Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC (48042 Views)

Peter Obi, Jimi Agbaje Storm Alaba International Market - Photos / The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

You need comprehension skills. Each Nigerian region was setting up establishments for her citizens,that is the point.
The fact that Colonialist first colonized the Yorubas and introduced their civilization, is nothing to be proud of,it reeks of inferiority complex.
The point to note is that other groups took advantage of the civilization and closed the gap before independence.

You are lucky the mods deleted my comment in response to this

Like i said earlier, you lots needs to be grateful to the whites for colonizing you, if not you guys might still be living on trees and tying leaves around your waist

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by dbynonetwork: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

Baba, You have spoken well because judging from the recent hatred words oozing from ipob members in the east hence enough to stop them from holding any political office outside their zones. You should know by now some of them want to eat their cake and have it back. Even if that wants to happen, no need to spew hateful words to your hosts forgetting you will need them in future. Can any tribe go to east to contest for political office? Let's even start from land purchase, they won't sell their land to non indigenes let alone from another tribe.

However according to the law, they have the right to contest for electoral post even now that it's happening in a domain dominated by them.

I have some handful liberal igbo friends in amuwo Odofin, Ojo, festac who seriously hate the recent agitation to secede giving strong instance to why one Nigeria would benefit them more than biafra.

Who told u igbos don't sell their lands to non indigenes?.
You just sit jobless in a brown roof mud house at ogbomosho typing trash...

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
sophoccles:

Value erosion would not exist if we all wholeheartedly work towards a united Nigeria where we all coexist with mutual respect. Talk of value erosion only arises when settlers despise their host communities & commit acts of economic sabotage against them even continuously speak ill of them and their cultural/traditional practices.

If I accommodate a settler in my community and over time I realize he holds me in contempt, builds up economic & trading monopolies, and continuously denigrates me in the presence of his kinsmen and other strangers (all the while he keeps enjoying my hospitality) sooner or later I would seek to return the favour. That's when you can talk of value erosion and moral assault.

Let Igbo people who come to equity, come with clean hands!

One Nigeria is a mirage.
Value erosion exist because conservative ideologies are left unprotected against an awakening in new liberalism and patriotism. Value erosion is a gap, and when concerned societies rise up to block the gap they always attack patriotism and political correctness.

Why has Yoruba been lackadaisical about its value system?

Yorubas are the highest spenders and consumers of imported alcohol in Nigeria. We are also the highest purchasers and consumers of cow meat. The OWAMBE culture.

If you go back into the history of Nigeria even the colonialists agreed that alcohol is a bad substance for the negroes to consume as it causes his nature to act contrary to his interests and therefore its importation must be restricted to the white population. They soon found that the lost revenue from that policy change was generating anger back in England, the colony was forced to reverse its stance. Imported liquor was found all over the South after that. It was not allowed in the North because part of treaty with the North was that Christianity, missionary works and alcohol and anything else forbidden by Islam would be confined below the River.

If you care to read the minds of those who wrote the Kaduna Declaration, part of their frustration is the erosion of values brought by alcohol sale and consumption and that it intoxicates their children to behave in anomaly to their upbringing and tradition.

Alcohol produce different response in whites than it does in blacks. In contrast, spice is good for black metabolism. it cleanses and removes toxins from our body. In whites, spice breaks down their metabolism and attack it, causing great discomfort sometimes needing hospitalization. I really don't know what we gain by drinking alcohol, or smoking cigarrette.

So, Nigerian unity is at cross-purpose with the ethno cultural value of Yorubas. Yoruba has relinquished the defense of its traditional values and championed a new sense of liberalism and political correctness because primarily our self-discipline towards society has dwindled given that we are less connected with the true consciousness of what we stand for philosophically. I blame it on the vanities of owambe. We plan and live for the events of next Saturday party and the opportunity to lavish on champagne and intoxicants. In the meantime we are loosing our communities to new norms of cohabitation that are at cross-purpose to what we believe in

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mcowubaba:

I don't reside in Nigeria.
Though I have a house in Lagos.
Why do you ask?

