Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250580 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2010
Subject: You're Christ’s Extension – Tuesday September 28, 2010

You're Christ’s Extension

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this (Psalm 22:30-31).

If you’ve ever read the genealogy of Jesus, you’ll discover when you count from the exile of the children of Israel to Christ, that it numbers thirteen instead of fourteen generations. Yet, the Bible says “…from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations” (Matthew 1:17). Why is this so? The reason is simple: Christ was counted twice – Christ the man and Christ the Church – and that makes fourteen. I’ll explain further.

In 2 Corinthians 6:14-15, the Church is called righteousness, and the world is called unrighteousness. We’re also called “light” and the world is called “darkness,” while in verse 15 the Church is called Christ: “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness” “And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?”

In Isaiah 53:10, the Prophet Isaiah described a vision he had about the vicarious sacrifice of Christ: “Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.” Jesus died for us, was buried, and rose from the dead on the third day. He ascended into heaven and left us here on earth as his extension to prolong His days.

David said in Psalm 22:30, “A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.” We’re His seed; the seed that shall serve Him and be “accounted for” or taken as a generation; a generation of “…people that shall be born…” (Psalm 22:31). We’re that generation; those of us who are born again and who live on the earth to prolong His days.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for showing me through your Word that I’m Christ’s extension in the world. I function as your outstretched arm to my world today by preaching the Gospel in demonstration of the Spirit and power, and many more will come to the knowledge of your saving grace, in the of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 12:4-5
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Ephesians 5:30
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Ephesians 4:17-5:2
Reading plan Isaiah 1-2

2 Year Bible 2 Timothy 3:1-17
Reading Plan Jeremiah 46

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by goldenterp(f): 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
Thank you and Weldone Mabell, God bless you
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2010
Subject: Judge All Prophecies – Wednesday September 29, 2010

Judge All Prophecies

My dear friends, don’t believe everything you hear. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you. Not everyone who talks about God comes from God. There are a lot of lying preachers loose in the world (1 John 4:1 MSG).

Some people are quick to believe visions, dreams, or prophecies without first finding out whether or not such visions, dreams or prophesies are in line with the Word of God. This accounts for the mess many have found themselves in today. A vision, dream, or prophecy that isn’t consistent with God’s Word, is not from Him. In fact, such visions, prophecies, revelations and dreams should be rebuked in Jesus’ Name!

The only sure way to know if a vision, dream, prophecy or revelation is from God is to check its consistency with the Word. God doesn’t contradict Himself. Take for example someone who dreams about getting married to a non-Christian. There’s no need to muse about such a dream because it definitely contradicts the Word. 2 Corinthians 6:14 says, “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?”

1 Thessalonians 5:21 says “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” In other words, subject all things to the light of God’s Word. Don’t accept a prophecy, dream or vision that doesn’t measure up with the Word. Just because you felt good about it doesn’t mean it came from God.

God’s Word is the supreme authority – the sole standard – by which we judge whether the manifestations we see or experience are for Him. Therefore, judge all prophecies with the Word; if they are not in sync with the revelations of the new creation in Christ, they must be discarded.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for giving me your Word. It is the supreme authority by which I live and conduct all my affairs. I know without any reservation, that the story of my life is one of God’s grace, favour, and love, because I live by the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Ephesians 5:3-21
Reading plan Isaiah 3-5

2 Year Bible 2 Timothy 4:1-10
Reading Plan Jeremiah 47

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
Subject: Be Bold To Make Your Faith Proclamations – Thursday September 30, 2010

Be Bold To Make Your Faith Proclamations

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak (2 Corinthians 4:13).

Proclaiming what you already believe in your heart strengthens your spirit and causes the Word to be active in your life. Our confessions of faith change and transform us, causing us to experience the realities of the Gospel in our lives. Therefore, always boldly proclaim the Word in Faith.

Believing what God says and confessing the same will change your life. This is because there’s power in the Word, which gives it the ability to change hopeless situations and cause circumstances to conform to God’s plans and purpose when applied.

God created the world by His spoken word. He said “let there be…” (Genesis 1:3, 6, 14), and there was! In other words, whatever He spoke came into being. Hebrews 13:5-6 says, “for he hath said, …So that we may boldly say…” He taught us to boldly make our faith proclamations. Jesus taught us the same when He said in Mark 11:23 ‘you shall have whatever you say’

So we learn from Scripture that God talks faith, therefore we ought to be that way for “as He is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17). When you speak God’s Word in faith, the Spirit of God causes it to come to pass. So today, proclaim the Word boldly in faith concerning any challenging situation you may be facing. Remember, what you say is what you get, so speak the Word boldly and create the realities you want to see in your life.

Prayer
Dear Father, I declare that circumstances are turned around for my good, and I’m blessed beyond measure today as I speak forth your Word in faith. I receive the blessings of the Spirit through the Word into my life and declare that my mind is renewed, and my life transformed by the latent power of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 10:6-10
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from abovesmiley 7Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Ephesians 5:22-6:9
Reading plan Isaiah 6-8

2 Year Bible 2 Timothy 4:111-22
Reading Plan Jeremiah 48

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kay17: 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
Still scamming ppl!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2010
Fundamental Divine Rights

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage (Galatians 5:1).

In the concept of nationhood as it is in the world, the fundamental human rights of the individual citizen is a much celebrated ideology. Citizens are required to know their fundamental human rights so they can take advantage of such rights and privileges. These are rights and freedoms to which all humans are entitled.

Such entitlements can exist as shared norms of actual human moralities, as justified moral norms or natural rights supported by strong reasons, or as legal rights either at a national level or within international law. However, as important as it may be for you to know your fundamental human rights and pursue them, there’s something far superior and more worthy for you to pursue and take advantage of, and that’s your “fundamental divine rights.”

If you’re born again then you automatically belong in God’s country called Zion, with divine rights and privileges: “But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem…” (Hebrews 12:22-24). So, look beyond your natural human rights to the glorious heavenly blessings, rights and privileges of those who are born into God’ Kingdom! Just as it’s wrong for your fundamental human rights to be violated, God doesn’t want anything or anyone to violate your divine rights, such as the right to live in health, prosperity, victory, success, dominion and excellence; the right to reign and rule over the circumstances of life and exercise dominion over satan and the powers of darkness.

