Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site (23022 Views)

I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / 3 Profitable Niche Site Selection Techniques That Works Great In 2018 (with PDF) / My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
Jinf:

INTERESTING!

It's my first time of researching about keywords. Looking forward to the post on how to use it properly.

Do have a nice day too!

You are welcome. Thank you.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by suleman12401: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
Please somebody help me about keywords, how to find good keywords and then write on them? My website is study related, you can check out my website at http://www.accaglobalwall.com. Somebody please suggest me how to rank my website fast, and in keywords selection.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
suleman12401:
Please somebody help me about keywords, how to find good keywords and then write on them? My website is study related, you can check out my website at http://www.accaglobalwall.com. Somebody please suggest me how to rank my website fast, and in keywords selection.

Just keep solving problems. That's it.

If you solve problems, everything will fall into place.

That you want to rank fast shows you have a 'me first' attitude.

I like what I see on your site so I will say just keep at it.

Also, have a long term view. This takes away the pressure of having to get results now and feeling frustrated when you don't.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Dollarground(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
suleman12401:
Suleman, send me an an email at somwealth1@gmail.com let me give u a post that will help you learn about keywords
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 31, 2017
How do I get my blog indexed fast it takes like a day for my new posts to appear on Google.

And please can anybody here tutor me on keywords.... I don't want to mess anything up.

This is my blog here

www.techsoft.com.ng

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 11:05am On Jul 31, 2017
netoc65:
How do I get my blog indexed fast it takes like a day for my new posts to appear on Google.

And please can anybody here tutor me on keywords.... I don't want to mess anything up.

This is my blog here

www.techsoft.com.ng

Hello Neto

I will say nothing wrong with a day.

To get indexed faster you could add a site map to your homepage (google how to do this).

You could also manually submit your site map to google through search console every time you write a new post.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lesson 2: Keyword Research (part 2)

Lesson 2 is about the steps to take to start keyword research.

Let's dive in and fill ya boots!

Step 1: Use a spreadsheet to track and choose the right keywords

I have researched over 100,000 keywords in the last 7 years. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but it's a lot!

You can't write this on a napkin and expect it to get organized.

I have a custom spreadsheet that I use to collect data on keywords I'm researching and I suggest you do this too.

It makes selecting and choosing keywords easier.

I'm sorry I won't be giving out or selling the spreadsheet but I will show you how you can create yours. Trust me, it's easy.

You don't need to be an excel spreadsheet guru to do this. It's basic stuff.

Mine is a bit more advanced now but it's just mostly fancy stuff. You don't need any of that to be honest.

So this is how you setup your spreadsheet:

> Create 9 columns.

Here are the names of each column:

Keywords.

Search Volume.

SEO competition

Adwords CPC

SEO Value

Domain Available

Adwords Competition

Country

Chance to Rank

Don't worry if you don't undertand all the categories within the spreadsheet yet.

Save your excel sheet and go on to step 2.

Step 2: Google Adword Keywords Tool

The google Adwords keyword tool is the tool you will be using to collect data on potential keywords.

Step 3: Brainstorm an industry

I have already mentioned how you need to evaluate a niche.

For this lesson, what you need to do is to choose keywords and domains around products and services of some kind.

Try to focus on things that could sell.

Starting a site on Mercedes Benz cars for example. Mercedes Benz is a product people buy. Starting a celebrity gossip niche site, however, is a no no for me. There is just no inherent thing to sell here.

Don't get me wrong, people do start and make money here but it's the hard way. Entertainment actually sells. But competition is rife and you live and die on Google Adsense income which is chump change.

Services are fine too. A niche site focusing on a topic like 'car repair' could be viable.

I'm particularly interested in women's niches (shoes, bags, hair extensions, perfumes) and household equipments.

Stay away from technology related niches as many of the people in this niche are ad blind. They are used to avoiding clicking on Adsense ads and banner ads).

You can consider technology related niches if you are planning on selling your own product or service along the line on your site.

So go ahead and do your brainstorm. In the next keyword lessons I will show you how to search for your first keywords, compiling your database for the spreadsheet, analyze the competition, determine your success of ranking, buying your domain.

