Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249879 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2010
Greater Truths And Lesser Truths

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also (Genesis 1:16).

In the Scriptures, “light” symbolizes “truth.” As the two great lights the Lord made (the sun and the moon), one being greater than the other, so are the greater truths and lesser truths revealed to us in the Word of God. All the wonderful truths revealed to us in the gospel don’t rank equally; some are greater than others. Your desire should be to always function in the revelation of the greater truths. Studying the life of the Lord Jesus will show you clearly how to walk in the greater truths of God’s Word.

Divine healing, for example, is a truth and a blessing from God; it’s wonderful to know that no matter the nature of the sickness, you can receive healing. But there’s a greater truth to that, and it’s the fact that you can live in divine health everyday of your life; I’m talking about a state where you’re sickness, disease and infirmity free – never needing to be healed. We never read in the Bible that one day, Jesus had a cold or headache, or contracted the flu, and then sent Peter to assemble the other disciples to pray for Him to be healed. He lived in divine health.

The Bible refers to healing as the children’s bread (Matthew 15:26). In other words, it is children (spiritual babes) that require healing. As you mature in the things of the Spirit you leave the good things for the best – you move from asking for healing to living in divine health. That’s when you’ve chosen to see and live by the greater light.

Deliverance is also a great truth, but living in divine protection is a greater truth. All through the ministry of Jesus, He never needed to be set free or delivered from the devil or any trouble. There’s something greater and better than you getting into trouble for God to bring you out of it; that’s divine protection – God shielding you completely from trouble. That’s the greater truth, and that’s the revelation by which you ought to live.

So, in your life, put the Word to work, for the Word if the true light (John 1:9, 17:17). Measure your life’s experiences with the Word and the life of the Lord Jesus, and function continually in the greater truths of God’s Word.

Prayer
Dear Lord Jesus, my gaze is fixed on you and your eternal Word, to guard and guide me in life. You’re my perfect example and I purpose to function always in the greater revelations of your Word! Thank you Lord, for your Spirit that enlightens my heart and causes me to grasp and walk in the deeper realities of the Kingdom! Amen.

Further Study
John 8:31-32
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 15:22-35
Reading plan Esther 5-7

2 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 12:1-10
Reading Plan Isaiah 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2010
Command The Light To Shine Out Of That Darkness

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts…But we have this treasure in earthen vessels… (2 Corinthians 4:6-7).

This portion of the Scripture is one of the most inspiring in the Bible because of the truth it reveals. There are two vital things I want to highlight from it. Firstly, it says that the light of God is in our hearts. Secondly, the scripture doesn’t say “God commanded the darkness to become light” neither does it say “God brought light into the darkness.” You see, either of these two statements may be good, but what this scripture really says is even better. “For God …commanded the light to shine out of darkness…” (2 Corinthians 4:6). Can light come out of darkness? We all know that light and darkness don’t mix. Yet the Bible says that God commanded the light to shine out of darkness.

Remember, the earth was a chaotic mass that was enveloped in complete darkness (Genesis 1:2). But at His command, God brought order to the maddening chaos and light leapt out of the looming darkness. As a child of God, you have received the same ability; you can call the light out of darkness. 2 Corinthians 4:7 says “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels…” There’s a treasure in you; it’s a treasure of love, light and divine perfection. God has shone in our hearts and given us the ability to bring light out of darkness. Therefore, make a change in your situation today. There’s no problem too hard that you can’t solve, no situation is too hopeless that you can’t change.

If you feel pain in your body for example, turn to where the pain is and say, “I command the healing to come out of this pain in Jesus’ Name.” Bring forth light from that darkness in your body. The reason some Christians are full of regrets, suffer all kinds of problems and even die is that they are ignorant of their inherent ability. Joel 2:28 says, “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy…” These are the last days and the Spirit has already been poured out. If you find yourself in any predicament, prophesy your way out of it for God has given you the power to command light out of darkness.

You were born to be great because you’re the seed of Abraham. You’re more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37) and you can never be disadvantaged. No wonder the Bible says that all things work together for your good (Romans 8:28). Just as Isaiah prophesied upon the children of Israel in Isaiah 61:7, I prophesy to you today; “For your shame, you shall have double; and for confusion you shall rejoice in your portion: Therefore, in your life, you shall possess the double: Everlasting joy shall be in your household.”

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for the apt revelation of your Word to me today. Now I know that I cannot be disadvantaged because the God that does the unimaginable is shining through me, and as He is, so am I in this world. I thank you Lord, for there’s no area of darkness in my life, but the light of your Word has illuminated my life. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 18:24-19:7
Reading plan Job 12-14

2 Year Bible Galatians 1:18-2:2
Reading Plan Isaiah 27

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:36am On Jul 09, 2010
--------------------
Subject: Word-based Thoughts! – Friday July 9, 2010 - Pastor Anita

Word-based Thoughts!

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:cool.

God’s Word has the ability to produce in you and for you what it talks about. Therefore, when you think on the Word; when you inundate your thought processes with the Word of God, ideas and pictures of success, possibilities and victories will brew in your mind. This is the reason you must consciously have Word-based thoughts at all times. Jesus said in John 6:63: “…the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.” Thus you’d have to meditate on the Word for it to produce life in you.

Remember, you’re the character of your thoughts, so when your thoughts are consistent with the provisions of God’s Word, your life will be a reflection of what God has said concerning you. The Word is God’s an agent of transformation: “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God” (Romans 12:2). When you continually flood your spirit with the Word, the thoughts that emanate from you will be quality thoughts – the high thoughts of God that the ordinary mind cannot fathom.

Each time your inner man receives the Word, God’s thoughts begin to bombard your mind, thereby propelling His opinions and ideas to well up inside you. Proverbs 23:7 says as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. So if you’re going to live an unending life of victory and success, your thoughts must be in sync with God’s Word. Those thoughts must be pictures of the mind created by the Word of God. Pastor Chris teaches on the power of thoughts; they have constructive and destructive potentials.

So if you’d let the Word which is quick, powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12), dominate your thought processes, then nothing will be too difficult for you. You’ll walk in victory, success and dominion all through as your actions will be guided by the Spirit, producing for you Word-based results. Word-based thoughts produce Word-based actions, which in turn produce Word-based results.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the entrance of your Word brings light and understanding to my spirit. As I consciously meditate and make your Word the contemplation of my spirit, my mind is inundated with possibility thoughts, pictures and ideas; I see glory, excellence, success, victory and abundance only, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 23:7
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

Psalm 63:5-6
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 20:1-16
Reading plan Job 19-21

2 Year Bible Galatians 2:13-21
Reading Plan Isaiah 29

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2010
You Can Be The First…

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth… (Isaiah 43:19).

God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34), so what He does for one He’ll do for another under the same circumstances. However, even if He’s never done it for anyone, and you require it, He’ll do it for you!

“Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon; and Moon in the Valley of Aijalon.” So the Sun stood still, And the Moon stopped, Till the people had revenge Upon their enemies…” (Joshua 10:12-13 NKJV). Did you see that? God held the sun and the moon in place at Joshua’s word. In the same vein, when you decree a anything in the Name of Jesus, His power will back your word to make it happen (John 14:14).

