Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa (6035 Views)

It Did Not Feel Like One Nigeria Today As Army Murdered Unarmed Civilians / US VP Biden Calls Jonathan, Says He's A Strong Example To Africa / Youths Arrest District-Head Connected To Boko-Haram In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 12:31am On Feb 08, 2010
Well, I think you need to visit to qualify to make such remarks. I have been and lived in both, and America is not necessarily the nicest place to live in. Africa and especially Nigeria might be poor, but it is home.

I once had a Black American lady visit Nigeria, this is before she made a lot of very uncomplimentary remarks about Nigeria. I am using her words here. She says immediately she stepped down from the plane and saw a sea on black people, doing things for themselves, running thier onw little businesses, she knelt down and wept, she proclaimed, she Never knew Black poeple had thier own Kingdom.

We might do things the way you may not like, but it is our way, some might be bad, but most are good.

so I would rather you take a step back, and get first hand information (like visit Africa, does not have to be Nigeria), not childish comments from others, before you say the things you do.

I understand her logic.

Here in America  Black people are the MINORITY.

We will always see WHITE PEOPLE running thangs.

We can run our own communities
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 12:33am On Feb 08, 2010

Your comments are typical and very expected from someone with very little real knowledge, go on take a trip, go and see for yourself.

most people I talked to that visited Africa came back and said they were GRATEFUL to live here
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by paddylo1(m): 12:35am On Feb 08, 2010
other than giving money when I seen those sad as african commercials on the regular

whitey scamming the ish outta u

some of those charitys spend as much as 90% of their funds on overhead costs

u know,paying salaries and the workers living large. . .

if u really wanna help a poor african,

go to the inner city of any american city

and you'll find lots of black kids that need help
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by THEAMAKA(f): 12:36am On Feb 08, 2010
OMG!! ignore this fool!
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 12:38am On Feb 08, 2010
truth be told Mandingo is not a typical Akata. . .or AA

he is ignorant for sure,but thats not the point am trying to make

most black ppl this side fall into 2camps
those that know nothing about Africa and dont care to know
and those that care much about Africa and want to know more

Mandingo claims he doesnt give a sh*it about africa,but he spends all his time on a Nigerian website
see theres something fishy about dis nigga. . .maybe tpias on to something who knows

of course some ignorant africans hate on AA,but the hate goes both ways
here in philly a liberian immigrant was murdered just cause the poor kid was the smartest in his class
apparently the AA in his school didnt like that he was answering all the questions in class

Mandingo i have personally dated black akata chicks that are all about africa and black power
some even want to move back to the motherland
so u cant speak for all black americans,like the title of your thread suggests. .

Finally am snowed in too,but u dont see me hanging in black planet and cursing them out over there. .
u gotta start acting your age fo*ol  . . .

I take it you hang out with a bunch of low-life dumb a/s/s niggas with a ghetto vibe.

your musty a/s/s is in Philly.

A BLUE COLLAR TOWN

aint sh.t in philly for a black man with a BRAIN.

your birdbrain recorded a snap shot of Black existence in one town - and typically in African fashion you IGNORED the Upscale Blacks that nowhere around your impoverished living A/s/s.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by monkeyleg: 12:42am On Feb 08, 2010
@ Mandingo II. Good, like I said there are good and bad from both sides. They might be refering to the material side of things, but there is more to life that Nice roads, nice buildings, and possessions.

Like I keep saying we may not be financially wealthy, but we are extremely rich in spirit.

I would have you know, there are many Americans, that visit Africa, and never want to leave, So do the British and others.

I think you are all getting it wrong, when you sit and expect Africa to be the West, we are not and have never claimed to be. We are a very humble continent, rich in Spirit and joy.

But I think you still need to visit
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Beaf: 12:47am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

Truth is

I NEVER gave a shi.t about Africans,

(other than giving money when I seen those sad as african commercials on the regular)

so essentially, I'm your typical African American.

The knowledge came to me from Africans hating on Africans here in the states.