To best explore and take advantage of your fundamental divine rights, privileges and inheritance in Christ, you’d have to study God’s Word, for that’s our heavenly bill of rights and manual for daily living. In it, you’d discover who you are, what you have, and what you can do in Christ. You don’t need to beg God, or pray till hell freezes over to begin enjoying these rights and other blessings in Christ Jesus, they are yours NOW; they’re your present hour-possessions. So lay claim to them and begin to enjoy them.

Confession
I belong in God’s superior class of divine beings; therefore I look beyond the natural realm of existence to my heavenly rights, blessings and provisions in Christ Jesus! I recognize today and take hold of my divine right to live in health, prosperity, victory, success, dominion and excellence! I thank you Lord Jesus, for giving me the right to reign and rule over the circumstances of life and exercise dominion over satan.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Galatians 5:13
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Philippians 3:12-4:3
Reading plan Isaiah 19-22

2 Year Bible Philemon 1:10-25
Reading Plan Lamentation 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2010
Subject: Satan Is Defeated – Thursday October 21, 2010

Satan Is Defeated

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19).

As one who is born again, not only has Jesus given you power and authority to cast satan out, He also made you superior to him and all his demons. The resurrection of Jesus made a champion of you. The Bible says you were raised up together, and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6). You’re seated with Christ, far above all principality and power, so you’re superior to them! God has already done everything He needs to do about the devil; it’s now your responsibility to resist him and put him to flight.

The Bible says when you resist the devil he’ll flee from you terrified (James 4:7). He is programmed to flee when you resist him, and you resist him by maintaining your confessions of God’s Word. You need to know that the devil is already a defeated foe; it’s your responsibility to stall his maneuvers and manipulations in and around you. Perhaps he may have afflicted someone close to you, maybe a loved one; but you can declare today, in the Name of Jesus, that he takes his filthy hands off that loved one. Don’t pray, “O God please stop the devil!” No. You're the one to run satan out of your home.

Vain religion says “O God, don’t let the devil come after me!” But when you know who you are in Christ, you say “I’m not going to let the devil have a foothold in my life!”

“I’m not going to let the devil have my son, or daughter; I’m not going to allow his manipulations around me!” Remember, God has given you the authority to keep the devil where he belongs – under your feet.

Confession
I have dominion over sin, sickness and circumstances. I’m superior to satan, and I’ve overcome the world. I am seated together with Christ in the heavenly realms, far above all principality and power! I exercise the authority of Christ in and around my sphere of contact in Jesus’ Name!

Further Study
1 Peter 5:8-10
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Luke 10:18
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 1 Timothy 3
Reading plan Isaiah 54-56

2 Year Bible Hebrews 10:19-39
Reading Plan Ezekiel 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:45am On Oct 25, 2010
MONDAY, OCTOBER 25th
YOU’RE INDESTRUCTABLE
Being born, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever .(1 Peter 1:23)
Jesus said in Luke 8:11 that the word of God is a seed. That means you were born of God’s incorruptible seed when you were born again. The word “seed” is translated from the Greek word “sperma”. That’s where the English word “sperm” came from. So the opening scripture should actually read: “being born again, not of a corruptible sperm, but of incorruptible, by the sperm of God which liveth and abideth forever”.
Understand that when you are born again, you’re born of God’s sperm-His word. This is what makes you indestructible. The life in you is sickness, disease and death resistant. You have the very life of God, and that makes you supernatural. The same life that makes God who He is , now flows in your spirit soul and body. Your life is no longer dependent on the blood that flows through your physical body.
The blood of man is the life of his flesh (Leviticus 17:11). But when you become a child of God by being born again you become a new creation (2nd Corinthians 5:17); your blood ceases to be what sustains your life.
No wonder the bible says,”…as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God”(John 1:12-13). You’re born of God; you have the life of God in you. Therefore you cannot fail, you cannot be poor and you cannot be destroyed. The life in you is not susceptible to sickness, disease or infirmity.
Jesus said, “Behold, I give unto you power to thread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19). He’s letting you know that you’re indestructible. Nothing, absolutely nothing can hurt or destroy you when you’re conscious of who you are in Christ.
Confession
The indestructible life of God is in me, therefore, sickness, disease, lack and death can’t find place in my life. The life and nature of God in me makes me invisible and superhuman. I’m a product of God’s word!
Further study
1st John 5:4
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan….2nd Timothy 1/ Isaiah 64-66
2Year Bible Reading Plan….Hebrews 12:14-29/Ezekiel 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:37am On Oct 26, 2010
TUESDAY,OCTOBER 26th
MESSAGE BY: PASTOR CHRIS
MESSAGE TITLE: PRAY THAT THE WORD MAY HAVE FREE COURSE
So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed. (Acts 19:20)
In 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2, the apostle Paul asked for the saints to pray for him and other ministers with him that they may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men who were against faith and the preaching of the gospel: “finally my brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.”
He wanted the word of God to grow mightily and prevail among the gentiles; how we need to pray such prayers in our nation today!
When decrees and laws are enacted that are anti-Christian or against the preaching of the gospel, we must be aware that such things are done by unreasonable and wicked men who have found their way into power for their own selfish ends. But we can stop them in their tracks. As a matter of fact, God expects us to, because in the 3rd verse of 2 Thessalonians 3, we are given the assurance that we have his attention when we pray against such: “But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil.”
There’s so much power in the church, but we can’t discover the extent and potency of the power we possess with our mouth shut. For the power to be effective, we’re going to have to pray and declare what we want to see in our country. We’re not at the mercy of the evil machinations and the machinations of unreasonable and wicked men, irrespective of the position they occupy. We have the divine authority to cause a change. All that’s necessary is for one righteous man to or woman to be stirred enough to pray that the wicked acts, schemes, policies, and stratagems to frustrate God’s people and the preaching of the gospel in the country be brought to naught.
I challenge you today to be that righteous man or woman who will take a stand in prayer and not stop praying until the word of God grows mightily and prevails in our nation.

