Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site - Webmasters (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site (23018 Views)

I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / 3 Profitable Niche Site Selection Techniques That Works Great In 2018 (with PDF) / My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2017
Afrishoppa:

you can get for $99 cents at godaddy for the first year, just google domain for under $1 or use panabee dot com for searching for the name and if available will be in blue love, and the price by the side if you click on buy it. check well when checking out, so they don't add extras.. I use porkbun for $8+ because its same fees for renewal.

Thanks for chipping in Afrishoppa.

How is your site coming along?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2017
A SEO Business Model That Could Make You Your First Online Income

Some days ago, I mentioned a SEO business model I have been having success with.

So here is the article I promised. I believe a lot of people can make this work for the money too.

I was motivated to write this because I have noticed many here need some sort of road map to get started.

So let's get started

Here is my six-step process to following the same business model and being profitable with it in Little to no time.

Step #1: List everything you’ve spent more than N100,000 on.

When I say everything, I really mean everything.

Car insurance (and your car), your mortgage, your college education, your last vacation; the lot.

We do this because you need a list of industries in which companies make over N100,000 per every client they get.

If we can get these companies an extra lead each month, then they can afford to pay us, at minimum, a few thousand naira for that lead.

Some of these industries are going to be obvious, such as real estate developers, and therefore competitive.

It’s imperative that you start thinking of industries “outside of the box.

Think of CCTV installation that could cost over N300,000 or Oil paintings that people can easily splurge even a million naira on.

I imagine those two things aren’t likely to have been on your list, so now you have to expand it

You need a client to your client to be worth more than N100,000 because you’re going to be sending them their next client

If they only make N1,000 per sale then we’re going to have to send them hundreds of leads before they can pay us N50,000 - N100,000 per month.

If they make enough money per lead, they can pay us N100,000 just for one.

If you’re struggling for ideas start to think of things family, friends and people in your neighbourhood have spent more than N100,000 on. The weirder and more obscure it is, the better.

Step #2: Invest time to perform keyword research

Keyword research allows you to see which terms people search Google for when looking for a product or service.

This is important because we don’t want to rank our websites for something that people don’t actually search for.

The minimum times a term or phrase must be searched for is 500 times per month.

If you’re just starting out, don’t target terms searched for more than 5,000 times per month.

They’re far more likely to be competitive and thus take more time and effort to rank for.

500 minimum searches is not an arbitrary number.

Your goal should be to rank in the top 3 search results in Google for your chosen search term.

If you rank third in Google you will receive around 7.22% of clicks. Meaning, if 100 people search for something, around seven of them will land on your website.

If 500 people search for something, 36 people will land on your website.

This means you need to get one of those 36 people per month to buy what it is that you’re offering.

The beauty of Google traffic is that the visitor to your site is highly-targeted. They’re already searching for what you have to offer.

Additionally, Google rewards websites with ‘long-tail’ traffic which will increase the number of people finding your website.

For instance, let’s say you wish to rank for ‘Yacht Rental Lagos’. If you optimise your site for this term, you’ll also find it ranking for terms like:

Rent a yacht in Lagos
Lagos yacht rental prices
Where to rent a yacht in Lagos
These terms all receive less than 500 searches per month, but they will add to your overall traffic.

The most common place to find search volumes is Google’s own Keyword planner tool.

Step #3: Choose a domain name (and fast)

I would prefer to put this as a single sentence, rather than a step, but I can’t do that.

The reason why is because I get asked about which domain to choose more than any other question when it comes to niche sites.

Let me just say before I get into more detail: It matters 1% as much as you think it does.

That being said, choosing a domain for the this model is different to choosing one for a blog.

A blog should be brandable and ‘clean’, whereas this should be more relevant and it doesn’t have to be brandable.

My rule for choosing a domain is generally this: Pick something with one word from your chosen keyphrase and one to do with marketing and / or services.

For example, if I’m in the Yacht Rental niche then I’ll choose a name like YachtRank or YachtingLagos.

While exact-match domains (yachtrentalmiami.com) do still have some weight in Google, it’s decreasing over time and it’s generally better to stay away from them.

I recommend only getting a .net or .com domain unless you’re trying to focus on a country-specific ranking.

