Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,688 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa (6036 Views)

It Did Not Feel Like One Nigeria Today As Army Murdered Unarmed Civilians / US VP Biden Calls Jonathan, Says He's A Strong Example To Africa / Youths Arrest District-Head Connected To Boko-Haram In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 12:45am On Feb 07, 2010
I'm snowed in, hopefully the streets will be cleared by tomorrow.

do nigeria have street cleaners?
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by oyinda3(f): 12:50am On Feb 07, 2010
MandingoII:

we live in jungles remember? no streets wink
and even if we had streets, we would clean them with our teeth cool
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 2:17am On Feb 07, 2010
yeah, yeah yeah

But the fact remain, you africans are going to have to stop hating on Black Americans for NO REASON.

I don't know of any Black American that go to Africa and HATE ON Africans
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by edoyad(m): 2:24am On Feb 07, 2010
You don't come to Africa cos you can't afford the airfare, which unfortunately was the reason so many of my AA brothers and sisters died in Katrina. The whites flew out but left the poor souls who couldn't before bus fare to face the hurricane.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 2:26am On Feb 07, 2010
I guess when it comes to "akata" everybody forgets their Igbo or Yoruba, you [size=18pt]BLACK[/size] people are mentally ill.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 2:36am On Feb 07, 2010
lol i agree with No2Atheism
he is just at an attempt to divide the black race which is already effed up.
yawn. . . sigh. . .
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 3:16am On Feb 07, 2010
. . .and some people are playing up to it because of their own insecurities. . .
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 07, 2010
see how mandingo grew suddenly tired after my posts?

dont worry- he'll be back as soon as he gets his orders and does a quick emergency meeting.

seriously, these people are amoral, asocial and only interested in death and destruction.

and they're so many. This is why some quarters are seriously considering shutting down the internet.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by oyinda3(f): 6:51am On Feb 07, 2010
ezeagu:

I guess when it comes to "akata" everybody forgets their Igbo or Yoruba, you [size=18pt]BLACK[/size] people are mentally ill.

just like when it comes to "soccer"
the human race is mentally ill u mean? tongue
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by nethacker(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2010
MandingoII:

this idiot sounds like he just escaped frm a psychiatric hospital grin grin
BTW r u sure u were nt raised by lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by EzeUche(m): 9:03am On Feb 07, 2010
An Akata united us for a while. lol

It wasn't the typical Yoruba or Igbo bashing. We just started to bash those ghetto akatas. grin
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2010
tpia.:

see how mandingo grew suddenly tired after my posts?

dont worry- he'll be back as soon as he gets his orders and does a quick emergency meeting.

seriously, these people are amoral, asocial and only interested in death and destruction.

and they're so many. This is why some quarters are seriously considering shutting down the internet.

What in the world are you talking about?
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2010

Huh What in the world are you talking about?

That brawd is crazy.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by An0nimus: 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
undecided
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
An0nimus:

undecided

Its you that resurrected this dying thread.

Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2010
whose going to resurrect your dying country? shocked
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ikeyman00(m): 11:01pm On Feb 07, 2010
@@@@

and what did obama tell all yall retarded akata??

shocked shocked
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by monkeyleg: 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
A real troubled soul. We must all pity this guy.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
A real troubled soul. We must all pity this guy.

why?

what connection do you have to America if you were never born here or visited.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by monkeyleg: 11:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
Why so much hate? I have no connection with America, and I dont see the reason why.

To come on a Forum and spew such hate and anger shows a real trouble mind that needs help. What has any Africa ever done to you? please share. You smell and reek of hate for Africans, why?
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2010
hate?

who said I hate africa?

My opening post was devoid of hate.

the onslaught of negative posters caused me to type the TRUTH.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ikeyman00(m): 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
^^^^

who need retarded AKATA mofos
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by monkeyleg: 11:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
Have you ever been to Africa?
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by monkeyleg: 11:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ Mandingo II, really have you visited Africa?
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2010
NO!

and I hear it is not a pleasant place to live.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by paddylo1(m): 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2010
truth be told Mandingo is not a typical Akata. . .or AA

he is ignorant for sure,but thats not the point am trying to make

most black ppl this side fall into 2camps
those that know nothing about Africa and dont care to know
and those that care much about Africa and want to know more

Mandingo claims he doesnt give a sh*it about africa,but he spends all his time on a Nigerian website
see theres something fishy about dis nigga. . .maybe tpias on to something who knows

of course some ignorant africans hate on AA,but the hate goes both ways
here in philly a liberian immigrant was murdered just cause the poor kid was the smartest in his class
apparently the AA in his school didnt like that he was answering all the questions in class

Mandingo i have personally dated black akata chicks that are all about africa and black power
some even want to move back to the motherland
so u cant speak for all black americans,like the title of your thread suggests. .

Finally am snowed in too,but u dont see me hanging in black planet and cursing them out over there. .
u gotta start acting your age fo*ol  . . .
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2010
Na wa oo,the only close friends i had in my short stay in america were african americans,ladies especially through the ladies,i got to know the guys sometime,(i am not particularly a guys man)i just didn't see much differences,probably because i mingled with the responsible ones.

Just like everywhere,the down trodden are always mentally enslaved,every blakman is an african,location and orientations not withstanding,we are on the other side of the coin.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by monkeyleg: 12:00am On Feb 08, 2010
Well, I think you need to visit to qualify to make such remarks. I have been and lived in both, and America is not necessarily the nicest place to live in. Africa and especially Nigeria might be poor, but it is home.

I once had a Black American lady visit Nigeria, this is before she made a lot of very uncomplimentary remarks about Nigeria. I am using her words here. She says immediately she stepped down from the plane and saw a sea on black people, doing things for themselves, running thier onw little businesses, she knelt down and wept, she proclaimed, she Never knew Black poeple had thier own Kingdom.

We might do things the way you may not like, but it is our way, some might be bad, but most are good.

so I would rather you take a step back, and get first hand information (like visit Africa, does not have to be Nigeria), not childish comments from others, before you say the things you do.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 12:09am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII is typical of some Africans in the diaspora who have gained a higher knowledge of Africa (a bit at least) partly because they were very interested and drawn to its history and culture and have made a conscious decision to educate themselves. Unfortunately this knowledge also has its side effects on this group, which means this group can either come out as:

1. Extremely envious or having an extreme feeling of having been betrayed because of the culture they have lost and the details of African involvement in the slave trade, or

2. Extremely disappointed - I don't need to explain this one. Well, a little; this disappointment sometimes comes as a feeling of not having anything 'back home' to show from the present (example MandingoII always throws the Jos crisis, Niger Delta, poor infrastructure, etc into the discussions) in order to disprove the myths of the racists and former masters in their countries.

Most of the times the two reasonings come hand-in-hand.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 12:23am On Feb 08, 2010
Truth is

I NEVER gave a shi.t about Africans,

(other than giving money when I seen those sad as african commercials on the regular)

so essentially, I'm your typical African American.

The knowledge came to me from Africans hating on Africans here in the states.

I didn't understand why Igbo Nigerians was hating on Yoruba Nigerians.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by monkeyleg: 12:30am On Feb 08, 2010
@ Mandingo II, Well like I said you can only get thr true picture if you visit, and stop believing all the crap they feed you guy from the media. Like I said we might be poor financially, but we are very rich in spirit.

Your comments are typical and very expected from someone with very little real knowledge, go on take a trip, go and see for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Harassment @ Jibowu Railway Track / Cumulative Results. Cont’d / Some Fascinating Photos Of Late Chief Festus Okotie-eboh (1919-1966)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.