I didn't understand why Igbo Nigerians was hating on Yoruba Nigerians.

And where do you think that money actually goes, sucker?
You've been had! Some white dude is buying a porsche with your tear soaked dollar notes.  grin

I'm not saying there are no Africans that need help, but not through some oyibo 419 advert. It's better to get your hands dirty or give to reputable organisations like The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund; you will notice they don't make those incredible adverts of kids eating rock stew.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 12:49am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

I NEVER gave a shi.t about Africans

Maybe I would have believed you if you had less than two hundred posts on this African site, just maybe.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by paddylo1(m): 12:55am On Feb 08, 2010
I take it you hang out with a bunch of low-life dumb a/s/s niggas with a ghetto vibe.

your musty a/s/s is in Philly.

A BLUE COLLAR TOWN

aint sh.t in philly for a black man with a BRAIN.

your birdbrain recorded a snap shot of Black existence in one town - and typically in African fashion you IGNORED the Upscale Blacks that nowhere around your impoverished living A/s/s.

no homie,ma boiz are mostly nigerian
but i hang with ma black folks once in a while. . .its all good

philly got good schools and a diversified economy
u gotta start creating opportunity for yourself blackman
not running after whitey as he runs deeper into the burbs

plus if i got a dollar for each time i been invited to network with the upperclass of black philly i'd be a millionaire by now
am just not interested
am more into networking with nigerians. . .ppl that got real money
ppl that can drop $100,000 in cash for a business deal
not your average american blk or white that need good credit to make ish happen
so am good
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 1:09am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

so essentially, I'm your typical African American.

Hold up! If 'you guys' don't care about Africa, according to you, why don't you drop that 'African-' and replace it back with 'Black-'? And why is you're username Mandingo? Are you trying to be sarcastic, because you do know that is an African Nation? Why don't you replace it with 'Black-foot' or 'Gulla'?

I don't really like heading into stupid arguments like the one I feel coming up, but I had to ask some of these questions seeing as you don't give a Shït (whoever changed Poo to p.o.o should know that the latter is actually more offensive, especially when you have to read a whole thread ridden with the word poo undecided, anyway, ) Yeah, I would like for you to answer, along with answering why 'you guys' still name you're kids African names like Keisha, Kanye and Ashanti.

Thanks.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 1:20am On Feb 08, 2010
And where do you think that money actually goes, sucker?
You've been had! Some white dude is buying a porsche with your tear soaked dollar notes. Grin

I'm not saying there are no Africans that need help, but not through some oyibo 419 advert. It's better to get your hands dirty or give to reputable organisations like The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund; you will notice they don't make those incredible adverts of kids eating rock stew.

and YOUR GOVERNMENT is taking your countries Oil resources and socking it in Western Banks.

You will continue to be had SUCKER!

so what they got a few dollars , big deal.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 1:23am On Feb 08, 2010
no homie,ma boiz are mostly nigerian
but i hang with ma black folks once in a while. . .its all good

philly got good schools and a diversified economy
u gotta start creating opportunity for yourself blackman
not running after whitey as he runs deeper into the burbs

plus if i got a dollar for each time i been invited to network with the upperclass of black philly i'd be a millionaire by now
am just not interested
am more into networking with nigerians. . .ppl that got real money
ppl that can drop $100,000 in cash for a business deal
not your average american blk or white that need good credit to make ish happen
so am good

another DUMBA/S/S Nigerian living in the states.

I wonder what you gonna do with that student visa run out.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by paddylo1(m): 1:33am On Feb 08, 2010
another DUMBA/S/S Nigerian living in the states.

I wonder what you gonna do with that student visa run out.

Another Dumb a/s/s black man in america

I wonder what u gonna do when this empire falls down

u know they say if it was up to black folks here to feed themselves,they would starve

show me the last time u seen a black farmer in america

better get ready,the last time there was breakdown of law and order in New-orleans

u had white folks using black ppl there as target practice

dont worry about me, i will live and die in Nigeria

this is just a time out session 4 me
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 2:14am On Feb 08, 2010
dont worry about me, i will live and die in Nigeria

enjoy the land of limited electricity, piss in the streets and every other pestilence of life.

