Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249878 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2010
Words Of Power

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams (Acts 2:17).

The Prophet Joel in the Old Testament foretold what would happen in the lives of God’s people when they receive the Holy Spirit: they’ll prophesy; meaning they’ll speak words of power. In other words, what they say will come to pass. When you’re filled with the Holy Spirit, your words cease to be words of men; they become anointed with power.

When the Spirit of God is working in you and you’re overflowing with His fullness, you won’t need to try to muster boldness to say or do things. Whenever you open your mouth to speak, you’ll speak words that are divinely inspired, not idle or inoperative words.

No wonder the Lord Jesus, in Mark 11:23 said you shall have what you say. That’s because the words you speak as one who’s born again are words of power. Therefore, take time to prophecy about your day; use your tongue to order the circumstances of your life aright; speak words of power everyday.

As you speak or confess God’s Word, the anointing of God’s Spirit wells up strongly within you and the words you speak go forth as the sword of the Spirit.

Confession
My words are anointed with power because I’m filled with the Holy Spirit! The rhema of God that changes things is in my heart and in my mouth today, and in the Name of Jesus, I declare that I’m walking in divine health, increase, progress and prosperity. Amen,

Further Study
Job 22:28
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

1 Samuel 10:5-6
After that thou shalt come to the hill of God, where is the garrison of the Philistines: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy:
6And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:42pm On May 04, 2010
Subject: Drive The Word Into Your Spirit Through Meditation – Tuesday May 4, 2010

Drive The Word Into Your Spirit Through Meditation

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night…for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then shalt have good success (Joshua 1:cool.

For the Word of God to produce results for you and in you, you’d have to meditate on it. Through meditation, you drive the Word deep into your spirit. The Hebrew word translated ‘meditate’ in the scripture above is “Hagah” and it means “to ruminate,” “to mutter,” ‘to speak of something under your voice”; “to say something to yourself over and over again.”

Thus in meditating on the Word, you ruminate over a Scripture, ponder upon it, and mutter it to yourself continuously. God wants you to meditate on the Word this way because He knows that as you do, it will get into your spirit and become personal to you.

For example, everything around you may look dark and hopeless, and then the devil tells you, “You’re poor, you don’t have anything and you’re not going to have anything.” Now, you already know the scripture that says, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19), and you’ve been quoting it, but nothing has changed. However, this time, you think it over, ponder over it, saying it to yourself again and again, until it starts bubbling inside you.

The devil may try to stop you, but refuse to yield; just keep saying: “My God shall supply all my need; therefore there’s no lack in my life! I can never be poor; I can never be broke, because I’m the heir of the Monarch of the universe; I have access to inexhaustible and inestimable wealth!” At this point, something is happening to your spirit; you’re driving the Word deep into your spirit.

It’s important that you purposely drive the Word into your spirit through meditating like this, for that’s the receptacle system for the Word. When the Word gets into your spirit, it mixes with faith and suddenly, the challenges that hitherto looked insurmountable become bread for you.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, my spirit is open today to receive the Word of your grace that heals, transforms, renews, strengthens and changes hopeless situations, as I spend time with you in fellowship and meditation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Luke 1:37 RSV
For with God nothing will be impossible.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:57am On May 05, 2010
Subject: The Symbol Of God’s Blessing – Wednesday May 5, 2010

The Symbol Of God’s Blessing

And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand. And Joseph found grace in his sight, and served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand (Genesis 39:3-4).

God has called and chosen you for a purpose, and that is to show forth through you His manifold wisdom and demonstrate His excellence to your world. It’s His purpose and desire to prove His extraordinary greatness in your life. He told Israel, “You’ll be the head and not the tail; you’ll be above and not beneath” (Deuteronomy 28:13).

Now, being the head doesn’t necessarily mean becoming the managing director of an organization. Look at Joseph; he went into Potiphar’s house as a slave, but the Bible says he was a prosperous man. When Potiphar recognized that the Lord was with Joseph and that all he did prospered, he put him in charge of his entire household and everything he had, and God blessed him for Joseph’s sake (Genesis 39:1-5).

It was the same story with Jacob. At the time he worked for Laban, his uncle, Laban acknowledged and said: “…I have learned by experience that the Lord hath blessed me for thy sake” (Genesis 30:27). Laban noticed that the reason his business had become blessed was because of Jacob. How beautiful this is! Can the same be said of you? Of course! This is the life God called you into – not only to be blessed, but also to be a blessing.

Make up your mind to live up to your calling. You’re the symbol of God’s blessings wherever you are, for you’re the carrier of His presence and His grace. Let others take notice that because of you, favour has come to them; expansion has come to their business, and progress to the entire city. Praise God!

Confession
Dear Father, I thank you for blessing me and making me a blessing. I’m a carrier and distributor of your blessing and grace to my world. Through me, you show forth your manifold wisdom and demonstrate your excellent greatness. My family, workplace, neighbourhood, city, and nation are all blessed for my sake, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Genesis 12:2
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

1 Peter 3:9
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:41am On May 06, 2010
Subject: It Starts From Within – Thursday May 6, 2010

It Starts From Within

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:24).

The word “receive” as used above is the Greek: lambano; and it means to seize or take hold of something and make it yours. This kind of receiving is done first from within, that is, from your spirit. That’s because faith is from your spirit, and if you must change anything in your situation or circumstance, the change must begin first from within.

The Bible declares in Romans 10:10 that “…with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” If you need a miracle, or want to see a change in a particular situation, you must believe and receive it first from within. In other words, you must see the invisible first.

I remember when, as a little girl, our younger daughter was diagnosed with a paralytic condition. My husband and I refused to accept it; instead, we chose to see the invisible. We listened to faith building messages everyday; and when our faith was stirred, we got up and paced the floor, declaring, “We refuse to fear, in the Name of Jesus. Our daughter is walking, in the Name of Jesus!” we prayed, laid hands on her limbs, and spoke God’s Word to her body day and night, like this, month after month. Guess what? She was healed, and today she’s a walking miracle!

But back then, even when she couldn’t walk, we refused to see or call her anything but healthy and strong. We saw her walking first from within. You must see that change or miracle you desire first in your spirit. If you’ve been sick, you’ve got to picture yourself healed and doing all what you couldn’t do hitherto. Take hold of your healing from your spirit and then declare it by faith in the Name of Jesus. You can do this for just about any situation in which you want to see a change. It’s a principle given to us in God’s Word and it works every time.

Confession
My spirit is flooded with the light of God’s Word, and I see and apprehend what belongs to me by faith. Therefore, I declare that I live in divine health and prosperity; I enjoy success and victory every day, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord!

Further Study
Ephesians 1:17 AMP
[For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him,

2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 3:1-21
Reading plan 2 Samuel 22

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 6:1-11
Reading Plan Proverbs 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:10am On May 07, 2010
Subject: The Translational Power Of The Spirit! - Friday May 7, 2010

The Translational Power Of The Spirit!

…Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God (Hebrews 11:5).

