Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,974 members, 7,852,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC (48131 Views)

Peter Obi, Jimi Agbaje Storm Alaba International Market - Photos / The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

You can't compare Lagos, a melting pot of diverse Nigerian groups to Abakaliki wholly dominated by Igbo people.
I asked a question which would invariably point to the differences between Lagos and Abakilili but i 'm suprised you couldn't respond but chose to call me daft. You are not being civil.

Once again are Hausa people a majority group in Abakiliki like the Igbos of Lagos?
Do they dominate any part of Abakiliki like Igbos in Ojo lga and Festac?
Are they equal contributors in the affairs of Abakiliki?
You can't compare Lagos and Abakilili. Igbos presence, contribution and population in Lagos can't be overemphasized, can't say the same for the Hausa in Abakiliki!

You just want to be selectively blind. .. I have showed you the example of abakpa ward 1 in Ebonyi State where a certain alhaji Sanusi mohammed.. . besides having businesses, shops etc are not known to be part of electoral requirements for contesting a councillorship seat...

4 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by slendxy: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

I noticed this while in Owerri. Landed properties are really expensive down there and i kinda understand why it's expensive.

My uncle just sold his plot in our village at Anambra #3.5m. My village is a remote village without tarred road. Will they have mind to buy such?

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2017
izzou:

We arent talking about who owns anywhere. We are talking about his people giving him a reasonable number of votes that can make him win. Igbos dont own Alaba, Ojo or Festac but they dwell heavily there. Na highest number of votes dey win, no be who get the place. Thats just my point

Yeah still same thing, even if you bring the entire Ebonyi State to come and vote for an igbo man in ikorodu, ijebu people will never allow it to stand .. . Bro I'm just being honest

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by invisibeTroll: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2017
GogetterMD:
Can I, as a westerner, go to the east to vie for a political post

Nothing stops you, man. The real question is do we have non-Igbos actively residing in Igbo states that are willing to partake in politics in those areas? Participation in politics can only be done in areas where one is active. I'm sure you know it will be difficult for an Igbo man living in the S'East to contest and win in Amuwo Odofin.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Nwakaumu(m): 10:38am On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

So you don't want Biafra again Igbos? You can't eat your cake and have it back. If you want to stay in Nigeria, first of all refrain your bile tongue from hateful words.
So igbos will not go to foreign land again because they want biafra?no wonder they say an average yoruba man thinks like a 10 years old igbo boy.keep staying in you rusted zinc ogbomosho mud house while eating amala and ewedu and expect the world to come and pay you"nigur if u wanna be rich,get off ur ass. homage.lazy folks
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

Baba, You have spoken well because judging from the recent hatred words oozing from ipob members in the east hence enough to stop them from holding any political office outside their zones. You should know by now some of them want to eat their cake and have it back. Even if that wants to happen, no need to spew hateful words to your hosts forgetting you will need them in future. Can any tribe go to east to contest for political office? Let's even start from land purchase, they won't sell their land to non indigenes let alone from another tribe.

However according to the law, they have the right to contest for electoral post even now that it's happening in a domain dominated by them.

I have some handful liberal igbo friends in amuwo Odofin, Ojo, festac who seriously hate the recent agitation to secede giving strong instance to why one Nigeria would benefit them more than biafra.

I pray you look for work in my company owned by an Igbo man. I will dump your CV in the trash can the moment i print it out

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by balosunky(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2017
feelgoodInc:

Lagos is not a yoruba Land, The oba of Lagos said it, if you're not the Oba of Lagos don't say otherwise, you don't have the power to declare otherwise.
The same oba that want to dump you in the lagoon grin

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by nengibo: 10:51am On Jul 22, 2017
GogetterMD:
Yes, but they will won't vote for you or kill you by any means, igbos are not accommodating like other Nigerian tribes

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by fratermathy(m): 10:55am On Jul 22, 2017
OkoYibo:

You're being deceitful.

Even minority Igbos aren't allowed to contest. An hausa man contested for Councillorship position in Ebonyi amd and Igbos here on Nairaland called it an abomination.

What do you mean by "minority Igbos"? Are there any that I don't know of? Igbo is Igbo and Igbo is not a minority.

