Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC (48576 Views)

Peter Obi, Jimi Agbaje Storm Alaba International Market - Photos / The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by EvilMetahuman: 9:24am On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Yoruba political leaders in lagos needs to stop this madness of allowing igbos to aspire in lagos whether chairman or vice chairman ... . I don't care if they populate festac or not.. just fill up the council seats with Yoruba, dats all.

Same igbos called it an abomination for an hausa man to vie for a councillorship seat in Ebonyi State....

Mbaise people in Imo state said a man from anambra can never be a bishop in ahiara diocese

Abia State sacked non-indigenes from their civil service.

I don't understand why we are still practising politics of inclusion in the south west... Enough of all these sophistication and accommodating nonsense jare...It doesn't stop them from hating yorubas

Gbammm

Double gbam

Tripple gbamm.

I keep saying it, I will curse tinubu and every yoruba leader if they allow any igbo in any position in lagos state again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by nnanwokedi: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2017
If there is any area in south east that any tribe dominate, the indegines . you can via for a political post, knowing that your people lives there and have the required political number to give u d post. Politics is a game of number. (Naija d manufacture d numbers) long live Nigeria. !!!!!
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 9:29am On Jul 22, 2017
Lol, some people are crying that Non Igbos don't contest in the South East.
Lol! Under normal circumstances, Elective posts are open for any member of a given society but how can Non Igbos contest in the East when they don't reside in the East and hardly mix up with the natives but rather prefer to stay aloof, behave like strangers and wouldn't even pick up Igbolanguage or adopt elements of Igbo culture.
You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that Igbos in diaspora see themselves as members of their host community up to the extent of marrying amongst them and borrowing bits of non Igbo culture.
No one is stoping you all from contesting in the East may be when you migrate to the East and stamp your feet like the Igbos have done in Lagos then you can contest and win.
For now, the South East is a heavily populated by Igbos, the non Igbos are few and hardly show interest in political matters.
Ndi ara!!
This show be a lesson that Igbos are the most widely travelled and the only Nigerian group to blend with others.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Kendrick80(m): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2017
vanbonattel:
Schweppes?
Bitter lemon
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by edo3(m): 9:31am On Jul 22, 2017
GogetterMD:
Can I, as a westerner, go to the east to vie for a political post
My brother,,our people are getting it wrong day by day. We need not give these ingrates any chance to occupy our political sphere..I won't be surprised later to hear that amuwo odofin,,ago palace,,okota,ilasamaja etc are conquered territory by those bastard yeebos.

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

Baba what of the recent political campaign of an Hausa man who wants to contest in Ebonyi and Anambra? We all know the hateful words spew by your fellow brothers/sisters at them.

Whether one lives in east will not attract a single vote from SE peeps even if the person is good. You know this bro.

You dey mind dem.. . We saw it here on nairaland, how these oloriburukus were saying it was an abomination despite the fact hausas populate that area in Ebonyi

9 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:
Lol, people are crying that non Igbos don't contest in the South East.
Lol! Under normal circumstances, Elective posts are open for any member of a given society but how can Non Igbos contest in the East when they don't reside in the East and hardly mix up with the indigends but rather prefer to stay aloof, behave like strangers and wouldn't even pick up Igbolanguage.
No one is stoping you all from contesting in the East may be when you migrate to the East and stamp your feet like the Igbos have done in Lagos then you can contest and win.
For now, the South East is a heavily populated by Igbos, the non Igbos are few and hardly show interest in political matters.
Ndi ara!

Lies

7 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

You can believe whatever you want to believe. Whatever i say won't change a thing. Nigerians are the same, whether Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba. Someone who tries to contest in a place that he is not indegenous to will definitely raise eyebrows and people will talk. But the constitution gives anyone the right to contest for a political post irrespective of where the person comes from. The Hausa man who wants to contest is doing so because he has been given the support by indegenes of the place. So, what anyone says on the internet is hogwash. Every state in Nigeria is guilty of tribalism, so don't lay it at the doorstep of Igbos alone. Even Lagos that is a cosmopolitan state is not left out else the political distribution would have reflected the demographic of the state. Though we can say Lagos is still more open than the remaining 35 states in the country.

