), but it won’t do anything for you until you receive it and act on it. For instance, there may be several electric sockets with electric power in a building, but to use the power, you have to plug an appliance into a power socket for it to work. That’s the same thing with the Word of God. The Bible says, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). The whole body of God’s Word is truth, but the truth that makes you free is the truth you receive; the truth you know and live by.

The written Word doesn’t have power of itself until it comes out of the lips of a man who has faith; that’s where the power is. So, act your faith in the Word and you’ll be victorious always.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your engrafted Word, by which I live. I succeed and make progress by the Word today, and my victorious life is evident, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

John 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 7:7-25, Psalms 64-67

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:17-24, Isaiah 54
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
He’s The first-born Among Many Brethren - Thursday 4th August

Pastor Chris

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren (Romans 8:29).

As Christians, we’re not ordinary; we’re like Jesus: glorified, full of power, dominion and authority. We’re not beggars, slaves, or paupers; we’re sons and daughters of God. Some Christians act or talk like beggars when they pray; they’d say, “Father, we’re nothing before you....” How can we be nothing before one who has brought us into oneness with Himself?

Read the opening verse again; it says we were predestinated to be conformed to the image of the Son of God, Jesus Christ—the first-born among many brethren—not among many slaves. We’re His brothers and sisters. Let this understanding change your perception of God, and your opinion of yourself. Instead of praying, “Oh Lord, please help me; bless me, do this or that for me” say, “Lord, I thank you that I’m blessed in all things, and with all things, because I’m a joint-heir with Christ.”

Oh, the depth, enormity and magnitude of His love, to have brought us into such a wonderful union with Himself! What great honour to become partakers of His life, carriers of His glory, dispensers of His grace and the expression of His righteousness! His plan for us before the foundations of the world has been fulfilled in Christ Jesus. The Bible says now are we the sons of God (1 John 3:2); not later; not when we get to heaven, but NOW! Hallelujah!
After His resurrection, the Bible no longer refers to Jesus as the only begotten of the Father. Rather, He’s called the first begotten of the dead (Revelation 1:5); that is, the first to be born again. When we were born again, we became God’s begotten children just like Jesus. He’s the first-born among a special race of super-beings, and we’re not second to Him, we’re one with Him. As He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). The Bible says, “For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren” (Hebrews 2:11).

Prayer...
Father, I thank you for the privilege and honour to know that you delight in me personally. In your presence, I have mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Before I call, you answer; and while I’m yet speaking, you hear me. I’m conditioned by your love to walk in joy, victory, and prosperity always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Ephesians 2:19-22
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Matthew 28:10
Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father,and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 8:1-17,Psalms 68-69

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:25-33,Isaiah 55

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:23am On Aug 05, 2016
You’re The Expression Of Your Words - Friday, August 5

Pastor Chris

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

The most important natural gift given to human beings is the ability to talk. God gave us this special ability so we can be like Him. Words are not a language; words are spirits. Jesus said, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63).

Your life is the character of your words. You’re who your words, your ideas, your thoughts, and your opinions express. What you see when you look at “you” every day at home, in the office, in the streets, or at the marketplace, is the outward embodiment of your words, ideas, and opinions. You are your words. No man is ever different from his words. If a man’s words are defective, then his character will be twisted. You’re the expression of your words.

In Matthew 12:37, the Lord Jesus said, “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” This means if a man will be saved, it will be because of his words, and if he will be damned, it‘ll be because of his words. It’s important therefore, that as a child of God, you talk right. Put God’s Word on your lips and keep yourself in health, safety, prosperity, and victory.

You’re not the physical body that you see. The reflection you see when you look in a mirror isn’t all there is about you. You’re a spirit being, and your physical body is just your house; your domicile. In the realm of the spirit, when God looks at you, He sees your words, not just flesh and bones. When you speak, your words go into the realm of the spirit and they never die. One day, you’ll see your words and you’ll be amazed that they look exactly like you.