For example, .co.uk, .com.au or .ng are acceptable if you’re focused primarily on the UK, Australia or Nigeria.

If you spend more than 30 minutes deciding on a domain name then you’ve already spent 25 minutes too long.

Over analyse this step and you’ll over-analyse everything, which will lead to no action.

I want you to take action, so trust me on this one.

Step #4: Set-up a very basic website

The websites I build to rank consist of 4-5 pages.

Three of those pages are incredibly straight-forward (and fast) to put together. They are:

An About page
A Contact page
A Privacy Policy page
The Privacy Policy page is generated in seconds by http://privacypolicygenerator.com.

Just copy the results to a new page on your website.

My About page on each website is basically a 200-300 word ‘blurb’ of why I put the website together and who it’s for. Keep in mind that it’s unlikely this will ever be read, so don’t worry about spelling or grammatical mistakes.

Just make sure you write it yourself, so it’s unique.

There’s no excuse to having plagiarised or computer-generated content on a website that’s so small.

My Contact page is as equally simple as the Privacy Policy page, where I use a plugin like ‘Contact Form 7’ so website visitors can get in touch.

Your contact form does not have to work until your website is actually ranking.

It’s simply one of those things you should have in place to make your website appear to be a real, legitimate business.

That’s three of the five pages taken care of.

Page number four is your homepage.

This should be a page which you fill with at least 500 words of content, but preferably more than 1,000.

You can either outsource this for around $10 to someone on Upwork.com or write it yourself.

I prefer to write the content here myself (honestly) as it makes me feel like I’ve made more of an investment in the site rather than just putting up some shell, and I’m more likely to want to make it rank.

Once again, the content here is not really designed to be read by anyone. It’s simply there to make your website appear to be a ‘normal’ website, and normal websites have content on them.

I write about the niche I’m in, what my website is designed to do and who it’s for.

There is a lot of rambling, not unlike this page – heh – but it’s relevant to my niche.

Write the page for people, not search engines.

Ignore anything you may have read about ‘Keyword Density’ or ‘over-optimisation’. Just write for people and you’ll be fine.

The final page I add to the site is basically the same thing again. Another 500-1,000 words on the service or industry I’m focused on. Whether that’s yachting, pool resurfacing or office rental in Lagos.

Unlike the other pages I’ve discussed, this is optional. I just think it’s better to have 2,000 words on a website than 1,000, and that’s why I add it.

Step #5: Build backlinks to rank your website in Google

Have you ever wondered why one site ranks 10th in Google and another ranks 1st?

Does someone at Google just prefer that website?

Is one website newer than the other one?

Does one have more content?

With billions upon billions of pages in Google’s search results, I can assure you that they are not being ranked manually.

They literally couldn’t be.

Consider this: 20% of Google searches performed every single day have never been searched for before in the history of Google.

Quite incredible isn’t it?

Almost unbelievable, until you think of all the world events that happen on a daily basis.

For instance, people have just been performing billions of queries about the 2016 Rio Olympics and the results for various events.

Of course they hadn’t been searched for before: The events hadn’t happened yet.

So how does Google determine who deserves to rank for queries about Michael Phelps’ medal tally?

While I don’t want to entirely over-simplify how Google works, the core component of their ranking algorithm is backlinks.

Backlinks are links from one website to another.

Essentially, the websites ranking on page one of Google typically have more backlinks than the websites on page two of Google.

In other words, they got more websites to link to them and thus Google views the result as being more important.

A second part is coming up soon.

Watch this space.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by bobojoshua(m): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
Afrishoppa:

you can get for $99 cents at godaddy for the first year, just google domain for under $1 or use panabee dot com for searching for the name and if available will be in blue love, and the price by the side if you click on buy it. check well when checking out, so they don't add extras.. I use porkbun for $8+ because its same fees for renewal.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by blessednnakude(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

I highly recommend that you install google sitemap plugin if you are using Wordpress.

You can also do a google search on this and I'm sure you will find a solution.

This could be happening for a host of reasons so it's hard to tell what the problem might be.

Can you elaborate?

I don't know. some said duplicate page, others said its sitemap but I already in my HTML code, is there a different way of using a sitemap?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Withambition(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi Oma,

Exactly, it's all about problem solving. Way to go.