I concur with you just that what comes to my mind now is the Igbo APC aspirant at Ojo and Amuwo Odofin will win because the votes would still come from the majority residing there who happens to be Igbo indigenes.

But you will agree with me that SW aside SS remains the most accommodating environment for you. Perhaps you can start lecturing your tribal lords to quit using hateful words on their host. It's not healthy for mutual relationship. The Internet would one day transcends to real life scenario.

FYI, check out the above post made by omofunaab2 and see the height of hatred spewed by your peeps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by NCP: 9:37am On Jul 22, 2017
All we want is Biafra come October 1, 2017. All pseudoJewish Igbos should be on their way to Biafraland now.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 9:39am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:
And many jobless, Vissionless, missionless, ambionless and futureless Igbo Youths are here in the East wasting their precious man-hour following Nnamdi Kanu upanda

Once we loose that precious aspect of our culture which humility to serve our master, intelligence, perseverance and diligence, we loose the dignity of our identity

Ndi-Igbo kulienu n'ura

what will it cost for you to keep your mouth shut?
must you castigate everything you are not in support of?
how many times have you seen a core northerner condemning Buhari?
how many core northerners have seen condemning Boko haram?
people are been detained for criticizing Kaduna state governor.
an Igbo man from Delta state was arrested, detained and granted a 50 thousand bail for merely naming his dog Buhari.
in as much as i personally dislike their mode of operation, but the last thing i will do is coming to a public forum to condemn them.
atuaru omaru, omaru; mana atuaru ofeke, otinye isi na ofia!
ogwu kwa ka oram na Onu.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by bkool7(m): 9:39am On Jul 22, 2017
GogetterMD:

Just forget about all that.

Igbos are what they are ...arrogant and non accommodating

But we, are not like that

In Yoruba -Lagos ...
If you can earn it , you can have it

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:
Lol, some people are crying that Non Igbos don't contest in the South East.
Lol! Under normal circumstances, Elective posts are open for any member of a given society but how can Non Igbos contest in the East when they don't reside in the East and hardly mix up with the natives but rather prefer to stay aloof, behave like strangers and wouldn't even pick up Igbolanguage or adopt elements of Igbo culture.
You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that Igbos in diaspora see themselves as members of their host community up to the extent of marrying amongst them and borrowing bits of non Igbo culture.
Ndi ara!!
This show be a lesson that Igbos are the most widely travelled and the only Nigerian group to blend with others.

Big lies. What of the Hausa man that wants to contest in Ebonyi despite his liberal, social and reputable status at abakaliki. You guys ended his political campaign with disgruntled words

6 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lies
Don't just quote me and write lies.
What are the lies? Point it out.
Is there any part of Igbo land as mixed up like Lagos?
Is there any local govt where Non Igbos outnumber Igbos?
Is there any part of Igboland where Non Igbos dominate and run things?
Have the non Igbos in Igbo land consciously blended with Igbos while picking up Igbo language and culture in the process?
Has any non Igbo shown an interest in villing for a post?
What are the lies?

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Wisebisho: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2017
OduduwaYoruba:
APC be careful, hausa fulani know these unpredictable people more than you and they keep them at arm's length, they never give them chance to operate in Kano but we allowed them to be yet they abuse Yoruba silly and slogan "Lagos is no man's land. I ofe nmanu hate Biafra with passion.
Lagoon still need more people, two Ofe mmanu's just enter lagoon yesterday... Still empty for you.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Ralphdan(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Yoruba political leaders in lagos needs to stop this madness of allowing igbos to aspire in lagos whether chairman or vice chairman ... . I don't care if they populate festac or not.. just fill up the council seats with Yoruba, dats all.

Same igbos called it an abomination for an hausa man to vie for a councillorship seat in Ebonyi State....