In John 15:7 He said, “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” The Greek word translated “done” is ginomai, which means to be launched into history, come into existence, become. It will be produced even if it never existed before.

As a child of God, nothing should hinder you from accomplishing your dreams in life. Don’t allow the laws of your country limit you; don’t be constrained by the conventional thinking and beliefs predominant in your environment, or by the failures of those who were before you. Recognize that God can do a new thing through you! Remember, nobody had ever split a sea wide-open before Moses did; he was the first to do so. There’re lots of “firsts” with God, and you can be the first person through whom He’ll do new and glorious works in this time.

So, make up your mind to do the extraordinary and reach for the peak in whatever you do. Be determined to be a success for God, always winning for the King. Don’t remain at the level where you are for long; out-do your past and move ahead. Understand that you can lay hold on whatever miracle you desire in your life today.

Confession
I act on the Word of God continually, causing circumstances to conform to His Word for my life. I’m a success for Jesus, and I win for Him always. I refuse to be limited by contrary forces around me; I accomplish the impossible, I do the spectacular and reach for the peak in all my endeavours by the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Further Study
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 20:17-38
Reading plan Job 22-24

2 Year Bible Galatians 3:1-12
Reading Plan Isaiah 30

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:28am On Jul 12, 2010
Subject: Have Confidence In The Father’s Love – Monday July 12, 2010

Have Confidence In The Father’s Love

At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God (John 16:26-27).

God loves you with an everlasting love! This must be a conviction that’s deeply rooted in your heart. The Bible says, “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32). So you see, there’s absolutely nothing He wouldn’t give to you or do for you if you only ask Him.

Some people believe they aren’t worthy enough to speak to the Father directly so they go through intermediaries to get His attention. That’s wrong! Jesus said, “At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you. For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God” (John 16:26-27). Jesus made it abundantly clear here that He’ll not pray to the Father on our behalf. We must speak to the Father directly in Jesus’ Name. No wonder the Bible says, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace…” (Hebrews 4:16). Hallelujah!

Have confidence in the Father’s love. The Lord Jesus said, “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full” (John 16:24). In other words, your joy will be like a river overflowing its banks. So what are you going to do? Ask the Father whatever you desire in the Name of Jesus! He will do what you ask of Him for He loves you so much and will do anything for you.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the love which you have for me. Thank you, Father, for the privilege to ask and receive an answer, in the Name of Jesus. Now I can ask boldly and receive answers because of your love expressed in abundant grace towards us.

Further Study
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 21:17-36
Reading plan Job 29-31

2 Year Bible Galatians 3:23-29
Reading Plan Isaiah 32

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2010
Subject: Reign In The Greater Light Of Your Authority Over Satan – Tuesday July 13, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Reign In The Greater Light Of Your Authority Over Satan

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightening fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:18-19).

I remember reading a book a long time ago in which the author stated that we ought to talk to satan with some respect. I was surprised. “Dear God! Talk to satan with respect?” I thought. It’s obvious the author didn’t understand what the Lord Jesus meant when He said, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils…” (Mark 16:17). Notice that He didn’t say we should ask devils to go but to cast them out. “Kick out, throw out, chuck out, push out with force”; these are just some of the synonyms for “cast out.” Surely this isn’t a respectful way to treat someone.

You might be reading this and wondering, “But Pastor Chris, the Bible did say even Archangel Michael didn’t dare insult the devil amidst their dispute." you’re right but I want to explain why he had to address the devil in that manner. But first let's read the scripture you’re referring to: “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee” (Jude 1:9). Firstly, remember that this event took place before Jesus was born into the world. Secondly, at this time, satan still had the adamic authority which he stole from Adam in the Garden of Eden, when he disobeyed God and acted on satan’s rebellious words. Now adamic authority was higher that angelic authority. But Jesus died and resurrected, He gave us a higher authority than what Adam had or what satan received from Adam.

The Bible says that when Jesus died, we died with Him. When He was buried, we were buried with Him. When God raised Him up, we were raised together with Him. And now we’re seated together with Him in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:5-6). That’s our authority! Our authority is not that of religious person; our authority is that of the blessed Jesus Christ, the Son of God; we function in His Name.

Several years ago, an evil spirit walked into the room while I was sleeping. Immediately, my eyes opened, I turned to him and I started to say, “In the…” I didn’t get to finish my statement before he disappeared. Hallelujah! So, if satan showed up in your room, don’t be perturbed; rather, tell him to get out, and he will (James 4:7). We are superior to satan; the Lord Jesus has given us complete authority over him and his cohorts (Luke 10:18-19). Therefore, reign in that greater revelation of your authority over him every day.

Confession
Thank you Lord for the ability to function in the Name of Jesus; in Him I live, and move and have my being. Therefore, I am not afraid of satan and his schemes because I’m seated with my Lord Jesus Christ, far above all principalities and powers, Hallelujah!

Further Study
Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 21:37-22:21
Reading plan Job 32-35

2 Year Bible Galatians 4:1-11
Reading Plan Isaiah 33

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:40am On Jul 14, 2010
Subject: Reign In The Greater Light Of Your Authority Over Satan – Tuesday July 13, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Reign In The Greater Light Of Your Authority Over Satan

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightening fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:18-19).

I remember reading a book a long time ago in which the author stated that we ought to talk to satan with some respect. I was surprised. “Dear God! Talk to satan with respect?” I thought. It’s obvious the author didn’t understand what the Lord Jesus meant when He said, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils…” (Mark 16:17). Notice that He didn’t say we should ask devils to go but to cast them out. “Kick out, throw out, chuck out, push out with force”; these are just some of the synonyms for “cast out.” Surely this isn’t a respectful way to treat someone.

You might be reading this and wondering, “But Pastor Chris, the Bible did say even Archangel Michael didn’t dare insult the devil amidst their dispute." you’re right but I want to explain why he had to address the devil in that manner. But first let's read the scripture you’re referring to: “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee” (Jude 1:9). Firstly, remember that this event took place before Jesus was born into the world. Secondly, at this time, satan still had the adamic authority which he stole from Adam in the Garden of Eden, when he disobeyed God and acted on satan’s rebellious words. Now adamic authority was higher that angelic authority. But Jesus died and resurrected, He gave us a higher authority than what Adam had or what satan received from Adam.

The Bible says that when Jesus died, we died with Him. When He was buried, we were buried with Him. When God raised Him up, we were raised together with Him. And now we’re seated together with Him in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:5-6). That’s our authority! Our authority is not that of religious person; our authority is that of the blessed Jesus Christ, the Son of God; we function in His Name.

Several years ago, an evil spirit walked into the room while I was sleeping. Immediately, my eyes opened, I turned to him and I started to say, “In the…” I didn’t get to finish my statement before he disappeared. Hallelujah! So, if satan showed up in your room, don’t be perturbed; rather, tell him to get out, and he will (James 4:7). We are superior to satan; the Lord Jesus has given us complete authority over him and his cohorts (Luke 10:18-19). Therefore, reign in that greater revelation of your authority over him every day.

Confession
Thank you Lord for the ability to function in the Name of Jesus; in Him I live, and move and have my being. Therefore, I am not afraid of satan and his schemes because I’m seated with my Lord Jesus Christ, far above all principalities and powers, Hallelujah!

