Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home (29881 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / I Allowed The Devil Into My Home / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:52am On Aug 05, 2017
elektra:
Ah! Return them to the village or bundle them to an orphanage.
It is like your village people do not want you to have peace. First your friend chase you from his house because of milk. You moved to your own place only for your neighbor's kid to start treating you anyhow, now your relative has dumped his kids on you.

Aghhh...that milk guy!

3 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by burakado17: 12:53am On Aug 05, 2017
Caustics:
grin give them pure water to sell on the streets.
I discovered you are selling such on the street. shocked
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Eryckah(f): 12:58am On Aug 05, 2017
My brother pls don't maltreat the boy's and don't even think if doing any foul thing cos u nevet know what the future has in store. I advise u make out time to return them to the village and if possible let the village head know about what's on ground as u said both grandparents are late. It will be better that way, at least u will see a relative that's willing to take them. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by baddosky1: 1:02am On Aug 05, 2017
Take both of them to Ogun state and donate them to a Babalawo. They will pay you like 50k for each of them. grin grin
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by mmsen: 1:25am On Aug 05, 2017
aribisala0:
We have You can only speak for yourself

Every human being has a brain and the ability to think for themselves.

Whether they do it is another issue altogether...

1 Like

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Suspense12(m): 1:35am On Aug 05, 2017
Op...u be comedian...

All your stories are hilarious...

Blokos thief
disrespectful neighbor
milk palava.....

Na only u Waka come
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by matrixme(m): 1:49am On Aug 05, 2017
We are made for each other. If taking care of just 7 and 11year old relative kids of yours is such a challenge for you, then it shows what kind of man you really are. If by tomorrow those kids become world changers, do you think they will exclude you from their story? Every man must carry his cross bro. Maybe that's yours. Best wishes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by somegirl1: 1:52am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:
according to people i contacted they said in ph. I have even flogged these boys they refused to say where they live in port harcourt.
And you resorted to physically abusing innocent children?
What if they don't know where they live?
Just dump them in your village and their father will surface.

1 Like

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by grandstar(m): 1:55am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:
I am a hustling young nigerian and although i am comfortable, i cant afford to cater for another. One of my relation from the village visited me last 3 weeks here in calabar. I dont really know him well but i have met him just once in a meeting back in the village.

He came with his 2 boys of 7 and 11 years, begging me to take one and school him while he helps me with house duty. As i am a bachelor i declined and said i did not have money and also did not need a help. He begged that they cant even see food to eat and such things but i still refused. I dont even know how he got my address. I allowed them to sleep over since it was late and told him to go back the next day.

When the next day came (a saturday) he said let him go to the atm to get money to transport them back to the village. He left the boys and went out. Afternoon came and i started getting worried as he had not returned. He wasnt picking calls until 10pm when he called me and said i should not be angry that let the boys just do holiday in my house, that he will pick them the next day and then switched off his phone.

i havent been able to reach him since then. He just disappeared and abandoned his sons with me. Its more than 15 days now. I have called people, nobody knows his wearabouts. Nobody in the village agreed to collect the boys. They said he and the family moved to PH years ago. The boys are finishing my food and they are not telling me where they live. I even threatened to throw them out but they still refused to talk. I am just confused and angry. What do i do? this man has disorganized my life

Its a big shame that people can be so irresponsible . They will have lots of kids without forethought and when being cautioned, they will say it is the will of God .

My advice to you is to throw your burden on Jehovah. He will sustain you.

Also, since they are now with you, make the best of the situation. If life throws you a lemon, turn it to lemonade..

For instance, you can start an Instagram account called, "dumpedwith2boys" where you chronicle your experience with these 2 boys.

Trust me, you'll soon get a loyal following and I'm sure people will even donate money to help you.

Your relation saw something good in you- perhaps a kind character which can be an asset.

Have you thought of starting a business? Find out other things you can do.

For instance, First bank gives loans to small businesses but you must maintain an account.