Like Enoch, you can walk with the Spirit of God with such translational power that you won’t see death, which is not just the cessation of biological life, but also sickness, defeat, destruction, failure, stagnation and retrogression.

This translational power refers to the transportation of the Holy Spirit that puts you in a place of advantage. Jeremiah 17:8 aptly describes the one who has been so transported by the Spirit: “…he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.” This means the problems that destroy other people can’t get a hold of him, because he’s always transported above them by the Holy Spirit to a place of fruitfulness and abundance.

Paul prayed for the Church and said: “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen” (2 Corinthians 13:14). “Communion” here is translated from the Greek word “koinonia,” which also means “fellowship,” “union,” “partnership” “companionship” and communication;” a root of transportation. It implies that you can experience the Spirit’s transportation as you fellowship with Him. This is why you feel enraptured during times of deep worship and meditation. You’re taken away from this earth-realm into the realm of God’s Spirit. There, your eyes are opened to see the realities of God’s Kingdom, where there are no impossibilities or limitations. You gain the advantage as you see with the eyes of the Sprit, things that are not visible to others.

This is the glorious life God has given you – the translational life where you’re always victorious. And you can live this life perpetually as you walk in fellowship with the Spirit of God.

Confession
I walk closely with the Spirit of God and I’m constantly transported by Him into the glorious and higher realms of life, far removed from death, defeat, destruction, sickness, poverty, and failure. My eyes of understanding are enlightened; I see the invisible and I’m empowered to do the impossible. Hallelujah!

Further Study
Ephesians 1:17-18
17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Acts 8:39-40
39And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
40But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 3:22-36
Reading plan 2 Samuel 23-24

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 6:12-20
Reading Plan Proverbs 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:49am On May 08, 2010
Subject: Live From Above – Saturday May 8, 2010

Live From Above

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world (John 8:23).

When Jesus told the Jews, “You’re from beneath and I’m from above,” He certainly wasn’t referring to His physical origin but His spiritual origin. He is the Word of God that came from heaven (John 1:1; John 6:33).

Now, if you’re born again, you’re born, not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible seed, which is the Word of God that lives and abides forever (1 Peter 1:23). This means you’re born of the Word that came from above and you have the same life from above as Jesus. Thus you can as well declare that you’re from above. This consciousness of your divine origin will change your attitude and the way you live. That’s because when you recognize you’re not of this world, you won’t think, talk, or act like the world.

Imagine that you go to work with this consciousness that you’re from above and someone in the office offends you. Everybody expects you to get mad, but you don’t, and while they’re wondering at you, you simply let them know you can’t condescend to such behaviour, because you’re from above.

Or perhaps, everyone in your neighbourhood is catching the flu, but you declare, “No, not me. I’m from above, and we don’t catch the flu where I’m from!” This is how you train yourself in the consciousness of the life you’ve received. Jesus talked like this all the time, and you must do the same. Remember, He also said you’re not of the world, even as He is not of the world (John 17:16).

Be conscious of this truth twenty-four hours every day. The more you walk in this consciousness, the greater and more outstanding your results. You will be distinguished by the supernatural and those around you will know of a truth that you’re from above.

Confession
I know who I am! I may be in this world but I’m not of the world. I’m from above and my life is the supernatural life of God’s Word. Therefore, I think, talk and do the Word, and I receive the results of the Word in my life today and always!

Further Study
Colossians 3:1
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Ephesians 1:21
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 4:1-26
Reading plan 1 Kings 1

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 7:1-9
Reading Plan Proverbs 4

Subject: Live From Above – Saturday May 8, 2010

Live From Above

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world (John 8:23).

When Jesus told the Jews, “You’re from beneath and I’m from above,” He certainly wasn’t referring to His physical origin but His spiritual origin. He is the Word of God that came from heaven (John 1:1; John 6:33).

Now, if you’re born again, you’re born, not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible seed, which is the Word of God that lives and abides forever (1 Peter 1:23). This means you’re born of the Word that came from above and you have the same life from above as Jesus. Thus you can as well declare that you’re from above. This consciousness of your divine origin will change your attitude and the way you live. That’s because when you recognize you’re not of this world, you won’t think, talk, or act like the world.

Imagine that you go to work with this consciousness that you’re from above and someone in the office offends you. Everybody expects you to get mad, but you don’t, and while they’re wondering at you, you simply let them know you can’t condescend to such behaviour, because you’re from above.

Or perhaps, everyone in your neighbourhood is catching the flu, but you declare, “No, not me. I’m from above, and we don’t catch the flu where I’m from!” This is how you train yourself in the consciousness of the life you’ve received. Jesus talked like this all the time, and you must do the same. Remember, He also said you’re not of the world, even as He is not of the world (John 17:16).

Be conscious of this truth twenty-four hours every day. The more you walk in this consciousness, the greater and more outstanding your results. You will be distinguished by the supernatural and those around you will know of a truth that you’re from above.

Confession
I know who I am! I may be in this world but I’m not of the world. I’m from above and my life is the supernatural life of God’s Word. Therefore, I think, talk and do the Word, and I receive the results of the Word in my life today and always!

Further Study
Colossians 3:1
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Ephesians 1:21
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 4:1-26
Reading plan 1 Kings 1

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 7:1-9
Reading Plan Proverbs 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:06am On May 09, 2010
Subject: Have The Right Perception of God – Sunday May 9, 2010

Have The Right Perception of God

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6).

When you pray to God, you must first believe in your heart that He’s more willing to grant your request than you’re willing to pray. You must be persuaded that when you ask, you’ll receive. Don’t go to Him with the mindset that: “Well, I’ll just ask because I was told to. I don’t know if He’ll really give it to me.” You’ve already lost out that way.

Read what James has to say about such an attitude: “…ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways” (James 1:6-cool.

If you prayed to God and began to wonder whether or not He’d grant your request, you more or less concluded you won’t get it ever before you asked. That’s because you were double-minded, and James says the double-minded shouldn’t think he’ll receive anything from the Lord. Now, that’s not because the Lord won’t give him, but because he can’t receive as long as he’s in that state.

God is your loving heavenly Father. If He didn’t spare His Son, but delivered Him up for your sake, how shall He not with Him also freely give you all things? (Romans 8:32). However, to receive from Him, you must approach Him in faith as His Word has said you should. That’s because “without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him” (Hebrews 11:6).

So stop relating with God according to your religious impressions, perceptions, and prejudices about Him that have no basis. Believe in His fatherhood, and your divine rights and privileges as His child. Believe He’s more willing to give to you than you could ever be to receive.

Prayer
My Father, I thank you for loving me so much and making me your child. Thank you for all the blessings and benefits you’ve given me as your beloved child. I ask with confidence, knowing that you always hear and answer me. Thank you Father, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 4:27-54
Reading plan 1 Kings 2-3

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 7:10-24
Reading Plan Proverbs 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:26am On May 13, 2010
Subject: Prevailing Faith! – Thursday May 13, 2010

Prevailing Faith!

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).