Further Study
Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 21:37-22:21
Reading plan Job 32-35

2 Year Bible Galatians 4:1-11
Reading Plan Isaiah 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2010
Subject: Born Into Royalty! – Sunday July 18, 2010

Born Into Royalty!

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High (Psalm 82:6).

Once, the Children of Israel demanded of God a king to rule over them. According to the Scriptures, God was dissatisfied with their requests (1 Samuel 8:5-9), because in reality, He was their King. His plan was to make them a nation of royals.

In Exodus 19:5-6, God said: “Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.” However, they couldn’t walk as kings because they erred. You know, man lost his right to the world when Adam committed high treason and gave satan dominion over it. But then Jesus came, died, went to hell to whip the devil and took back the authority from satan (Colossians 2:15). Afterwards, He rose triumphantly from the grave and ascended into heaven.

Now that He’s risen from the dead, the Bible says He has made us kings and priests like Himself unto God: “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen” (Revelation 1:6). Here, Jesus brought us the right of kingship. We didn’t need to obey any Law like the Israelites to be made kings. Being born again, you’re born a king; you’re born into royalty. You belong in the royal family of the Monarch of the universe. No wonder Peter says “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye may shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light”

Kings give birth to kings, lords give birth to lords. You are God’s offspring; therefore you’re born a king and not a commoner. You’re not a pauper. Be aware of your heritage. Walk in this consciousness. Take full advantage of your kingly ministry as a believer. Kings reign; therefore reign in life as the king that you are, and the devil, his cohorts, and the forces of nature will respond to your decrees!

Confession
As Jesus is the begotten of the Father, so am I. Therefore, I am reigning in life, exercising dominion over all the forces of nature and authority over circumstances to bring them into union with the Father’s will. My words are backed with power to alter negative situations. Every word that I speak comes to pass, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ecclesiastes 8:4
Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?
Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

Job 22:28
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 25:13-26:1
Reading plan Psalms 11-16

2 Year Bible Galatians 5:20-26
Reading Plan Isaiah 38

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2010
Subject: Take Advantage Of The Corporate Unction – Tuesday July 20, 2010

Take Advantage Of The Corporate Unction

Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities … (Isaiah 33:20).

The Bible refers to Zion as the city of our solemnities, meaning our place of gathering, or our meeting place as believers. A good example of this is the local church or specially organized meetings where believers gather in God’s presence to worship and fellowship with the Word, the Spirit and one another. When we come together as God’s children, a corporate anointing comes into operation by the Spirit, bringing about the miraculous, establishing the joy and peace of God in our hearts. It’s important that you avail yourself of these precious moments so you don’t miss out on the blessings of God for you. At such gatherings, you’re able to receive God’s answers to questions in your heart, and take advantage of the corporate anointing to lay hold on whatever kind of a miracle you so desire.

For instance, in the twenty-fourth verse of Isaiah 33, the Bible says, “And the inhabitant (of Zion) shall not say, I am sick…” In other words, sickness would cease to be a part of your life as you fellowship constantly with other believers. Maybe there was a tumour growing on your body: As you worship with fellow Christians in the church, the tumour simply dissolves. Sometimes, you don’t even notice immediately what the Spirit of God has already accomplished in you under such a corporate unction; but you discover in due course that the symptoms you used to have are no longer present.

As a Christian, if you’re going to walk in God’s unusual blessings continually, you must learn to take advantage of the corporate anointing through fellowship with other Christians. The Bible rightly instructs us: “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25). So, I encourage you today to get committed in the local church by being present and active at the church services and other meetings duly scheduled by the church. This makes you more effective in your Christian walk, and helps you live victoriously.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for enlightening my spirit on the great importance of having constant fellowship with other believers. I’m taking advantage of the corporate anointing as I yield myself to live by your instructions. I’m continually uplifted, strengthened and renewed in worship with fellow believers, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 14:26
How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 26:19-32
Reading plan Psalms 19-20

2 Year Bible Galatians 6:10-18
Reading Plan Isaiah 40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2010
Subject: The Greater Truth Of Our Relationship With The Lord – Thursday July 22, 2010

The Greater Truth Of Our Relationship With The Lord

Jesus saith unto her, go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God (John 20:17).

One day, while talking to His disciples, Jesus said to them, “Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I made known unto you” (John 15:14-15). I can imagine they felt elated to have Him call them friends; they had moved a step higher from being mere servants or followers to becoming friends with the Lord.

Living a victorious and successful life in Christ depends on your understanding of the essence of your relationship with the Lord. Sadly, many Christians are either misinformed or completely ignorant of the kind of relationship we have with the Lord today in the New Testament. We’re much more than followers, servants, friends, or ambassadors of Christ, for these are lesser truths. The greater truth of our relationship with the Lord is our oneness with Him - we’re His body! We’re members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones (Ephesians 5:30).

In John 15:5, Jesus reiterated our oneness with Him when He said, “I am the vine, ye are the branches…” This is a greater truth about your relationship with Him. It implies that you have the same life with Jesus, because life comes through the vine into the branches. This is the reason the Word declares: “know ye not that your bodies are members of Christ? (1 Corinthians 6:15). And “ye are the body of Christ and members in particular” (1 Corinthians 12:27).

His death and resurrection paved way for a new relationship with the Father. Thus, everyone that receives salvation is automatically awakened to the fatherhood of God, having the same kind of life, nature and Spirit of God. How awesome!

Being a servant or friend of God is wonderful, but if you’re born again, you’re more than a servant and more than a friend. You're the very offspring of Divinity. You're now an heir of God, and a joint heir with Christ (Romans 8:17). Stand tall today in Christ, for He loves to be identified with you and has brought you into oneness with Himself. This is the greater truth of your relationship with the Lord; walk in it!

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the oneness I share with divinity and for the eternal life that flows in me as a result of this oneness. Therefore, no sickness, diseases or infirmity can stay in my body. I’m living a successful, healthy and victorious life because I’m one with your Spirit and failure has no association with me; glory to God. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 2:10-11
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Ephesians 5:30
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 27:27-44
Reading plan Psalms 23-25

2 Year Bible Ephesians 1:15-23
Reading Plan Isaiah 42

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by fyi(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2010
9ce work, Mabel Digha
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2010
Your Real Citizenship!

But there’s far more to life for us. We’re citizens of high heaven! We’re waiting the arrival of the Saviour, the Master, Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:30 MSG).

When you were born again, your citizenship changed instantly! Your real citizenship is not the one on your international passport, because having been born again, the Bible says “ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God” (Ephesians 2:19). Your real citizenship is in heaven. The Message Translation puts it this way: “…You're no longer wandering exiles. This kingdom of faith is now your home country. You're no longer strangers or outsiders. You belong here, with as much right to the name Christian as anyone… (Ephesians 2:19).

Hebrews 12:22-24 says, “you have come to Mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem…” Zion – the heavenly Jerusalem is your new country – your new land of nativity. How it pays to know that you’re a citizen of the heavenly country!

Jesus said to the Jews “Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world!” (John 8:23). He knew where He came from. Though He was physically in the earth, He was conscious of His real citizenship – Zion – the heavenly Jerusalem. This should be your thinking as well. Let it dawn on you that you’re a citizen of Zion!