Just checked your blog.

Amazing work you are doing.

You deserve a pat.

Thank you for the kind words.

Hello Bro, I make over N1million on my blog every day! www.thelegaldiary.com

That's in faith though because no adsense yet!cheesycheesycheesy

My Blog is unique because it's people that read my legal advice on nairaland, facebook, instagram and twitter that insisted I must start a blog.

Please, kindly look through it and advise me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by realdentist(f): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hey Jinf,

I will also write about a tidy trick to show exact search volume for a keyword on the google adwords keyword planner.

You haven't told us this yet. Or did I miss it?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
realdentist:

You haven't told us this yet. Or did I miss it?

No I haven't.

Next topic perhaps.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by realdentist(f): 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

No I haven't.
Next topic perhaps.
Thank you. Plenty blessings upon you
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Eze2000(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hello Sapio,

No one can be 100% sure if google will approve any site for adsense.

But here is the thing:

There are ways you can tilt the odds in your favour.

1. Create Valuable content

Google loves valuable content. By valuable, I mean creating very actionable content to real problems people have.

You also have to focus on topics that have not been rehashed over and over again (read: celebrity blogs and general topic blogs that float everywhere on the web like heavy poo that have refused to go down the pipe after a flush).

So always have a unique angle to your content.

If it has been said before dont post that stuff.

Your blog looks fine in this regard. I like the angle.

2. Don't steal. You are not a thief

Google probably hates theft than God. Ok I'm exaggerating.

But you get the gist.

A lot of people copy and paste other people's work and pass it off as theirs. Then when google doesn't approve them they throw tantrums.

Always have original content on your site.

Your blog looks fine on this front too.

3. No thin content. You are not selling flat screen TVs

Google hates thin content.

Google loves super detailed content.

Have at least ten contents that are at least 2000 words long before applying (It's not easy I told you).

This tells google you are putting in a lot of work and you not a hit and run driver.

It also shows your commitment to providing super useful, unique and actionable stuff to your audience.

Your blog needs work here.

4. It's all About you

Have a great 'About' page.

Manual reviewers at Google check this stuff. I kid you not.

State exactly what your site does and why your site should be the go-to site for your subject matter.

5. Can I have your Contact

Please have a working 'Contact Page'.

They check this stuff.

6. We respect your Privacy

Google won't approve you for Adsense if you have no Privacy Policy page on your site.

You can search online for 'Privacy Policy page generator'.

Copy and paste generated field and tweak to your site as required.

I see no privacy policy page on your site.

Short answer to your question: Good won't approve you for Adsense as it stands today.

7. Have a great team...sorry, Theme

You are far more likely to get approved if you have a great looking theme or site.

If you have the money, please don't skimp on this. If you don't then look for a free theme that doesn't look like a 19 year old junkie designed.

If you are using Wordpress which I assume you are, I recommended looking for a premium cheap theme.

Your theme is good. So don't worry about this.

In addition to having a great theme I recommend having a logo designed.

You can do it yourself or have someone design a cheap one for you. It shouldn't cost you much. If you need help with this I can talk to my guy to get you a free one. Shoot me an email.

If you do these basics I don't see why you shouldn't be approved.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Just sent you an email bro. need your help in a bad way....please.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2017
Eze2000:

Just sent you an email bro. need your help in a bad way....please.

Fredster389 @ gmail dot com. That's my mail.

What do you mean in a bad way?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Eze2000(m): 11:28am On Oct 06, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Fredster389 @ gmail dot com. That's my mail.

What do you mean in a bad way?

Desperate!!!

You'll see. Look out for my email. Sending in seconds.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2017
How To Get More Accurate Search Volume Data In Google Keyword Planner

Someone reminded me to get this one out there.

If you have noticed google keyword planner tool now shows search volume for keywords in ranges like: 1000-10,000

This article will show you how to get more accurate search volume for your keywords instead of in ranges.

https://www.screamingfrog.co.uk/accurate-google-keyword-data/

Hope this helps.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

The best way to reach me is through my email address - fredster389 at gmail dot com.
nice one boss, your posts are quite educative.pls I have a question. Is it advisable to create a niche blog on Tecno Phones?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by benniearinze: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
A SEO Business Model That Could Make You Your First Online Income

Some days ago, I mentioned a SEO business model I have been having success with.