Oh! Thought u reside in Lagos.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by princenaira(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
When I see some useless and non entity Yoruba's open their mouth wide to talk against Igbo's and give their support y Hausas. I wonder if they actually suck breast milk from their parents or that of a sick cow. How on earth can you forget too soon that Hausa's do not believe that any other tribe except themselves is worthy of controlling this Country. How many Yorubas own oil well before 99? Have you not bee. reading or seeing the level of destruction going on this country by Book haram and Fulani herdsmen. Who killed your brother Abiola and his wife. Again the battle line is drawn with your captain Osibanjo at the middle. Let's watch the drama infold. All the Yoruba's are here in Igbo land doing their business and their taxis without molestation and still you guys are there running mouth like part. Kwontinue
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by slendxy: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I thought you wanted to debate civily? What shows that you have evolved as a human being?
Last time i checked,we were both debating about Lagos and the right to contest elections.
It's only a child that will back track in a heated discourse and spew all sorts of illogical views.
Everything you've written from leaving on trees to being disorganized has long been debunked on this forum, so i wouldn't spare my time debunking it all over.
But for the sake of the public, Republican Government and tying wrappers is not sinonlmous to Uncivilization.
Every African group had it's civilization, culture, government and religion before Western civilization.
I rather find it ridiculous and a huge pointer to inferiority complex that Black Africans celebrate Western civilization when in real terms, all Africans are Apes to the racist White man.
It is every more ridiculous that you glorify their civilization and use it as a standard for judging other Nigerians.
No reasonable Nigerian will gloat over seeing the White man first or consider the government system of his neighbours as inferior and primitive.
Those are racist tendencies and standards set by the white men.
It just like stating that Africans with White features are more evolved than people with Negriod features.
I weep for the Black man's stuppidty!

Lived on trees and walked about naked! Lmao! Is one thing to see a white be that ignorant about Africans, is another thing to see a fellow black trying to use that line to score cheap points. Like seriously! Like you said, it reeks of inferiority complex and total lack of facts to continue a civil argument.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

You are lucky the mods deleted my comment in response to this

Like i said earlier, you lots needs to be grateful to the whites for colonizing you, if not you guys might still be living on trees and tying leaves around your waist

They deleted it? Lol. So much for bigotry and fooliishness!

Honestly, it's absurd to see an individual arguing about Lagos a while ago, jumping into bitter and ignorant comments largely because of insufficient information about igbos or the joy you get when making some of these abusive remarks.
If you want us to debate about Western civilization, then the Whites civilized every tribe based on their way of life.
No, igbos were not living on trees and tying leaves.
That is the effect of Western imperialism,racism, brainwashing and propaganda on an ignorant mind such as yours.
Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I thought you wanted to debate civily? What shows that you have evolved as a human being?
Last time i checked,we were both debating about Lagos and the right to contest elections.
It's only a child that will back track in a heated discourse and spew all sorts of illogical views.
Everything you've written from leaving on trees to being disorganized has long been debunked on this forum, so i wouldn't spare my time debunking it all over.
But for the sake of the public, Republican Government and tying wrappers is not sinonlmous to Uncivilization.
Every African group had it's civilization, culture, government and religion before Western civilization.
I rather find it ridiculous and a huge pointer to inferiority complex that Black Africans celebrate Western civilization when in real terms, all Africans are Apes to the racist White man.
It is every more ridiculous that you glorify their civilization and use it as a standard for judging other Nigerians.
No reasonable Nigerian will gloat over seeing the White man first or consider the government system of his neighbours as inferior and primitive.
Those are racist tendencies and standards set by the white men.
It just like stating that Africans with White features are more evolved than people with Negriod features.
I weep for the Black man's stuppidty!

You digressed from the conversation when you made mention of civilization and colonialism.

Wait, you think buba and sokoto were adopted from Western civilization? Lol

Or you think Aso oke, adiire were also part of Western civilization?

Yoruba's civilization started way before they came in contact with the whites...

5 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

They deleted it? Lol. So much for bigotry and fooliishness!

Honestly, it's absurd to see an individual arguing about Lagos a while ago, jumping into bitter and ignorant comments largely because of insufficient information about igbos or the joy you get when making some of these abusive remarks.
If you want us to debate about Western civilization, then the Whites civilized every tribe based on their way of life.
No, igbos were not living on trees and tying leaves.
That is the effect of Western imperialism,racism, brainwashing and propaganda on an ignorant mind such as yours.
Too bad.

5 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

You digressed from the conversation when you made mention of civilization and colonialism.

Wait, you think buba and sokoto were adopted from Western civilization? Lol

Or you think Aso oke, adiire were also part of Western civilization?