Confession...
My tongue is a tree of life, and my spirit is a reservoir of God’s Word. Out of my heart and my mouth flow the rivers of life, impacting my world with blessings, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Matthew 12:36-37 AMP
But I tell you, on the day of judgment people will have to give an accounting for every careless or useless word they speak. 37 For by your words [reflecting your spiritual condition] you will be justified and acquitted of the guilt of sin; and by your words [rejecting Me] you will be condemned and sentenced.”

James 3:2-6
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body. 3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body. 4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. 5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 8:18-39, Psalms 70-73

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 6:1-9, Isaiah 56
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:09am On Aug 08, 2016
Abilities Of The Human Spirit - Sunday, August 7

Pastor Chris

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV).
The Bible shows us that there’re three important virtues that God has given to human beings. Cats and dogs don’t have them, neither do demons nor angels; only human beings express these three virtues, as clearly delineated for us in the above scripture.

Now, faith is the ability to acknowledge the invisible and to act, in spite of sensory perceptions. Hope is the ability to expect and to project into the future. Love is the ability to give and accept value, trust, and fellowship. If you observed these definitions closely, you’d have noticed the emphasis on the word, “ability.” In reality, these three are abilities; they’re important abilities and virtues.

God gave these abilities of the human spirit to us as tools. If they’re tools, then we must use them. Let’s take faith for example: Jesus was with His disciples in a boat and was sleeping at the rear. A strong wind arose, and water began to flow into the boat. Agitated, the disciples woke Jesus up and said, “Master, don’t you care that we’re in danger?” But He responded by asking them, “Where is your faith?” (Mark 4:38-40). In other words, “You should have used your faith.”

The problem wasn’t the wind, neither was it the water; it wasn’t the circumstances either. What Jesus asked for was their faith. He was saying to them, “No matter what happens to you in this world, no matter the circumstances in which you find yourselves, what you need is your faith. Always put it to work.”

The only principles that’ll exist in the world to come are faith, hope, and love. That’s why it’s essential for us to understand them and put them to work. We’ve been given abilities that aren’t unstable, but remain always. They’ll always work and produce results for us.

Prayer...
Thank you, dear Father, for your indescribable gifts and abilities at work in me. As a good steward of your manifold grace, I’m perfected in every good work to do your will, doing that which is well-pleasing in your sight, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 6:19 Which [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 9:30-10:1-21, Psalms 78

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 6:21-24, Isaiah 58
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:06am On Aug 08, 2016
Our Call To Fellowship - Monday, August 8th .

Pastor Chris

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord (1 Corinthians 1:9).

Some people always see themselves as ever needing God, the ever-ready supplier, whom they have to beg continually to get something. They think He holds back, while trying to find out who deserves His help. That’s a wrong idea about Jesus and our heavenly Father. That’s not the picture the Bible paints at all. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is far beyond the matter of sin and salvation from sin. The highest and main purpose of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the call to fellowship. What does this mean?

First, it means a call to oneness, a family relationship, a unity of spirit, a joint-partnership, where everything that belongs to Him belongs to you, and everything that belongs to you belongs to Him. Can you imagine that God calls us into such a fellowship where everything He owns belongs to us as much as it belongs to Him? It’s what Jesus came to achieve for us.

We couldn’t come into that fellowship until, first and foremost, we were given a new life. He died for our sins to make it possible for us to have it. Salvation from sin was, therefore, a means to an end, not His primary purpose for coming. The end purpose was fellowship.

Our message in Christianity isn’t, “He came to die for our sins”; rather it’s, “Receive the life that Jesus has brought and walk in victory.” “(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink” (1 John 1:2).

The Gospel is God’s call to fellowship. The foregoing scripture, as simple as it is, is probably the most important thing anyone would ever discover on earth. It should be, of course; because it encapsulates the totality of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That’s what it’s about. It’s the reason Jesus came.