A striking thought to observe in our opening verse is that it tells us how faith comes; it’s by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Notice it didn’t say “faith cometh by having heard the Word”; but by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.” The emphasis is on “hearing,” that is, the continued bombardment of your spirit with the Word of God. That’s what produces prevailing faith, the faith that always works.

This reminds me of the testimony of a certain gentleman who’s a Lawyer today. He wanted to study law in the University where I was a student at the time, but he wouldn’t be admitted. He prayed, and prophecies came, but each time he went for his admission, he got a rebuff.

I knew the problem was that he hadn’t grown his faith strong enough for it to prevail in that situation. So one evening, when he came to my room, I slotted an audiotape message on faith in the player and instructed him: “Listen to this until faith comes. If faith doesn’t come, you’re not stepping out of this room!” Then I locked the door, kept the keys in my pocket and went out. At intervals, I’d come and listen at the door to know what was going on. By nighttime, he was declaring God’s Word so loudly and boldly that I was sure he was full of faith, so I opened the door and let him out.

Early the next morning, he barged into my room while I was still in bed, fell on the floor and began praying like I had never seen him pray before. It was obvious his faith had grown from listening to God’s Word the night before. He prayed and shouted until he began to prophesy. What happened? His faith had prevailed. In his spirit he had received his miracle from God!

When he was through that morning, he dressed up, went to the admissions office and sure enough, he got his admission. Not only is he a Lawyer today, he’s a Magistrate. Praise God! I tell people faith always works! If it didn’t work, it wasn’t faith.

For your faith to prevail all the time, you need to feed on the Word. You need to keep bombarding your spirit with the Word until it literally oozes out of your entire being! That’s how to grow prevailing faith; you have to get the Word into your system so much that you can only think, talk and live the Word!

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the entrance of your Word into my spirit produces in me strong faith – the faith that works all the time. Today, as I give myself to the ministry of the Word – listening, meditating and doing what it says, my profiting appears to all, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 17:19-20
Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you

John 8:31
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

1 Timothy 4:15-16
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 6:25-59
Reading plan 1 Kings 10-11

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 9:11-19
Reading Plan Proverbs 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kay17: 9:48am On May 13, 2010
What amount of faith is needed to jump off a three storey building and hoping angels would catch one?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:38am On May 14, 2010
Subject: Plead Your Case! – Friday May 14, 2010

Plead Your Case!

Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified (Isaiah 43:26).

In the scripture above, God didn’t say, “Put me in remembrance” because He’s forgetful. Rather, He was introducing a legal twist to the art of prayer. He said, “Let us plead together,” meaning “Let’s come into an agreement; bring forth your strong reasons and arguments; plead your case.”

This is actually an invitation from God for you to bring His words to Him. These are the statements of fact, promises, and declarations He’s made concerning you or the circumstance or situation you want changed. He wants you to put Him in remembrance of what He has said concerning the case you’re dealing with!

For example, in Acts 4:24-31: when the Apostles faced severe persecutions, they prayed thus: “, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ… And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.”

This prayer was based on the Word of God. The disciples came together to plead their case before God. They quoted specific scriptures and put Him in remembrance of His Word. Thus, in pleading your case before God, you must pray the Word! That doesn’t mean you merely say, “Oh Lord, I pray according to Your Word…!” Rather, you speak His Word back to Him and present relevant scriptures as the basis for which you’re demanding a miracle.

Is there something you want God to do for you? Is there a situation you want changed? Is it something that has to do with millions of individuals, or maybe with some loved ones? Or does it have to do with your job, your family, or with some crisis? Whatever the situation is, present your case in a legal form! Present God’s Word to Him as your petition. Stand on the words God Himself has spoken concerning the situation, and take that as the reason for which you expect things to turn out the way you want.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for teaching me today, how to plead my case before you in prayer and turn hopeless situations around for my good. I’m so grateful and I rejoice exceedingly to know that when I pray according to your Word, you hear and grant my requests, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 6:60-71
Reading plan 1 Kings 12-14

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 9:20-27
Reading Plan Proverbs 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:43am On May 16, 2010
Subject: The Word Works! – Sunday May 16, 2010

The Word Works!

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

I always love to share this story of the young girl who had been given up by the doctors to die. Her lungs had been badly damaged by disease and she was constantly connected to oxygen and confined to her bed. One day, while in bed waiting to die, she flipped through the pages of the Bible and stumbled on the verse that says, “who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness…”(1 Peter 2:24).

When she read this scripture, she broke down and said, “Dear Lord Jesus, thank you because you bore my sins on your body on the cross, and now that I am dying, I know I’m coming home and will surely see you soon.” Then she read further and saw the latter part that says “by whose stripes ye were healed” (1 Peter 2:24). Immediately, her eyes lit up. She said, “Dear Lord, I just thanked you for bearing my sins on your body on the cross. I didn’t know you healed me too. Lord, I’m sorry, I won’t be coming home very soon!”

She believed the Word she read and acted on it. She got rid of the oxygen and stepped out of her sick bed! She acted on the Word and received her healing! She took advantage of what had been made available to her in the Word. The doctors were called in later, and found two brand new lungs in her body.

The Word of God is powerful, but it won’t work for you if you let it remain in the pages of the Bible. You’ve got to act on it. So no matter the challenges you’re facing in any area of your life – be it your finances, your health, your job or your family, act on the ever-dependable Word of God, and you’ll surely have a testimony.

Confession
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of your Word to produce for me today my anticipated miracle as I put my faith to work. I declare that your Word is growing mightily and prevailing in me, thus my progress and success is apparent to all, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
James 1:22-25
22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Acts 19:20
So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 7:25-8:11
Reading plan 1 Kings 18-19

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 10:14-21
Reading Plan Proverbs 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:47am On May 18, 2010
Don’t Complain; Just Request And Receive

And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me (John 5:5-7).

Some people don’t know the difference between complaining to the Lord and making a request of Him. When Jesus met the sick man at the pool of Bethesda, He asked him, “Do you want to be made whole?” Instead of the man to request His help, he started complaining that any time the pool was there stirred and he tried to step in, someone else got there ahead of him. He could have missed his miracle, but thank God for the compassion of Jesus; He mercifully healed him.

When the wine was finished midway into the wedding ceremony in Cana of Galilee, some of the servers might have complained and said, “See, there are too many guests! Why did they invite two hundred people instead of one hundred? Now the wine is finished. Where do they expect us to get wine from?” But Mary, Jesus’ mother, had a different attitude. When she heard the wine had finished, she told Jesus about it and said to the servers, “Whatever He asks you to do, do it” (John 2:5).

There were six water vessels there that were used for Jewish purification rituals, and Jesus instructed them to fill each one with water. They went and did as they were told, wondering what exactly Jesus was up to. Then He asked them to pour one of the vessels and take it to the chairman of the occasion to drink. Thank God they obeyed, and there was a miracle. The water was turned into the best wine he’d tasted that day! If the servers had complained and refused to obey Jesus, thinking His instruction was going to get them into trouble, they would have missed that miracle!

Your attitude in prayer determines whether or not you’ll receive what you desire. Don’t have a complaining attitude. Complaints don’t work with God. He has shown us what works in His Word; it says “Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God” (Philippians 4:6 CEV).