Yoruba's civilization started way before they came in contact with the whites...
And you don't know Igbos had equivalents before colonization?
Lol. Child, you need to read more!
Anyway, you were gloating over growth and development in Lagos without putting into consideration the strategic position and importance of Lagos in Nigerian history.
You can't talk about that without referring to Western civilization.
You also started the Western cave man tales, so what else?

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
[quote author=Omofunaab2 post=58725301][/quote] Still acting up, all childish. Ndo!

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

And you don't know Igbos had equivalents before colonization?
Lol. Child, you need to read more!
Anyway, you were gloating over growth and development in Lagos without putting into consideration the strategic position and importance of Lagos in Nigerian history.
You can't talk about that without referring to Western civilization.
You also started the Western cave man tales, so what else?

Lol, why shouldn't i talk about Yoruba's pre colonial civilization? Western Civilization was an added advantage, it doesn't dispute the fact that yorubas had a monarchial democracy, were well organized and governed by a central administration , built empires, built strong walls.

You want me to accept that people who were known to be without clothes, who were not organized, had no empire, built no walls suddenly evolved to develop lagos. .

Remember you said you will show me the antecedents of igbos in pre and post independence era of lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
princenaira:
When I see some useless and non entity Yoruba's open their mouth wide to talk against Igbo's and give their support y Hausas. I wonder if they actually suck breast milk from their parents or that of a sick cow. How on earth can you forget too soon that Hausa's do not believe that any other tribe except themselves is worthy of controlling this Country. How many Yorubas own oil well before 99? Have you not bee. reading or seeing the level of destruction going on this country by Book haram and Fulani herdsmen. Who killed your brother Abiola and his wife. Again the battle line is drawn with your captain Osibanjo at the middle. Let's watch the drama infold. All the Yoruba's are here in Igbo land doing their business and their taxis without molestation and still you guys are there running mouth like part. Kwontinue

Each to its own. We willl not give Igbo a free ride to attack us just because Hausa commits atrocities against us. Your thinking is warped!

Igbo will start an issue but when we respond you guys are quick to introduce a third ethnic group into the dimension. What does Hausa have to do with whats going on here?

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lol, why shouldn't i talk about Yoruba's pre colonial civilization? Western Civilization was an added advantage, it doesn't dispute the fact that yorubas had a monarchial democracy, were well organized and governed by a central administration , built empires, built strong walls.

You want me to accept that people who were known to be without clothes, who were not organized, had no empire, built no walls suddenly evolve to develop lagos. .
Remember you said you will show me the antecedents of igbos in pre and post independence era of lagos.

I will be the last person to talk down about Pre colonial Yorubas because i read, open minded and educated. I am aware of Yoruba culture and civilization before the white man arrived yoruba land,so i can't say they civilized Yoruba,rather they brought western civilization first to Yorubas which gave them easy access to the government and affairs of the White man.

Your problem is mainly Bitter resentments against Igbos, tribalism and inability to process information abi lack of Comprehension skills sef!
I never mentioned that yorubas lack civilization rather i made emphasis on how easy it was to have an edge because they encountered Western civilization before others; which translated to the developments in Lagos today.
This loop hole in communication on your side has exposed what you think about the Igbos.
How can any reasonable person say they were disorganized, living on trees and caves?
This nation can not move forward with bitter, myopic and tribalistic folks like you.
Patethic!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I will be the last person to talk down about Pre colonial Igbos because i read, open minded and educated. I am aware of Yoruba culture and civilization before the white man arrived yoruba land,so i can't say they civilized Yoruba,rather they brought western civilization first to Yorubas which gave them easy access to the government and affairs of the White man.

Your problem is mainly Bitter resentments against Igbos, tribalism and inability to process information abi lack of Comprehension skills sef!
I never mentioned that yorubas lack civilization rather i made emphasis on how easy it was to have an edge because they encountered Western civilization before others; which translated to the developments in Lagos today.
This loop hole in communication on your side has exposed what you think about the Igbos.
How can any reasonable person say they were disorganized, living on trees and caves?
This nation can not move forward with bitter, myopic and tribalistic folks like you.
Patethic!

Check my earlier post, i already alluded to the fact that Western civilization was an added advantage.

What I'm trying to tell you is that
Yoruba's Pre-colonial civilization also played a huge role too so also the Yorubas slave returnees from Brazil (Amaros) but you were quick to allude everything to Western civilization.