PRAYER Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making me a person of influence, affecting many lives with the gospel. My utmost desire today is to speak your word with power to everyone around me, so that as they witness the mighty demonstration of the Spirit, they’ll spread the news of your power to the ends of the earth, in Jesus name. Amen
FURTHER STUDY
Proverbs 16:12, Psalm 2:1-9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:27am On Oct 27, 2010
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH
PASTOR ANITA BE POLITE TO OTHERS
let your speech at all times be gracious(pleasant and winsome), a seasoned( as it were)with salt( so that you may never be at a loss) to know you ought to answer anyone( who puts a question to you) collossians 4:6 Amp

For many in our country, acting in a polite and civil manner, after being protracted for years of military rule is something to learn. Many are yet to learn the importance of the words please,excuse me and thank you in their communication with others. They are of the erroneous belief that being polite is a sign of weakness in one's character, but that's not true. Rather, being polite is something that reveals the strength of character.
In James 3:13-14, the bible says," who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out o a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not and lie not against the truth". In essence, when you use the right word to address others, you're actually displaying the wisdom of God that's in you. But bitterness in the heart of man will produce harsh words and abusive communication.
So, in relating with those around you, don't use bitter, harsh or abusive words. Let your words reflect the presence of the spirit of God that lives in you. Collossians 4:6 says,"Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conservation, not put them down or cut them out"(MSG). Let your words uplift, encourage, inspire, soothe and build. Don't allow communication that could inflict pain or stir strife or discord out of your lips.
See others with the eyes of God and address them that way. Be humble in your communication (james 4:6). Don't use hurtful words to address people and don't raise your voice against them. Be courteous, be respectful, and civil in your relationship with others.

Confessions
Dear Lord, i thank you for teaching me the importance of gracious communication that brings out the best in others! I reveal the excellence of the spirit of God in my character today and always by choosing to be polite to those around me, eshewing hurtful and uncivil language, in Jesus name. Amen

further study
Proverbs 15:1; Titus 3:2

daily scripture reading
1 Year Bible Plan 2nd Timothy 3/ Micah 4-5
2 Year Bible Plan James 1:1-27/ Ezekiel 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2010
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28th.
MESSAGE BY: PASTOR CHRIS
MESSAGE TITLE: YOU ARE CALLED TO LEAD

And don't let anyone put you down because you are young. Teach belivers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by intergrity. (1 Timothy 4:12 MSG).

The christians are the stewards of the message of Christ. We are the ones He has authorized to carry forth His message to the people and teach them the same. This means that the responsibility of leadership has been thrust upon us. Jesus has made us leaders; He's made us light to shine in our worlds and show others the way.
To be a leader, you don't necessarily have to be the head of an organization. Genesis 39:1-5 tells us about Joseph, who was a slave in the house of Potiphar, yet the bible says he was a prosperous and effective man. He exhibited leadership qualities which distinguished him from all the other slaves and soon enough, he was put in charge of Portiphar's own estate.
Your greatness isn't in the definition of your assignment, but in the quality of your spirit, the excellence of your character. Thus even as a janitor, cleaner or a manager in an organisation, you can be so exceptional, examplary and inspiring.
Make up your mind to be that one person that will excel in whatever he does. If you work for an organisation, let your colleagues learn from you as they see you do more than you're paid for. If you're a politician, set an example for other politicians and be forthright. No matter your vocation, let your proficiency be a testimony of the excellent spirit within you. As a parent, lay good examples for your children.
Wherever you go, let people see your mark as a child of God. You've being sent to lead, therefore be that worthy example! Teach those in your home, school, neighbourhood and workplace how to live and do things right through your words, character, love, faith and intergrity.

Prayer
Dear Father, i thank you for making me a testimony and an example to everyone in the world! Today, through your grace and ability at work in me, I function with such an outstanding proficiency that everyone around me is inspired for excellence; and i'm teaching them how to live and do things right through my words, actions, character,love,faith and intergity, in Jesus' name. Amen

FURTHER STUDY
Matthew 28:19
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Plan 2nd Timothy 4/ Micah 6-7
2Year Bible Reading Plan James 2:1-26/ Ezekiel 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2010
YOU'RE ABRAHAM'S SEED PASTOR CHRIS

And if Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.( Galatians 3:29)

Now that you're born again you're Abraham's seed and thus his inheritor of the Abrahamic blessings. I love the way the living Bible puts it,, " now that we are Christ's, we are the true decendants of Abraham, and all of God's promises to him belongs to us" ( Galatians 3:29). Your association with Christ has made you the real desendant of Abraham, and by extension the possessor of the blessings God conferred on him.

As the seed of Abraham, nothing is too good for you. You're blessed beyond measure. Failure, disease, lack and death are not consistent with your life anymore. It's impossible for you to fail or be poor in life, because as Abraham's seed, the works of your hands are blessed; you're ordained to succeed. Fruitfulness and productivity have become your birthright. This is your heritage as the seed of Abraham.

A lady once said, " I've being married for many years and have not been able to have children; the doctors said i'm barren. "No! not when you know that you're the seed of Abraham! Abraham's seed can be barren; it's impossible. Medical instruments may detect that the womb had been removed, but the Bible says , " there shall not be male or female barren among you, " (Deutronomy 7:14). For the seed of Abraham, anything is possible.

The bible tells us the story of a certain woman who was bent over for over 18years. Jesus saw her in her Synagogue and said, " Ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond, ( Luke 13:16)? He then tapped her on the back and said " Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity" (Luke 13:12). Immediately, she was healed. Why? Abraham's seed ought not be bound by sickness, disease or infirmity!

If you're reading this and you've being experiencing any form of sickness, disease or infirmity, recognise that you're Abraham's seed; hence, you ought not be bound by stroke, blindness, deafness, lameness, poverty or any other form of infirmity.
Prayer
Dear Father,I thank you for making me the inheritor of the blessings of Abraham through my association with Christ. I'm prospering and living in the manifestation of your infinite blessings because i'm Abraham's seed. I'm an heir according to the promise and a joint-heir with Jesus, i'm blessed in the city, I am blessed in the field, and in my going out and in my coming in! I am blessed to be a blessing!

FUTHHER STUDY
Galatians 3:13-16
Daily scripture reading
1yEAR bIBLE rEADING pLAN Philemon/ Zephaniah 1-3
2 Year Reading Plan James 5:1-20/ Ezekiel 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by SirJohn(m): 10:29am On Oct 31, 2010
Hello Mabel, I think you and Joagbaje should harmonize your works, he seems to be opening new threads with ROR topics which is exactly what you are doing in this thread.
just my innocent observation
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:48am On Nov 01, 2010
You Own This World – Monday November 1, 2010

You Own This World

And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29).