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for you always hear me when I pray. Therefore, I make my requests with faith and I rejoice and give you thanks, because I have the answer to my prayer in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 7:7-11
7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

1 John 5:15
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 8:31-47
Reading plan 1 Kings 22

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 11:1-11
Reading Plan Proverbs 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:06am On May 19, 2010
Copy Jesus

He must increase, but I must decrease (John 3:30).

This is a very powerful expression in the Scriptures credited to John the Baptist. He was talking about the Lord Jesus, and he said, “He must increase, but I must decrease.” If only you’d catch this vision with your spirit and become more of Him and less of yourself.

Remember, the Father said of Jesus, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him” (Matthew 17:5). Jesus is the fulfillment of the Father’s dream; He is our chief example. So if we’re going to please the Father, we’ve got to be like Jesus. We’ve got to copy Him and let our character sink into His character so much that people will begin to say we look like Him.

John declared that “as He (Jesus) is so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). The question is, Who is He? Jesus is the living Word. He’s the absolute personification of Wisdom. When He walked this earth, He forgave, blessed, healed, raised the dead, embraced sinners, and changed lives. He was such a marvel, and He hasn’t changed (Hebrews 13:cool. Our knowledge of who Jesus is helps us know who we are and how we ought to live.

When the Holy Ghost reveals Jesus to you from the Word and you get to know Him more, you’d love Him more, and become more like Him. Then you can think, talk and act like Him, because you’ve got His Word in you.

You know, sometimes in my prayer, I tell God, “I don’t just want to be a “preacher”; I want to be like Jesus. I want to do what He did, think like Him and love people the way He did.” This should be your desire too – to see the real value of people and love them for who they really are. Some don’t know who Jesus is and who they are in Him, but you can help them discover themselves and realize their true worth. As you help others discover who Jesus is to fall in love with Him and become like Him, you also become more like Him

So let Jesus be your example in everything. Copy him and you’ll be an outstanding success anytime, anywhere!

Confession
I take after Jesus because I am born of His Word. As I study and meditate on His Word, I become like Him more and more. I do the same things He does and get His kind of results every day. My life only goes in the direction of the Son of God. Therefore, I’ll never fail in life; I can only be a marvel and an outstanding success, just like Jesus. Hallelujah!

Further Study
Philippians 2:5-8
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

1 Peter 2:21
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Ephesians 5:1 Amp
THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 8:48-59
Reading plan 2 Kings 1-3

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 11:12-19
Reading Plan Proverbs 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:36am On May 20, 2010
Plugged To An Unending Supply!

Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks. Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shat have plenty of silver (Job 22:24-25).

If you’ve ever wiped a table clean of dust, you’d have observed that after some time, some dust still managed to accumulate on the same surface you wiped so clean. This parallels or describes the prosperity of the believer in Christ. When the Bible says you shall lay up gold as dust, it’s telling you your supply will never end!

So you don’t ever have to think or talk lack, for you’re plugged to an unending supply. No wonder David said, “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures…” (Psalm 23:1-2). Therefore, never be afraid when it looks as though you just used up your last savings. If you’ve been thinking, “This is just the beginning of the month. There are still twenty-five days to go and I don’t have any more money; what am I going to do?” Here's what you should do: say, “I lay up gold as dust; I’m plugged to God’s supply system. The money I give comes back to me in a harvest, in the Name of Jesus.”

Now don’t start thinking, “But I only have one source, my business! Where’s the money going to come from?” God is your source, not your job or business. He’s the One Who supplies all your needs, not according to your salary or the income from your business, but according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Recognize that you’re an heir of God, and you have unlimited access to His inexhaustible riches. Your heavenly Father owns the whole world and has willed it to you because you’re Abraham’s seed (Galatians 3:29). Therefore, refuse to talk or reason like the rest of the world! Think and talk prosperity. Be supply-conscious, not lack-conscious.

Confession
The Lord is my Shepherd, therefore I do not lack. I’m walking in the light of my prosperity today, for I’m the seed of Abraham; I have access to wealth untold, therefore I’m supply-conscious! Lack and want are not a part of my life because I’m plugged to God’s unending supply.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 9
Reading plan 2 Kings 4-5

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 11:20-29
Reading Plan Proverbs 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:44am On May 22, 2010
Subject: Be Moved To Pray! – Saturday May 22, 2010

Be Moved To Pray!

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men (1 Timothy 2:1).

Prayer, usually, is the response to the impression of the Spirit in our hearts. It can also be a response to the impression the circumstances of other people make upon our hearts, which makes us decide we want to cause a change. I remember the testimony of a young girl who was retarded and bedridden due to juvenile arthritis. She could only move around in a wheelchair, and the only part of her body she could move was her neck, as the disease had stiffened her whole body.

She was taken to a miracle-service, and while in that meeting she wept and called on the Lord to help her. Some others saw her and began to pray for her too. As they interceded for her, she told the lady beside her she wanted to get up. Though her hands and legs felt heavy and painful, she managed to stand up. As others prayed for her, the lady encouraged her and said, “Don’t worry, go ahead and move your hands and legs. The Lord has healed you.”

Although it was difficult for her to move, she was encouraged by the faith of everyone present and took her first step. They all erupted in thanks and praise to the Lord as she took another step, and then another one, and right before their eyes she began to run around the room! That happened just because those believers around her were moved to pray for her. They weren’t moved by pity but by compassion.

There’s so much we can do and change in the lives of others if we’d only intercede for them. Thank God for the wonderful life you have, but there are people who are going through a lot of hurt for whom you must be moved to pray.

Never become callous and unfeeling, to the point that you’re not moved by the conditions of the sinners and others who are suffering around you. The Bible says of the Lord Jesus that He is touched with the feeling of our infirmities (Hebrews 4:15). Let that be your description as well. Let the plight of the poor, the sick and the downtrodden move you to intercede for them and cause a change in their lives.

Prayer
Father, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray today for all who are suffering; especially your children, who are sick, displaced, hurting or experiencing any form of pain, that by your Spirit, and through the ministry of angels, help, succour and comfort will come to them. I pray that the faith, courage and strength they need to come out victorious be ministered to them in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Timothy 2:1-4
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 10:22-42
Reading plan 2 Kings 8-9

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
Reading Plan Proverbs 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:12pm On May 23, 2010
True Worship: A Union Of Your Spirit With God’s Spirit!

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the father in spirit and in truth: for the father seeketh such to worship him (John 4:23).

In the verse above, Jesus outlines true worship as that which is done in spirit and in truth. This means worshipping the Father from your spirit and according to His Word. True worship involves a union of one’s spirit with God’s Spirit. Thus, it’s only if you’re born again and filled with the Holy Spirit that you can truly worship the Lord in spirit and in truth.

Today, the goats, bulls, blood, incense and all the articles of worship in the Old Testament temple have been done away with. In fact, Hebrews 10:4 clearly states that “…it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.”