Western civilization aided the growth of the Yorubas along with other factors

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

You want me to accept that people who were known to be without clothes, who were not organized, had no empire, built no walls suddenly evolve to develop lagos. .

I find it ridiculous that you still ask of Igbos significant presence and influence in Lagos. Wow!
Anyone that keeps asking this question is a slowpoke,no two ways about it.
What i rather find disturbing is that you insist on relying on Western conspiracy and standards to measure the civilization of other Africans.
Monarchial system of govt doesn't correlate with civilization and Republican doesn't mean primitivenes.
Each has principles and philosophies guilding them while serving the people in both environment.
How do you define disorganization? Because those are the thoughts of the Racist White man?
What do you understand by organization?
Don't you know that Igbos were highly organized with Village heads at the apex of political leadership? The council of elders, age groups and associations acting as checks and balances, each with it's mandate to serve the people?
How do you equate highly evolved people who understand the need to limit power and give every citizen the right and priviledge to participate in the affairs of the society?
I feel like i'm being repetitive...that's purely because i'm dealing with a Dunce!
Find a book and read!

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I will be the last person to talk down about Pre colonial Igbos because i read, open minded and educated. I am aware of Yoruba culture and civilization before the white man arrived yoruba land,so i can't say they civilized Yoruba,rather they brought western civilization first to Yorubas which gave them easy access to the government and affairs of the White man.

Patethic!

I offered to give you a historical recount and you turned it down. Yorubas were not the first encounters when Europeans came to what is now known as Nigeria.

The Portuguese were first Europeans of record followed by Dutch before British. Many have heard of Yoruba but did not know how to ccontact it until the exploration of River Niger brought them into our capital. The Lagos harbour has a secondary coast that act as natural shield against the sea and voyagers. From the ship looking in you see water, a strip of coastal land and behind it more water, you do not believe it to be an entrance into a continental land and so most voyagers ignored venturing in and just passed by. The harbour at the entrance to Bini River is not so shielded and neither is the delta. So from the sea looking in Bini River leads somewhere promising. Same at Warri and Bonny. The voyagers thus had first encounter with the Binis, Itsekiris and Ijaws on the coast. Their encounter with Yoruba on the coast or in the hinterland was much later when trading and exploration expanded.

So Yoruba was not the first to taste Western culture, we just happened to have an advanced civilization already in place that when the contact was made not much significance change was recorded. In fact both sides admitted the European culture was subperior to the one it met in Yorubaland.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by PhockPhockMan: 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
Truckpusher:
Hey !! Mr phockery long time no see !! grin

My man na so, how is things?
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Perezino: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
evilyoruba:

Diabolical people, you hate Biafra with passion and yet get annoyed that Igbo's called Lagos a no mans land.... This is time for diabolical Yoruba's to choose what they want...Yoruba's can't keep speaking with 2 mouths ....it is either Lagos is a no mans land or Biafra... You can't eat your cake and have it ....tiger face unstable cowards

See who's talking Abt 2mouths here.u claim u want Biafra yet u fight for position outside ur Biafra. U must be a senior lun@tic here. I expect u to be headed to ur village in the East by now instead of vying for elective post in another man's land.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Check my earlier post, i already alluded to the fact that Western civilization was an added advantage.

What I'm trying to tell you is that
Yoruba's Pre-colonial civilization also played a huge role too so also the Yorubas slave returnees from Brazil (Amaros) but you were quick to allude everything to Western civilization.

Western civilization aided the growth of the Yorubas along with other factors
The Slave returnees you speak of were not only comprised of Yorubas and they had already encountered Western civilization in the Americas. A number of them made contributions because of their interactions outside Africa.
There is no way you can talk about growth in any part of Colonial West Africa without reference to Western civilization.

As far as you are concerned,igbos live on trees and caves. I can't figure out your type of mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by MetaPhysical: 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

The Slave returnees you speak of where not only comprised of Yorubas and they had already encountered Western civilization in the Americas. A number of them made contributions because of their interactions outside Africa.
There is no way you can talk about growth in any part of Colonial West Africa without reference to Western civilization.

As far as you are concerned,igbos live on trees and caves. I can't figure out your type of mindset.

You should separate Western Culture from Western Civilization. The two are not the same.