Cheers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Essentials1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Oops...sorry I didn't see the Privacy Policy link.

Yeah anywhere will do as long as it's on your site.

Your blog design is good...way above the minimum requirement. So you are good there too.

Please, don't spend any money on designing your blog now. It's fine as it is.

When the blog starts raking in cash you can look to upgrade with a quality paid design.

You can shoot me an email at fredster389 at gmail dot com.
hello can a blog that has the word "sexy" in its domain name get adsense?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm getting a lot of SEO related messages that are way above the scope of this niche site lessons.

Please, if you really want to up your SEO game and consistently rank (if you put in the work) on the first pages of google for your keywords, sign up for my newsletter in my signature.

The SEO newsletter is a free SEO email course which I'm almost done completing.

This particular thread is mostly about creating a niche site that can make you $500 a month. SEO is just a small part of that.

I'm going to be covering keyword research, market analysis, SEO, product creation, copywriting, time management, staffing, outsourcing, etc. on the thread. So I can't really go in depth on any one area.

The SEO course isn't just for niche sites. It's for any online business looking to rank on google's first page and beating competitors to a pulp.

It's not going to be your regular SEO nonsense I see so called SEO expert bark like mad dogs. Infact I will go as far as saying 95% of SEO tips and strategies out there are pure rubbish.

They look nice in theory but utter nonsense in practice. And they don't work. It's unfortunately what most are doing. I should know because I have tried all of them.

The course is what I wish someone had put together when I was starting. If I sound salesy, remember I'm not selling it. It's going to be absolutely free. Free but immensely valuable.

Not thin too. From what I can see on my google docs as I flesh it out, it could cover almost 6 months. But I will look to chop some fluff.

All white hat SEO if I may add. No black juju stuff here that can get you banned by google.

It's also mostly going to be what you haven't ever heard. Unique is the word.

'Na lie. Na wetin all of them they talk,' I can hear you whispering. It's not a lie (sorry for the dbanj referencing).

So how unique?

Many 'SEO expert' tell you to always write regularly and keep your site fresh and updated. No wonder I see people on here always looking for content and blog writers.

This is absolute nonsense and unnecessary.

I will show you how to write 4 articles per year and beat the pants off your competitors. Can you manage just writing 4 articles? I know I can.

So stop wasting your valuable time writing mostly rubbish because some SEO guy told you that you should write 5 articles per week.

Write valuable contents primarily for your readers is another rubbish I hear preached on the SEO altar.

Absolute wash!

If you do this I can guarantee your failure.

So much to say, man. That's why I'm putting the course together.

It's going to be really stressful for me putting it together as I barely have enough time these days but I feel a lot of people need this.

I'm going to gauge the interest in this. If not enough people sign up, I will just scrap it.

So if you want this, vote by subscribing to the course then I know the interest is there.

Let me end the rant here but I'm so vexed so many people are led astray by these rubbish advice and even worse charged for them.

So please bear with me if I don't answer your SEO questions in detail here. Just go for the course.

Happy blogging.

Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
Essentials1:

Hey Essentials,

That's a tough one.

I really don't know.

I will read the Adsense TOS and get back to you on that.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by deturla: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hi guys,

I'm getting a lot of SEO related messages that are way above the scope of this niche site lessons.

Please, if you really want to up your SEO game and consistently rank (if you put in the work) on the first pages of google for your keywords, sign up for my newsletter in my signature.

The SEO newsletter is a free SEO email course which I'm almost done completing.

This particular thread is mostly about creating a niche site that can make you $500 a month. SEO is just a small part of that.

I'm going to be covering keyword research, market analysis, SEO, product creation, copywriting, time management, staffing, outsourcing, etc. on the thread. So I can't really go in depth on any one area.

The SEO course isn't just for niche sites. It's for any online business looking to rank on google's first page and beating competitors to a pulp.

It's not going to be your regular SEO nonsense I see so called SEO expert bark like mad dogs. Infact I will go as far as saying 95% of SEO tips and strategies out there are pure rubbish.

