Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? (12318 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by bist: 8:45am On Feb 07, 2010
Ur dad is f**ked up my dear. Just pray dat God 4givs hiz damned soul.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by Remii(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2010
OP, the best thing you can do for your mum is to turn out good, be serious with your education or business to be able to take care of her and your other siblings, you could talk to your father but be sure to have evidence and be careful.
As for beating up this your mother's "would-be rival", that would be counter productive, if your father "loves" this girl, then you have given him a licence to go ahead and even marry her.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by eherbal(m): 11:09am On Feb 07, 2010
I feel for u but there's no other take than to talk to him.appeal to his conscience.let him realise his short comings.hold brief for ur mom, tenderly.best of luck. wink
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by oge4real(f): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2010
Thats too bad. I suggest you pray before talking to him. You the heart of the King(your dad) is in God's hand and He can turn it wherever he wishes.
I believe this will make the scales fall off his eyes and he will return home or at least take care of his children. goodluck.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by Ayakata: 11:30am On Feb 07, 2010
smiley C wt u gaz do:BLACKMAIL him,if ur mum has no knwlg of it, grab wteva u can 4rm him,it's an opportunity!embarassed
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by MrCrackles(m): 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
Topic

Nothing. . .
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by toosoon(m): 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
Yes i will suggest you talk to him politely but if no positive result then go for plan B, BLACKMAIL both him and the gf.

Enuf said
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by ayettymama(f): 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
the thing is u guys are sayin she should fight the man blackmail the man do this and do that

but its obvious the man dont give a shizz

so doin all that will prob make it worse!!

imagine the guy collected salary

and is off with his gf

do u think the mom doesnt no

making his hse harder for him to live in- wil make him leave for good!!

thats easy for them in naija

i have seen it wiv my eyes

the jazzed ones and non jazzed ones!!

so all those who think aggresion will bring him back hme

are seriously mistaken!

its not abt petting him

its abt showing him he doesnt nedd to, shoudnt cheat

thats the way men wanna be treated

once he sees hes loved at home

his concience will take course
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by ayettymama(f): 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2010
and whatever you do

o girl

DO NOT APPROACH THE GF

i guarantee you 100%

the man leave you all forever!!!!!

the girl knows hes married

and wants his money

shes doesnt give a shizz abt u
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by toosoon(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ayettymama
how will you show love to a cheating Dad, when he is the one providing the needs?
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by ayettymama(f): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2010
sorri i dont get what u mean??
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by toosoon(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
ayettymama:

the thing is u guys are sayin she should fight the man blackmail the man do this and do that

but its obvious the man dont give a shizz

so doin all that will prob make it worse!!

imagine the guy collected salary

and is off with his gf

do u think the mom doesnt no

making his hse harder for him to live in- wil make him leave for good!!

thats easy for them in naija

i have seen it wiv my eyes

the jazzed ones and non jazzed ones!!

so all those who think aggresion will bring him back hme

are seriously mistaken!

its not abt petting him

its abt showing him he doesnt nedd to, shoudnt cheat

please state the steps to take to achieve the bold highlighted.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by H2O2: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
gosh this babe and her ridiculous absolutes. annoying as heck.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by ayettymama(f): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
h202

get off my back

this is my opinion

take it or leave it!!

@toosoon

look at my first post
i mentioned a few there
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by H2O2: 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2010
aye,
Since when did I begin caring about your platitudinal, negligible remarks. Back ko front ni. Ko ra e lo jo.

poster,
didn't you say you don't mind?
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by toosoon(m): 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ayettymama
you suggest she organise picnics, helping him in his job, family get-to-gether and so on because you think that her Dad feels un-wanted (meaning not loved,too much to deal with etc) at home.

what if the problem was infidelity?
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by MsTom(f): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2010
@OP,
NO. The affair is btw your mum and your dad. Things happen for a reason. You do not know what happened btw your mum and your dad. Dont even base your conclusions on what a party said to you about it. Let them handle that aspect of their lives. Only pray for them.