Mbaise people in Imo state said a man from anambra can never be a bishop in ahiara diocese

I don't understand why we are still practising politics of inclusion in the south west... Enough of all these sophistication and accommodating nonsense jare...It doesn't stop them from hating yorubas

No one gives a shit abt ur opinion
We are still representing you in the state and national assembly.
If you don't like go and kill urself

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by aljharem(m): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2017
GogetterMD:
no. I wonder why yorubas are too liberal! !!! angry
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by bkool7(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2017
NwaEzefuNaMba:

what will it cost for you to keep your mouth shut?
must you castigate everything you are not in support of?
how many times have you seen a core northerner condemning Buhari?
how many core northerners have seen condemning Boko haram?
people are been detained for criticizing Kaduna state governor.
an Igbo man from Delta state was arrested, detained and granted a 50 thousand bail for merely naming his dog Buhari.
in as much as i personally dislike their mode of operation, but the last thing i will do is coming to a public forum to condemn them.
atuaru omaru, omaru; mana atuaru ofeke, otinye isi na ofia!
ogwu kwa ka oram na Onu.

Merely naming his dog Buhari is capable of causing violence
Moreover ,the buhari he named his dog was not that of the president but that of another Hausa trader. And your igbo brother didnt stop there, he had to also write Buhari on the dog. Now ,who does that?

vanguardngr.com/2016/08/trader-arrested-naming-pet-dog-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by greatiyk4u(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Fighting for a cause and supporting an legal agitation is not synonymous to joblessness and lack of vision.
You have no right to speak down on a group of people seeking for self determination especially when you have not provided an alternative solution in this choatic Nation.
Nnamdi Kanu is the only Igbo that has been able to rally a huge number of followers in Modern times,that alone is a pointer that majority of Igbos regardless of their position in the society are ready to give up their time, career and money for the actualization of Biafra.
You need to conduct an online research and see the number of graduates,business men and hard working igbos supporting Kanu and the Biafran movement.
Don't sit behind your Pc and write trash!
It absolutely disgust me when efulefus make it seem like touts and jobless folks are at the frontline of the Biafran struggle.

Far from that dear.....you are still relying on online survey where data is gathered from anonymous sources and used for evaluation

Have you ever wondered why Nnamdi Kanu finds it hard to hold rallies in Enugu? The ans is simple, he has to import his followers from the tout prone locations like Onitsha, Aba, Ph which will be cumbersome

Tell me any reputable Igboman with a successful career that is a known follower of NK?.............most of the businessmen you see around him are just out of envy and other various personal reasons not good sharing here

Self determination follows a civil strategy not spread hate speech and imposition of opinion and belief system because of the magnitude of weak minds in Nigeria today

Every Igboman want Biafra but not through no profile entity like Nnamdi kanu....when you interview most of the followers and hear their reasons for following him you will hate that guy the more

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 9:49am On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

I concur with you just that what comes to my mind now is the Igbo APC aspirant at Ojo and Amuwo Odofin will win because the votes would still come from the majority residing there who happens to be Igbo indigenes.

But you will agree with me that SW aside SS remains the most accommodating environment for you. Perhaps you can start lecturing your tribal lords to quit using hateful words on their host. It's not healthy for mutual relationship. The Internet would one day transcends to real life scenario.

FYI, check out the above post made by omofunaab2 and see the height of hatred spewed by your peeps.

See, bro.. I know most yorubas still want to be accommodating but the truth is we have to review that in regards to the igbos... The same people that called the country a zoo will remember we have a constitution that allows igbos to contest in any part of the country.

We will regret this nonsense bro, the other time an igbo man was elected into the lagos state house of assembly, he protested the usage of Yoruba language in the house and requested igbo language be included..

You see, we are doing all these at the risk of losing our pride and heritage.

Now these same igbos are the ones calling yorubas lazy people, lying that they own all the properties in Lagos, that they control lagos economy with their corner shops...

Are they the only tribe in lagos ?

Awolowo and Akintola saw all these in igbos hence that oloriburuku azikwe was chased out

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 9:49am On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

Big lies. What of the Hausa man that wants to contest in Ebonyi despite his liberal, social and reputable status at abakaliki. You guys ended his political campaign with disgruntled words
I don't live in Abakaliki, so i'm not aware of such news.
Who is the man involved?
Do Hausa people dominate any part of Abakaliki? Are the Hausa people comitted to the development of any part of Abakaliki like the Igbos of Lagos?
Is the population of Abakaliki as hetrogenous as that of Lagos?
Can you compare the Igbo population and contribution in Lagos with that of Hausa in Abakiliki?
You see, these are strategic factors that will decide your political might or lack of it, it has nothing to do with tribalism in most cases.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by asksteve(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2017
D same Obosi dat looted d market union dry n ran it like a tyrant intimidating d very market ppl he represents.