So explain yourself. Don't give the impression that you are referring to SS minorities that are non-Igboid as "minority Igbos".

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by AroOkigbo(m): 10:55am On Jul 22, 2017
GogetterMD:
Yes.
You concern should be if you will be able to gather enough votes to win.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Britain4(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:
And many jobless, Vissionless, missionless, ambionless and futureless Igbo Youths are here in the East wasting their precious man-hour following Nnamdi Kanu upanda

Guy must you insult to make your senseless point
Once we loose that precious aspect of our culture which is humility to serve our master,(i.e learning trade, skills) intelligence, perseverance and diligence, we loose the dignity of our identity

Ndi-Igbo kulienu n'ura
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

You just want to be selectively blind. .. I have showed you the example of abakpa ward 1 in Ebonyi State where a certain alhaji Sanusi mohammed.. . besides having businesses, shops etc are not known to be part of electoral requirements for contesting a councillorship seat...
I just saw that others have given you similar responses yet you can't rise above your myopic opinion and sentiments against Igbos. Ask yourself this question, have you seen an Igbo contest elections in Sokoto state being fully aware that Igbos don't heavily dominate Sokoto irrespective of the fact that they may have viable sources of income.
An Igbo man is ultimately a better candiate for any political party where ever Igbos dominate.
Where in Igboland or Abakiliki do Hausas dominate or populate that will make a Hausa man an ideal candidate?
If you can't still relate then bigotry has taken over your sense of reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
I pray you look for work in my company owned by an Igbo man. I will dump your CV in the trash can the moment i print it out

Lol, please do and kindly stay away from quoting me if you don't have superior argument to countered my statement.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by OkoYibo: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2017
fratermathy:

What do you mean by "minority Igbos"? Are there any that I don't know of? Igbo is Igbo and Igbo is not a minority.

So explain yourself. Don't give the impression that you are referring to SS minorities that are non-Igboid as "minority Igbos".

The SS are independent people and not Igbos.

Within Igboland, there is widespread discrimination against fellow Igbos. Don't come here and tell me Igbo is igbo when the Osu caste system exists.

Haven't you heard here on Nairaland when some miscreants refer to Nsukka and Abakaliki people as Wawa?

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2017
Nwakaumu:
So igbos will not go to foreign land again because they want biafra?no wonder they say an average yoruba man thinks like a 10 years old igbo boy.keep staying in you rusted zinc ogbomosho mud house while eating amala and ewedu and expect the world to come and pay you"nigur if u wanna be rich,get off ur ass. homage.lazy folks

I thought as much. Insults here and there. You are deviating from the topic discussion.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2017
Marotzke:
is it necessary that you say this?
Do you really need the bile and antagonism that comes with your assertion?
Igbos have billions if not trillions of naira worth of investment in these areas.
Being part of the local politics is very necessary to protect these investments.
Is it really necessary to use the word "Dominate"?
Must you look for trouble where none exist?

The Igbos themselves will correct this as they voluntarily become foreigners in Nigeria with actualisation of Biafra.

Their numbers won't matter anymore if they have to start counting years before they can " naturalise " as Nigerisns.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 10:59am On Jul 22, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Yeah still same thing, even if you bring the entire Ebonyi State to come and vote for an igbo man in ikorodu, ijebu people will never allow it to stand .. . Bro I'm just being honest
Lmao! Wait for that time to come to taste the political relevance of Igbos in Ikorodu.
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

I have not disagreed with your point and i accepted that things like that happen, not just in the SE but all over the country. Do you know that a lot of Yoruba landlords don't rent to Igbo tenants? How do you explain that? I guess you will have a cogent point to exonerate Yoruba landlords. That's not to say that there are open minded Yoruba landlords and there are a lot of them. So, you see, these things are not peculiar to any region.

I am aware of some yoruba landlords who are somewhat hostile to Igbo people. It wasn't like this before but due to the boastful words from some of your people which results to it.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Afam4eva(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2017
wristbangle:

I am aware of some yoruba landlords who are somewhat hostile to Igbo people. It wasn't like this before but due to the boastful words from some of your people which results to it.
Exactly what i was expecting from you and you sure didn't disappoint. Yorubas must really be perfect since any ill that they're involved in is as a result of something else. So, boastful words from Igbos is the reason why some Yorubas don't rent to Igbos? Wow, you just knocked me off my feet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 11:05am On Jul 22, 2017
OkoYibo:

The SS are independent people and not Igbos.