So here is the article I promised. I believe a lot of people can make this work for the money too.

I was motivated to write this because I have noticed many here need some sort of road map to get started.

So let's get started

Here is my six-step process to following the same business model and being profitable with it in Little to no time.

Step #1: List everything you’ve spent more than N100,000 on.

When I say everything, I really mean everything.

Car insurance (and your car), your mortgage, your college education, your last vacation; the lot.

We do this because you need a list of industries in which companies make over N100,000 per every client they get.

If we can get these companies an extra lead each month, then they can afford to pay us, at minimum, a few thousand naira for that lead.

Some of these industries are going to be obvious, such as real estate developers, and therefore competitive.

It’s imperative that you start thinking of industries “outside of the box.

Think of CCTV installation that could cost over N300,000 or Oil paintings that people can easily splurge even a million naira on.

I imagine those two things aren’t likely to have been on your list, so now you have to expand it

You need a client to your client to be worth more than N100,000 because you’re going to be sending them their next client

If they only make N1,000 per sale then we’re going to have to send them hundreds of leads before they can pay us N50,000 - N100,000 per month.

If they make enough money per lead, they can pay us N100,000 just for one.

If you’re struggling for ideas start to think of things family, friends and people in your neighbourhood have spent more than N100,000 on. The weirder and more obscure it is, the better.

Step #2: Invest time to perform keyword research

Keyword research allows you to see which terms people search Google for when looking for a product or service.

This is important because we don’t want to rank our websites for something that people don’t actually search for.

The minimum times a term or phrase must be searched for is 500 times per month.

If you’re just starting out, don’t target terms searched for more than 5,000 times per month.

They’re far more likely to be competitive and thus take more time and effort to rank for.

500 minimum searches is not an arbitrary number.

Your goal should be to rank in the top 3 search results in Google for your chosen search term.

If you rank third in Google you will receive around 7.22% of clicks. Meaning, if 100 people search for something, around seven of them will land on your website.

If 500 people search for something, 36 people will land on your website.

This means you need to get one of those 36 people per month to buy what it is that you’re offering.

The beauty of Google traffic is that the visitor to your site is highly-targeted. They’re already searching for what you have to offer.

Additionally, Google rewards websites with ‘long-tail’ traffic which will increase the number of people finding your website.

For instance, let’s say you wish to rank for ‘Yacht Rental Lagos’. If you optimise your site for this term, you’ll also find it ranking for terms like:

Rent a yacht in Lagos
Lagos yacht rental prices
Where to rent a yacht in Lagos
These terms all receive less than 500 searches per month, but they will add to your overall traffic.

The most common place to find search volumes is Google’s own Keyword planner tool.

Step #3: Choose a domain name (and fast)

I would prefer to put this as a single sentence, rather than a step, but I can’t do that.

The reason why is because I get asked about which domain to choose more than any other question when it comes to niche sites.

Let me just say before I get into more detail: It matters 1% as much as you think it does.

That being said, choosing a domain for the this model is different to choosing one for a blog.

A blog should be brandable and ‘clean’, whereas this should be more relevant and it doesn’t have to be brandable.

My rule for choosing a domain is generally this: Pick something with one word from your chosen keyphrase and one to do with marketing and / or services.

For example, if I’m in the Yacht Rental niche then I’ll choose a name like YachtRank or YachtingLagos.

While exact-match domains (yachtrentalmiami.com) do still have some weight in Google, it’s decreasing over time and it’s generally better to stay away from them.

I recommend only getting a .net or .com domain unless you’re trying to focus on a country-specific ranking.

For example, .co.uk, .com.au or .ng are acceptable if you’re focused primarily on the UK, Australia or Nigeria.

If you spend more than 30 minutes deciding on a domain name then you’ve already spent 25 minutes too long.

Over analyse this step and you’ll over-analyse everything, which will lead to no action.

I want you to take action, so trust me on this one.

Step #4: Set-up a very basic website

The websites I build to rank consist of 4-5 pages.

Three of those pages are incredibly straight-forward (and fast) to put together. They are:

An About page
A Contact page
A Privacy Policy page
The Privacy Policy page is generated in seconds by http://privacypolicygenerator.com.