Many times, as I study and meditate on God’s Word I can’t but shout for joy. Look at the opening scripture again; it lets me know that I own this world, for according to the scriptures, God gave the whole world to Abraham and his seed. That seed is Christ; and if you belong to Christ, you’re Abraham’s seed and therefore an heir according to the promise.

Some people are fighting over states, cities, municipalities, etc., trying to gain influence and control; wanting to be a Senator, Mayor, Governor, or even the President. There’s nothing wrong with that, but for me, I own everything; I own the whole world. If anybody doesn’t agree with it, it makes no difference; I have proof! My proof is the Word of God. If there’s anyone to tell who truly owns this world it ought to be God, for He made the world. And He has said in 1 Corinthians 3:21-22. “…For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours.”

So as a child of God, it’s not a mere boast but absolute reality when you say “I own this world; all things are mine!” Let this be your mentality and your talk. You say “Father, I thank you today, because the whole world is mine!” Now, if the world is yours, that means you should never be lack-conscious, since you’re and heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ. That means everything the Father owns, belongs to Christ and therefore to you. In Psalm 50:12, God said “…the world is mine, and the fullness thereof…” As God’s heir, and a joint-heir with Christ, the whole world is yours, and the fullness thereof.

Let it become your present-hour way of thinking that you won this world. There’s a legal document to that effect – God’s Word. So it doesn’t matter who challenges you or thinks you’re nuts for making such a bold declaration; it doesn’t change anything! You still own this world. So walk tall; square up; chest out; chin out; talk big; for you own this world.

Confession
I belong to Christ; therefore I’m Abraham’s seed and an heir according to the promise! I believe and therefore declare the word in faith that all things are mine! I refuse to be broke or lack-conscious because I’ve been brought into the place of my inheritance.

Further Study
2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Galatians 4:7
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 1
Reading plan Jeremiah 1-2

2 Year Bible 1 Peter 1:1-12
Reading Plan Ezekiel 32-33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2010
Subject: Take Advantage Of Prayer Times – Tuesday November 2, 2010

Take Advantage Of Prayer Times

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint (Luke 18:1).

Prayer is a privilege as well as a right given to us to approach the Father in faith and through His Word, and by the Holy Ghost. The Father always wants us to take advantage of the opportunity and privilege of prayer. When Jesus said men ought always to pray and not give up, He was looking at the connection that we have with the Father; a connection that builds our faith through constant communication.

As we commune with the Lord in prayer, and He talks back to us, our faith is built strong, for faith comes by hearing from God – hearing His Word in your spirit. Thus through fellowship, you hear the Word, for the Father always speaks; He’s always in communication with your spirit sharing His thoughts with you. So at times of prayer, your spirit is fine-tuned to hear and receive from the Lord.

Our spirituality depends so much on our communication with the Lord; when we take time off everything else and give Him our attention. This is why you must take advantage of prayer times. Take your personal times of prayer and the times of corporate prayer in your local Church very seriously. It’s so important that you do this. The Apostles in the early Church took this seriously. They had designated times of prayer; “Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour” (Acts 3:1).

It’s amazing what prayer has done for me over the years; it has changed my life immensely. That’s why I love to pray, and I’m calling on you to do the same. Lately, we’ve been on twitter, observing intense moments of prayer for just fifteen minutes. It’s been simply remarkable the testimonies received from thousands around the world who are following us on twitter.

We’ve experienced awesome moments of divine ecstasy, reveling in heavenly bliss and in the transportation of the Spirit as we pray. If you’re not yet following us on twitter, you need to log on to http://www.facebook.com/l/7bce5zurueU58Q5doLQ2EtORyPw;www.twitter.com/pastorchrislive and click ‘follow’ to be a part of this corporate unction. It’s a special network of prayer partners. Besides guiding you in prayer at specific times, you’ll also be blessed by special words of prophecy, and receive divine insight into the realm of the Spirit that’ll stir up faith in your heart.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, how I love you today! I worship you and praise your majesty, acknowledging grace and glory in my life. Thank you for your Word that’s at work in me. I declare that the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, is with me today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Acts 3:1
Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 2
Reading plan Jeremiah 3-4

2 Year Bible 1 Peter 1:13-25
Reading Plan Ezekiel 34

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2010
Subject: An Inseparable Oneness – Wednesday November 3, 2010

An Inseparable Oneness

…Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me (John 17:20-21).

This prayer of Jesus above is fulfilled in us today – the new creation in Christ – we’ve become one with divinity. The Bible says “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body…” (1 Corinthians 12:13). Then, 1 Corinthians 6:17 tells us that “he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.” We’ve been brought into oneness with divinity; it’s an inseparable union. We’re in Him, and He is in us. This is the reason we can enjoy rich fellowship with Him.

Now that you’re born again, not only is your spirit recreated, you’ve been immersed into Christ; you’ve become one with the Lord! You’ve been literally joined together with Him as one indivisible entity! The Bible says, “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit” (1 Corinthians 12;13). You’ve been made to drink into one Spirit; you’ve become inter-mingled with the Spirit of God as one divine creation.

2 Corinthians 13:14 says, “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.” The Spirit of God has brought us into fellowship – a communion, a drinking together, a union with Him. We’ve come into a place of relationship; a oneness of spirit! And you ought to enjoy that fellowship everyday; it’s not something you go into and come out of, for you’re in Him, and He’s in you.

The Bible says… “if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation…” (2 Corinthians 5:17); we came into Christ by the new birth. So we’re in Christ now. Then also Colossians 1:27 says “…Christ in you, the hope of glory.” So just like Jesus, when He said I am in the Father, and the Father is in me (John 14:11), now you’re in Him, and He is in you. No wonder He says, greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! The consciousness of this truth in your spirit will wipe away all fears, failure and the defeat mentality from your life.