We are now in vital fellowship with the Father. There’s now a union of our spirits with His Spirit. It’s not just in the singing or the words we offer in worship, but in the fellowship that takes place in the realm of the spirit as we worship the Lord.

This is why, sometimes, as you worship, you feel enraptured – taken away from the earth-realm into the warmth of God’s Spirit. You find yourself completely oblivious of everyone and everything around you as God’s glorious presence envelopes you. That’s because there’s a union of your spirit with God’s Spirit. This blessing is for everyone who’s born again. We’re the ones who worship the Father and experience such a glorious transportation into His presence, as our spirits are mingled with His.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for my fellowship with you through the Holy Ghost! Right now, as I lift my heart to you in worship, I thank you for the divine transportation, heavenly blessings and glorious infilling of the Spirit that I experience in your holy presence. Thank you for bringing me into such vital union with you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Philippians 3:3
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 11:1-16
Reading plan 2 Kings 10-12

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 12:12-21
Reading Plan Proverbs 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:10pm On May 29, 2010
Subject: Lifting Holy Hands In Worship! – Saturday May 29, 2010

Lifting Holy Hands In Worship!

Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice (Psalm 141:2).

When David wrote this Psalm, he was well acquainted with the priesthood ministry of the Old Testament in the old tabernacle. Also, being a prophet of God, he, by the Spirit, had a revelation of the New Testament. So he spoke prophetically and likened the evening sacrifice in the Old Testament to the lifting of our hands in worship today.

Lifting our hands to the Lord in worship is an offering to Him, not a mere religious routine as some folks think. It’s not just a sign, it’s a ministry! When our hands are lifted to the Lord in worship, we’re declaring that we’ve accepted the judgment of the Lamb of God – Jesus Christ – for our sins and yielded ourselves to Him. Thus, when our hands are lifted up in His presence with this consciousness, no sin can condemn us.

The lifting of our hands today has taken the place of the burnt offering in the Old Testament. No wonder the Apostle Paul wrote thus to Timothy: “I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath or doubting” (1 Timothy 2:cool. Paul here was referring to spiritual worship, where we extol the King and glorify His holy Name with our hands lifted high!

So right now, with your hands lifted, offer praise and adoration to the Father from a joyful heart, full of love and thanksgiving. Glorify Him for His love, mercy, and kindness towards you! Tell Him how much you love Him

Prayer
Blessed heavenly Father, I lift my hands to you today in holiness, to bless and adore you for your glory, majesty and grace! Thank you for the great love wherewith you’ve loved me, and thank you for the glorious life you’ve given me in Christ Jesus. I rejoice in you today, knowing that you’re the glory of my life and the solid rock on which I stand, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 134:2
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.

Lamentations 3:41
Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 14:15-31
Reading plan 1 Chronicles 1-2

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 14:31-40
Reading Plan Proverbs 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:27am On May 31, 2010
Subject: The Power Of The Holy Communion – Monday May 31, 2010 - Pastor Chris

The Power Of The Holy Communion

…the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me (1 Corinthians 11:23-25).

The Holy Communion is a very important sacrament in the Church and there’s a lot we should know about it. We’re told in 1 Corinthians 11:24 that Jesus took bread and broke it and gave it to His disciples to eat. When He broke the bread and said, “This is my body, which is broken for you,” it signified that He was given up for our sake; He was bruised and killed in our place. So when you “break” bread, you’re commemorating the vicarious death of Christ, the sacrificial Lamb that was given up for you.

The eating of the bread is also very significant. When you eat the bread, you’re not only reaffirming that His body was broken for you, but also that you’ve become a part of it. You’re eating, as it were, His body into your body. That means you’ve become responsible for Him as He is responsible for you. It also means you can’t take the Communion and then turn around and betray or deny Jesus; it’s forbidden. The Communion signifies a oneness with Him that makes you inseparable from Him.

Jesus also declared in the twenty-fifth verse of 1 Corinthians eleven, “This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.” The Cup signifies the New Testament sealed in His blood. His divine blood was shed for us for the remission of sins, so that sin should not have dominion over us. Now we are the products of the New Testament; we are what He got for His sacrifice!

The next time you take Communion, remember these things and declare them in prayer, giving God thanks for all that Christ obtained for you.

Prayer
Father, I thank you for the body of Jesus that was broken for me and His blood that was shed for the remission of my sins. Now my body will never again be broken and sin will never have dominion over me. He was wounded for me transgressions and bruised for my iniquities, the punishment for my sins was laid upon Him, and by His stripes, I was healed! Thank you Father for the divine life I have in Christ. I walk conscious of it every day, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Further Study
Isaiah 53:3-5
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Corinthians 11:26-34
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 15:1-17
Reading plan 1 Chronicles 3-4

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 15:1-10
Reading Plan Proverbs 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2010
Subject: You’re The Real Superman! – Saturday June 5, 2010 - Pastor Chris

You’re The Real Superman!

But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you… (Acts 1:8 AMP).

Did you know that there are true supermen, superwoman, and super-kids on the face of the earth today? There are people with divine, dynamic, and supernatural abilities. No, they don’t fly around in the sky nor go about in red capes with a large ‘S’ emblazoned on the chest, but they sure have super-powers such as are not displayed by ordinary men.

If you’re born again you’re the superman I’m talking about. God has conferred on you such powers, abilities, gifts, strength, rights, might and privileges that you can only be described as extraordinary and supernatural. You’re the real “superman.” It’s important you understand this to be your true identity. Sadly, most Christians don’t even know half the truth about who they really are, and that’s because most have never been taught.

Anyone who thinks Christianity is for the low and down-trodden, the poor and weak-minded who always cry to God in helplessness and hopelessness, doesn’t know who the Christian is. The Christian is by all means a superman. He’s one with whom anything is possible, because he has received from the Spirit of God the dynamic ability to change any hopeless situation. He’s one who’s been given authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy (Luke 10:19). That “one” is you!

Jesus also said in Luke 10:19, “…nothing shall by any means hurt you!” Thus, it doesn’t matter how harmful, poisonous or evil that thing is, the truth is, it doesn’t have the power to hurt you. This is akin to what He said again about you in Mark 16:18, that if you drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt you, and when you lay your hands on the sick, they shall recover. Why? Because you’re not ordinary! You’re not of this world! The life of Christ in you makes you supernatural.

Be conscious of your true identity in Christ. Recognize the divine ability, efficiency and might that the Holy Spirit has brought into your life, and live with the consciousness of the superman that you are!

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the life of Christ in me that makes me superhuman! I recognize your divine ability, efficiency and might that’s at work in me today, and by virtue of the divine life of Christ in me, I declare that I’m superior to satan; and nothing shall be impossible unto me today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Colossians 1:27-29
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 19:17-42
Reading plan 1 Chronicles 17-19

2 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 16:1-12
Reading Plan Ecclesiastes 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2010
ubject: Don’t Push The Panic Button! – Tuesday June 8, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Don’t Push The Panic Button!

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19).