Zion is the beautiful country of God’s beloved people, and that’s where you belong. There’s no failure, recession, or poverty in that country! There’s no sickness there; no wonder the Bible says those that dwell therein, shall not say “I am sick” (Isaiah 33:24). Refuse to be subject to the principles of this world’s system. In this heavenly country where you now belong, what you have is divine health, prosperity, peace and success! Be conscious of this today and always.

Confession
I know my divine origin; I’m from Zion, the city of the living God. Therefore, I cannot be subject to the principles of this world’s system. I am a heavenly citizen, seated together with Christ in the heavenly realms! Hallelujah.

Further Study
Ephesians 2:19
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 28:1-16
Reading plan Psalms 26-29

2 Year Bible Ephesians 2:1-10
Reading Plan Isaiah 44

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:57am On Jul 24, 2010
Perform Your Spiritual Obligations To Your Family

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (1 Timothy 5:cool.

One of the hallmarks of a truly responsible adult is the ability to live up to obligations in the home; the ability to cater for those who live with you, or those you live with as the case may be. Every responsible adult, especially parents, ought to cater for the family by ensuring the house is purveyed, bills are paid and so on. Even when they’re not around, they ought to make their presence felt at home by leaving some funds for the upkeep of the family.

These qualities, as good as they are, cover just an aspect of your true responsibility to your family. The same way you have natural obligations to your family, you also have divine obligations to them. No matter how well you take care of them financially, what should be paramount to you is their spiritual wellbeing, for if this is well taken care of, your family will know nothing but prosperity and joy.

It’s just like a mother who’s planning a summer trip for her kids. The kids only enjoy their vacation if they’re in sound health. Thus it’s their mother’s responsibility to constantly declare God’s Word concerning them so they’ll remain in good health. That’s more important than any physical gift she can get them.

Have you carried out your spiritual assignment to your household lately? Have you told your beloved parents about Jesus? Are your siblings born again? When last did you pray for your spouse? In Joshua 24:15, Joshua said, “…as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” You should be able to say the same about your family; it’s time to carry out your divine assignment!

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me a sense of responsibility to perform my obligations to my family. I commit myself today to pay attention to that which is most important – their spiritual wellbeing – knowing that it will in turn affect everything about them, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Genesis 18:17-19
And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Acts 28:17-31
Reading plan Psalms 30-31

2 Year Bible Ephesians 2:11-22
Reading Plan Isaiah 45

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2010
Subject: Be Bold About Your Identity – Tuesday July 27, 2010

Be Bold About Your Identity

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels (Luke 9:26).

The first step of identity is openly declaring that you’re a Christian. But some people already have trouble in letting everyone know they are identified with Christ. They don’t want anyone to know who they are. Such people are those who wouldn’t be bold enough to announce to their friends and family members that they have received Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Some have refused to tell their colleagues or friends for fear of being rejected. You can’t live a successful Christian life that way!

If you’re ashamed to let your friends, family or colleagues know that you’re born again, Jesus said that He also would be ashamed to acknowledge you before God the Father and the angels. I’m sure you don’t want that. Therefore, announce to them and say “Look here, everybody, I’m born again.” That’s the first step to victory. If you desire to enjoy the benefits of salvation to the fullest and you want to be committed to Christ, you have to be bold about your identity in Him.

Your first declaration of who you are produces a new identity. Also, when you declare who you are before men, the power of God is released through you into your world creating the right atmosphere around you that will enhance your spiritual growth. Remember, whatever you announce with your mouth is what people will actually call you. For me, it’s a thing of honour and joy to be identified with Jesus. Irrespective of what anyone thinks, Christians have the most sublime identity. I always walk tall wherever I am, eager to let those around me know that I’m a believer in Jesus Christ.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I’m thankful for the courage that your Word has inspired within me. I’m confident about my identity in Christ, and I’m bold in declaring it to my world. My faith increases, and I wax stronger spiritually as I proclaim my identity to all. Christ in me brings strength and courage into my spirit. Praise God!

Further Study
Luke 12:8-9
And I say unto you, Every one who shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: but he that denieth me in the presence of men shall be denied in the presence of the angels of God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Romans 2
Reading plan Psalms 38-41

2 Year Bible Ephesians 4:1-10
Reading Plan Isaiah 48

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:41am On Jul 30, 2010
Subject: Work The Word! – Friday July 30, 2010

Work The Word!

Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! (James 1:22 MSG).

God’s Word is powerful – having the ability to produce in you what it talks about. Nonetheless, the fact that it’s spoken by God to you doesn’t guarantee that you’d see the results. God’s Word can only produce what it talks about when you work it out. It’s like a seed, and for any seed to germinate, the right environment and conditions necessary for germination must be present. In the same way, God’s Word to you won’t produce any result except you create the right environment – the environment of faith. You must believe the Word and act on it!

Abraham is an example of someone in the Bible who worked the Word. In Genesis 17:5, the Lord had told him “Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.” At this time, Abraham and his wife Sarah were already well-advanced in age, Abraham being about a hundred years old, while Sarah was ninety. Besides being barren, Sarah had well gone into menopause, the age where it wasn’t even naturally possible for her to conceive anymore. But Abraham worked the Word. The Bible says “…he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though were.” (Romans 4:17).

Abraham created the right environment for what God had told him to come to pass. He believed and gave glory to God, calling himself what God had called him – father of many! He worked out his salvation as admonished in Philippians 2:12: “…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” You work out your salvation by putting to work in your own life what God has said concerning you. When you personalize God’s Word; when you apprehend it and appropriate it for yourself, it becomes a reality in your life! And like Abraham, you’d get the desired results.

That transformation you desire in your finances, health and family are dependent on you, not God, The Psalmist says “For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven” (Psalm 119:89). His Word is settled in heaven, but you must settle it on earth through your faith.

Confession
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that has brought light and understanding to me. I consciously meditate on your Word, working it out by declaring what I believe. I see a great harvest of my believing and declarations of the Word in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Romans 5:1-11
Reading plan Psalms 49-51

2 Year Bible Ephesians 4:25-32
Reading Plan Isaiah 51

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:37am On Aug 01, 2010
Subject: Live For The Gospel – Sunday August 1, 2010

Live For The Gospel

Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city. And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them (Acts 18:9-11).

The most precious and influential people in the sight of God are soul winners. As a soul winner, the Lord is your defence; He divinely protects you against evil and shields you from the attacks of the enemy. See how in our opening scripture He bolstered the Apostle Paul’s confidence and urged him not to let anyone or anything intimidate him into refusing to preach the gospel. He gave him the assurance that nothing and no one could hurt or harm him as he went about fulfilling his call to take the gospel to the Gentiles.

You too must make your life count in the Kingdom of God by reaching out to the lost. What else could a Christian possibly live for, if not the gospel? The Lord Jesus said to the Apostle Paul “I’ve got a lot of people to be reached in this city, and I need you to reach them for me, and as you do, I’ll protect you” (Acts 18:9-10).

God’s got super protection for your life as you go about His business of reaching the lost. No wonder He says seek first the Kingdom and its expansion and all other things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33). Let everything you do in life result in Kingdom expansion. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you are, be committed to the spread of the gospel. That way, God sees to your protection, your prosperity and ensures you’re successful in every area of your life.

