Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693552 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Arigold007: 4:57am On Oct 28, 2017
congratulations to all those that have received their visas thus far, pls go ahead succeed and represent us well. pls has anyone received appointment for interview next year, I really need to know when to book for appointment. I mailed about 3 weeks back and they said they are booked for the year
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Josebriggs: 5:57am On Oct 28, 2017
I am quite surprised. I am of the opinion that you should mail them first week of January. Its quite funny that the year has been booked out already.Did you defer your admission from winter to summer or you applied for summer program recently,i am asking this as per getting admission letter so fast.
Arigold007:
congratulations to all those that have received their visas thus far, pls go ahead succeed and represent us well. pls has anyone received appointment for interview next year, I really need to know when to book for appointment. I mailed about 3 weeks back and they said they are booked for the year

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Instructor001(m): 7:13am On Oct 28, 2017
Johnnyessence:
congrats bro. More blessing. Go to Germany and succeed.

Thanks bro....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
@honourableseyi,

Thank you. You are recognised as a mentor. grin

@xcela,

I applied and was not shortlisted.. Same with my friend. Now heading to Deutschland. grin

@Arigold007,

Please, kindly be patient as they are still attending to Winter students. Ending of November should be okay.

@SooCute,

Appointments for certification are booked online and not through email.

For Lagos:

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=lago&request_locale=en

For Abuja:

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=abuj&request_locale=en

Go down to Legal and Consular Affairs.

@righthappenings,
@makinzwurld,
@Instructor001,
@Touchflex,

Congratulations, succeed in Deutschland!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
donkafor:
@honourableseyi,

Thank you. You are recognised as a mentor. grin

@xcela,

I applied and was not shortlisted.. Same with my friend. Now heading to Deutschland. grin

@Arigold007,

Please, kindly be patient as they are still attending to Winter students. Ending of November should be okay.

@SooCute,

Appointments for certification are booked online and not through email.

For Lagos:

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=lago&request_locale=en

For Abuja:

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=abuj&request_locale=en

Go down to Legal and Consular Affairs.

@righthappenings,
@makinzwurld,
@Instructor001,
@Touchflex,

Congratulations, succeed in Deutschland!!! grin grin grin

Oga boss, would love to relate with you before your departure in camera.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
Drop your contact details or DM @donkafor via TW.
OJCITY22:

Oga boss, would love to relate with you before your departure in camera.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by henrymor: 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hi fam,

My name is Ayanlowo Henry. I wish to do my masters in a German University. I studied Geology and wish do my masters in Geographical Information System. It is hard finding a university that offer the course. Please I need someone to help me out. And if there is any other course related to geology I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
donkafor:
Drop your contact details or DM @donkafor via TW.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
henrymor:
Hi fam,

My name is Ayanlowo Henry. I wish to do my masters in a German University. I studied Geology and wish do my masters in Geographical Information System. It is hard finding a university that offer the course. Please I need someone to help me out. And if there is any other course related to geology I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Nice course bro

Go for Geodesy and Geoinformatics( tu berlin, hafencity universitat. Tu munich)

You can also go for Geoinformation in universitat postdam
OR
Msc Eagle in universitat wurzburg

I'm a Geographer though, so we are a bit related
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by henrymor: 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
OJCITY22:

Nice course bro

Go for Geodesy and Geoinformatics( tu berlin, hafencity universitat. Tu munich)

You can also go for Geoinformation in universitat postdam
OR
Msc Eagle in universitat wurzburg

I'm a Geographer though, so we are a bit related

Oh! Thanks for the response and help. I will check the Universities now.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by futurewise11(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
henrymor:

Oh! Thanks for the response and help. I will check the Universities now.