Within Igboland, there is widespread discrimination against fellow Igbos. Don't come here and tell me Igbo is igbo when the Osu caste system exists.

Haven't you heard here on Nairaland when some miscreants refer to Nsukka and Abakaliki people as Wawa?
There is no group that don't discriminate and have internal rancour.
The Igbos are more pronounced because folks like you that want to die on Igbo cases spread it on Nairaland.
Okrika and Kalabari fight each other yet they are Ijaws.
In fact,there are more intra-ethnic fights in the Niger delta than amongst the Igbos.
When the chips are down, Ijebu, Awori and Egun will say they are not Yorubas.
Brotherly fights and quarrels are not unique to Igbos, so don't be stupidlly stereotypical!

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by OkoYibo: 11:08am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

There is no group that don't discriminate and have internal rancour.
The Igbos are more pronounced because folks like you that want to die on Igbo cases spread it on Nairaland.
Okrika and Kalabari fight each other yet they are Ijaws.
In fact,there are more intra-ethnic fights in the Niger delta than amongst the Igbos.
When the lights are low, Ijebu, Awori and Egun will say they are not Yorubas.
Brotherly fights and quarrels are not unique to Igbos, so don't be stupidlly stereotypical!

Look here, you ill-bred mongrel. It is a known fact that Igbos discriminate against everyone even their own blood. Need examples?

Anambra versus Enugu, Abia sacking Imo workers, All if them versus Ebonyi (Wawa people)

Traditionally, discrimination is the basic thread that binds clusters of Igbos together. That is why Igbos were never united enough to build any ancient city, Empire, monument or heritage.

When you go to the East, you see little clusters of houses each claiming to be an 'autonomous community'.

The Igbos are so bleeped up that even daughters are regarded as third class citizens in their own fathers' compounds. Once a man dies, his daughters can't inherit his property. It took the Supreme Court to give a voice to the millions of Igbo daughters oppressed by their own blood brothers.

The only time you see Igbos united together is whenever they want to do something criminal or evil. They have never been united to do develop, build, leave legacies or anything good.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 11:10am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I just saw that others have given you similar responses yet you can't rise above your myopic opinion and sentiments against Igbos. Ask yourself this question, have you seen an Igbo contest elections in Sokoto state being fully aware that Igbos don't heavily dominate Sokoto irrespective of the fact that they may have viable sources of income.
An Igbo man is ultimately a better candiate for any political party where ever Igbos dominate.
Where in Igboland or Abakiliki do Hausas dominate or populate that will make a Hausa man an ideal candidate?

Lol, you guys love repeating questions that has already been answered.. .There's a huge percentage of hausas in nteje very close to afikpo.. even your brothers attested to this on nairaland...

But Like i said earlier, you are selectively blind

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by victorvezx(m): 11:11am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

U are not even ashamed of urself. U feel good that igbos can contest for election in the south west, but u condemn Hausa people from doing the same in the south east. Evil hypocrite. U are a bigot. I think ebonyi state naturally share a border with benue state, and benue is like an extension of northern Nigeria, because they historically were part of the north. There are millions of Hausa/Fulani in benue state, so it will only be reasonable that thousands can enter neighbouring ebonyi state and dominate an area, especially the border areas of ebonyi state.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Oblang(m): 11:12am On Jul 22, 2017
evilyoruba:

Diabolical people, you hate Biafra with passion and yet get annoyed that Igbo's called Lagos a no mans land.... This is time for diabolical Yoruba's to choose what they want...Yoruba's can't keep speaking with 2 mouths ....it is either Lagos is a no mans land or Biafra... You can't eat your cake and have it ....tiger face unstable cowards

What is this one saying..who is hating Biafra? No one is hating on u getting ur Biafra not even northerners (cos they ve shown that with the ultimatum given). All we say is go about it the proper way and stop insulting others in the course of ur agitation...are u saying ur eye is on lagos now rather than ur Biafra...