God needs you; He’s kept you on this earth because He has a lot of people He wants to reach through you. Take the gospel to your world. Keep sharing the good news with those around you, for necessity is laid upon you to preach the gospel. Therefore, do it with courage, boldness and confidence! (1 Corinthians 9:16).

Prayer
Dear Father, I declare that my life is for your glory, and that through me the good news of salvation will spread to many. I ask that you guide me today to the people and places where you’ve ordained for your Word to be preached through me, and that as I proclaim the gospel, miracles of salvation and blessings will take place in the lives of my hearers, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Jeremiah 1:4-8
Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Romans 6:1-14
Reading plan Psalms 56-59

2 Year Bible Ephesians 5:9-16
Reading Plan Isaiah 52

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2010
--------------------
Subject: Train Yourself In The Faith-life – Friday August 13, 2010

Train Yourself In The Faith-life

For physical training is of some value (useful for a little), but godliness (spiritual training) is useful and of value in everything and in every way, for it holds promise for the present life and also for the life which is to come (1 Timothy 4:8 AMP).

Just like physical principles, you have to learn and apply the principles of the Kingdom to have them work for you. The principle of faith for instance, is one you must constantly practise to have it operative in your life. Perhaps, when you started learning the Word of faith, you didn’t quite get the kind of results you desired each time you demonstrated your faith. As in other things we desire perfection, keep training yourself in the faith life. Learn more of God’s Word and how to put your faith to work. Soon, you’ll have a more productive faith-life.

You can train your faith to accomplish anything. In the area of your finances for instance, you can watch yourself grow from one level to another. Imagine if acting your faith, you said you would receive a certain sum of money in a month’s time, but you ended up receiving it after six months; don’t feel bad. Instead, say “Next time, I’ll get it right.” Then immediately begin to study the Word voraciously, and demonstrate your faith at every opportunity. That way, you’ll be training your faith to grow and accomplish bigger things.

This is not only applicable to your finances, but to every area of life – your health, academics, marriage, etc. You can train your faith with the Word so much that you know, of a truth, that nothing is impossible for you. So keep growing your faith! Feed on the right spiritual materials. Take advantage of every opportunity to practise your faith, and not only will your faith grow rapidly and mightily, it will prevail against all odds and adversities of life.

Confession
My faith is working and producing results today! I refuse to remain at the lower levels of faith; rather as I exercise my faith-muscles by learning, meditating on, and doing the Word, my faith grows rapidly and prevails, and I move from glory to glory. Hallelujah!

Further Study
1 Timothy 4:8
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 15:5-13
Reading plan Psalms 94-98

2 Year Bible Philippians 2:19-30
Reading Plan Isaiah 64
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:59am On Aug 15, 2010
Subject: God Loves YOU! – Sunday August 15, 2010

God Loves YOU!

God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life… (John 3:16 CEV).

John 3:16 is probably the most popular verse in the Bible, but many haven’t understood the power of the verse. What world did God love? Was it the hills and the mountains? Was it the vegetation and the rivers? It was none of these. He loved the world of human beings, as sinful and wicked as they were! Doesn’t it amaze you that even when Adam sinned back in the Garden, it was still God who came looking for him (Genesis 3)? Adam was hiding from God, because he had sinned, yet God still covered his unclothedness with animal skin, showing that he loved him.

The Bible says, “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins” (1 John 4:10). So clearly, God demonstrated His great and boundless love for us, while we were yet in sin. You may be reading this today and perhaps you’re not born again and you’re wondering, “Can God possibly love someone like me?” Emphatically yes! No matter what kind of life you may have lived, He wants you today.

Now that you know how much God loved the world of sinners, think about how much more He loves those who are born of Him! The Bible says “if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life” (Romans 5:10). If He loved the world of wicked men, He loves His kids even more. He does all the wonderful things He does for us not because of our good deeds, but because of how much He loves us! How amazing that He didn’t even wait for you to pray to Him and ask for your sins to be forgiven before He sent Jesus Christ to die for you. That’s how much He loves you!

I want you today to have faith in His love for you, and live with the confident assurance that He loves you. His love for you is absolutely beyond human comprehension! No wonder the Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul prayed that we may comprehend the immensity of God’s love (Ephesians 3:18-19).

Prayer
Thank you heavenly Father for your great love for me; my heart is established and rooted in your love, which indeed is higher than the mountains and deeper than the oceans! I’m so glad that you sent Jesus to die for me as a demonstration of your love for me. I rejoice in your love today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 16
Reading plan Psalms 102-103

2 Year Bible Philippians 3:13-21
Reading Plan Isaiah 66

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE JESUS THE LORD OF YOUR LIFE I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO PRAY THE FOLLOWING PRAYER OUT LOUD:

"O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, ", whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" ( Acts 2.21)
I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved,"
I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! (1 John 4:4)
I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

CONGRATULATIONS!!

You are now a child of God!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2010
The Power Of The Gospel - Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

The salvation and well-being of mankind is the most important thing on God’s mind. He’s most concerned about people, and that’s the reason He gave His Son to be crucified for the sins of men. Jesus came to mend broken hearts, heal the sick, give hope to downcast, strengthen the weak and make sinners become the righteousness of God. The Bible states: “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved” (John 3:17).

2 Peter 3:9 says, God “…is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” He desires to have all men come to the knowledge of His saving power, which is the gospel of Christ. The opening scripture says the gospel “…is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth…” (Romans 1:16). In other words, God can’t rescue anyone without the gospel; all of His power is wrapped up in the gospel, and it works only for the man who believes. If you believe it, it’ll certainly work for you!

However, you must realize that salvation is a big word! It’s a singular term that expresses everything that Christ’s redemption entails. Simply put, to be saved means that you’ve received eternal-life, the all conquering life of God! No longer are you subject to satan’s authority; you’re free from sickness, disease, infirmity or any form of bondage.

As Christians, however, not only are we supposed to enjoy the benefits of salvation, we ought to spread the news around the world. When Jesus instructed us to go into all the nations and preach the gospel (Matthew 28:19-20), He wasn’t just referring to countries; He was talking about different ethno-systems – the world of bankers, lawyers, students, traders, academicians etc.

Therefore, no matter what you’re involved in, let soul-winning be your passion. Identify your place wherever you are and reach out to those in your sphere of contact. Remember, the gospel is God’s only saving power to the sinner.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for my salvation. Not only do I enjoy the blessings of it; I’m committed to spreading the news to those in my sphere of contact. I’m impacting my world with the power of the gospel! Through me, many souls are won into the Kingdom, for my life is a revelation of the love of God.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 5:17-21
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Daily Scripture Reading
1Year Bible 1 Corinthians 4
Reading plan Psalms 113-116

2 Year Bible Colossians 1:1-8
Reading Plan Jeremiah 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2010
The Source Of True Power!

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you… (Acts 1:cool.

From the words of Jesus above, we discover the source of true power, and how we can receive that power into our lives: It’s by receiving the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the embodiment of all power. Many people today are seeking for power in the wrong places. How sad! There’s no power in the cults or in any of the religions of the world. There’s no power outside of the Holy Spirit; He’s the power of God.