As a Christian, rather than panic or be overwhelmed with fear when you face dire circumstances or opposition, use your authority in Christ. This reminds me of something that happened several years ago in Switzerland. I was standing at the road junction in Geneva with my wife and we were preparing to cross the road to the other side. Someone had flipped the switch for the light to stop the vehicles, so pedestrians could cross.

For some reason, I wasn’t so attentive, so when everyone else had already gone to the other side was when I began to cross. By then, the lights had changed for the vehicles to come through. And there they were racing towards me and I was right in the middle of the road. The speed at which they were coming was high, and everybody watching from the sidewalk held their breath. Well, I stood right there and said, “STOP!!!” Of course, I didn’t do that as a traffic warden. I had to use a higher authority; my authority in Christ.

Guess what happened: the vehicles screeched to a halt, with the one ahead of them stopping right in front of me, mere centimeters away from where I stood. You could hear as everyone heaved a big sigh of relief, and then I calmly walked away. Imagine if I had pushed the panic button and responded in fear. Some of us don’t know this yet but we’ve got something that can stop engines. And guess what! That same thing can start engines too! I remember the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa. The story is told how he was in an airplane with several others and the pilot announced that they had lost one engine and the other one was having trouble and could fail anytime soon.

While the other passengers panicked and envisaged a crash, the Archbishop got up and spoke in other tongues, and when he was through he said to the plane, “Move!” The engine perfected its work and the plane became stable until it landed perfectly. The cockpit crew couldn’t explain how everything returned to normal from that chaotic state, but went to the Archbishop and thanked him for saving their lives.

We’ve got something we can use. We have authority in the Name of Jesus. You can use that Name against any sickness; you can use it to improve your job, your finances, your marriage, and your family – everything about your life! Praise God.

Prayer
Dear heavenly father, I thank you for the power in the Name of Jesus; the Name above all names. I live in health, safety, peace and prosperity today and always, because I function by and in the power and dominion of the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Philippians 2:9-10
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible John 21
Reading plan 1 Chronicles 26-29

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 1:12-24
Reading Plan Ecclesiastes 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2010
Subject: Don’t Consider The Circumstances – Saturday June 12, 2010 - Pastor Anita

Don’t Consider The Circumstances

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).

Talking about Abraham, the Bible says “…he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither the deadness of Sarah’s womb… (Romans 4:19).

He was a hundred years old when God told him he would have a son and call his name Isaac. Though he was already well stricken in age, he refused to consider his body as being unable to reproduce! Neither did he consider the fact that Sarah’s womb was dead! He was undeterred by the physical and natural evidences that challenged the Word of God. Everything he knew in this world, told him it was impossible for him to have a child. Yet, Abraham didn’t consider all of those.

What then did he consider? The Word! He gave thought, attention and focus only to the Word that God had spoken to him.

Faith doesn’t mean that you don’t feel the pain. Faith means, “I feel the pain alright, but I refuse to consider it; I refuse to let it dictate my actions.” Never let what you see, how you feel, or anything contrary to God’s Word run your life. God’s words to you are “yea and amen” (2 Corinthians 1:20); that means they’re settled and established. Your role is to believe them and give no place to doubt and unbelief.

Confession
I have absolute faith in God and His unfailing and eternal Word! No contrary wind, circumstances or situations that I may face can dissipate my confidence in the Word of God to me! Through the power of God’s Word, my faith prevails today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 4:19-22
And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 3
Reading plan 2 Chronicles 12-15

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 3:11-18
Reading Plan Song of Solomon 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2010
Subject: The Indwelling Presence Of The Holy Spirit – Wednesday June 16, 2010 - Pastor Chris

The Indwelling Presence Of The Holy Spirit

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you (John 14:16-17).

The indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit is one of the greatest gifts you could ever have as a Christian. This truth is even more profound when we recognize that whatever we do for the Lord is worthless except it’s done through the Holy Spirit. Nothing we do for God really matters, until we recognize and take full advantage of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

Just think about it: What in the world could you do for God all by yourself and in your own power? Nothing! The Father has more angels than there are people, and these angels are more powerful than humans (Psalm 8:4-5). So, in a sense, He really doesn’t need humans to help Him. However, He created us in His image and after His likeness so it would be possible for us to be filled with His Spirit. That’s a blessing and a privilege angels don’t have.

Your service to God becomes acceptable to Him when you render it through the Holy Spirit. Therefore, learn to always honour the Spirit and appreciate His presence in your life. Never take it lightly; His presence is the most important thing to you. Remember, life is nothing without the Holy Spirit. When you get to know Him and fellowship with Him, your life takes on a new meaning.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of your Spirit in my life. I recognize and acknowledge Him as the One you’ve sent to guide and lead me in the affairs of life. I pray that you would help me to be more conscious and take advantage of His presence in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.

Ephesians 3:19
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 6
Reading plan 2 Chronicles 26-28

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
Reading Plan Isaiah 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:24am On Jun 17, 2010
Subject: The Prayer Of Petition – Thursday June, 17, 2010 - Pastor Chris

The Prayer Of Petition – Thursday June, 17, 2010

I exhort therefore, that first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men (1 Timothy 2:1).

There’re different kinds of prayers, and one of them is the prayer of petition. A petition is a solemn entreaty, a supplication or request appealing to an authority, or an earnest or humble appeal for something or to someone. The prayer of petition is one that is done with seriousness and intensity. It’s heartfelt and earnest.

This kind of praying doesn’t just depend on the length of the prayer, but on the intensity of spirit. You can shake the whole world in a few minutes with it. It’s one that s direct in purpose, zealous, fervent and marked by a deep feeling of conviction as described for us in James 5:16: (AMP): “…The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].”

It’s not every kind of prayer that makes tremendous power available, but the prayer of petition does; and that power is dynamic in its working. In other words, it works like dynamite. The King James Version calls it ‘effectual and fervent.’ That means it burns like fire! We read in the Amplified Version that it is “heartfelt and continued.” It’s heartfelt because it touches your heart; it gets a hold of your emotions.

Sometimes, people pray without emotions, as though they don’t even understand the subject they’re praying about. But the prayer of petition is involving. It gets your emotions, and sometimes you find yourself crying when you pray like this. Such prayers are hard to shout; they’re called supplications, that is, humble, earnest requests.

At such times, you’re so humble you go on your knees or prostrate on the floor before the Lord. Nobody may even hear you, but you’re pouring out your heart before the Lord. It’s not the kind of prayer where you talk just for two minutes and stop. It’s earnest, heartfelt and continued. Learn to pray like this often, for this kind of prayer makes tremendous power available.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for teaching me to pray earnest, heartfelt and continued prayer. As I spend time to pray like this today, your divine power is manifested, changes are effected, and circumstances in my life are changed, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 1:13-14
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

James 5:17-18
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 7:1-53
Reading plan 2 Chronicles 29-30

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 6:1-10
Reading Plan Isaiah 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kinsa(f): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nice trend, keep it hope
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:50am On Jun 19, 2010
Subject: Grow Your Faith! – Saturday June, 19, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Grow Your Faith!

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3)

Throughout the epistles, there isn’t anywhere the Holy Spirit expressly instructs us to have faith. The reason is quite simple: God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Thus, to the Christian, faith is the New Testament principle of life. Our very life is by faith. In other words, you already have faith.