Nigga i know about nigeria your raggedy a/s/s hut existence.

after you flunk out here, Nigerians will forever look at u as a failure.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Beaf: 2:31am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

and YOUR GOVERNMENT is taking your countries Oil resources and socking it in Western Banks.

You will continue to be had SUCKER!

so what they got a few dollars , big deal.

Your government is selling its poor to Satan and throwing the dosh in private pockets; why are black Americans most affected by foreclosures? Why are black Americans disproportionately represented in your "beautiful" nations jails? Why are black Americans disproportionately represented in mental health cases? Sucker!

Africa might not be "beautiful", but we are building it. Sit down and think.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 2:53am On Feb 08, 2010
[s]Your government is selling its poor to Satan and throwing the dosh in private pockets; why are black Americans most affected by foreclosures? Why are black Americans disproportionately represented in your "beautiful" nations jails? Why are black Americans disproportionately represented in mental health cases? Sucker!

Africa might not be "beautiful", but we are building it. Sit down and think[/s].

AND STILL WE RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

which is why so many of your talented BEST are lining up outside the U.S. Embassy in Elke Crescent.

you want to be the NEW Black American SLAVES,

Our ex-jailbirds live a better existence than your most elite,
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 3:02am On Feb 08, 2010
Beaf:

Africa might not be "beautiful", but we are building it. Sit down and think.

I wonder,they think is all over,while it is just beginning.That is why i am surprise some them of despise the idea of establishing in africa even though a few african americans and afro caribs with genuine human intuitions,pride,dignity,adventurous spirit and vision are relocating to africa.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by EzeUche(m): 3:02am On Feb 08, 2010
Let the truth be known, I am half Aro (Igbo) and half Black American. My mother fell in love with an Aro man and married him and I was born in Arochukwu. That is why I speak Igbo fluently.

However, I do know that there is hatred on both sides. What do I see myself as? I see myself as an Aro man, however, I will give praise to my black American ancestors as well.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 3:10am On Feb 08, 2010
Let the truth be known, I am half Aro (Igbo) and half Black American. My mother fell in love with an Aro man and married him and I was born in Arochukwu. That is why I speak Igbo fluently.

However, I do know that there is hatred on both sides. What do I see myself as? I see myself as an Aro man, however, I will not give praise to my black American ancestors as well.

Who give a sh.T.

you just another bum a/s/s nigerian to us.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 3:12am On Feb 08, 2010
a few african americans and afro caribs with genuine human intuitions,pride,dignity,adventurous spirit and vision are relocating to africa.

after living in the 1800's they will soon tire and return home.

All black minorities dream of an all black homeland.

That is, UNTIL THEY LIVE THERE.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 3:22am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

after living in the 1800's they will soon tire and return home.

All black minorities dream of an all black homeland.

That is, UNTIL THEY LIVE THERE.

Rome was not built in a day,i hope you know that?

The greatest threats of everyday blackman today are lack of reflections, patience,persistency and good old visions.

Hang on there on the way to zion,u got iray like a lion
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by EzeUche(m): 3:22am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

Who give a sh.T.

you just another bum a/s/s nigerian to us.

MOFO you wish you had a culture to look to. Now I am a true African American and u are some foolish boy trying to find his roots. I have cousins just like you, sad to say.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Beaf: 3:24am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

AND STILL WE RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

which is why so many of your talented BEST are lining up outside the U.S. Embassy in Elke Crescent.

you want to be the NEW Black American SLAVES,

Deceive yourself all you like, you are still black with Ijebu and Oghareki blood pumping through your veins; that is why you can't leave NL.
Your ex-jailbirds come out and shoot down the next black baby for the next line of coke. It doesn't matter where they are . . .Africa or the US.