They look nice in theory but utter nonsense in practice. And they don't work. It's unfortunately what most are doing. I should know because I have tried all of them.

The course is what I wish someone had put together when I was starting. If I sound salesy, remember I'm not selling it. It's going to be absolutely free. Free but immensely valuable.

Not thin too. From what I can see on my google docs as I flesh it out, it could cover almost 6 months. But I will look to chop some fluff.

All white hat SEO if I may add. No black juju stuff here that can get you banned by google.

It's also mostly going to be what you haven't ever heard. Unique is the word.

'Na lie. Na wetin all of them they talk,' I can hear you whispering. It's not a lie (sorry for the dbanj referencing).

So how unique?

Many 'SEO expert' tell you to always write regularly and keep your site fresh and updated. No wonder I see people on here always looking for content and blog writers.

This is absolute nonsense and unnecessary.

I will show you how to write 4 articles per year and beat the pants off your competitors. Can you manage just writing 4 articles? I know I can.

So stop wasting your valuable time writing mostly rubbish because some SEO guy told you that you should write 5 articles per week.

Write valuable contents primarily for your readers is another rubbish I hear preached on the SEO altar.

Absolute wash!

If you do this I can guarantee your failure.

So much to say, man. That's why I'm putting the course together.

It's going to be really stressful for me putting it together as I barely have enough time these days but I feel a lot of people need this.

I'm going to gauge the interest in this. If not enough people sign up, I will just scrap it.

So if you want this, vote by subscribing to the course then I know the interest is there.

Let me end the rant here but I'm so vexed so many people are led astray by these rubbish advice and even worse charged for them.

So please bear with me if I don't answer your SEO questions in detail here. Just go for the course.

Happy blogging.

Cheers.

Good stuff.

Signed up on the newsletter already.

More grease
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
Essentials1:

Hey Essentials,

Just checked.

You will be fighting an uphill battle if you do have the word 'sexy' in your URL.

It's not explicitly stated in their TOS but it's best to just avoid all the headache this can bring and leave the 'sexy' in your bedroom.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by cheapgoals(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
wink
So so interesting.. Ow ah wish someone like u put me thru all thx befr I venture into it..

But ix nt too late to work on.. Op well done.

I just send you a mail
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by obitwice06(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2017
How do I subscribe for the course?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 1:57am On Aug 01, 2017
obitwice06:
How do I subscribe for the course?

Hello Obi

Check my signature.

Like just below this very post or in my profile.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by blessednnakude(m): 9:35am On Aug 01, 2017
Thanks for those info. I recently started a blog.
Http://gcnstories..com.ng just about two months ago. The blog is all about inspirational articles and stories. Due to my project work as a final year student I have not had much time to write stories of my own though writing inspirational articles. So I decided to copy some one story online to keep the blog busy so that I will go into my own writing when am done with my project defense and school.
What's your advise about that. Waiting your immediate reply so that I will not waste time if what am doing is wrong
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:44am On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
A simple formula that started it all for me

So here is the second part of the previous post.

Are you ready?

Here we go:

Why most Niche Sites fail

In the previous post, I said most Niche sites fail even before they get started because of a fatal error their owners make.

Guess what that error is?

Topic selection!!!

Topic selection is the greatest decision you will ever make on your niche site!

It's make or break here folks.

Choose the wrong topic for your Niche site and you are doomed from the beginning.

Yeah, go on and optimize your email list, create super duper content and throw a fancy design on the site, but the fate of your site is decided from day one.

Here is the kicker:

You can not rescue a bad niche site topic.

By topic, I mean what your Niche site covers or is all about.

It's the elevator speech of your site (What you will tell your Mum if you tell her to visit your site and she asks you what it's about).

So if you write about Tax related matters for SMEs then that's your niche site's topic.

Here are some blog/niche site topics that will fail horribly:

>My thoughts sorta blogs (where the owner just rambles on and on about every topic on earth and provides their own thoughts on the topic. Epic fail).

>Watch me travel blogs

>Celebrity/gossip blogs

>Tech blogs (This one is so so everywhere)

>Anything general

>etc.

How to choose winning blog topics

If you choose the right blog topic, you are 80% there.