Just copy the results to a new page on your website.

My About page on each website is basically a 200-300 word ‘blurb’ of why I put the website together and who it’s for. Keep in mind that it’s unlikely this will ever be read, so don’t worry about spelling or grammatical mistakes.

Just make sure you write it yourself, so it’s unique.

There’s no excuse to having plagiarised or computer-generated content on a website that’s so small.

My Contact page is as equally simple as the Privacy Policy page, where I use a plugin like ‘Contact Form 7’ so website visitors can get in touch.

Your contact form does not have to work until your website is actually ranking.

It’s simply one of those things you should have in place to make your website appear to be a real, legitimate business.

That’s three of the five pages taken care of.

Page number four is your homepage.

This should be a page which you fill with at least 500 words of content, but preferably more than 1,000.

You can either outsource this for around $10 to someone on Upwork.com or write it yourself.

I prefer to write the content here myself (honestly) as it makes me feel like I’ve made more of an investment in the site rather than just putting up some shell, and I’m more likely to want to make it rank.

Once again, the content here is not really designed to be read by anyone. It’s simply there to make your website appear to be a ‘normal’ website, and normal websites have content on them.

I write about the niche I’m in, what my website is designed to do and who it’s for.

There is a lot of rambling, not unlike this page – heh – but it’s relevant to my niche.

Write the page for people, not search engines.

Ignore anything you may have read about ‘Keyword Density’ or ‘over-optimisation’. Just write for people and you’ll be fine.

The final page I add to the site is basically the same thing again. Another 500-1,000 words on the service or industry I’m focused on. Whether that’s yachting, pool resurfacing or office rental in Lagos.

Unlike the other pages I’ve discussed, this is optional. I just think it’s better to have 2,000 words on a website than 1,000, and that’s why I add it.

Step #5: Build backlinks to rank your website in Google

Have you ever wondered why one site ranks 10th in Google and another ranks 1st?

Does someone at Google just prefer that website?

Is one website newer than the other one?

Does one have more content?

With billions upon billions of pages in Google’s search results, I can assure you that they are not being ranked manually.

They literally couldn’t be.

Consider this: 20% of Google searches performed every single day have never been searched for before in the history of Google.

Quite incredible isn’t it?

Almost unbelievable, until you think of all the world events that happen on a daily basis.

For instance, people have just been performing billions of queries about the 2016 Rio Olympics and the results for various events.

Of course they hadn’t been searched for before: The events hadn’t happened yet.

So how does Google determine who deserves to rank for queries about Michael Phelps’ medal tally?

While I don’t want to entirely over-simplify how Google works, the core component of their ranking algorithm is backlinks.

Backlinks are links from one website to another.

Essentially, the websites ranking on page one of Google typically have more backlinks than the websites on page two of Google.

In other words, they got more websites to link to them and thus Google views the result as being more important.

A second part is coming up soon.

Watch this space.

Very nice and concise.

But bro, I need to ask two quick questions:

1. At the beginning, you promised to show us a way of seeing the exact number of queries that a particular keyword has, do you still have it in mind or have u forgotten?

2. I've been hearing a lot about backlink building, please bro can u throw more light on how exactly to do this?

Edit: Number 1 question has been answered, thanks alot bro
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 8:53am On Oct 13, 2017
remiproxy:
nice one boss, your posts are quite educative.pls I have a question. Is it advisable to create a niche blog on Tecno Phones?

Do you think can solve problems people have in that niche?

Just solve problems for people and everything else will fall into place.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 8:57am On Oct 13, 2017
benniearinze:

Very nice and concise.

But bro, I need to ask two quick questions:

1. At the beginning, you promised to show us a way of seeing the exact number of queries that a particular keyword has, do you still have it in mind or have u forgotten?

2. I've been hearing a lot about backlink building, please bro can u throw more light on how exactly to do this?

Edit: Number 1 question has been answered, thanks alot bro

That's what the second part is going to be about. Backlinks.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:02am On Oct 13, 2017
Hello Guys,

I will be doing an AMA (ask me any question) here on the thread on Sunday, 15th of October 2017.

If you have any niche site/SEO/personal/business related question keep them handy.