Keep deceiving yourself, I'm sure Alex Haley isn't blacker skinned than you.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 3:28am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

I wouldn't go that far, our elite ain't no joke. grin

Oh, and you eluded my questions.

EzeUche:

I will not give praise to my black American ancestors as well.

Why?

PS, isn't ironic that an Aro married an African-American? grin
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Beaf: 3:30am On Feb 08, 2010
redsun:

I wonder,they think is all over,while it is just beginning.That is why i am surprise some them of despise the idea of establishing in africa even though a few african americans and afro caribs with genuine human intuitions,pride,dignity,adventurous spirit and vision are relocating to africa.

The smarter ones have heard the homecall and are flocking back. It is a pity Nigeria is stormy at the moment to call her children home, but both Ghana and Senegal have set standards that need surpassing.

http://www.fihankrainternational.org/
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 3:34am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII, you talk as if the African American actually still have a community and are united;

MandingoII, is you're skintone, hair grade and/or eye colour anywhere near this mans?  grin

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Harold_Ford,_Congressional_photo_portrait.jpg[/img]
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 3:38am On Feb 08, 2010
u are some foolish boy trying to find his roots. I have cousins just like you, sad to say.

Our ROOTS started on the slave ship.

There we MIXED with All Africans.

We do NOT consider Africa home.

why should we?

We have nothing in common with Africans.

America is OUR home. As racist and flawed at it is.

We have a VESTED history here,
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by EzeUche(m): 3:40am On Feb 08, 2010
ezeagu:

I wouldn't go that far, our elite ain't no joke. grin

Oh, and you eluded my questions.

Why?

Oh that was a typo. I honor my black American ancestors as well.

And yes, it is very ironic that an Aro was married to an African American. And I wonder, was my father's family responsible for sending my mother's family to the Americas.

Maybe I should get a DNA test on my mother's side. I'll be damn if it turns out to be Yoruba. grin
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by EzeUche(m): 3:43am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

Our ROOTS started on the slave ship.

There we MIXED with All Africans.

We do NOT consider Africa home.

why should we?

We have nothing in common with Africans.

America is OUR home. As racist and flawed at it is.

We have a VESTED history here,

You cannot speak for all Black Americans. Yes, I called you a Black American because you are not an African American like me. You cannot claim that title since you feel you do not have nothing in common with Africans.

Where did you cornrows from? The beats you make with music. Or how about the food you eat? And finally the way you dance? Black Americans roots are in Africa.

But I can understand why you are so ignorant to recognize that. My mother's family of black Americans is from Gullah Geechee country in South Carolina. And they are throughly Africans who live in America.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 3:48am On Feb 08, 2010
ezeagu:

Why?

I just didn't get that clause,he is probably just bitter with the dead and gone who acted out the ignorance of the time.

It's a new dawn and we should put the past behind us,learn from the mistakes and forge on,mistakes of the past are lessons for the future.My ancestors even gave away for free or tokens to whiteman their own offspring they thought had weak traits,they thought whitemen were taboos,killed the ones they could not give away whole the weak females are given away in mariages to long distant strangers,it the order.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Beaf: 3:59am On Feb 08, 2010
redsun:

I just didn't get that clause,he is probably just bitter with the dead and gone who acted out the ignorance of the time.

It's a new dawn and we should put the past behind us,learn from the mistakes and forge on,mistakes of the past are lessons for the future.My ancestors even gave away for free or tokens to whiteman their own offspring they thought had weak traits,they thought whitemen were taboos,killed the ones they could not give away whole the weak females are given away in mariages to long distant strangers,it the order.

The only proper way to put our slaver past behind us is by apologising and making recompense.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 4:05am On Feb 08, 2010
Beaf:

The only proper way to put our slaver past behind us is by apologising and making recompense.

It is all our shame as black people,the only person that should compenste for the evil intents and orchestrated exploitations of black people is whiteman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Harassment @ Jibowu Railway Track / Cumulative Results. Cont’d / Some Fascinating Photos Of Late Chief Festus Okotie-eboh (1919-1966)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.