Check University of Bremen......
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abita(m): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
All my ogas, Jigba, honourableseyi, justwise, Eke40seven I greet una... Please I have a question to ask or just words of encouragement, this journey of going to Germany for my masters program started since 2015, then my school in nigeria submited my transcript late to uni-assist, I wrote to uni-assist that they should keep my documents till 2016 wintersession. In 2016 I paid for the evaluation, my result came out, i had a low cgpa, after the evaluation i got a German grade is 2.75, I didn't pass the minimum of 2.5 needed for TH Köln - Master - Automation and IT, so this made me to give up since I'm still working and making a living but mehn the future prospect in nigeria and raising a family is hard. Now I'm back trying to get other options for 2018, so asking my ogas, if a German grade point of 2.75 with impressive work experience and motivational letter I can stand a chance of getting admission to a university in Germany? The current school I want to apply to, I don't need to pass through uni-assist will this increase my chances? or is the anything like taking some prerequist courses in Germany or PGD? I've read oga Eke40seven post were he said that anything less than a Nigerian cgpa of 3.0 you may not get admission how true is this? Also can I just come to germany and do some certification courses? can i stay back and hustle for a job, can one just move to germany and get employment as an engineer?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Richards100: 6:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
Abita:
All my ogas, Jigba, honourableseyi, justwise, Eke40seven I greet una... Please I have a question to ask or just words of encouragement, this journey of going to Germany for my masters program started since 2015, then my school in nigeria submited my transcript late to uni-assist, I wrote to uni-assist that they should keep my documents till 2016 wintersession. In 2016 I paid for the evaluation, my result came out, i had a low cgpa, after the evaluation i got a German grade is 2.75, I didn't pass the minimum of 2.5 needed for TH Köln - Master - Automation and IT, so this made me to give up since I'm still working and making a living but mehn the future prospect in nigeria and raising a family is hard. Now I'm back trying to get other options for 2018, so asking my ogas, if a German grade point of 2.75 with impressive work experience and motivational letter I can stand a chance of getting admission to a university in Germany? The current school I want to apply to, I don't need to pass through uni-assist will this increase my chances? or is the anything like taking some prerequist courses in Germany or PGD? I've read oga Eke40seven post were he said that anything less than a Nigerian cgpa of 3.0 you may not get admission how true is this? Also can I just come to germany and do some certification courses? can i stay back and hustle for a job, can one just move to germany and get employment as an engineer?

U need to know that with your grade, u can secure Admission(s) but firstly ur motivation letter needs to be in good shape and secondly try to apply to non popular schools.
Can u kindly let us know what u studied previously
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hello good evening I just stumbled on this thread..I just finished from the university and I heard about the low tution fee in Germany I'll like to apply for my master's in economics. I also have bsc in economics. please what school will you advice me to apply to.. I and a friend wish to apply both economics I finished with a CGPA 3.4 while she finished with a CGPA of 3.6
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abita(m): 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Thanks so much for your reply, i studied electrical/electronics engineering and i'm working as an instrumentation and control engineer, so wanted to add any course that offers major in 'process automation', as that will add relevance to my working experience to be an all rounder. My movitation letter was good i guess, but since uni-assist didn't forward my documents the school couldn't vet it.

I'm currently looking at Electrical Engineering and Information Technology - International Master of Science • Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, please any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Richards100:

U need to know that with your grade, u can secure Admission(s) but firstly ur motivation letter needs to be in good shape and secondly try to apply to non popular schools.
Can u kindly let us know what u studied previously
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
Abita:
All my ogas, Jigba, honourableseyi, justwise, Eke40seven I greet una... Please I have a question to ask or just words of encouragement, this journey of going to Germany for my masters program started since 2015, then my school in nigeria submited my transcript late to uni-assist, I wrote to uni-assist that they should keep my documents till 2016 wintersession. In 2016 I paid for the evaluation, my result came out, i had a low cgpa, after the evaluation i got a German grade is 2.75, I didn't pass the minimum of 2.5 needed for TH Köln - Master - Automation and IT, so this made me to give up since I'm still working and making a living but mehn the future prospect in nigeria and raising a family is hard. Now I'm back trying to get other options for 2018, so asking my ogas, if a German grade point of 2.75 with impressive work experience and motivational letter I can stand a chance of getting admission to a university in Germany?