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by greatiyk4u(m): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2017
NwaEzefuNaMba:

what will it cost for you to keep your mouth shut?
must you castigate everything you are not in support of?
how many times have you seen a core northerner condemning Buhari?
how many core northerners have seen condemning Boko haram?
people are been detained for criticizing Kaduna state governor.
an Igbo man from Delta state was arrested, detained and granted a 50 thousand bail for merely naming his dog Buhari.
in as much as i personally dislike their mode of operation, but the last thing i will do is coming to a public forum to condemn them.
atuaru omaru, omaru; mana atuaru ofeke, otinye isi na ofia!
ogwu kwa ka oram na Onu.

Point noted and thanks
Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:19am On Jul 22, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Point noted and thanks
peace be unto thee and thy household.

1 Like

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 11:21am On Jul 22, 2017
victorvezx:

U are not even ashamed of urself. U feel good that igbos can contest for election in the south west, but u condemn Hausa people from doing the same in the south east. Evil hypocrite. U are a bigot. I think ebony I naturally share a border with benue state, and benue is like an extension of northern Nigeria, because they historically were part of the north. There are millions of Hausa/Fulani in benue state, so it will only be reasonable that thousands can enter neighbouring ebonyi state and dominate an area, especially the border areas.
Insults have never solved any problem. I usually consider insults as a pointer to the individual's inability to sustain a discourse because they are bereft of logical reasoning.
No one said You can't contest in the East however,people contest in areas where they have significant population and influence such as the Igbos of Ojo ward.
Where do the fulanis and hausas dominate in Abakiliki?
I expect you to maintain a level of civility this time.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by KemjikaEme: 11:32am On Jul 22, 2017
OkoYibo:

Look here, you ill-bred mongrel. It is a known fact that Igbos discriminate against everyone even their own blood. Need examples?

Anambra versus Enugu, Abia sacking Imo workers, All if them versus Ebonyi (Wawa people)

Traditionally, discrimination is the basic thread that binds clusters of Igbos together. That is why Igbos were never united enough to build any ancient city, Empire, monument or heritage.

When you go to the East, you see little clusters of houses each claiming to be an 'autonomous community'.

The Igbos are so bleeped up that even daughters are regarded as third class citizens in their own fathers' compounds. Once a man dies, his daughters can't inherit his property. It took the Supreme Court to give a voice to the millions of Igbo daughters oppressed by their own blood brothers.

The only time you see Igbos united together is whenever they want to do something criminal or evil. They have never been united to do develop, build, leave legacies or anything good.
To be frank, Igbo unity should not be part of your headache. It takes a lot of joblessness to sit here,mock and debate about Igbo unity and internal rancor.
It will be in your best interest to take it up with the tribal E lords because my intention on here is to discuss the ability to contest elections around Nigeria.

Nevertheless,i would remind you that Igbos practiced the Republican system of governance or Meritocracy as against Empire building.
In modern times, Civilized society are gradually moving towards Democracy/Republican goverance which is as old as the first Igbo people on earth.
I don't see how that should be a material for your moronic writeups.
Anyway, discrimination exist all over Nigeria,it is not peculiar to any ethnic group and that is basically not my area of interest.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by wristbangle: 11:32am On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

Exactly what i was expecting from you and you sure didn't disappoint. Yorubas must really be perfect since any ill that they're involved in is as a result of something else. So, boastful words from Igbos is the reason why some Yorubas don't rent to Igbos? Wow, you just knocked me off my feet.

We are not perfect boss, we have our shortcomings but the bolded is one of the reasons why some yoruba landlords are hostile to Igbos.

Nice having a conversation with you.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC by Omofunaab2: 11:37am On Jul 22, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Lmao! Wait for that time to come to taste the political relevance of Igbos in Ikorodu.

Well, my wish is that you guys get your potopoto Republic but before the actualization of ur dpotopoto Republic, it won't be a bad idea if alaba market is relocated to ikorodu... Well i trust ijebu people sha

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Disagreement In Niger Delta After Buhari Appoints Boroh As Amnesty Chairman / Neya Uzor Kalu's Look To Seyi Tinubu's Wedding / Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.