Prayer
Dear Father, my heart is filled with joy unspeakable to know that I’ve been brought into an inseparable union with you! I thank you for your abundant grace, your immense love, and the rich fellowship of your Spirit that I enjoy today, and every day, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
1 John 1:3
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 3
Reading plan Jeremiah 5-6

2 Year Bible 1 Peter 2:1-12
Reading Plan Ezekiel 35

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2010
Be A Good Soldier In God’s Army

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:3).

When you gave your life to Christ, you enrolled as a soldier in God’s army and you were put in uniform from that hour. The Bible says, “No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs – he wants to please his commanding officer” (2 Timothy 2:4 NIV). Christianity is a call to the life of spiritual discipline. You don’t own yourself anymore. A good soldier’s allegiance is pledged to pleasing his commanding officer, in defending the territorial integrity and sovereignty of his home country.

In the same way, your primary focus should be to please the Lord and do whatever He wants you to do, when He wants you to do it, how He wants you to do it. It’s no longer a case of doing “what you feel like doing,” or “what feels right with you”; it’s about living for the Master; obeying His instructions, for He is the Commanding Officer.

Don’t forget, the army is a place of discipline and toughness, where excuses are not tolerated. A soldier in service doesn’t do what civilians do. He operates a regimented lifestyle. He’s always at the disposal of his commanding officer. When it’s time for war, no excuses; off he goes. Having enlisted in God’s army, you can’t make excuses anymore for missing Church services, for example. Prayer must be an integral part of your daily routine, and soul winning should be your lifestyle.

You’re in active service for the Lord, a soldier on duty. Therefore don’t get encumbered with the transient and trivial affairs of life. Concentrate on doing the Master’s will and pleasing Him. Let others be challenged by your faith and godly lifestyle. Keep your uniform on and stand firm in faith, as a good soldier in God’s army.

Confession
I’m a good soldier in the Lord’s army, in active service and on duty today doing the Lord’s will! I remain focused and alert with my feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, standing firm in faith, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Further Study
2 Timothy 2:3-4
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Ephesians 6:13-17
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:50am On Nov 07, 2010
Subject: The Maximum Load Of God – Sunday November 7, 2010

The Maximum Load Of God

For it pleased the Father that in him (Christ Jesus) should all fulness dwell (Colossians 1:19).

The word fullness used above is the Greek “pleroma,” and it means the maximum, total or complete content of a vessel! It means everything that ought to be in the vessel is present in its completeness and full measure; a complete content in its maximum requirement. Thus, the vessel is filled with the maximum load of everything that should be in it. You can have a maximum load but not everything. In other words, you’ve carried more of certain things than others that you should have had in the vessel. But “pleroma” means everything that is required in its maximum capacity and entirety.

God’s desire is for us to be filled with His maximum load. He said “that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God” (Ephesians 3:19). Talking about the Lord Jesus, Colossians 1:19 says “…For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulnes dwell.” It pleased the Father that in Jesus, should all “pleroma” dwell – the maximum load of God. In other words, when you saw Jesus, you saw the totality of Deity. That means everything the Father is and has is in Jesus; everything the Holy Spirit is and has is in Jesus. He is the expression of the totality of divinity, the effulgence of the Father’s glory; the express image of His person.

No wonder Jesus had the boldness to say “He that has seen me, has seen the Father” (John 14:9). He also said “I am in the Father and the Father is in me…” (John 14:11); then in John 10:30 He said “I and my Father are one.” Now, the beauty of it all is that when we look at Jesus, we see and know who we are, for as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). Thus, as Jesus is – the expression of totality of divinity, the effulgence of the Father’s glory, and express image of His person – filled with all the “pleroma” of God, so are we. You’re filled with the maximum load of God! There’s nothing gracious, glorious and divine that should be in you that’s not already in you.

No wonder the Bible says “And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power” (Colossians 2:10). You’ve become a God-carrier. Everywhere you go, God goes, because you carry the maximum load of God. Everything you require in life is within you, because He lives in you. No matter what you want, be it healing, strength, and prosperity – everything that’s necessary for a good, sound and prosperous life – is inside you: “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” (2 Peter 1:3).

Confession
I’m filled with the fullness of God, loaded with all power, glory, might and grace of divinity! I’m an associate of the God-kind, with the totality of divinity tabernacled in my spirit and uniquely expressed through me today!

Further Study
Colossians 2:8-10
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 7
Reading plan Jeremiah 13-14

2 Year Bible 1 Peter 4:1-19
Reading Plan Ezekiel 39

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2010
Nice work keep it up
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2010
Pray With The Spirit!

What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also (1 Corinthians 14:15).

God is a Spirit, and to relate with Him you’ve got to do so from your spirit. The Bible says they that worship God, must worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:23). You know sometimes, we tell people “relate to God from your spirit” and they don’t know what to do. They wonder, “Do I raise my hands?” “Do I leap?” “Do I just stay still?” Paul said, “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful” (1 Corinthians 14:14). So when you pray in tongues, it’s your spirit that’s praying; you’re communing or relating with the Lord as it were, from your spirit.

Praying from your spirit or with your spirit lights up and opens up your spirit to hear and receive from God. Notice what we read in our opening scripture: “What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also.” He didn’t say “I will pray with the understanding, and I will pray with the spirit also.” Praying with the spirit takes the preeminence. One reason a lot of God’s people aren’t growing spiritually as they should is that they pray more with their understanding – from their natural minds – than they pray with the spirit. You can’t grow effectively as a Christian that way.

The Bible says “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost” (Jude 1:20). Praying with the spirit, or praying by the power of the Holy Spirit is more important than all the most intelligent words you could ever utter to God in your understanding. That’s why it’s so important that you learn to pray lavishly and fervently with the spirit, in other tongues.

This is the kind of praying that improves you; it causes you to be built up from within like an edifice, and gets you charged with divine firepower. Paul said, “I thank my God, I speak with tongues more that ye all” (1 Corinthians 14:18). That lets you know the premium he placed on praying with the spirit. Little wonder therefore that he recorded such phenomenal successes and victories both in his personal life and ministry to others.

Prayer
Dear Father, I declare that I’m strengthened through the ministry of your Spirit in my life! Your glory and eternal purposes are revealed to me as I pray in tongues today. My spirit is open to receive from you, and I thank you for leading me as a shepherd through the Word, into the greener pastures of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:4
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 8
Reading plan Jeremiah 15-16

2 Year Bible 1 Peter 5:1-14
Reading Plan Ezekiel 40

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2010
Subject: Do Something! – Tuesday November 9, 2010

Do Something!