“But didn’t Jesus charge some of those he ministered to in Bible days to have faith? you might ask. Well, you need to realize that the teachings of Jesus on faith in Matthew, Mark and Luke were for sense-knowledge men. They had not been born again. They were men and women of the Old Covenant. They lived under the law. The new man in Christ is born of the Word, with faith in His spirit.

In our opening verse, the Apostle Paul wasn’t writing to sinners or the world but to Christians. He said, “For I say through the grace given unto me to every man that is among you…” He was talking to the saints in Rome at the time and of course the rest of God’s people. God has dealt to every born-again believer the measure of faith.

Notice also that he didn’t say “a measure of faith,” but “the measure of faith.” This is quite significant for it means it’s the same measure (size or quantity) of faith every believer receives from God at salvation. Now, that deposit of faith is given to you as a seed, but God expects you to grow it. It’s your responsibility to increase the measure of faith God has given to you, and the way to do that is by learning more of God’s Word: “…faith cometh by hearing , and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17).

The more of God’s Word you hear, the more faith you’ll have. The less of God’s Word you receive into your spirit, the less faith you’ll be able to express when you’re faced with the challenges of life. So every day, grow your faith by feeding voraciously on God’s Word.

Confessions
I received faith at the new birth and therefore I have faith. My faith is alive and increasing today, as I receive the Word of God into my spirit. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 8:9-40
Reading plan 2 Chronicles 33-34

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 7:1-8
Reading Plan Isaiah 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2010
Subject: Jesus Took Our Place Of Condemnation – Sunday June 20, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Jesus Took Our Place Of Condemnation

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:6).

The Bible says He was made sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21). The idea of the salvation Jesus wrought for us is that of total substitution; He took our place of sin and gave us His righteousness.

An analogy of our salvation in Christ is painted of a man who had been condemned to death for his wrong and is waiting to be drowned. But one of his kin came and said, “I’ll take his place; drown me in his stead.” He didn’t say, “Drown him and I’ll throw in a rope or send in divers to rescue him,” which would have been wonderful. Rather, He took the place of the condemned man. That’s the salvation that we have in Christ. He saved us by giving Himself in our place so we could go free.

Jesus didn’t just save you from sin; He gave you His life. When you come to the realization of the importance of the sacrifice of Christ, then you’ll appreciate His vicarious death and appropriate the benefits of salvation in your life. The Bible says He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows (Isaiah 53:4). That means He took our place of punishment. The chastisement of our peace, that is, the punishment that brought us life and peace, was upon Him.

Thus, today, as a result of the sacrifice of Jesus on your behalf, sin and its effect and consequences should not have dominion over you. Now you’re free to serve the Lord and live for Him.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to die in my place, thereby paying the full penalty for my sins. I rejoice, knowing that His sacrifice for sin was the ultimate sacrifice by which I now stand justified in your presence. Thank you for ushering me into this new life of righteousness, where I now reign and rule with Christ forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Isaiah 53:10-11
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 9:1-31
Reading plan 2 Chronicles 35-36

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 7:9-16
Reading Plan Isaiah 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2010
Subject: Believe With Your Heart And Give No Place To Doubt! – Tuesday June 22, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Believe With Your Heart And Give No Place To Doubt!

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10).

In Mark 11:23 Jesus said, “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; AND SHALL NOT DOUBT IN HIS HEART, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” From this scripture, we understand that doubting in your heart dissipates faith. Your mind may raise doubts and say, “How do you think it’s going to work?” That doesn’t mean you’ve doubted in your heart. Faith will work in your heart, even whilst there’re doubts in your mind. The doubt that messes up your faith is the one that comes from your heart.

When arguments, theories, and reasonings arise in your mind against what you’ve believed and laid hold of by faith, all you need do is pull them down with God’s Word (2 Corinthians 10:3-5). Declare boldly and loudly that those things your spirit has taken possession of are yours already, and no devil can take them away from you. On the other hand, if there’s doubt in your heart, it’ll nullify your faith and cause you to lose what your faith hitherto possessed. What you need at such a time is to get more information from God’s Word about the subject and remain steady and unflinching in your faith until you have the desired results. Faith comes to your heart through God’s Word, therefore, fill your heart with the Word of God and there’ll be no place for doubt.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that inspires faith in my spirit. With my spirit, I lay hold of eternal life and the blessings that salvation in Christ has consummated for me. Nothing can cheat me of your blessings, because I’ve laid possession with my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
James 1:6-8
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Romans 4:19-21
And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 10:1-23
Reading plan Ezra 4-6

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 8:9-17
Reading Plan Isaiah 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2010
Ask What You Want! – Wednesday June 23, 2010

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you (John 16:23).

Jesus lets us know that His Name is effective before the Father. In His Name, you can ask the Father for anything. You might ask, “Is it really that simple?” Sure it is! Jesus never lied to anyone. Notice He didn’t say “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, He might consider giving it to you. Neither did He say “…He will give it to you only if you deserve it.”

Many pray and say, “O Lord, I’m unworthy, and I know I don’t deserve to have what I’m asking for, but I’m only asking you for Jesus’ sake.” They think they’re being humble when they pray like that, but that’s ignorance on rampage.

Yes, before you were born again were unworthy and undeserving of God’s attention and blessings, but Jesus took your place and died for you. From the moment you received Christ, and made Him the Lord of your life, you became worthy of His attention, deserving of His kindness and all of His blessings. Why? Because you’re not in Christ Jesus, therefore your righteousness is not the righteousness of your acts, but the righteousness of His acts. His righteousness has qualified you for His blessings, and made you worthy and rightly positioned to enjoy God’s best: “Giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified {and} made us fit to share the portion which is the inheritance of the saints (God’s holy people) in the Light” (Colossians 1:12 AMP)

So now, you can act in boldness, and ask for anything in the Name of Jesus, and have God’s full attention. You’re no longer an outsider. By virtue of the new birth, you’ve been brought into His glorious presence and wonderful Kingdom; that’s where you live now! So you can approach Him boldly and ask what you want! He said, “Whatsoever you ask the Father, in my name, He will give it to you,” and that includes what you have in mind right now – whatever you want Him to give you or do for you. That means, when you make a demand or ask anything in His Name, He’ll see to it that it happens. So right now, based on this knowledge, go ahead and ask what you want.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the glorious life you’ve given me in Christ, where I reign and rule every day by taking advantage of the power in the Name of Jesus. I declare right now, in the Name of Jesus, that all my needs today are met, and every requirement for the fulfillment of your destiny for me is supplied, by the power of your Spirit! Amen.

Further Study
John 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

John 14:13-14
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 10:24-48
Reading plan Ezra 7-8

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 8:18-24
Reading Plan Isaiah 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:51am On Jun 26, 2010
Locate Yourself In God’s Purpose

And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it (Colossians 4:17).

As a child of God, it’s important that you locate yourself in God’s purpose for your life and function in it. Functioning in God’s purpose for you will make your life count both in quality and in the impact you make in the world.