Prayer...
Thank you, dear Father, for calling me into a glorious fellowship with the Holy Spirit, and your Son, Jesus Christ!I treasure my oneness with you through Jesus Christ; therefore, my source of supply is inexhaustible, because you’ve given me a privileged access to all that belongs to you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 John 1:3
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John 17:22-23
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:1-24, Psalms 79-81

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:1-8, Isaiah 59
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Aug 09, 2016
The Kingdom Is Here Already - Tuesday, August 9

Pastor Chris

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3).

Notice that in our opening verse, the Lord Jesus didn’t say, “Except a man be born again, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God.” He said, “he cannot see….” He’s saying, in other words, that the Kingdom of God is here present. You can’t see it, until you’re born again, and have the life of that Kingdom. The Kingdom of God is the totality of God’s influence that covers the world and heaven. It’s everywhere, but its manifestation isn’t everywhere.

God sent Jesus to establish the Kingdom of Heaven. The Kingdom of Heaven is that part of the Kingdom of God headed by Jesus Christ, established in the earth through the Gospel. You become a part of that Kingdom when you receive Jesus as your Lord, to be born again. When you’re born again, you start “seeing” differently. You see what others don’t see. You hear what others don’t hear. You know what others don’t know, and yet you may be physically in the same earthly location as they.

Remember, when God spoke to Jesus on the Cross, the people said it thundered. Some said, “An angel spoke to Him.” They didn’t understand, and yet we were given the meaning of the words.

So, really, “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God”; he can’t hear or know it. But when you’re born again, you have insight into divine mysteries and secrets. When you read the Bible, you can understand it, because the Spirit of God in you unveils the Word to you. He makes the mysteries of the Kingdom clear to you, for it is written,“…it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven…” (Matthew 13:11).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into the Kingdom of your dear Son, according to your own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit. I’m grateful for your Kingdom, which is in my heart, and for the Holy Spirit in me who unveils the mysteries of the Kingdom to me, with the ability to appropriate spiritual realities, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ezekiel 11:19-20
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Luke 17:20-21
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:25-36, Psalms 82-84

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:9-14, Isaiah 60

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2016
We’re Children Of The Covenant - Wednesday, August 10

Pastor Chris

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed (Acts 3:25).

One Bible character that’s been very popular and important through the ages is Abraham. What made him so relevant in God’s scheme of things? It’s the covenant God made with him. Abraham was God’s covenant friend. Now, I know there’re Christians who say they have a covenant with God. No, you don’t have any covenant with God. Abraham had a covenant with God, but we’re not in that covenant. Who are we?

We’re the seed of Abraham: “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:26-29).

As Abraham’s seed, we’re the children of the covenant that God had with him. This is really amazing! Let me illustrate further. Imagine a husband and his wife in a marriage covenant. Would their child or children be part of their covenant? Absolutely not! Their child would be the product of the covenant.

Books have been written about our covenant with God, but really, we’re not in covenant with God. The danger of this misleading teaching is that while praying and trying to get results on the basis that you’re in covenant with God, you’re merely trying to get what you already have. And you’ll never get it that way. There’re things people pray and struggle for that shouldn’t be, if only they knew who they are, and their positioning in Christ. We’re children of the covenant!

Confession...
I’m Abraham’s seed, and therefore, an heir according to the promise! As Abraham was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold, so have I been made exceedingly fruitful and rich in all things! I’m plugged to a heavenly supply, living in abundance always. Glory to God!

Further Study:
2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 12:1-16, Psalms 85-88

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:15-22, Isaiah 61
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:35am On Aug 11, 2016
Don’t Entertain Fear - Thursday, August 11th .

Pastor Chris

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness (Isaiah 41:10).

Some Christians have asked, “What if there’re demons ganging up against me, shouldn’t I go for deliverance?” No, don’t go for deliverance; go for the Word! A Christian doesn’t need deliverance from Satan or anything of darkness. If he’d just learn, and apply the Word of God, he’d always win, irrespective of how many demons are out there. Think about it: How many rats will be enough to agree together to attack a cat? There’s a natural fear of the cat inside the rats.