European civilization is far superior to English culture for instance. We were colonized by England. We were given English culture, not European civilization. What we call Western Civilization is a net total of all the cultural assimilations and growth birthing from Egyptian cults and arts, Roman arts and writing, Ottoman warfare and arts, Semitic cults and science.... In what you call Western Civilization are spectres of Black cults, arts and alchemy. So separate British culture from Western civilization and you will discover that the English people that colonized us are inferior set of people.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
MetaPhysical:

I offered to give you a historical recount and you turned it down. Yorubas were not the first encounters when Europeans came to what is now known as Nigeria.

The Portuguese were first Europeans of record followed by Dutch before British. Many have heard of Yoruba but did not know how to ccontact it until the exploration of River Niger brought them into our capital. The Lagos harbour has a secondary coast that act as natural shield against the sea and voyagers. From the ship looking in you see water, a strip of coastal land and behind it more water, you do not believe it to be an entrance into a continental land and so most voyagers ignored venturing in and just passed by. The harbour at the entrance to Bini River is not so shielded and neither is the delta. So from the sea looking in Bini River leads somewhere promising. Same at Warri and Bonny. The voyagers thus had first encounter with the Binis, Itsekiris and Ijaws on the coast. Their encounter with Yoruba on the coast or in the hinterland was much later when trading and exploration expanded.

So Yoruba was not the first to taste Western culture, we just happened to have an advanced civilization already in place that when the contact was made not much significance change was recorded. In fact both sides admitted the European culture was subperior to the one it met in Yorubaland.
Of course, this is elementary knowledge to good students of history.
However the first group to meet the White man is not the subject of this argument rather the first beneficiary of and access to early Western Civilization such as Education, Health care and Colonial Civil Service etc.
I wouldn't over emphasize the position and historical significance of Lagos in Colonial Nigeria, that should equally be elementary knowledge to you.
Nevertheless, Lagos became the seat of colonial administrators of a united colony thereby introducing and attracting civilization which spread across the Western region and subsequently tickled down to the Easterners.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
MetaPhysical:

You should separate Western Culture from Western Civilization. The two are not the same.

European civilization is far superior to English culture for instance. We were colonized by England. We were given English culture, not European civilization. What we call Western Civilization is a net total of all the cultural assimilations and growth birthing from Egyptian cults and arts, Roman arts and writing, Ottoman warfare and arts, Semitic cults and science.... In what you call Western Civilization are spectres of Black cults, arts and alchemy. So separate British culture from Western civilization and you will discover that the English people that colonized us are inferior set of people.
I have never alluded that Western civilization is far superior or that we had no culture prior that.
You have to debate within a given context.
You can't analyze Modern Nigeria without references to Western civilization, Formal education and health care, Communication and Transportation.
They brought their form of civilization which we acquired to be able to have full access to the benefits of Western Civilization in an emerging Society and Nation.
Please process information before responding.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I find it ridiculous that you still ask of Igbos significant presence and influence in Lagos. Wow!
Anyone that keeps asking this question is a slowpoke,no two ways about it.
What i rather find disturbing is that you insist on relying on Western conjuretion and standards to measure the civilization of other Africans.
Monarchial system of govt doesn't correlate with civilization and Republican doesn't mean primitivenes.
Each has guilding principles and philosophies guilding them while serving the people in both environment.
How do you define disorganization? Because those are the thoughts of the Racist White man?
What do you understand organization?
Don't you know that Igbos were highly organized with Village heads at the apex of political leadership? The council of elders, age groups and associations acting as checks and balances, each with it's mandate to serve the people?
How do you equate highly evolved people who understand the need to limit power and give every citizen the right and priviledge to participate in the affairs of the society?
I feel like i'm being repetitive...that's purely because i'm dealing with a Dunce!
Find a book and read!

You are bereft of intelligence.

You spoke of igbos antecedents in pre and post independence era of lagos. I challenged you to show us those antecedents but you cowardly reneged

Then again you talked about the huge presence of igbos in lagos, how they have contributed to the development of lagos state. I challenged you again to list the contributions.. But you cowardly refused again . . Remember, i told you then that PAYE accounts for the huge chunk of lagos IGR and not all those alaba market corner shops

We have seen lots of ridiculous claims on this forum most especially from the igbos who claim they own 90% of the properties in Lagos state. We have seen your ilks that have said many times on this forum that they control the economy in lagos state... just like you ignorantly said the other time that if igbos should shut down alaba market, that Nigerians will suffer.