So how do you choose the right topic?

You might want to write this on your forehead.

Grab a knife.

Ready?

Winning topics do two things:

1. They solve a specific problem that people are willing to pay money for

2. They solve the problem from a fresh angle or with a twist

Here is a simple formula to come up with blog topics that work:

What problem do you solve?/From what fresh angle do you solve it?

If you get your topic right and even if your execution is just a B- you will easily scale $500/per month in income from your blog 2-3 years from now.

Examples of using this formula to come up with winning blog topics

What problem do you solve?:

How can I make money online?

From what fresh angle do you solve it?:

By buying IPhones from computer village and flipping it on Olx at a profit.

Did you get that?

If I was doing this, I will then go ahead and create tons of articles on buying iPhones cheaply at CV and flipping on Olx.

I will hit this topic from every angle!

My article titles will look something like:

'26 ways to source for cheap iPhones in Computer Village'

'How to write descriptions that sells for your IPhones on olx?'

'A blueprint for flipping iPhones on olx'

'The best times to post your IPhone ad on olx'

'How to price your IPhones to make a profit on olx?'

'Why you should not flip your own IPhone on olx'

'Case Study: Meet Ali Simbi who made 15 million naira flipping IPhones on Olx and what you can learn from him.'

I can come up with 100 article titles that hits this topic from every angle if I keep going.

Be so specific with your fresh angle, take that fresh angle and keep delivering content on that specific ultra laser topic!

There should be no deviation what so ever.

You be so laser focused.

Notice my fresh angle wasn't selling stuff online?

I picked a specific thing: A phone.

Notice my fresh angle wasn't selling phones online?

I further niched it down to: Iphone.

Notice my fresh angle wasn't selling IPhones online?

I further niched online down to: Olx

I could even Niche it further down.

Problem: How do I make money online?

Fresh angle: By selling gold IPhones on Olx and promoting it via paid ad on the platform.

Then I will take this single topic and hit it from every angle.

I will make useful and actionable content that drives home this topic all day long on my niche site.

Here are more examples:

What problem do you solve? / From what fresh angle do you solve it from?

> How can I make money buying stocks?/By buying a stock when its P.E ratio is below 7 and selling after a year.

>How can I drive traffic to my ecommerce store?/ By using Facebook ads

>How can I make money online?/ By creating Adsense niche sites

>How do I start investing in real estate with no money?/ Partner up with a private investor who funds you all the cash for the investment and then you do all the work and split profit 50-50.

>How do I get my education blog on the first page of google for x keyword/ By getting a backlink from Harvard.edu

>How can I get more work done?/By using the GTD system.

The most common objection I get using this formula is people can't imagine writing on such a narrow topic like selling gold IPhones on Olx and promoting it via paid ads.

They can't imagine coming up with more than 2 articles on that topic. They fear it is just too niche.

You know what I tell them?

Niche down till you start feeling uncomfortable.

Some constraint and structure goes a long way.

I will tell you why this works in a later post.

There is a magic to it.

More stuff to come.

Cheers.

I take a bow

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Spongia1(m): 11:58am On Aug 01, 2017
Hello, nice job here. You have been very helpful. Anyways I have a football blog where we have posted over 60 original articles in like 2 weeks and hoping to do 100-120 overall in a month. There is an about us, contact us, privacy policy stuff there on it. However, I have been hearing people say that we can only apply after six months..... What do you say about this. please do check out the site.... www.footballprowess.com
hoping to hear from you.

NB: football sites generally don't adhere to the 700 words, 1000 words per post format. We do 350 because a football site is not meant to dilly dally for long, just straight to the point
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
Spongia1:
Hello, nice job here. You have been very helpful. Anyways I have a football blog where we have posted over 60 original articles in like 2 weeks and hoping to do 100-120 overall in a month. There is an about us, contact us, privacy policy stuff there on it. However, I have been hearing people say that we can only apply after six months..... What do you say about this. please do check out the site.... www.footballprowess.com
hoping to hear from you.

