Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa (6037 Views)

It Did Not Feel Like One Nigeria Today As Army Murdered Unarmed Civilians / US VP Biden Calls Jonathan, Says He's A Strong Example To Africa / Youths Arrest District-Head Connected To Boko-Haram In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 4:15am On Feb 08, 2010
You cannot speak for all Black Americans. Yes, I called you a Black American because you are not an African American like me. You cannot claim that title since you feel you do not have nothing in common with Africans.

Where did you cornrows from? The beats you make with music. Or how about the food you eat? And finally the way you dance? Black Americans roots are in Africa.

But I can understand why you are so ignorant to recognize that. My mother's family of black Americans is from Gullah Geechee country in South Carolina. And they are throughly Africans who live in America.

geechee's are considered low-class blacks in South Carolina.

They speak with a BAD FORKED TONGUE and barely formulate the english language.

Therefore, with your Daddy's broken English and your Mother's NO ENGLISH.

you are really fugged up speaking.

you are from bad stock.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Beaf: 4:17am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

you are from bad stock.

So you discriminate against your fellow AA's too? shocked
You are truely lost.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 4:21am On Feb 08, 2010
Beaf:

So you discriminate against your fellow AA's too? shocked
You are truely lost.

The guy is not assimilating at all.though it could be his way of dragging on,playing d rebel.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 4:22am On Feb 08, 2010
A rebel without a cause.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 4:37am On Feb 08, 2010
Don't let ur bruvs be ur rivals,that is a state of suspended animation.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by becomricch: 5:00am On Feb 08, 2010
You may be wrong, I have some black america friend in canada , they can tell you more than you know. And have never been to africa.   Look one of them knows so much about africa history that , you would be shock. Even something I have never heard before, I hear from this person mouth.  He is a smart american. Many of them want to visit Africa at least once in thier life time.  Some may life to relocate if no civil war in Africa.

You would be shock by the number how many would like to relocate if africa countries were developed. That why I know that If we relocate the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic would would be the first black nation to be a developed country.  I know so, we have more profs than any group in the whole of Africa. More graduate than any group. Nearly 1/3 r 1/4 of all Africa profs.

We have Iron ore deposit. Third largest bitument deposit in the world. pure content. After canada and Venezuela .

1 Like

Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by EzeUche(m): 5:07am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

you are from bad stock.

Well both my mother and my father went Cornell, so what does that tell you? I come from very good stock thank you very much. Now if you truly went to college, you are probably 1st generation college student.

And the Gullah Geechee know there roots and are truly Africans in America. They are not like you watered down mutts who think they are better than there fellow blacks even though you are still a "nigger" in the white man's eyes.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 5:08am On Feb 08, 2010
You may be wrong, I have some black america friend in canada , they can tell you more than you know. And have never been to africa. Look one of them knows so much about africa history that , you would be shock. Even something I have never heard before, I hear from this person mouth. He is a smart american. Many of them want to visit Africa at least once in thier life time. Some may life to relocate if no civil war in Africa.

You would be shock by the number how many would like to relocate if africa countries were developed. That why I know that If we relocate the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic would would be the first black nation to be a developed country. I know so, we have more profs than any group in the whole of Africa. More graduate than any group. Nearly 1/3 r 1/4 of all Africa profs.

We have Iron ore deposit. Third largest bitument deposit in the world. pure content. After canada and Venezuela .

WOW!!!!!!!!

Groundbreaking, undecided
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 5:10am On Feb 08, 2010
[s]Well both my mother and my father went Cornell, so what does that tell you? I come from very good stock thank you very much. Now if you truly went to college, you are probably 1st generation college student.

And the Gullah Geechee know there roots and are truly Africans in America. They are not like you watered down mutts who think they are better than there fellow blacks even though you are still a "nigger" in the white man's eyes[/s]

Nice comeback but you still TONGUE-TIED!

and you know damn well what I mean.

you sound stupid.

Therefore, you keep your mouth shut
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by EzeUche(m): 5:13am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

Nice comeback but you still TONGUE-TIED!

and you know damn well what I mean.

you sound silly.

Therefore, you keep your mouth shut

Mandingo you foolish little ghetto trash. Crawl back into the gutter you belong. I don't understand why a Black American would come to a Nigerian website to cause trouble. Maybe because that person doesn't have a life.