Likewise, fear nothing, and fear no one. God has called you, and sent you as His ambassador to your world; you’re a minister of reconciliation. Everything has to respond to that call. You have a mandate from heaven, which you must fulfil; let nothing stop you, for you’re bigger, stronger, and greater than the adversary.

God said of the children of Israel as they journeyed from nation to nation, “This very day I will begin to put the terror and fear of you on all the nations under heaven. They will hear reports of you and will tremble and be in anguish because of you” (Deuteronomy 2:25 NIV). 1 Chronicles 16:20-22 also says, “And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people; He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes, Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.”

Have no fear in you. Christ Jesus is greater than all. He said,“…the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me” (John 14:30). Satan has nothing in you. Give him no room. Refuse to fear.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the victory I have over the devil, the world, and circumstances. Satan has nothing to his advantage in me, because I’m born of the Word, and walk in the Spirit. Fear, doubt, unbelief, sickness, infirmity, failure, and poverty are not a part of my experience of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. ||

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 12:17-13:1-14, Psalms 89

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:23-30, Isaiah 62
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Aug 12, 2016
We Have Divine Life - Friday, August 12

Pastor Chris

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23).

In our fellowship with the Father and the Son, Jesus Christ, we’ve been given something free, and that’s life eternal: “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life” (1 John 5:11-12).

What is eternal life? It’s the life and nature of God—the quality of the divine life. In the world, there’s the animal life and the plant life. There’s also the natural human life. However, according to the scriptures, there’s the God-type of life, and that’s what He’s given us.

When you were born again, something actually transpired in the realm of the spirit. Your human life was supplanted by the divine life. This is the reality. It’s one of the reasons Christianity isn’t a religion; being born again is an actual transformation; a real spiritual birth: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

The word, “creature” means “strange living thing”: something that can’t really be described; a new species or type of being that’s born of God; that’s who you are. The Bible says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures” (James 1:18).

“First fruits” means “the first and best.”
The Apostle John declared in 1 John 5:13, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” Why was it so important for him to let us know we have the God-life? It’s because you can’t enjoy the benefit, the power, and the influence of that life except you have it, and know that you have it.

Philemon 1:6 says, “That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.” Acknowledge and affirm that you have, and can live the God-life: the life of righteousness, praise, dominion, and glory. Hallelujah.

Confession...
I’m a partaker of the divine nature; I have the very essence and character of divinity. The indestructible, impregnable, and indomitable life of God is in me. I’m thus programmed and positioned for the transcendent life, dispensing the realities and verities of God’s Kingdom. Glory to God!

Further Study:

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 14:1-23-15:1-4, Psalms 90-93

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:1-11,Isaiah 63
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Aug 13, 2016
Store The Word In You - Saturday, August 13th

Pastor Chris

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

The Word of God is your source, and God’s plan is for you to be nourished and sustained by your source. You were born, not of perishable seed, but by the Word of God that lives and abides forever. Do you see why you’re unconquerable? Nothing can put you down, because you’re an offspring of the Word. However, you must keep feeding your spirit with the Word.

The Bible says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord” (Colossians 3:16). You become the Word of God that you receive into your spirit. As the Word of God gains the ascendancy in you, it produces in you the mind-set of victory and dominion. When you face crises, you won’t be shaken, because the Word of God is strong in you.

It doesn’t matter what’s going on around you; refuse to panic. Greater is He that’s in you, than he that’s in the world. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” You can’t know this and be a sissy or weakling that’s defeated in life. The question is: do you love the Lord? If your answer is yes, you have nothing to fear. No matter what’s happening, it’ll turn out for your good.

The Bible says, “…count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations” (James 1:2). Keep the smile and laughter on; you’re more than a conqueror. Store the Word in you. Digest and “drink” the Word; get it into you in abundance, and your life will be an endless stream of victories and the miraculous. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the Word of your grace, with which my life is being built, and established in your righteousness, victory, glory, and success. I’m one with the Word; it grows mightily in me and prevails over sickness, death, failure and all negative circumstances. The Word propels and causes me to function excellently in all my affairs, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:5-13, Psalms 94-98

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:12-18, Isaiah 64

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2016
He Wants You Vibrant And Strong - Sunday, August 14th .