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth (Ephesians 4:28).

As a child of God, the Bible says whatsoever you do shall prosper (Psalm 1:3). Never be idle. Refuse to be jobless. If you don’t have a job, make one. Find something you’re good at; something that’s good for God and good for people, and start doing it. Refuse to let your mind go to sleep. Don’t loaf about like a hobo. Look inwards for creative ideas.

Someone may say, “I’ve searched for jobs everywhere, for ten years, to no avail; I’m getting frustrated.” My question to you is ‘What can you do?’ There must be something you’re good at, find it and do it. Pastor Chris teaches that the first requirement for success is looking out for a human need, and then reaching out to meet that need. So don’t wait until someone gives you a job, make one! Before long, if you’re diligent, what you started will grow and you’ll be employing others.

Stop waiting; do something. Take a step of faith. When Jesus ministered to the sick, He always had them do something. He made them take a step of faith. To the fellow who was paralyzed and couldn’t walk He said “get up, take your bed and go home” (Mark 2:11). To the man who couldn’t stretch forth his hand, He said “Stretch forth thine hand”; and when he did, his withered arm received strength and was restored (Mark 3:5).

So you see that God requires an effort on your part; He needs a point of contact for your miracle. Once you put in an effort, especially into that which He has inspired you to do, His miracle-power comes upon your efforts and His glory is revealed in what you do. The effort you put in becomes strengthened by His mighty hand. That’s what’s important – when God’s touch comes upon your life, and His glory is revealed in what you do.

How did Joseph, a prisoner, end up as the Prime Minister of Egypt, next only to the Pharaoh? He did something. He used his gift to serve others and God promoted him, and Joseph became the Prime Minister of Egypt. Search yourself; dig deep within you and discover the treasure and talents that you have. Put them to work, and the anointing of the Lord will cause them to produce and multiply.

Confession
I refuse to let my mind go to sleep! I’m bringing forth good things today from within me! For I have treasures in me with which to bless my world. Lord I thank you for opening my eyes to know what I can do to impact my world for you. Amen.

Further Study
Exodus 18:20
And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.

2 Thessalonians 3:10-12
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 9:1-10
Reading plan Jeremiah 17-18

2 Year Bible 2 Peter 1:1-12
Reading Plan Ezekiel 41
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:04am On Nov 10, 2010
Subject: Your Name Is “The Glory Of God!” – Wednesday November 10, 2010

Your Name Is “The Glory Of God!”

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him (Ephesians 1:17).

The Bible calls our heavenly Father “the Father of glory.” Now, if He is the Father of glory, and He’s your Father, then who are you? You may say “That means I’m the son of glory.” No, no, no …a thousand times no! If your name is John, and someone called your father ‘The father of John,’ it’s because your name is John. Consequently, if God is the Father of glory, then you are glory; not the son of glory. This is wonderful; just the thought of it!

The Bible says Jesus Christ is the effulgence of the Father’s glory; the express image of His Person (Hebrews 1:3). And that’s exactly what He’s made us – the effulgence of His glory, for as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). Your name is glory. You were born to be the glory of God. As Jesus is – the glory of the Father – so are you now the glory of the Father; for He has made you like Himself: “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one” (John 17:22).

I would to God you’d understand this and make it your daily confession! Every now and again say, “Father I thank you, I am the glory of God, and I express who I am today.” That’s your calling: to express the glory of God. The Bible says “Christ in you the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).

2 Corinthians 3:18 explains that as we look at the glory of God in a mirror, we are metamorphosed; we are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. What does this mean? What does a mirror do? It reflects whatever is set before it. If you were standing in front of a mirror you’d see your own reflection. The Word of God is that mirror.

God is saying to you today, “You’re my glory; that reflection; that glory that you see when you look into the mirror – the Word – is who you really are!” You name is “the glory of God!” So go ahead right now and call yourself by that name! Say “I am the glory of God, and every step I take today is the step of glory. The glory of God will always be manifested in my life.” Think and talk like this every day; and your life will be that ever increasing glory.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for bringing me into the life of ever increasing glory. I declare that everywhere I go, your glory is revealed and manifested through me, for I’m not just a carrier of your glory, but your glory personified. I walk in this consciousness today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Isaiah 55:5
Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 9:11-28
Reading plan Jeremiah 19-22

2 Year Bible 2 Peter 1:13-21
Reading Plan Ezekiel 42
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by babyme1(f): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2010
Nice work sister. Surely, the word works. Bless you
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:07am On Nov 11, 2010
Subject: Yield Yourself To The Ministry Of The Word! – Thursday November 11, 2010

Yield Yourself To The Ministry Of The Word!

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

The Word of God has a ministry in our lives, and it’s important that we recognize this and yield ourselves to it. More than ever before, especially in these last days, we should crave the Word with rapacious appetite. The reason for this is that your promotion, success, health, increase and greatness in life are all in the Word. Therefore yield to the ministry of the Word today; open your heart and mind to receive God’s Word and meditate on it like never before.

Our opening scripture admonishes that you meditate on the Word and give yourself wholly – completely – to the ministry of the Word! Yield to it. Let the Word have power in your life. When you hear the Word, yield yourself to it. What is it to yield? It means not to resist or contend; to submit, succumb, give way to or under; to give place or precedence to something or someone.

For example, imagine that someone said to you “Stand up,” without him carrying you up. All you heard was a voice. You can decide whether or not to get up. If you don’t get up, you’ve resisted the instruction. But when you choose to get up, you’ve yielded yourself; you’ve succumbed, submitted or given place and precedence to that instruction. And because you’ve yielded to the instruction you’ll then enjoy the benefits of that instruction.

So when God says “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all,” He means your furtherance, progress, advancement and prosperity will appear unto all as you yield to the Word. The Greek word translated “appear” above is “phaneros” and it means to spread abroad. Thus your advancement, furtherance, progress and prosperity will spread abroad, and become widely and openly known as you yield yourself to the Word. This is very important.