Yes, you stand a chance but it's very Slim

The current school I want to apply to, I don't need to pass through uni-assist will this increase my chances?
No, It doesn't matter.

or is the anything like taking some prerequist courses in Germany or PGD?
No, there is nothing like that.
Abita:

I've read oga Eke40seven post were he said that anything less than a Nigerian cgpa of 3.0 you may not get admission how true is this?
Very true.

Also can I just come to germany and do some certification courses? can i stay back and hustle for a job, can one just move to germany and get employment as an engineer?

My Advice to you:
1. Start from the begining again. Yes!.....I mean a Humble Beginning which means applying for another BSc. (This is your Best Shot) As most of the people I know used this strategy and now, it's a success story.
2. Re-Apply again with your 2.75 to some other schools but you really have to garnish your CV and Motivational Letter/SOP with the massive experience you have amassed from your professional work.

So apply for both BSc and MSc. I am very sure you will be happy to make it into Germany at the later end.

#BraceUpBrother
#GermanyIsWorthIt

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
blackchild09:
Hello good evening I just stumbled on this thread..I just finished from the university and I heard about the low tution fee in Germany I'll like to apply for my master's in economics. I also have bsc in economics. please what school will you advice me to apply to.. I and a friend wish to apply both economics I finished with a CGPA 3.4 while she finished with a CGPA of 3.6
Pls someone should help me out
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
blackchild09:

Your being here is not a mistake. This is the right path but you have to go through https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/ and check for the courses that interest you both.

You both are good to go with your GP's which is above 2.3 German grade grin So don't waste tym or delay. Start your Application right away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
neccki:

Your being here is not a mistake. This is the right path but you have to go through https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/ and check for the courses that interest you both.

You both are good to go with your GP's which is above 2.3 German grade grin So don't waste tym or delay. Start your Application right away.
Thanks for the reply I'll check the site now .
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hayor4real: 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
Can I apply to technical university Munich with a cgpa of 3.56 to study mechanical engineering ..thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by neccki: 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hayor4real:
Can I apply to technical university Munich with a cgpa of 3.56 to study mechanical engineering ..thanks

Very well......You are good to go.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
@neccki thanks for your reply, seen couple of schools to apply to and some with little or no tution does that mean I won't pay any school fee?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hayor4real: 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
neccki:

Very well......You are good to go.
thank you

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
hey guys, hows everyone?!

its really cool and cold here in germany. cool. i've spent 4 days here and i've to say its a very nice and beautiful country, most people here are very nice and helpful smiley. i think the stress is worth it.

Newbiessszz!...hope y'all finding your ways around and enjoying yourself in this forum grin. keep try,keep moving and always be resilient .i wish you all the best!

once again big thanks to this forum for all the help rendered to me and everyone here.until next time. cool
God bless you all!

#CHEERS!!! smiley

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
gabi101:

its really cool and cold here in germany. cool. i've spent 4 days here and i've to say its a very nice and beautiful country, most people here are very nice and helpful smiley. i think the stress is worth it.

Newbiessszz!...hope y'all finding your ways around and enjoying yourself in this forum grin. keep try,keep moving and always be resilient .i wish you all the best!

once again big thanks to this forum for all the help rendered to me and everyone here.until next time. cool
God bless you all!

#CHEERS!!! smiley

It's not even winter yet grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
gabi101:

God bless you all!

#CHEERS!!! smiley

Nice one

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 10:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
blackchild09:
@neccki thanks for your reply, seen couple of schools to apply to and some with little or no tution does that mean I won't pay any school fee?

when they say "tuition free" it means you won't pay any money but juss a semester fee. highest I've seen is 430 euros.
And if it's not tuition free, you will still pay a semester fee.
Bless up.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by EmmaIK: 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
Jigba:

That you were single before marriage, yea

Is the certificate we get from the registry enough? I'm reading thing online about an ' Apostille Stamp'. Does this have that?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
EmmaIK:

Is the certificate we get from the registry enough? I'm reading thing online about an ' Apostille Stamp'. Does this have that?

Thanks.

Nope I don't think so
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by EmmaIK: 11:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
Jigba:

Nope I don't think so

So what else do I need? I saw somewhere where they said take it to ABuja to get it stamped?

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.