There’re three basic ways you can find and keep yourself in God’s purpose for you. First is by praying often in the spirit. Praying in the spirit helps to position you in line with God’s thinking and activate your spirit to receive His thoughts. When your spirit is activated, he’s then able to receive God’s signals, counsel and guidance. Then you find that your actions are in sync with God’s purpose and plan for your life.

Something else you have to do to locate yourself and function in God’s purpose is to focus on those things God has called you to do. If you keep your focus and refuse to be distracted, you’ll be walking in God’s purpose from one level of glory to another. Don’t push to the future the things God has asked you to do now; focus on them and do them NOW, for your future begins now! So now is the time to do the things God has asked you to do.

The third thing to do in locating yourself in God’s purpose is to meditate on God’s Word; assimilate His thoughts into your spirit. That way, your spirit will be conditioned to act in line with the will of God. If you do these three things, the necessary result is that the Spirit of God will guide you into the perfect will of God for your life, such that you’ll never have to wonder whether or not you’re doing the right thing; you’ll know.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for granting me length of days, and for helping me fulfil my destiny and calling in Christ. I’m running my race swiftly, pressing towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, under the inspiration of your Spirit, and guidance of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

Further Study
2 Thessalonians 1:11
Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

Acts 13:22
And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 12
Reading plan Nehemiah 4-6

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 10:1-7
Reading Plan Isaiah 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:51am On Jun 27, 2010
Subject: Journeying In Preordained Pathways – Sunday June 27, 2010 - Pastor Anita

Journeying In Preordained Pathways

For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live] (Ephesians 2:10 AMP).

This is fantastic! The Bible says God planned beforehand for us to take “paths which He prepared ahead of time.” In other words, the way you’ll go in life has already been chosen by God. The places you’ll go, where you’ll stay, the people you’ll meet and where you’ll work; all these are in God’s plan for you. He’s arranged them in your path, to enable you to arrive at the place of your destiny.

There’re those who feel terrible when they remember the wrong paths they took to arrive where they are today. Perhaps they took the paths of disobedience, selfishness or greed. Some others believe they were born poor or disadvantaged, and that life dealt them a hard blow to have placed them in paths they had no choice over.

Well, if you’re born again, God isn’t concerned about how you got to where you are. His concern is how to lead, guide and help you chart your course from where you are right now into your glorious inheritance and destiny in Him. Now, through His Word, He can lead you in the paths He already pre-arranged for you!

Your life is not a loose web of events and circumstances that are dependent on chance occurrences; you’re not a child of chance. God prepared for you before you came; so predestination is at work in you. He made very specific plans for your life, and as you fellowship with Him through the Word and the Holy Ghost, He’ll guide you in the path of your destiny in Him.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for guiding me in the path of life and leading me through your Spirit in the direction of your perfect will for me. I declare that today, your wisdom will propel me to walk in the paths of victory, joy, prosperity and peace that you’ve prepared for me ahead of time, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Ephesians 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 13:1-12
Reading plan Nehemiah 7-8

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 10:8-18
Reading Plan Isaiah 14-16

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
Use The Name Of Jesus As An Instrument!

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:9-11).

When God gave Jesus a Name above every name, He vested all authority in that Name. He passed it into law in heaven, on earth and under the earth; that at the Name of Jesus, every knee should bow! This is the Name we’ve been given the power of attorney to use as an instrument.

Some of God’s children haven’t understood how to use the Name of Jesus as an instrument, and this is the reason for the defeat, failure and lack they experience in their lives. If someone comes to you with a request in the name of his boss—an authority figure you recognize—you’ll oblige him, not because of who he is as a messenger, but because of the respect you have for the one in whose name he comes. Even if you don’t like the messenger’s face or his attitude, your respect for his boss will still compel you to grant his request.

It’s like receiving a document with the authentic seal or signature of someone of high authority. You respond favourably to that document immediately you receive it. That’s because you recognize the power and authority of the one whose seal or signature is on it. That seal is an instrument. The Name of Jesus works the same way in the spirit-realm. Peter understood this when he met the cripple at the gate of the temple called Beautiful. That’s why he said to him “…such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk (Acts 3:6). Then he “…took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ancle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood, and walked…” (Acts 3:7-cool.

This wasn’t a prayer; Peter didn’t make a request of God. What he did was to use the Name of Jesus as an instrument. He demanded that the man be restored in the Name of Jesus. When you make demands through the instrumentality of the Name of Jesus, Jesus said He’ll see to it that it happens (John 14:14).

Many people suffer for nothing, because, although they have this mighty and wonderful instrument—the Name of Jesus—they’re not using it. You have the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus, so use it every day! It’s the key that unlocks every door!

Prayer
Father, I thank you for the power in the Name of Jesus, and the authority I have to use that Name against the devil, sickness, disease and everything that hurts or binds. By the power of that Name, I declare that I’m living the higher life of glory that you prearranged for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 3:16
And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

John 16:23
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 14
Reading plan Nehemiah 11-13

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 11: 10-21
Reading Plan Isaiah 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:30am On Jun 30, 2010
Our Fellowship With Jesus

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord (1 Corinthians 1:9).

It’s exciting to know that we’ve been called into fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ. That’s the highest calling there is! It would have been wonderful for us just to be His servants or His favoured creatures, but He chose to bring us into oneness with Himself. This is bigger than what the natural mind can conceive, and that’s why some Christians still don’t understand it. It’s not information for the mind, but a revelation for the human spirit to grasp, that we’ve been called unto fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

To be called unto the fellowship of Jesus Christ means we’ve been brought into union with Him. It means we’ve been brought into His class, and now, we’re in partnership with Him and participating in His interests.

There are blessings and benefits that accrue as a result of your fellowship with the Lord. One of them is that anywhere you are in this great world, God knows. He cares for you, He’s concerned about you, and He always has you on His mind. This knowledge will completely change your perception of the world. You’ll understand that the world belongs to you because you’re in fellowship with the creator of the Universe.

When I see a child of God who’s struggling desperately to get something, I know he’s yet to understand that he’s been brought into fellowship with Jesus Christ. When you understand the rights your fellowship with the Lord confers on you, you won’t be looking for a job for the purpose of making ends meet, but as an opportunity to express what you’ve got in you. When you have this mentality, you’ll become a result-producer, a blesser, a lifter, and a helper, no matter where you work.

The understanding and consciousness of your fellowship with Jesus will help you recognize that your Father is the Monarch of the Universe, and you don’t have to struggle to survive. Instead, you’ll work with gusto, knowing that you’re producing results that will change the world and make it better.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for calling me into fellowship with Your Son Jesus in whom the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily. Thank you Father for I am complete in Christ Jesus Who is Head of all things, for by Him were all things created that are in heaven and in earth. The world belongs to me because I am a child of the Monarch of the Universe.

Further Study
1 John 1:3-4
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Hebrews 1:1-4
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 15:1-21
Reading plan Esther 1-4

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 11: 22-33
Reading Plan Isaiah 19

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 228
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.