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth (3 John 1:2).

One of the ways to improve your health is making sure you have good enough rest for your physical body, and good sleep has a role to play in this. It’s recommended to sleep for a certain number of hours every day. Although some people say, “There’re days that I sleep throughout; and then other days, I just stay awake.” That isn’t a normal lifestyle. If you’re that way, always cutting back on sleep, then you’ve got to reorder your lifestyle.

You’re not supposed to go on for several days without sleep, hoping to make up by sleeping eventually for twenty-four hours. That’s not going to work. Over time, chronic insomnia could drastically affect your health. God made day and night on purpose. Night has a cooling effect on the natural body. The biological effect of night is to cause you to sleep, to create the instincts of sleep, yet some people will still not want to give in to sleep. Such a lifestyle isn’t too good for your health, and could even impact your eyes negatively.

The Bible says, “...wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear” (Isaiah 28:12). Can you see that? He wants you to be vibrant, healthy, and strong. Therefore, He’s telling you that a good rest is a way to improve and extend your health; it’s a way to care for your physical body. Some people leave the responsibility of caring for their physical body to God; but your body is your house, and you’re the custodian of it. So, you must take care of your body.

Many get sick because they ignore simple routines like a proper rest and physical exercises. The Bible says bodily exercise profits little; it doesn’t say that it profits nothing. It’s important that you learn to keep your body healthy and strong; ensure proper hygiene, and don’t wear out your body from excessive labour. Keep your body in health, through the consistent application of the Word of God, and some basic health regimen. Make your body healthier so you can serve God better!

Confession...
Divinity is at work in me, in every fibre of my being, every cell of my blood, and in every bone of my body! I refuse to let sickness dominate my body, for my body is the temple of the living God, and that same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in me! I’m guided by wisdom to offer my body as a living sacrifice unto God! I live in health today, and always! Hallelujah!

Further Study:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Psalm 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Psalm 127:2 (ESV)
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:14-33, Psalms 99-101

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-30, Isaiah 65
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:17am On Aug 16, 2016
Exercise Your Faith - Monday, August 15

Pastor Chris

…according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3).

Your faith is God-given and it works. Jesus said, “...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you” (Matthew 17:20). Notice what He said: “If ye have…” because at one time, His disciples had no faith. That was when He asked them, “…how is it that ye have no faith?” (Mark 4:40). However, for us, the new creation, we were born again with faith in our spirits.

There’s no Christian that lacks faith. God gave to each one of us “the measure,” not “a measure,” of faith. He gave us all the same seed of faith, but you’re required to grow your faith and make it effective. The circumstances and the crises of life are at different levels, and require different levels of faith. There’s little faith and great faith, and then there’s weak faith and strong faith. You increase your level of faith by hearing more of God’s Word (Romans 10:17), but to improve the quality of your faith—the tensile nature—you have to exercise your faith; you have to use it.

For instance, that someone has a large body with a lot of flesh doesn’t necessarily mean the muscles are strong; you strengthen them by using and exercising them. Keep using and exercising your faith by acting on the Word; faith always works. If you acted your faith and it seemed like it didn’t work, go back to the Word and learn some more, and try again.

It’s like a child learning to walk; it gets more perfect with every step. It’ll be wrong to say of a child who’s learning to walk, “Since this child has fallen three times, I’ll never let him walk again.” The child would have to keep at it until finally, his muscles are strong enough, and that same child starts running.

Keep building and developing your faith by learning more and more of God’s Word and putting what you learn to work. Be quick to accept, believe, and do the Word. Affirm and declare the Word, irrespective of the contrary circumstances. That’s how to build strong and prevailing faith.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice in your Word that’s at work in me and building my spirit strong! I’m set on the path of life, guided by your Spirit in glory, and everlasting triumph. I live the glorious life of righteousness, dominion, grace and power, today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Proverbs 24:10
[If] thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength [is] small.