You guys need to start backing some of your claims with facts. . There's more to just "igbos developed lagos" "igbos control the economy of lagos" igbos owns 90% of the properties in Lagos "

One of your brothers said on the first page that Igbos owns investments amounting to trillions in lagos.. We need to know those investments.

This debate about multi dollar investments in lagos started few days ago on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industrious-richest-intelligent#58400394

Your brothers were shocked on that thread, some of them even conceded defeat.. . Some later claimed they have their major investments in the East and not lagos.
I'm sure you will be shocked too if you open that thread

Markets don't control lagos economy.. Ogun state doesn't have any major markets but it's IGR is more than the entire south east that claims to have international markets

I won't bother explaining what civilization means to you.

But, Do you know the system of government practiced by the Yorubas in pre colonial era is what many now call democracy in the modern world?

The reason why you guys were conquered and sold as slaves by the binis was because of your Republican structure.. A structure without no standing army, no defense, no war commander, no walls .. A structure prone to invasions.... you guys couldn't even organize your age groups to defend your territories from invasions....all you were able to organize was the fight contests to win the heart of the village prostitute. You need to appreciate those who had sense to build walls, make weapons to defend themselves from foreign invasions..

They are lots of things you don't understand, you don't understand civilization, organization.. You don't even understand what it means to make significant contribution to an economy .

You don't need to argue much again.. Just list ways you think igbos have contributed to lagos state.

Start from the Igbo antecedents pre and post independence era in lagos.

You can't just make ridiculous claims. .. You will forever be a slowpoke if you can't prove your claims

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

You are bereft of intelligence.

You spoke of igbos antecedents in pre and post independence era of lagos. I challenged you to show us those antecedents but you cowardly reneged

Then again you talked about the huge presence of igbos in lagos, how they have contributed to the development of lagos state. I challenged you again to list the contributions.. But you cowardly refused again . . Remember, i told you then that PAYE accounts for the huge chunk of lagos IGR and not all those alaba market corner shops

We have seen lots of ridiculous claims on this forum most especially from the igbos who claim they own 90% of the properties in Lagos state. We have seen your ilks that have said many times on this forum that they control the economy in lagos state... just like you ignorantly said the other time that if igbos should shut down alaba market, that Nigerians will suffer.

You guys need to start backing some of your claims with facts. . There's more to just "igbos developed lagos" "igbos control the economy of lagos" igbos owns 90% of the properties in Lagos "

One of your brothers said on the first page that Igbos owns investments amounting to trillions in lagos.. We need to know those investments.

This debate about multi dollar investments in lagos started few days ago on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industrious-richest-intelligent#58400394

Your brothers were shocked on that thread, some of them even conceded defeat.. . Some later claimed they have their major investments in the East and not lagos.
I'm sure you will be shocked too if you open that thread

Markets don't control lagos economy.. Ogun state doesn't have any major markets but it's IGR is more than the entire south east that claims to have international markets

I won't bother explaining what civilization means to you.

But, Do you know the system of government practiced by the Yorubas in pre colonial era is what many now call democracy in the modern world?

The reason why you guys were conquered and sold as slaves by the binis was because of your Republican structure.. A structure without no standing army, no defense, no war commander, no walls .. A structure prone to invasions.... you guys couldn't even organize your age groups to defend your territories from invasions....all you were able to organize was the fight contests to win the heart of the village prostitute. You need to appreciate those who had sense to build walls, make weapons to defend themselves from foreign invasions..

They are lots of things you don't understand, you don't understand civilization, organization.. You don't even understand what it means to make significant contribution to an economy .

You don't need to argue much again.. Just list ways you think igbos have contributed to lagos state.

Start from the Igbo antecedents pre and independence era in lagos.

You can't just make ridiculous claims. .. You will forever be a slowpoke if you can't prove your claims
Unfortunately i don't engage myself in irrelevant verbal exchanges especially with one with excessive resentments about a particular group.
I tried engaging you in an intellectual discourse all to no avail rather you were more interested in making loads of remarks bereft of any logic.