If you’re born again, and have received the Holy Spirit into your life, then you’ve received power; He is the power-giver. He imbues you with the divine enablement to accomplish any task and change any hopeless situation. The question is, have you been born again? Have you received the Holy Spirit? If you have then you don’t need any other power. You don’t need to ask God for more power. The power-giver Himself lives in you. That means you can never de disadvantaged anymore.

No wonder the Apostle Paul said “I can do all things through Christ…” (Philippians 4:13); he didn’t say “O God I pray you’ll give me power to do all things.” The power you need is the Holy Spirit. This is why it’s compulsory for every Christian to receive the Holy Spirit. If you want the glory of God to be seen in your life; if you want to walk in dominion over the devil, sickness, disease, infirmities and death, then you must have the Holy Spirit. When you have Him, you have all the power you’ll ever need to effect changes in your world.

No matter the challenges you face in life, you have the power to crush every adversity. Nothing is impossible unto you; you can change hopeless situations because you’re anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power.

Confession
Thank you heavenly Father, for you precious Holy Spirit, who lives in me! I recognize that I have the ability to effect changes in my life, and in my world, because you’ve anointed me with the Holy Spirit and with power!

Further Study
Micah 3:8
But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Daily Scripture Reading
1Year Bible 1 Corinthians 5
Reading plan Psalms 117-118

2 Year Bible Colossians 1:9-18
Reading Plan Jeremiah 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2010
Subject: You're Here For A Purpose – Sunday August 22, 2010 - Pastor Chris

You're Here For A Purpose – Sunday August 22, 2010

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee (Acts 26:16).

A lot of people live very dull and uninspiring lives. They drift along in life, living without any sense of purpose. You were born for a purpose, and it’s important to discover your purpose in life. God put you on earth for a reason, for a definite purpose.

You might want to ask, “So what’s my purpose? Why am I here?” To find the answers to these questions, you’ll first have to understand what the word “purpose” means. Purpose is an idea or aim kept in the mind as the goal towards which one’s efforts are directed. It’s a definite intention; the object or reason for which something exists or is done.

Jesus was on earth for a specific purpose and He wasn’t in doubt as to what that purpose was. In John 10:10, He established His purpose: “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” He knew He didn’t just come to the world to look around and die; His whole life was in pursuit of a purpose – to save and give life to all men.

In John 20:21, the Lord said, “Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” Thus, this is now your purpose; you’ve been sent to reach all men with the gospel of life. The day you gave your heart to Christ, He gave you His kind of thinking and made you a saviour just like Him: “And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the Lord’s” (Obadiah 1:21). So, let your whole life be in pursuit of this purpose; be passionate about the enthronement of God’s Kingdom in the hearts of men, and its expansion to the ends of the earth. That way, your life will take on a whole new meaning.

Confession
I’m a missionary Christian; I’m on a mission from God to reach and give all men life with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I refuse to be encumbered by the cares of this life but rather give myself totally to the pursuit of my divine purpose.

Further Study
1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Isaiah 42:5-7
Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 1 Corinthians 7
Reading plan Psalms 119-113-176

2 Year Bible Colossians 2:1-7
Reading Plan Jeremiah 7

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2010
Subject: Faith Always Works! – Wednesday September 8, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Faith Always Works!

NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses] (Hebrews 11:1 AMP).

Sometimes, people have a little confusion about what faith is. You hear them make statements like, “But I believed! I actually had faith, how come it didn’t work?” The truth is, you actually were still in the arena of believing, and not of faith. Believing is not faith. If what you had was faith then it ought to work, for faith always works.

The Bible describes faith for us as the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1). That means faith calls real what you hope for; those things you’ve been expecting, that looked so far away, have now become your present-hour possessions, not because you can now physically touch them, but because faith sees them as real. Faith is the evidence that you have them now, even if they’re invisible to the physical eyes; faith is all the proof you need.

Through faith, your spirit takes a hold of something you’ve hoped for and lays claim to it. That’s when you declare, “I got it!” From then on, never say you didn’t get it. If at the point of faith, you declared you were healed, you don’t have to keep checking your body to see whether or not the condition has changed, or whether the symptoms have disappeared. That wouldn’t be necessary, for the evidence you need to prove you’re healed is not the disappearance of the symptom, but the Word of faith in your spirit.

No one who has faith should say “I don’t know why it’s not working.” Thinking that way is proof that it wasn’t faith. Faith isn’t when you’re trying to believe for something; rather, it’s the acknowledgement that what you’ve been hoping for has become yours. It doesn’t matter if your physical eyes can’t see it; what matters is the reality of it in your spirit.

Confession
My faith is alive and working. I refuse to entertain doubts in my heart, for I know faith always works. My faith is the victory that overcomes the world; it’s also the only proof I require to know that the things I’ve hoped for are now my present-hour possessions.

Further Study
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Romans 4:16-22
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 7:2-16
Reading plan Proverbs 22-23

2 Year Bible 2 Thessalonians 2:1-10
Reading Plan Jeremiah 26

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:42am On Sep 11, 2010
Subject: Be Passionate About Spiritual Things – Saturday. September 11, 2010

Be Passionate About Spiritual Things

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

The life of faith we’ve been called to as Christians is a spiritual one, hence you must be passionate about spiritual things. There’re certain important things you must do to be ruled by the Spirit of God. Firstly, you’ve got to study the Word to know it. This way, you’ll become familiar with the voice of God’s Spirit.

Secondly, you have to train your spirit to respond to God by acting on the Word promptly without delay. Back in the Old Testament, God instructed the children of Israel not to delay. He said, “be not slothful to possess the land” (Joshua 18:3). In other words, don’t be slack or slothful. This in a sense parallels His admonition in Romans 12:11: “Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord.”

Thirdly, have a clear desire to grow spiritually, and focus on spiritual things. Besides praying fervently and studying the Bible regularly, make attending church services, meetings and programs in your local assembly a top priority. The Bible says “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25).

Stressing the importance of being passionate about spiritual things, Jesus said in Mathew 5:6 “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.” The proof of desire is pursuit; you can’t really desire something and not go for it. If you’re truly hungry and passionate for spiritual things your hunger will be satisfied. So have a burning zeal to grow in the things of God. Pursue your desire for God with your resources such as time, money and attention, and prayer.

This is important because what you desire is not just going to show up except you pursue it. All of these will help you drown the voice of the flesh, and the Spirit will gain the mastery in your life. The voice of God’s Spirit will be clearer to you, and you’d live the glorious life every day.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for your Word is a light unto me; it clears the darkness from my path and enriches me daily. I thank you for showing me how to live the victorious life. I live by faith and not by sensory perceptions. I dominate the circumstances of my life today and declare that all things are working together for my good, in the mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:5-8
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 11:1-15
Reading plan Proverbs 29-31

2 Year Bible 2 Thessalonians 3:11-18
Reading Plan Jeremiah 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:08am On Sep 13, 2010
Subject: Believe And Do The Word! – Monday September 13, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Believe And Do The Word!

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22).

A young man once asked me, “Pastor Chris how can I make the Word of God effective in my life?” This question is quite similar to the one the Jews put to Jesus in John 6:28-29: “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” Believing the Word, and then doing what it says is the way to make the Word effective in your life. It’s not enough to believe the Word, you must act on it. Acting on God’s Word is what faith is.