2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 16:1-27, Psalms 102-103

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 3:1-12, Isaiah 66
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Aug 16, 2016
Your Right To Divine Health - Tuesday, August 16

Pastor Chris

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed (1 Peter 2:24).

Sometimes, people testify about their health and say, “I really thank God for giving me health. Where would I have been if He hadn’t given me health?” They think God looks around from time to time and says to one, “I give you health,” and to another, “I seize your health.” That’s not the way God is, and that definitely isn’t the kind of God Jesus pictured for us.

In Matthew 8:16, the Bible says Jesus healed all that were sick, revealing to us that it’s not the Father’s will for anyone to be sick. Acts 10:38 says, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” The oppression came from the devil, but it was the Father who anointed Jesus to heal all who had been oppressed.

God gave you divine health because He loves you. He didn’t wait for anyone to pray for your sins to be forgiven before sending Jesus Christ to die for you; He sent Him because He loves you. In the same way, He took sickness and disease away from you and made divine healing and health your inheritance in Christ. Thus, you have a right to health, because Jesus paid for it. He died to give you divine health.

Refuse to be sick. Don’t say, “But there’re some normal sicknesses”; there’s no sickness that’s normal. How could any sickness be normal? Just because it’s common doesn’t make it normal. Otherwise, why would people try to get rid of “something that’s normal?” Your ears are normal; that’s why you haven’t tried to have them cut off. People only cut off from their bodies the abnormal things: for example, cancerous growths; not the normal ones.

God cares about you and wants you to live healthy and strong every day. 3 John 1:2 says, “…I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

Prayer...
Blessed Father, I thank you that I live healthy and strong by the Holy Spirit. Divine life is at work in me. I manifest the virtues and perfections of your righteousness, walking in the glory and dominion of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 33:24
And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein [shall be] forgiven [their] iniquity.

Romans 8:10-11
And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 1:1-31, Psalms 104-106

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 3:13-21, Jeremiah 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:18am On Aug 17, 2016
Trust…Believe…And Act On The Word - Wednesday, August 17th .

Pastor Chris

So, as the Holy Spirit says: Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts… (Hebrews 3:7-8 NIV)

When God’s Word comes to you, the first and important thing to do is to accept it.

This may sound too simple for some people, but the things about God are so simple; He’s never complicated. If He were to come to us in His complexity, no one will even be saved. He’d remain a mystery. So, accept Him in His simplicity, and accept all that He’s done for you. That’s what it takes.

He’s called you to fellowship; accept it. He’s given you eternal life; accept it. He’s made you righteous, strong, vibrant, healthy, prosperous and influential; accept it! If you don’t accept what He’s done for you, given you, and made you—and live accordingly—you’ll be a victim in life. There’re people who say, “If God is real, let Him do something about my situation.” He already did; so stop waiting.

Find out what the Word says about that situation; accept it, and live accordingly.
Romans 1:16 says, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” The Gospel of Christ is a message that works only for the one who believes. If you don’t believe it, it won’t work, even though it’s the power of God. Believe and accept that God has blessed you.

He’s not planning to do it, He’s done it already: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3).

Even now, if there’s a situation in your life that you want changed, you can receive a miracle by saying “Yes” to the Word! Quit thinking, “Is there hope for me?” Yes. Christ is your hope. His Word is the answer. There have been many like you who were in similar situations and had a transformation. If the Word could produce results for them, it’ll do the same for you. Trust the Word. Believe the Word. Act on the Word.

Confession...
I delight in the Word of God, for it’s perfect; enriching and beautifying my life. The glorious life is mine as I acknowledge and receive every good thing that I have in Christ Jesus, walking in the light and reality of who I am in Christ. Righteousness, joy, peace, prosperity, health and strength are mine, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 6:12
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 2:1-16, Psalms 107-108

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 4:1-7, Jeremiah 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 328
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.