Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,866 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? (12325 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by Bobybarny(m): 6:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hey he is b ur dad even if he does things u don't like he still be ur biological father
just tell him with due respect then if he is still adamant there are ways to teach him lessons e.g. mass media or radio stations or ask the AKI AND POPO FOR TECHNIQUES
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by odinelo(f): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2010
what of a situation where he has refused u marrying a guy, just because he's from another tribe.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by martinosi: 8:40am On Feb 11, 2010
dupsygal:

i am sorry to burst your bubbles martinosi, serious, its not my thread, neither am i the poster and i will hate to make ds a personal issue, but i will like to correct u on ds ground, i talk to my father and we have discussed ds particular issue as stated by the topic of this thread and he still feeds us and pay my school fees. its about knowing your ryt and being wise hw u present your grievances and i am no ajebo, jst a regular gal from an average home. smiley

Hey Dupsy, i know u r not the Poster/Thread-Starter
but even you r talking out of your A*SS!!!
U say that u and your dad sit down and talk about these
issues!! LOL! why do u girls like to come on here
and talk crap! All this is just Gas & Air!!!
Why cant some of you Nigerian Girls just be honest!!!
Nobody knows u here personally on Nairaland. U are sitting
infront of a PC/Laptop! No one see's you or knows who you are
on here! WHY CANT U GUYS BE REAL And stop talking Non-sense!!!

The truth be told that if a man/husband/father is having an
affair in Nigeria, the children of that man dont stand a chance
of turning him around and back to his senses unless they
get on their knees and pray and ask God to touch him!or unless
the wife talk to his best friend or someone that the man listen too and respects talks sense into him and she does it discreetly to
save their marriage/relationship

Becuase in Nigeria to a greater Degree, the wife cant not walk away
from the Marriage and talk the Kids with her! Due all
kind of Socio-Economic Issues!

I do believe that if this story was true, someone that the man
respects can talk sense into him and he would change for the
sake if his Marriage and family.

Lets be Real and Speak from a Sincere Heart and Clear Mind haba!!!

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by martinosi: 8:46am On Feb 11, 2010
dupsygal:

i am sorry to burst your bubbles martinosi, serious, its not my thread, neither am i the poster and i will hate to make ds a personal issue, but i will like to correct u on ds ground, i talk to my father and we have discussed ds particular issue as stated by the topic of this thread and he still feeds us and pay my school fees. its about knowing your ryt and being wise hw u present your grievances and i am no ajebo, jst a regular gal from an average home. smiley

Dupsy, i Apologise if i sound a bit harsh
I dont mean to offend anybody, just cant we be honest
with ourselves now that we are POSTING anonymous
Views and Opinions.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by Ninapha(f): 11:32am On Feb 11, 2010
I want to know, Is it because the person cheating is the man that the children would have to remember he is their "father" if it had been the mother cheating, how would the children be advised" probably kick your mother, ohhhhh she is a disgrace and all that.

Be that as it may, what is bad is bad.

Please u can take these steps.

1. be sure of what u are accusing him of and try and make little finding about the lady
2. call your father to know why he is having extra-marital affair
3. if there is anything bothering him, assure him u would do everything to put it right.
4. look for those problems and act on them without letting your mouthy siblings
know what is happening
5. make sure u do not take sides with ur mum for sometime untill u see that its not
working.
6. try to always talk with him to know if things are getting better.
7. where all efforts fail, let him know he has disappointed his family and u people
should find a way to support your mum and make sure he sees u, ur siblings and
mother always happy together, he may want to come back. else let him be
8 DONT EVER LET HIS ACTIONS CUT UR FUTURE.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by cintia(f): 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
accept my sympathy. does it mean your mother is a housewife
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by celt: 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
hi, i am truly sorry for your pain. I know something about that pain myself and my two boys went though. in this case it was their mother causing the pain. This was 20 years ago when the boys were young, but your story stuck a cord in my heart. Some parents make mistakes or are just not meant to be fathers(and mothers) should know what is the most important things in their lives are and that is family. You did not say how old you are? Talk to your dad if he is not physically abuse to you, tell him how much he is hurting you and mother and the family. Do it in a calm matter and you may want you mother present. Remember the most important thing is YOU, take care of yourself , your education. If worse comes to worst you still have a family. My two boys did fine and you will too if can be strong enough to get though this, NOTHING IS YOUR FAULT. Your mother may have to make a decision about the relationship with your dad soon, and whatever it is i as sure it will be for the best. Talk to him calmly.
LOVE

1 Like

Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2010
thanks to u all, i guess i hav to filter all ur post n take d reasonable ones.

i will jst keep praying for my family,i think dats d best i can do right now.

lol
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by obiksam(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2010
If you try talking to him he will become more adamant
Trace him and make show that u saw 2 of them red handed
u will see he change because he will become afriad that u
will tell ur mum. Don't tall ur mum nor confront him.
Re: My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? by Nobody: 9:34am On May 16, 2012
:oTx 4 ya'all advice,HE is doin great as a Dad....so proud to hv him as my papito***big grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apologies To My Love. A Fellow Nairalander / Where And How To Meet Guys Ready 4 Marriage / Home On The Rock.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.