To believe in the Word is to believe in Jesus, for Jesus is the living Word. Doing the Word is proof that you believe it. Jesus said if you love me keep my Word (John 14:15); that means do my Word. The Word of God is for doing. It has the potentiality and capacity to reproduce itself and bring about whatever it talks about if we act on it.

The blessings and vital experience of the realities of the Word of God is for the doer. The Apostle James revealed this in his epistle: “But whose looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed” (James 1:25). The blessing is in doing the Word, not just believing it. Believing is not enough, for the Bible says even the devils believe and tremble (James 2:19).

God’s Word has creative power that comes into effect once ignited by the force of faith! So hearing the Word produces faith in you, for faith comes by hearing (Romans 10:17); but acting on it causes your life to move from glory to glory.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me a partaker of your life-changing Word. I’m made a better person daily by the power of your Word. The Word is working mightily in my life because I’m a doer and not just a hearer. I thank you for empowering me to impact my world for Jesus Christ through the power of your Word and your Spirit working effectually in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

Further Study
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

James 1:22-24
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 12
Reading plan Ecclesiastes 3-5

2 Year Bible 1 Timothy 1:8-14
Reading Plan Jeremiah 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:26am On Sep 14, 2010
Subject: Faith Makes The Difference – Tuesday September 14, 2010 - Pastor Chris

Faith Makes The Difference

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:24).

Some Christians have asked “how do I receive answers to prayers?” “I’ve prayed and prayed and yet nothing happened,” they’ve complained. Some, in frustration, have given up on prayer completely. If only these folks understood the faith-principle, they wouldn’t experience such frustrations.

God didn’t say if you pray hard enough He’ll answer you; rather, He says “whatever you desire when you pray, believe that you receive them and you shall have them.” (Mark 11:24). That’s what faith is all about. You must understand that your requests in prayer don’t take God by surprise; He doesn’t start considering whether or not to answer you at the time when you’re praying. Matthew 6:8 says “…your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.”

If He already knew what you wanted before you asked, it means He already had the answer prepared. So, what is needed to make the answer real to you is your faith. That’s what makes the difference! In addition, in Luke 12:32, Jesus, assuring us of the Father’s willingness, eagerness and readiness to answer our prayers said, “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” Therefore, if you asked for something and didn’t get the answer when you wanted it, the problem wasn’t with God answering your prayer, perhaps you didn’t know how to receive.

God already said when you ask, believe that you receive and you shall have. So, when you put up a request before God, receive what you’re asking for by declaring, “Father I’ve asked for such-and-such, therefore I receive it now in the Name of Jesus.”

Remember, you don’t say” I receive it,” so that you can have it; you receive it because you know and trust that it’s yours NOW! That’s faith at work. Faith doesn’t try to get something to happen; faith knows and accepts that it has happened and therefore confesses and endorses it to be so NOW!

Confession
I live and walk by faith and not by sight; I’m not moved by what I see, feel or hear; I’m moved only by the Word of God! I declare that my life is going forward and upward only and nothing is impossible unto me. Hallelujah!

Further Study
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Mark 11:23-24
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible 2 Corinthians 13
Reading plan Ecclesiastes 6-8

2 Year Bible 1 Timothy 1:15-20
Reading Plan Jeremiah 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2010
The Victory Of Christ’s Sacrifice

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works (Titus 2:13-14).

There’re those who ignorantly weep over the sufferings of Christ on the Cross for us, lamenting what pain and humiliation He suffered for our sakes. Yes, Christ suffered for us on the Cross, but that suffering brought us life eternal, and ushered us into the life of victory. It was God-ordained that Christ should suffer and the result of His suffering be glory, victory, success and prosperity for us all: “Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow” (1 Peter 1:11).

So, rather than lament we ought to celebrate that Jesus died for us; we ought to declare, everyday, the victory of His death. Jesus didn’t die for nothing; His death gave mankind victory over sin and its attendant effects. By hanging on the Cross as God’s sacrifice for sin, He took your place and gave you the victory. Now, God wants you not only to proclaim that victory, but to live every day in the victory of His death, burial and glorious resurrection.

This means if you were lying on a sickbed, it’s time to get up for you’ve been healed in Christ. The same goes for poverty; it shouldn’t take a hold of you anymore for Jesus took your place of poverty on the Cross and gave you prosperity: “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich” (2 Corinthians 8:9). You can live absolutely debt-free now because the Lord supplies all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus!

In everything about your life, change has come because of the victory of Christ’s sacrifice. If you’ve desired to have children, but the doctors have said you couldn’t because there’s something wrong with your womb, change has come. Now you can, for Jesus has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. Even if you wanted your hair to grow longer or you wanted a better job – there’re no limitations for you anymore following the victory of Christ’s sacrifice.

Your total salvation – joy, health, peace, prosperity, progress, success and victory – is the reason for the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. Live with this consciousness today

Prayer
Dear Father, I can’t thank you enough for the vicarious sacrifice of Jesus for me on the Cross which has made a champion and victor of me! Thank you Lord, for bringing me out of darkness into your marvellous light, where I reign and rule as a king in this life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Ephesians 2:4-5
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Galatians 1
Reading plan Ecclesiastes 9-12

2 Year Bible 1 Timothy 2:1-15
Reading Plan Jeremiah 33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2010
Subject: Give No Place To Sickness In Your Body! – Monday September 20, 2010

Give No Place To Sickness In Your Body!

What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (1 Corinthians 6:19).

As a believer in Christ, your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. But you’re the custodian or caretaker of your body. Thus, you have the right to determine what happens to, and in, your physical body.

As the watchman over your body, it’s your responsibility to give no place to sickness in your body, for you stand to give account to God for whatever you allow or disallow in your physical body. You're to permit in your body only those things that are consistent with the Word of God for your life. That means you’re to give no place to sickness, disease or infirmity in your body!

Sickness cannot stay in your body if you don’t allow it. Your body can only get sick when you endorse sickness, for until you endorse it, it’s nothing but a mirage. No wonder the Bible says they that dwell in Zion shall not say “I am sick” (Isaiah 33:24). So as one who’s born again refuse to be sick. Take charge and rule over your body with the Word of God; refuse to yield your body to sickness.

When you see the symptoms of sickness in your body, refuse to consider them for they’re nothing but lying vanities. They only become real when you say they are, because what you say is what you get. This is what the Word of God teaches in Mark 11:23. “…he shall have whatsoever he saith.” Therefore, never say “I have headaches.” or “I have the flu,” or “I’ve got migraines,” or “I have diabetes”; never endorse sickness.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, how gracious and loving you are to me. Thank you for making my body the temple of your Spirit. I’m continually strengthened with might in my inner man as the anointing of your Spirit runs through every fibre of my being, making me sickness and disease-free, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Galatians 4:21-5:15
Reading plan Joel

2 Year Bible 1 Timothy 5:1-10
Reading Plan Jeremiah 38

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:50am On Sep 22, 2010
Subject: Do A Word-check! – Wednesday September 22, 2010

Do A Word-check!

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

Some Christians live very difficult lives and never seem to understand why their experiences don’t match up with God’s provision for them in the Word. Someone says, “I know why things aren’t working out for me; it’s because I’ve not been living right, so God is angry with me”; this conclusion isn’t necessarily correct. That you’re experiencing challenges or certain hardship in your life doesn’t mean God is mad at you for the wrong things you did; rather, it may just be the result of the right things you didn’t do. So what you need is “a Word-check”; perhaps you’ve not been living according to God’s Word.