Now I understand that you are snowed in just like me, but damn, go wack off and stop bothering us.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by MandingoII(m): 5:54am On Feb 08, 2010
[s]Mandingo you foolish little ghetto trash. Crawl back into the gutter you belong. I don't understand why a Black American would come to a Nigerian website to cause trouble. Maybe because that person doesn't have a life.

Now I understand that you are snowed in just like me, but damn, go wack off and stop bothering us[/s].

NO!

This MY BOARD!

Nairaland is for ALL PEOPLE who dare come slumming in this part of the low-rent section of the internet. grin

anyway, I'm tired of kicking Africans in the A/s/s, I'm outta here cool
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Beaf: 7:07am On Feb 08, 2010
MandingoII:

you are from bad stock.

[size=14pt]Some famoues Geechee's:
    * Jim Brown
    * Chubby Checker
    * Joe Frazier
    * James Jamerson
    * Jazzy Jay
    * Michelle Obama[2]
    * Clarence Thomas[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullah#Famous_African_Americans_with_Gullah_roots[/size]

You need to really sit down and think Mandingo. This is getting out of hand. You have to grow up, this isn't minor. Are you really beyond redemption?
I am lost for words. embarassed
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by monkeyleg: 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2010
The guy is a real troubled soul. We have to be careful with him, he sounds as bitter as the gutter
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 09, 2010
Mad Mandingo said:

an american JAIL CELL is preferred to an upscale nigerian living.

Let's see what they get:

3 square meals
Clean living space
healthcare
work out facilities
Cable television
WORKING electricity

I made these two videos for ignorant dunderheads like you.

Most middle class Americans (let alone jailbirds) would struggle to replicate the lifestyles of upper scale Nigerians and Africans, lifetstyles led by MILLIONS of people on that continent. Lifestyles of the type your news agencies make a habit of not featuring in disinfo broadcasts they term ''the news'', simply because it doesn't 'fit' their racist agenda of portraying black people as hopeless underachievers, with you, Mandingo, a dumb, willing, brainless sucker for their machinations.

Of course Nigeria and Africa are not standing still as you insinuate. The continent is moving forward, even as you crouch in your basement, smothered by hate and ignorance.

Lagos, Nigeria: The Africa You Don't See On Television Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSKvgU3TEm4

Lagos, Nigeria: The Africa You Don't See On Television Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR9CW8s3QUw&feature=related
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ezeagu(m): 1:55am On Feb 09, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Most middle class Americans (let alone jailbirds) would struggle to replicate the lifestyles of upper scale Nigerians and Africans, lifetstyles led by MILLIONS of people on that continent.

And with your own generator and bore-hole, not anything to brag about in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by Nobody: 3:10am On Feb 09, 2010
I hope you know the world doesn't end for using a generator or borehole?

It's not ideal, but they're still getting their water and electricity.

BTW I was in India very recently and for all their vaunted progress, they still suffer power cuts, and the slums are unbelievable. Yet Indians are among the proudest people you'll ever meet. THEY realise that development takes time while we expect to be like Switzerland next week. grin
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by H2O2: 3:12am On Feb 09, 2010
@POSTER, and so? Should we start crying or fidgeting because of that?

Y'all can take your prima donna baby-mama arses back to your white masters' footsteps.

Mschew. Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by mafioso2(m): 7:43am On Feb 09, 2010
@ MandingoII abi Mandingolddigger

This is for you, u Barstar.d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGSQH51bN-Y
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ababda: 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2010
MandingoII why are you so hateful to these people? I am just curious, because your lashing out does not help anything at all, it only cause chaos, and division. Trust me, i am northern sudanese and i do know about division, which does not benefit no one, and this statement goes to all the divisive indivduals on this trend. MandingoII is not alone in this, we africans need to get over our differences, and start uniting as africas whether we are west, east, north and south or diasporia at the end of the day we are africans. I am trying to education modern Nubians and other groups in egypt and sudan to this reality.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by redsun(m): 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2010
But why do people take this guy seriously?Can't you guys deduce he is just a dumb and misconceived african american?

However mandingo sounds like a zulu name,i use take him for a south african,enticed with africa,yet ranting hate.

It is not a bad thing to critisize the state of africa but he does it like a foolish man.
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by ikeyman00(m): 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2010
now this is what it sound like when your mum done a runner opps sucker!