However, you can talk to your dad on his actions towards his kids. He is your father and hence needs to be responsible to you. Let him know you need him to care for you and your siblings.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by ayettymama(f): 2:33pm On Feb 07, 2010
The problem IS indfidelity

the solution is him coming back home!
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by ohiseb: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2010
talking to him will help, but u have to choose the right moment
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by snowdrops(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2010
Dont tell me this topic is still dragging on shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by chelseabmw(m): 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2010
@poster
u have to quarel with him because if u talk to him clamly he will still go out
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by octokitty(f): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
Abeg just leave am for God hand oooooooo dats nt somtin u can just talk ur way tru,just pray n try n make tins easier for ur mum she might be havin a rough time n also TREAT HIM D SAME WAY OR EVEN BETA DAN D WAY U DID B4 U FOUND OUT
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by Acidosis(m): 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2010
Report the case to ur grandmama
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by GL(f): 7:11pm On Feb 07, 2010
ayettymama:

and whatever you do

o girl

DO NOT APPROACH THE GF

i guarantee you 100%

the man leave you all forever!!!!!

the girl knows hes married

and wants his money

shes doesnt give a shizz abt u

most men still love their families (their kids at least) when they cheat, i doubt he would leave them forever if she confronts the girl. the worst he should do is beat the living daylights out of her, but not leave. if he leaves it's not because she confronted the girl, but because he wanted to leave before but had no reason to.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by hackney(m): 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
He's under her spell. (Love portions) shocked shocked shocked

Just break her neck and be done with it.
he is sure to 'snap' out of it.( see what i did there . . . . oh forget it grin grin grin )
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by ssumpta(f): 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
I feel so sorry for our mothers. What have women done to deserve such in marriage?
Imagine collecting salary, and vanishing to spend on a mistress. He's also financially irresponsible, as well as morally.

Anyway, nothing ever justifies cheating, but there are other sides to a story.
This mistress could easily become the victim tomorrow, and we'd be here pitying her.

If it were me, i would talk to my pops, in a mature yet sombre way, and let him see the pain he's causing his family. As it is, momsie may be aware already.
If he doesn't stop, leave it to the big daddy upstairs.

Your dad will certainly not go unpunished for his sins.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by bawomolo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2010

lol can anyone really be this naive.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by naijacann: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2010
We all must understand that 'man is polygamous by nature'(Chinua Achebe, 1973)
The white man foisted their type of marriage on us and its just normal for the guy
to live out his natural instincts.
On abandoning his children and no more caring about them, I think its very awful of him.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by playahP(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2010
HE IS GONNA RUIN HIS LIFE,
I HAVE SEEN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION A BILLION TIMES,
NOTHING YOU SAY CAN CHANGE HIM, JUST LOOK FOR THE BITCH HE IS FUCCKING AND SNAP HER NECK, I AM TELLING YOU FACT,

2) YOUR MOM HAS TO TRY NEW STUFFS,
IF YOUR MOM IS THE NAGGING TYPE, MAYBE SHE SHOULD TRY SMILING AND DOING THINGS THAT SHE NEVER DID BEFORE, YOUR DAD IS JUST BORED WITH THE MISERABLE WRAPPER YOU MOM IS TIEING EVERYDAY SO HE IS GONNA TRY OUT SOMEONE WITH EM TIGHT JEANS.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by rewardobi(m): 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
All you who made immoral comments and gave deceitful advice to this poster should go and kneel down and pray for forgiveness. That man is wrong and you said the mother should not know. All of you will receive heavier judgments for supporting such deceitful men in marriages.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by MrCrackles(m): 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2010
Poster. . .

Mind your own business. . . .
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by touchmeder: 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
hmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn brings back old memories (yes i have gone through it)
I did not hesitate then and i will not hesitate to tell my mother again
i trusted my mother to handle it well(and she sure did) and she knew how best to deal with her husband, i wont be the one crying or petting his head. Hell No!!!
lust does not respond to any of that
Whatever you do dont be the one insulting your father and calling him names cos when your parents settle they will
call your name and ask that  you apologise to the irresponsible man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. / Where And How To Meet Guys Ready 4 Marriage / Teenage Boys And Hormones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.