The other option is to do something rash. Pls don't. We will all reap whatever we sow.

He that is showing favour to the lowly one is lending to Jehovah and He will repay.

You won't regret. Pls be open with the kids. Let them know the true situation of this. Opening up is very important. They will show understanding as well and empathise with you. They may even give you a few good tips that you'll find helpful.

Think how best to help the kids while encompassing yours. If you decide to drop them at an orphanage for instance, you can make it a practice to visit them regularly and even take snacks and gifts to them. Always be concerned about their welfare. Also have an agreement you'll take them back once your finances become buoyant.

There is more joy in giving than in receiving.

Our house recently was filled with 3 new arrivals. My cousin lost her husband recently and has come to stay with us with her 2 boys(Age 14yrs and 4yrs). She said she'll be here for 3months ( its the 3rd month now) and I'm sure she'll be here for a very long time.

This obviously wasn't easy and many times I've had to drop funds so they'll eat. Its all so unexpected and trying. But I'm taking it easy. That helps me cope.

My male cousin who we've been staying together before they arrived has virtually moved out. He probably finds the whole thing so stressful. Rarely sleeps at home.

I choose to take things easy and that makes it much much easier or else I'll freak out.

Turn your lemon to lemonade. Make the best of it. It will help you to not only become a much better man but also father.

It will be a joy one day for the kids to owe their success in life to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by grandstar(m): 1:59am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:
both grandparents are dead. I am considering giving out the older one as house boy

Isn't that cruel and very selfish? (Matthew 7:12)

1 Like

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 05, 2017
grin
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 05, 2017
baby124:
Na wa o. OP, I know it's very annoying and disappointing but do the best you can. Don't get frustrated and angry. Inform the police and start rationing the boys food. Where is the mother of the boys? Can you trace their grandparents in the village? All they need is shelter and food. I pray God blesses you. They must have been really hungry. If school is free around you, government school, enroll them so that they are not at home eating you dry. That their father has run away and won't be coming back any time soon. Do your best to how your conscience permits. Try to treat them well but keep your money and ATM cards safe.
The Poster is a very good script writer,This is just a tip of iceberg he has many stories in his closset
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by ekestic1976(f): 2:34am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:
I am a hustling young nigerian and although i am comfortable, i cant afford to cater for another. One of my relation from the village visited me last 3 weeks here in calabar. I dont really know him well but i have met him just once in a meeting back in the village.

He came with his 2 boys of 7 and 11 years, begging me to take one and school him while he helps me with house duty. As i am a bachelor i declined and said i did not have money and also did not need a help. He begged that they cant even see food to eat and such things but i still refused. I dont even know how he got my address. I allowed them to sleep over since it was late and told him to go back the next day.

When the next day came (a saturday) he said let him go to the atm to get money to transport them back to the village. He left the boys and went out. Afternoon came and i started getting worried as he had not returned. He wasnt picking calls until 10pm when he called me and said i should not be angry that let the boys just do holiday in my house, that he will pick them the next day and then switched off his phone.

i havent been able to reach him since then. He just disappeared and abandoned his sons with me. Its more than 15 days now. I have called people, nobody knows his wearabouts. Nobody in the village agreed to collect the boys. They said he and the family moved to PH years ago. The boys are finishing my food and they are not telling me where they live. I even threatened to throw them out but they still refused to talk. I am just confused and angry. What do i do? this man has disorganized my life
Suppose one of the children were a state governor would you come to Nairaland for advice? Indeed, failure is an orphan!