Dis same Obosi dat d entire market fought to remove.

D same Obosi dat almost bought Ojo local govt. secretariat if not d charm dat was used to lock d secretariat.

He really deserves to b an APC member.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Adebowale89(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

you have said it all bro. one reason thing I dislike Igbo is non contention, you can't satisfy them

tinubu they so much hate is the cause of their relevancies in Lagos state politics, since then my respect for tinubu drawn down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Have the non Igbos in Igbo land consciously blended with Igbos while picking up Igbo language and culture in the process?
What are the lies?

I don't mean to quote you but I have an uncle who wanted to settle in one of the SE state but was denied the access to purchase a land when they heard he is not an indigene.

And I know this would have happen to others hence why other tribes would have zero their mind in settle in the east.

Let's call a spade, a spade! Only few among you are accommodating while others are hostile.

7 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Austinoiz(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2017
I didn't see any 'traditonal' Igbo man there. All I see is afonja touts forming Ibos AND/OR Yoruba breeds/species answering Igbo names.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

What are the lies?

Are you daft or what? Where were you in March 2017 when an hausa man born and bred in abakaliki was planning to contest for a councillorship seat, and your people here on nairaland called it an abomination

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Afam4eva(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

I won't argue with you about the emboldened because it's something you believe deeply without comparing the supposed accomodation to those of the other regions. Just because Yorubas are not going to the east enmasse does not mean that the east is less accommodating. It;s also pertinent to note that whenever people talk about the accommodating nature of Yorubas, a lot of times, they're referring to Lagos as everywhere else other than Lagos are one and the same. I like seeing things from people's vantage point to be able to come to a logical conclusion, so it will do a lot of good for you to lay our in bullet points why you think the SW is more accommodation. is it because there are more non-indegenes living there or what exactly?

6 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Basic123: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2017
bukynkwuenu:

ogbeni ma ko ni le binu pls outline the billion dollar business owned by Yoruba
visit this thread.Make sure you take your anti-hypertensive drug along sha.
www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industrious-richest-intelligent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by verygudbadguy(m): 9:54am On Jul 22, 2017
izzou:

The truthe is areas like Festac and Ojo have Easterners and South Southerners in abundance. It is easy for them to unite and put themselves there.

I am Igbo and i see sense in what you say because an outsider cant win anything in my village too. But their population in these areas is what gives them a little edge
My guy, not only that. We don't reason as controllers in SW, we see everybody as Nigerians. The governor could as well shift Alaba market to a non favourable place to destabilize the Igbo. Let's say Ikorodu where there is always crisis as a result of militancy.

I see the Yorubas changing soon if the whole Biafra and secession threat is not toned down. I am in support of Biafra though but you can't eat your cake and have it. You either move back to the East in mass or forget the agitation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 9:56am On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

See, bro.. I know most yorubas still want to be accommodating but the truth is we have to review that in respect to the igbos... The same people that called the country a zoo will remember we have a constitution that allows igbos to contest in any part of the country.

We will regret this nonsense bro, the other time an igbo man was elected into the lagos state house of assembly, he protested the usage of Yoruba language in the house and requested igbo language be included..

You see, we are doing all these at the risk of losing our pride and heritage.

Now these same igbos are the ones calling yorubas lazy people, lying that they own all the properties in Lagos, that they control lagos economy with their corner shops...

Are they the only tribe in lagos or south west?

Awolowo and Akintola saw all these in igbos hence that oloriburuku azikwe was chased out

My brother, you spoke the bitter truth especially at the bolded which reference can be given to. Thank God the Internet never forgets.

Hausas in Agege don't blow their trumpet, the Ijaw at Lagos creeks/lagoon area don't blow either and other tribes.

Why must it be them making sporadic noise about developing the whole world? This is what I don't like about them.

Having said that, there are liberal minded ones among them but unfortunately very few.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2017
Ralphdan:

No one gives a shit abt my opinion
We are still the ones selling gala, babies in the south west
If you don't like what i said then i will kill my father

Okay, that's much better

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Tells Emefiele, Malami To Comply With Supreme Court On Old Notes Rulling / What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) / Lagos Tightens Noose Around Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.