Go through all by post, and realize that i never alluded that Igbos own Lagos or built Lagos.
My stance has always been that Lagos was built by it's diversity and that Igbos have contributed to its growth along with other ethnic groups,therefore Lagos was not solely built by yorubas regardless of it's geographical location.
I still don't understand the thickness density of your skull and why you keep drawing inferences.
Igbos along with many Yorubas were sold to White men so where does the superiority of your government come in? Lol.
As for the other talks about disorganization, i will blame it on inadequate information about people different from you.
I will like you to show me the people that invaded Igbo land that Igbos couldn't handle?
I see you can't ignore European standards while interpreting African way of life. The height of fooliishness!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by 9jakool: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
YungMillionaire:

You are comparing Abuja indigenes to Yorubas who built empires before the arrival of the white man? Go buy sense.
Don't mind am joor.

Abuja is the only major city you can say was built from scratch with oil proceeds and developed equally by all Nigerians.

Remember that Ibadan was the largest city in Subsaharan Africa pre-independence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Unfortunately i don't engage myself in irrelevant verbal exchanges especially with one with excessive resentments about a particular group.
I tried engaging you in an intellectual discourse all to no avail rather you were more interested in making loads of remarks bereft of any logic.

Go through all by post, and realize that i never alluded that Igbos own Lagos or built Lagos.
My stance has always been that Lagos was built by it's diversity and that Igbos have contributed to its growth along with other ethnic groups,therefore Lagos was not solely built by yorubas regardless of it's geographical location.
I still don't understand the thickness density of your skull and why you keep drawing inferences.
Igbos along with many Yorubas were sold to White men so were does the superiority of your government come in? Lol.
As for the other talks about disorganization, i will blame it on inadequate information about people different from you.
I will like you to show me the people that invaded Igbo land that Igbos couldn't handle?
I see you can't ignore European standards while interpreting African way of life. The height of fooliishness!

No need going back and forth with you again. . Since you can't justify all your claims.

Like i said, you will forever be a slowpoke

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

No need doing this back and forth with you again. . Since you have failed to justify all your claims.

Like i said, you will forever be a slowpoke
You can't refer to one more intelligent than you a slowpoke.
Definitely not one that makes illogical statements.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
9jakool:

Don't mind am joor.

Abuja is the only major city you can say was built from scratch with oil proceeds and developed equally by all Nigerians.

Remember that Ibadan was the largest city in Subsaharan Africa pre-independence.
Pre independence, Ibadan was mainly a military centre and subsequently became a trading centre as a result of the activities and establishment of the colonialist.
Shortly before independence , Ibadan became the largest subsaharan city by 'Surface' not the largest/most 'Developed' city in Subsaharan Africa.
Point to note is that what we call cities, 'Lagos, Ibadan and Enugu' were all mapped out and develped by Western colonialist not solely by the natives of the aforementioned areas.
The colonialist established Schools, Churches, infastructures, Postal services and Hospitals to give erstwhile villages a city look.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by bukynkwuenu: 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
bayulll011:

generally I don't answers kids,

do u know otedola,do u know alakija,do u know dangote ok lets not start from there there do u know Davido father I don't think u know because u are draftt.

which banks and insurance company do u guys dominated in nija,apart from fidelity,and diamond don't mentioned zenith cos it's own by Ovia and he's from delta,kids that don't know anything but comes online and show their ignorant.

u ended up being d Daft Punk.....i asked politely and u answered liked a hateful vagabond...if I outline igbo billionaires u will not stand it cos our riches spread out n not concentrated on few...but it is not competition,because at d end u are going to bed poor... nothing changed

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

You can't refer to one more intelligent than you a slowpoke.
Definitely not one that makes illogical statements.

Actually, what i typed was a m0ron.. I think the word has been censored on nairaland.. . The mods needs to understand that there is no better word to describe some people on this forum... in your case the word fits you perfectly well

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Develpeast: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

I don't mean to quote you but I have an uncle who wanted to settle in one of the SE state but was denied the access to purchase a land when they heard he is not an indigene.

And I know this would have happen to others hence why other tribes would have zero their mind in settle in the east.

Let's call a spade, a spade! Only few among you are accommodating while others are hostile.

Give me the number of your uncle and the location he wanted to purchase the land and let us see if they will not sell the land.

I can assure you that if he needs a land this minute, I will arrange for the land to be given to him asap without any hassle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sambo, First Lady’s Offices Shut As Ministers Shun Aso Rock / Man Marks IPOB Sit-At-Home With Python (Photos) / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.