If you’ll yield yourself – submit, give way, precedence and preeminence to God’s Word in your life, the Word will propel your advancement. Everyone will see that you’re making tremendous progress in every area of your life. It’s the ministry of the Word to make this happen for you.

Confession
Dear Lord and Father, your Word is my light and my life! It’s the nourishment for my spirit, food for my soul and health to my body! I live by your Word today, and declare its mighty power at work in me as I meditate on it today and observe to do what it says. Amen

Further Study
Isaiah 55:10-11
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 10:1-18
Reading plan Jeremiah 23-25

2 Year Bible 2 Peter 2:1-22
Reading Plan Ezekiel 43

-------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mystikal(m): 3:11am On Nov 16, 2010
Gr8 work. The word is light, and it is profitable for all things.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2010
Subject: Love Without Limits – Wednesday November 17, 2010

Love Without Limits

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3:17-19).

Here, the Apostle Paul, through the Spirit lets us know how important it is for us to comprehend the immensity of God’s love; His boundless love, which can only be grasped by revelation. Thus, he prayed that by the help of God’s Spirit, God’s people would comprehend the limitless dimensions of the Father’s love: its length, and depth, and height.

Paul wasn’t just referring to having a mental knowledge or understanding of God’s love when he used the word “comprehend” in the scripture above. Rather he used the Greek word “katalambano” which means to understand something and make it yours; to make it your present reality! Scientific knowledge of human mental activity can’t grasp the love of Christ. That’s why the Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul, prays that you’ll be able to comprehend the boundless, immeasurable and unconditional love the Father has towards you. It’s love without limits.

God loves you! As simple as this truth may sound, if you dare believe it, and let it sink deep into your consciousness, it will change your life forever and give you a new confidence. God’s love is the greatest power in the universe. No wonder the Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul prayed “…that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3:17-19).

Get secured in the Father’s love; take advantage of the fact that He loves you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). He loves you as though you were the only one on earth! Thus every morning when you wake up, say, “Thank you Lord, for loving me so much, without limits!”

Prayer
Christ dwells in my heart by faith; and I, being rooted and grounded in love, comprehend with all saints the boundless love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that I may be filled with all the fullness of God! Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 2:4-5
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Hebrews 13
Reading plan Jeremiah 36-37

2 Year Bible 1 John 3:13-24
Reading Plan Daniel 1-2

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:28am On Nov 18, 2010
Subject: Jesus Knows Where The Fishes Are! – Thursday November 18, 2010

Jesus Knows Where The Fishes Are! – Thursday November 18, 2010

And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, And saw two ships standing by the lake… And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship. (Luke 5: 1-3).
The Bible gives us the account of how at the lake of Gennesaret, a great number of people thronged Jesus to hear Him preach and teach God’s Word. There was hardly any standing space because they were too many. So Jesus asked Peter for the use of his boat, that he may teach the people from inside it. Peter and his colleagues had been out fishing all through the night and couldn’t catch any fish.
But when Jesus was through preaching from Peter’s boat, He turned to him and said, “Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake. And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink” (Luke 5:4-7).
Peter was a professional fisherman, hence he knew all the intricacies of the profession. Based on his experience, he knew it was naturally impossible for there to be fishes in the area Jesus asked him to cast his net. They had searched all night for fish in that area and troubled the waters so much that if there were fishes there at all, they would all have escaped. But Peter made a remarkable statement; he said “nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.” In other words, “Master, even though I’ve toiled all night and caught nothing, I’ll cast my net because you said so.”
Then he threw in his net, tried to pull it by himself and he couldn’t believe what had happened. The net was too heavy to pull out. He got his friends to help him, and they pulled it out and it was the catch of their life. Jesus knows where the fishes are, the same way He knows where that money that you need is. All you need do is trust His Word. Follow His Word. Do what the Word says, and you’re in for a miracle.
It reminds of the words of Mary in John 2:5, when Jesus was to turn water into wine, she said to the servants, “Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.” That’s it. Have faith in God’s Word and be quick to do what it says, for the miracle you need is in His Word.
Prayer
Dear Lord, I rejoice at your Word to me today, knowing that my blessing is in doing what it says! Therefore my profiting is evident, and my miracle is inevitable as I put your Word to work today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 2:1-5
And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible James 1
Reading plan Jeremiah 38-40

2 Year Bible 1 John 4:1-14
Reading Plan Daniel 3-4

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2010
Subject: The Holy Spirit – Your Eternal Comforter – Wednesday November 24, 2010

The Holy Spirit – Your Eternal Comforter

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth… (John 14:16-17).

Someone once asked me, “Pastor, how do I make the Holy Spirit come back to me if He ever leaves?” My instant response was, “The Holy Spirit will never leave you; He’s come to abide with you forever!” He’s our eternal comforter. The work of the Holy Spirit in your life is far too important for Him to just have temporary residence in your heart. He’s come to abide with you forever so as to ensure you carry out God’s will for your life. He’s the One who enables you with His power to become an effective witness for Jesus Christ.

When Jesus told His disciples “…lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world” (Matthew 28:20), He knew He had only a short time to physically remain with them. In fact, not long after He made that statement, He ascended to heaven. But He had prayed that the Father would send another Comforter just like Him to abide with His people forever. That Comforter is the Holy Spirit; He’s the one who brings us the presence of Jesus today.

The Bible says in Ephesians 1:13-14, “…in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory” The Holy Spirit is the earnest – the deposit or down payment – of the purchased possession. This means therefore that as the down-payment, He’ll remain with us until the completion or final consummation of eternal salvation! He’s with us until all that God planned in Christ is brought to complete fruition; that’s at the end of the age.

The Holy Spirit will never leave a man except the one that’s gone into apostasy; the one that has completely rejected Jesus Christ as His Lord and Saviour. As long as you’re a Christian, you haven’t rejected Jesus Christ; therefore the Holy Spirit will not leave you. It’s His ministry to help, guide, counsel, strengthen and comfort you till Jesus comes.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to abide with me forever. I take advantage of His ministry today and reign in life as a champion through Him, today and always, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 1 Peter 3
Reading plan Lamentations 1-2

2 Year Bible Jude 1:12-25
Reading Plan Hosea 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2010
Subject: Absolute Victory In Christ! – Friday October 15, 2010

Absolute Victory In Christ!

And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; (Luke 1:69-71).