1 Like

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Lewaluv(f): 2:55am On Aug 05, 2017
This one should be Yahoo boy with these good stories.
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 05, 2017
Lmfao you don enter one chance
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by MaziOmenuko: 3:43am On Aug 05, 2017
That's what OLX is for.
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by tunary(m): 4:25am On Aug 05, 2017
they are finishing my food LOL
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 05, 2017
grin
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by HenryOA: 5:40am On Aug 05, 2017
u are very stupid if thy have a very big wealth, u will say that is my children.fool

3 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by mecussey(m): 5:53am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:

loll...the man na runaway father, just trace the mum. Or if the boys are upto 12, fix them somewhere as aplentice
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by YelloweWest: 6:24am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:
according to people i contacted they said in ph. I have even flogged these boys they refused to say where they live in port harcourt.
Why flogging them ?? cry

They have been through enough already.
Take them to the nearest orphanage pls
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by YelloweWest: 6:29am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:

Life throws different opportunities at us a various times of our life. The question is do we have the ability to see the diamond in the rough??
Today life has made u an unexpected father. What is your perception of fatherhood? A burden or blessing?

1 Like

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by crackhouse(m): 6:34am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:
insult me very well sir. it is not your fault.
u are really stressedout bro. Ur name is working for u.
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nnamaka1: 6:39am On Aug 05, 2017
Hi Brother, life is a challenge, rise up to this challenge, you don't know where this can lead to.

Stop complaining and start seeing the opportunity in this challenge.

If the kids are well behaved, see this as a service to God, who knows, maybe God will now bless more because of them
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by transient123(m): 6:42am On Aug 05, 2017
elektra:
It is like your village people do not want you to have peace. First your friend chase you from his house because of milk. You moved to your own place only for your neighbor's kid to start treating you anyhow, now your relative has dumped his kids on you.

Is the Op your next door neighbour for you to know him in and out, abi, una dey follow una self for nairaland.

See what internet has caused now, no more secretly secret except open secret. You do well sha.

@Op, why are flogging the kids, that is child abuse, people like you will pure invectives on child molesters abi!

anyway, for someone who cannot feed himself well, yet, burdened this much, I advice you report to the police here in Lagos, take the kids to his relatives where ever and report to the police there too.

1 Like

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 05, 2017
eyinjuege:
Wonders shall never end..

Since you can't afford to take care of them, it's better you inform the police and any orphanage around your side.

Maybe they can temporarily look after the children till their father arrives. Please what of their mother?
I totally agree with you
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by aamstih: 6:58am On Aug 05, 2017
Elektra God bless you real good for reminding us that this is our milk guy that issues with accomodation but suprisisingly he has been able to settle in pretty quick in Calabar.

elektra:

2 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by nicerichard05: 7:03am On Aug 05, 2017
keepingmum:
https://www.nairaland.com/3881070/friend-wants-chase-me-out

Op remember how you were angry with your neighbor who asked you to move out of his house after he accommodated you for months despite your jobless and self entitled state?
Yet you can't house X2 relatives for a month but your neighbor who isn't even remotely related to you fed/housed you for months on end and all you could do was to come online and bash him

This ur investigation has been able to prove to us hw lazy thr MODs are. they push anytin dey like to fp without checking for authenticity.
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by travelpoint: 7:04am On Aug 05, 2017
stressedout:

Our problem is this bad culture. Why will you give your kids to someone to train for you?
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by esthel(f): 7:05am On Aug 05, 2017
This guy clearly has issues if his stories are true, it only reflects his intolerance nature, he is a also selfish and very sensitive person. I bet he will have problem with everyone he comes across as he will never overlook anything.

3 Likes

Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by aribisala0(m): 7:31am On Aug 05, 2017
mmsen:

Every human being has a brain and the ability to think for themselves.

Whether they do it is another issue altogether...
Again you can only speak for yourself. Did you design every human being? How do you know they can all think for themselves? THat is an assumption,an idea that sounds good and appealing to you but all the evidence is to the contrary . There is no proof that every human can think in the way that you think they can or should
Re: My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home by Meetleader: 7:53am On Aug 05, 2017
I don laugh tire...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Have These Kinds Of Names? / **pls, Is It Possible For a Lady To Be Pregnant And Still Menstrate** / My Mother-In-Law Calls Me By My Wife's Ex Boyfriend's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.