On that day I will be on my phone from 12pm-2pm.

To our continued success.

Fred.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2017
250 FREE Udemy Courses (Limited Time)

I shared this with some of my staff and I thought I do share here too.

I came across it on Reddit.

Some are already expired but most are still active. But not for long.

They are divided into sections so just go for the section you are interested in.

Here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/learnprogramming/comments/75ovw4/250_free_udemy_course_coupons/

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by magodoro: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by magodoro: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hello Guys,

I will be doing an AMA (ask me any question) here on the thread on Sunday, 15th of October 2017.

If you have any niche site/SEO/personal/business related question keep them handy.

On that day I will be on my phone from 12pm-2pm.

To our continued success.

Fred.
Thanks a lot for this opportunity, bro. You've really been doing a great job here. Thanks and God bless.

My question...

I've this Amazon affiliate niche site I set up in March 2017.

The niche is 99% untapped by affiliate marketers and has thousands of monthly search ( I used Google keyword planner). The only result you get for almost all it's keywords are from ecommerce stores and sometimes, the manufacturers. I've yet to see any blog with a product review on the niche.

Presently, I've published 6 articles of 1200 — 2000 words long each. But I'm surprised that I still can't find my site on over 100 results when I do a Google search on the keywords.

But I'm sure the articles have all been indexed because my Yoast SEO plugin says so, and whenever I copy and paste any of my topics in Google search box, it appears in the search results.

To be sincere, just yesterday when I checked the stats, Google Analytics shows that I've had 11 users, 25 page views, and 4 organic searches in the past 30 days.

My major concern now is, why am I not appearing in search results?

Note: My DA and PA are higher than most of the (mostly ecommerce) websites that appear on the first page. I, however, noticed that they are aged. Some are up to 12 years old.

Magodoro
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2017
magodoro:

Thanks a lot for this opportunity, bro. You've really been doing a great job here. Thanks and God bless.

My question...

The niche is 99% untapped by affiliate marketers and has thousands of monthly search ( I used Google keyword planner). The only result you get for almost all it's keywords are from ecommerce stores and sometimes, the manufacturers. I've yet to see any blog with a product review on the niche.

Presently, I've published 6 articles of 1200 — 2000 words long each. But I'm surprised that I still can't find my site on over 100 results when I do a Google search on the keywords.

But I'm sure the articles have all been indexed because my Yoast SEO plugin says so, and whenever I copy and paste any of my topics in Google search box, it appears in the search results.

To be sincere, just yesterday when I checked the stats, Google Analytics shows that I've had 11 users, 25 page views, and 4 organic searches in the past 30 days.

Note: My DA and PA are higher than most of the (mostly ecommerce) websites that appear on the first page. I, however, noticed that they are aged. Some are up to 12 years old.

Magodoro

Hello Magodoro

How many backlinks do you have from high PA and DA sites related to your niche?

Backlinks are actually the backbone of high ranking on Google. I think this is where you should aim your focus now.

You can have other SEO best practices nailed down but if you don't have enough backlinks you can't outrank more established sites in your niche.

Just writing articles and putting them up is never enough. In fact I will go as far as saying just writing articles is less than 5% of the job.

You must actively be promoting your site and hustling for backlinks.

You did say your PA and DA are higher than most of the sites outranking you, so my backlinks theory might be wrong.

If that's the case, it might be some sort of Google sandbox thing. Probably it's just going to take more time for you to naturally outrank them. Some say a year. You could actually have a better SEO game than many of these aged domains and still not outrank them until after a while.

I don't know if this sandbox thing exists or not. But the theory is quite popular.

To be honest Magodoro, it could be down to so many things in the end. I do this kind of audit daily and I still get amazed at what is holding back some of our clients' sites.

We had a client where after diagnosing what was wrong with his site and fixed it, he jumped about 9 pages in 2 days. It was a small fix we thought won't even move the needle much.

So I can't really say what could be wrong. But my best bet is probably not enough backlinks. Get more and you will surely see improvements.

The next best piece of advice I can give is always be experimenting. And make sure you track and measure this experiments. Cut out what isnt working and double down on what is.