One beautiful thing about the salvation we have in Christ is that we have absolute victory over the enemy and can serve God without fear. We’ve been delivered from the powers of darkness and translated into the glorious Kingdom of God’s dear Son, who leads us in the paths of righteousness and in the triumphal excursions of life. Thus in Christ, your life is a victory parade. It doesn’t matter who stands against you or makes a decree against you; it doesn’t matter what they say about you or against you, you have absolute victory in Christ.

The latter part of our opening scripture says “That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us.” This is God’s decree concerning you and it came into force with the coming of the Lord. It means whoever declares himself your enemy; whoever may hate you, or plan evil against you, will never be able to overpower you, for Christ is your victory. Therefore never be bothered about adversaries. You don’t even have to pray against them, for the Bible says “When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell” (Psalm 27:2).

Notice the scripture above didn’t say, pray against the wicked or your enemies from coming against you; they are free to come against you. But their end has been determined: they’ll stumble and fall. There’re Christians who sometimes allow themselves to be overwhelmed by the perceived activities of some imaginary enemies. I would to God they’d learn to take the Lord simply at His Word! He says in Luke 10:19 “and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” There’s absolutely no justification for a Christian to live or respond to any circumstance out of fear. Refuse to be afraid of anything or anyone.

Your victory in Christ over satan and the powers of darkness is absolute. Luke 10:19 says “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Let this inspire faith in you today, as you meditate on the victory Jesus obtained for you through His death, burial and resurrection.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I give you thanks for your Word has given me understanding and knowledge of my victory in Christ Jesus over satan and the powers of darkness. I’m so glad I can live to serve you free from fear of the devil and the wickedness in this world! I go out today knowing that no evil shall befall me and I’m delivered from wicked and unreasonable men, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Colossians 1:12-13
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 1 Thessalonians 4
Reading plan Isaiah 40-41

2 Year Bible Hebrews 6:11-2-
Reading Plan Ezekiel 8-9

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2010
Subject: Acknowledge The Spirit Of Wisdom – Saturday November 27, 2010

Acknowledge The Spirit Of Wisdom

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD (Isaiah 11:2).

Our opening scripture tells us about the seven Spirits of God – the seven independent manifestations of the Spirit of God, and one of them is the Spirit of wisdom. Incidentally, that’s the one many Christians aren’t quite acquainted with. Some, like Samson, only experience the manifestation of the Spirit of might, but lack wisdom. So, when things aren’t working right for them, they ask “why?” Its because they ignored the Spirit of wisdom.

But thanks be unto God, Christ has been made unto us wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30), so you shouldn’t lack wisdom. What you need to do today is acknowledge that you have the wisdom of God functioning in you. The Bible says “That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus” (Philemon 1:6). Christ has brought the Spirit of wisdom into your life; therefore every day, declare that you have wisdom! Every once in a while, as you go about your endeavours, say ‘The wisdom of God is in my heart and in my mouth, therefore my choices, actions and words are in sync with God’s plan for my life today!”

When you acknowledge wisdom, wisdom will promote you and change everything about you. You’ll have divine insight into mysteries and secrets, and be able to deal circumspectly in the affairs of life, knowing the right steps to take in everything you do.

Ephesians 1:7-8 says the Lord has gloriously lavished on us grace together with all wisdom. Often times we hear people say, “God’s grace did this and that for me,” in the same way, we ought to also be quick to acknowledge the work of wisdom in our lives. When you do, the Spirit of wisdom will promote you and bring more beauty into your life.

Confession
The wisdom of God is at work in me, guiding me and showing me the way to go. Christ has been made wisdom unto me; therefore, I conduct all my affairs with prudence and discretion. I have insight into mysteries and secrets, and hidden things are revealed unto me by the Spirit of wisdom!

Further Study
Ephesians 1:17-18
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Proverbs 8:14-21
Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 2 Peter 1
Reading plan Ezekiel 3-4

2 Year Bible Revelation 2:13-29
Reading Plan Hosea 9-10

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2010
Subject: God’s Unconditional Love For You – Thursday December 9, 2010 – Pastor Anita

God’s Unconditional Love For You

But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him. Now that we are set right with God by means of this sacrificial death, the consummate blood sacrifice, there is no longer a question of being at odds with God in any way (Romans 5:8-9 MSG).

God’s love for you is unconditional, eternal and perfect. He’s not going to love you more when you get to heaven than He already does today. The Bible says “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:cool. Consequently, there’s nothing you could do today, having been born again, that’ll make God love you more or less, for His love for you is perfect, and you can’t improve on perfect.

Why I’m sharing this with you today? It’s so you can have faith and confidence in the Father’s unconditional love for you. He didn’t love you because you were so holy and never did anything wrong; He loves you because that’s His nature! As Pastor Chris often says, “He cannot “not” love you!” When you’re conscious and confident of the Father’s love for you, your faith will be more productive, for faith works by love (Galatians 5:6). More so, there’s no fear in love, for perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18).

When some Christians make mistakes they find it difficult to accept that God would forgive them. So even after asking for His forgiveness, out of ignorance, they think God still holds their sin against them, and as a result, some have lost faith and have stopped going to church altogether. If you’re in such a situation you need to understand who God is; He is not a man, and He doesn’t count your sins against you because He loves you unconditionally.

Think about it: If God so loved you while you were yet a sinner, and sent Jesus to die for you, how much more will He shower His love on you now that you’ve received abundance of grace, and His wonderful gift of righteousness (Romans 5:17). Therefore, instead of wishing the world would come to an end because you did something wrong, just receive His forgiveness and continue in your journey of faith! 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all righteousness.”

You need to understand how God deals with His children when they make mistakes. A man might impose strict penalties on an offender, but God totally blots out all the records of your wrongs when you receive His forgiveness (Isaiah 1:18). He holds nothing against you. In fact, to Him, you never did anything wrong; you’re as perfect as Jesus is because your righteousness is the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Prayer
Precious Father, how you have loved me unconditionally! I trust in your love and walk in the light of it today as you’re in the light. Hence, I know there’s therefore now no condemnation for me! I belong to you forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 2:1-17
Reading plan Ezekiel 31-32

2 Year Bible Revelation 10:1-11
Reading Plan Jonah 1-2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.