God said “My people are destroyed (they suffer, experience hardships and are crushed) for lack of knowledge… (Hosea 4:6); He didn’t say they suffer because of the wrong things they did. So when the circumstances of your life are not consistent with the glorious provisions of the Gospel, the first thing you need is to do a Word check. Review specific areas of your life and be sure that you’re doing the Word as far as those areas are concerned.

For instance, if you’ve been experiencing financial difficulties, and don’t seem to know why you keep living from pay-cheque to pay-cheque, do a Word-check to be sure you pay your tithes and give regularly to God. God’s Word never fails; Malachi 3:10 says “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”

Thus, if you’ve been consistent with paying your tithes, then you’ll certainly also experience the blessing of God opening the windows of heaven to you, and pouring out for you such a blessing that you won’t have enough room to contain. In Luke 6:38, He says “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.” If you’ve been a consistent giver, then surely you’ll also experience men giving into your bosom, good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over.

God’s Word is the overall life-builder! It can build your spirit, soul, and body and make you a champion in life. So live according to God’s Word today by thinking God’s thoughts and speaking His words. It will definitely produce in you what it talks about and make you a success

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making your Word available to me. I take advantage of the presence of the Holy Spirit who is in me, and with me to teach me your Word as I study it wholeheartedly today. I declare that I’m built up by the Word to live a life of success, victory and promotions, dealing wisely in all affairs of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

2 Timothy 3:15-17
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Galatians 6
Reading plan Amos 1-4

2 Year Bible 1 Timothy 5:19-25
Reading Plan Jeremiah 40

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2010
Subject: Separated Unto Blessings – Friday September 24, 2010

Separated Unto Blessings

Also, since you are Christ’s family, then you are Abraham’s famous “descendant,” heirs according to the covenant promises (Galatians 3:29MSG).

Over the years, Christians have been erroneously taught that many of their problems are connected to generational, family, or ancestral curses. But that’s not true! In as much as these curses exist and can influence one who isn’t born again, they ought not to affect a Christian. Some Christians have nevertheless found themselves victims of so-called ancestral or generational curses because they lack knowledge of their new identity in Christ.

The Bible says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17). Having been born again by the Word and Spirit of God, you’re not the same person that was born of your parents. Therefore, no matter the curses that may have been invoked on you, or that you may have inherited from your forbears, they’re of no effect, because you’re now a new creation in Christ! Thus, you’ve been separated into a new family – God’s family – where you’re blessed forever: “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son” (Colossians 1:13).

You’ve been called to inherit a blessing: “Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing” (1 Peter 3:9). Curses have no power over you, for the Bible says “Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel” (Numbers 23:23). However, believing this is not enough; you’ve got to act on the Word by proclaiming that you’re now separated unto blessings, and not curses, having been born again.

Romans 10:10 says “with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Therefore, to enjoy the life of blessings to which you’ve been called in Christ Jesus, you must keep declaring that you’re the blessed of the Lord, and no curse can have any impact on you. Ephesians 1:3 says “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.” Make this your confession today, and always.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for calling me to inherit a blessing. I belong to the family of Christ, where I’ve been blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenly places. Therefore I walk in the blessing today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Numbers 23:8
How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the LORD hath not defied?

1 Peter 3:9
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Ephesians 1:15-2:10
Reading plan Hosea 1-2

2 Year Bible 1 Timothy 6:17-21
Reading Plan Jeremiah 42
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2010
Subject: The Faith Principle In Prayer – Saturday September 25, 2010

The Faith Principle In Prayer

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive (Matthew 21:22).

I’ve prayed and prayed; I’ve even gotten other people to pray for me, yet my situation hasn’t changed.” This is the frustration cry of many today who think God answers based on how long they’ve been praying, or the number of people they have praying for them. It’s good to pray, for the Word of God asks us to and shows us how, but the power that works for us is not in the praying, but in the God to whom we pray. Thus it’s important for you to know how to pray aright and understand the faith principle in prayer.

For example, in James 5:14-15, the Bible says, “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up…” Notice it didn’t say “prayer shall heal the sick,” but that “the prayer of faith shall heal the sick.” He lets us in on the faith principle in prayer. The power to heal you isn’t just the prayer, but your faith in God and His Word.

So in prayer, you must pray the Word in faith, for the Word of God is the power of God. Jesus taught us how to pray faith-based prayers that produce results; He said, “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them” (Mark 11:24). Notice that Jesus’ emphasis in this scripture wasn’t on prayer but on the subject of faith. When you pray, you have to take a step further by believing you have received what you asked for – that’s the faith principle in prayer!

So if you prayed and you didn’t receive, it means you didn’t demonstrate your faith in the Word. You have to look at God’s Word and find what it says about the situation you’re dealing with, and then pray in line with the Word. Having prayed, believe that you’ve received. Don’t start watching to see whether or not the condition has changed; just keep rejoicing, knowing that you’ve received.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for showing me in your Word, the faith principle of prayer. As I pray today. I receive by faith all what you’ve freely given me. I have no doubts that I have received all I’ve asked for in prayer concerning my family, job, health, and finances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Matthew 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Ephesians 1:15-2:10
Reading plan Hosea 1-2

2 Year Bible 1 Timothy 6:17-21
Reading Plan Jeremiah 42

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
Subject: You Can Discern And Walk In God’s Perfect Will – Monday September 27, 2010

You Can Discern And Walk In God’s Perfect Will

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105).

As believers in Christ, we’re enjoined to grow unto maturity in the things of God (Ephesians 4:13). This admonition is not just for some class of Christians, such as ministers of the gospel, but for every child of God. A clear evidence of spiritual maturity is the ability to discern and walk in God’s perfect will for your life. God’s Word is His will expressed. And as the Psalmist describes in our opening scripture, the Word is a lamp; it’s a light which gives direction and guidance. So, you need to know God’s Word, as that’s the only way you can understand and walk in His perfect will for you.

Often times, God’s will is different from what natural signs tell you, and what your feelings or those around you may tell you. The things of God don’t appeal to the senses, for they are spiritually discerned: “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Corinthians 2:14).

This is why it’s so vital that you know the Word, and are acquainted with God’s Spirit through fellowship. Galatians 5:16 says “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.” Walking in the Spirit means walking in the light of God’s Word, being able to discern and walk in His perfect will, notwithstanding what your senses tell you.

Praying fervently and consistently in tongues is equally very important in discerning walking in God’s perfect will, as it keeps your spirit attuned and sensitive to the Holy Spirit. As Pastor Chris says, prayer times are moments of heavenly glory and spiritual ecstasy as your spirit is refreshed and your sensitivity to the Spirit is enhanced. As you fellowship with the Lord through prayer it becomes easier for you to receive direction and guidance in your spirit.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I’m so grateful for the privilege of feeding on your Word this day. I thank you for ordering my steps and directing my paths by your Word and the Holy Spirit who is at work in me to know your will and walk therein, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Ephesians 4:1-16
Reading plan Hosea 11-14

2 Year Bible 2 Timothy 2:11-26
Reading Plan Jeremiah 45

--------------------

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.