Educating African American BoysOur schools deserve an “F”

By Kaleem Caire   16 Comments | Print | PDF | Share

Fall 2009 / Vol. 9, No. 4

In 1989, my dream of attending college on a football and track scholarship was shattered when I graduated high school with a 1.56 GPA, a ranking of 413 out of 435 students in my senior class, an 820 on the SAT, a 19 on the ACT, a dismal attendance record, and absolutely no idea about what I wanted to do with my life. Two years later, on December 24, 1991, I was sitting behind bars in the prison at Norfolk Naval Station in Virginia, awaiting notice of the numerous charges being brought against me for an altercation I had with a naval officer.

Fortunately, after spending just a few days instead of a few years in lockup, I was exonerated. Two weeks later, I met my wife, Lisa, dedicated myself to reading two books a week to improve my speaking and writing skills, changed my peer group, and moved on with my life.

In 1993 I returned home to Madison, Wisconsin, from Hampton, Virginia, having spent three years in the U.S. Navy and one year attending Hampton University. I immediately went to my old neighborhood to check in with everyone, to see my guys and the girls on the block where I’d spent so much time as an adolescent. I was shocked and dismayed to find that so many of the young men I grew up with had succumbed to the crack cocaine trade and were either addicted to it or selling it, died or were killed for it, or were in jail because of it. Most of those still around were not in the labor force, were not attending any education or training program, and expressed little optimism about their future or their value to society.

I switched my academic major at the University of Wisconsin from pre-medicine and nutritional sciences to urban education and spent the next decade working with city youth. I soon became determined to expose how unproductive our education system was at graduating students and preparing them for college. I enlisted the support of a then up-and-coming researcher named Jay Greene to help me identify a reliable formula for calculating high school graduation rates and secured the support of the organization I was then presiding over to spend $15,000 on a study.

At the time, I was concerned that “dropout” statistics were masking a much larger problem that many in government knew existed but weren’t sharing: hundreds of thousands of black and brown students nationwide were not graduating high school. That initial study and others that followed have stimulated national interest and growing financial investment in high school graduation and college-readiness initiatives. But the central problem that drove me down this road in the first place—the lack of educational and career success among young black and brown men—has garnered very little attention.

As we celebrate the election of our country’s first black president, I can’t help but ponder how very few black males are being prepared to successfully complete a college education and assume leadership roles in the fields of business, industry, government, family, and community. How will this brain drain affect the future of families and children in our country? How will this affect our economy and national interests? How many public and private prisons are we willing to pay $38,000 annually per inmate to have black men imprint license plates and pick up debris on U.S. highways?

The 2008 Schott Foundation report on high school graduation among black males found that only 19 percent of black males in Indianapolis, 20 percent in Detroit, 27 percent in Norfolk, Virginia, 29 percent in Rochester, New York, and 47 percent nationally were graduating from high school. When I read that report, I felt as if I’d been impaled by fragments from a hand grenade. I asked myself, If our school systems are producing such small numbers of graduates, what is the purpose of K—12 education for black males? Why are we allowing our children to languish in schools and school systems that produce far more failures than successes?

Kaleem Caire is the president and CEO of Next Generation Education Foundation, an organization that prepares young men to succeed in college, careers, leadership, and life.

[b]D, Miller says:
08/23/2009 at 6:04 pm
I have come to the realization that we are not serious about educating African American males. When we examine school data, homicide reports and other information it is clear that young African American males are marginalized and forgotten about.

If we are serious about addressing the challenges that African American males face parental involvement and community reinvestment are critical areas.

We can no longer blame school districts and teachers for the alarming academic and social challenges that are crippling many African American males.

At some point we need to realize the importance of grooming community based organizations to create alternative educational models to support school aged boys. To often we are waiting for governmental interventions to address the challenges that we have the power to correct.

Finally, it is amazing that groups like NAACP, Urban League and other organizations have not made this issue a priority. How serious are we about educating our boys?[/b]
http://educationnext.org/educating-african-american-boys/

what marginalised by your white master?? yea
Re: Despite What You 'think,' Black Americans Do Not Feel Connected To Africa by tck2000(m): 11:18am On May 31, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What GEJ Should Have Done On Fuel Subsidy / BUHARI A BLACK & WHITE Television / Rivers Re-run: Amaechi Just Lost His Local Government To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.