Fred

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by DavidTheGeek: 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hey Fred,
I have a music blog (music news niche). Most of my traffic is from Facebook.
In fact 99%
My question is: Is Facebook traffic a good backlink?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by henrykene(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2017
Fred,
Thanks for all the advices you've given out to mostly us the webmasters, but I think something is a bit wrong with one of my websites www.doronize.com.ng

It was ranking high before, but now, it's not always showing on search results. Sometimes I will see search queries people used to visit the website on Google, but when I use exactly those queries myself I will still not see my website appear in the search terms.

What could be the cause? Please can review the website and tell me what you think am doing wrong somewhere?

It's a music and song lyrics website

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by benniearinze: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

That's what the second part is going to be about. Backlinks.

Waiting on it sir
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by magodoro: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hello Magodoro

How many backlinks do you have from high PA and DA sites related to your niche?

Backlinks are actually the backbone of high ranking on Google. I think this is where you should aim your focus now.

You can have other SEO best practices nailed down but if you don't have enough backlinks you can't outrank more established sites in your niche.

Just writing articles and putting them up is never enough. In fact I will go as far as saying just writing articles is less than 5% of the job.

You must actively be promoting your site and hustling for backlinks.

You did say your PA and DA are higher than most of the sites outranking you, so my backlinks theory might be wrong.

If that's the case, it might be some sort of Google sandbox thing. Probably it's just going to take more time for you to naturally outrank them. Some say a year. You could actually have a better SEO game than many of these aged domains and still not outrank them until after a while.

I don't know if this sandbox thing exists or not. But the theory is quite popular.

To be honest Magodoro, it could be down to so many things in the end. I do this kind of audit daily and I still get amazed at what is holding back some of our clients' sites.

We had a client where after diagnosing what was wrong with his site and fixed it, he jumped about 9 pages in 2 days. It was a small fix we thought won't even move the needle much.

So I can't really say what could be wrong. But my best bet is probably not enough backlinks. Get more and you will surely see improvements.

The next best piece of advice I can give is always be experimenting. And make sure you track and measure this experiments. Cut out what isnt working and double down on what is.

Fred
Thanks for your response, Fred.

I picked a lot of things from your reply. I'll focus on getting more backlinks just as you've said. And I'll also experiment other things.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Prec1ous(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
magodoro:

My question...

Magodoro

You will have a hard time appearing above those e-commerce sites.

Google uses search intent to rank site too...

"jogging shoes" a buyer keyword is different form "how to clean your jogging shoes".

Stop competing against amazon and others.

Use "best" and "reviews" in your post to change the intent.

Also, backlink is king.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by 1stMD: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2017
The Top Profitable Online Business Opportunities. Read:
www.flowdiary.com.ng/2017/10/profitable-online-businesses.html
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
DavidTheGeek:
Hey Fred,

I have a music blog (music news niche). Most of my traffic is from Facebook.

In fact 99%

My question is: Is Facebook traffic a good backlink?

Facebook traffic is just that. Traffic.

Google what a backlink is.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
henrykene:
Fred,
Thanks for all the advices you've given out to mostly us the webmasters, but I think something is a bit wrong with one of my websites www.doronize.com.ng

It was ranking high before, but now, it's not always showing on search results. Sometimes I will see search queries people used to visit the website on Google, but when I use exactly those queries myself I will still not see my website appear in the search terms.

What could be the cause? Please can review the website and tell me what you think am doing wrong somewhere?

It's a music and song lyrics website

Do you use any SEO plugin? If so, which?

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by magodoro: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
Prec1ous:

You will have a hard time appearing above those e-commerce sites.

Google uses search intent to rank site too...

"jogging shoes" a buyer keyword is different form "how to clean your jogging shoes".

Stop competing against amazon and others.

Use "best" and "reviews" in your post to change the intent.

Also, backlink is king.
Thanks for your input, Prec1ous. I'm grateful.

Fred, do you completely agree with this?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
magodoro:

Thanks for your input, Prec1ous. I'm grateful.

Fred, do you completely agree with this?

Send me a mail:

fredster389 @ gmail dot com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Website Designing, Graphic Designing, And Web Hosting Services. Cheap & Reliable / Teenager Sells Mobile Startup To Yahoo for $30 Million / Cost of Developing a Website in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.