NB: football sites generally don't adhere to the 700 words, 1000 words per post format. We do 350 because a football site is not meant to dilly dally for long, just straight to the point

Hello Spongia,

I love your site's design. Awesome stuff.

You can apply for Google Adsense anytime, there is no sandbox for that.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Obagoblog(m): 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nice one... Op
Two reasons why am trying to avoid tech niche:-
It's now being overcrowded like the entertainment niche....
Your Blog visitors are mostly geeks who knows about adsense... Either they already activate ad blocker on their browser or they avoid clicking your ads just like you said...

My question is, is it advisable to research a local keyword in countries like UK, US, and Canada and target them only...

Question 2. Can I go on without getting a domain for my niche site as I have 3 different researched keywords.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by greenhealthng(m): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hello op,,,i created this blog but abandoned it in january due to pessimism and other stuffs I'm occupied with,,,i would like to ignite it,,kindly check it up and tell me where I'll work on to improve my success www.greenhealthng.com
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by KinzyeWriter(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

[b]Hello Bro.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
blessednnakude:
Thanks for those info. I recently started a blog.
Http://gcnstories..com.ng just about two months ago. The blog is all about inspirational articles and stories. Due to my project work as a final year student I have not had much time to write stories of my own though writing inspirational articles. So I decided to copy some one story online to keep the blog busy so that I will go into my own writing when am done with my project defense and school.
What's your advise about that. Waiting your immediate reply so that I will not waste time if what am doing is wrong

Hello blessed,

First, the .com extension will limit your sites SEO. It doesn't have as much add-ons (like plugins) and support as a custom domain name. Do get a custom domain name as soon as you can.

Second, don't copy and paste someone's content on your site. Google doesn't like this and they certainly won't rank you.

If you are strapped for cash you can use the blogger platform as practice until you get done from school.

Wish you all the best.

Let me know how it goes.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
[quote author=KinzyeWriter post=59046185][/quote]

Hello to you too Kinzye.

Your moniker, is it a play on Kanye's name? Sounds like it in my head.

What's good bro? How's the writing coming along?
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hey guys,

Today's post might come a bit late. Sorry about that.

For the mean time, here are some free ebooks for starting an online business (today only):

https://launchteam.lpages.co/book-giveaway/#Taylor

I thought I do share with you guys.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hello to you too Kinzye.

Your moniker, is it a play on Kanye's name? Sounds like it in my head.

What's good bro? How's the writing coming along?

Thanks Bro, Well, Kinzy as my nick E as online and writer as my profession altogether means Kinzy the online writer smh grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by noblesteve(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
I hope to learn more from here
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Intelville: 6:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hello Deturla

That's great!

I just checked it out.

I love the angle.

kingzye, i believe you are a God sent. Health and lifestyle has always been my passion and since last yr i started this very blog, Gracefully google honoured it with an A class ads account. U need to check 'em out www.emmanueltowers.tk
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:
Hey guys,

Today's post might come a bit late. Sorry about that.

For the mean time, here are some free ebooks for starting an online business (today only):

https://launchteam.lpages.co/book-giveaway/#Taylor

I thought I do share with you guys.

Men you are right and you really opened my eyes to an entirely new dimension. Blogging is all about solving problems, I own a photo blog and I just realised things will just fall in place when you help people solve little little problems here and there.
I don't copy and paste, all my contents are original although I do use wikipedia sometimes to get my facts right and to dig deeper. I also do use images from Wikipedia on my blog, don't know if that is copy right infringement although Wikipedia clearly states that their images can distributed and even remixed for free.

Thanks bro for all your enlightenment.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nichesiteseo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2017
Omagzee:

Men you are right and you really opened my eyes to an entirely new dimension. Blogging is all about solving problems, I own a photo blog and I just realised things will just fall in place when you help people solve little little problems here and there. Thanks bro for all your enlightenment.

Hi Oma,

Exactly, it's all about problem solving. Way to go.

Just checked your blog.

Amazing work you are doing.

You deserve a pat.

Thank you for the kind words.
Re: How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nichesiteseo:

Hi Oma,

Exactly, it's all about problem solving. Way to go.

Just checked your blog.

Amazing work you are doing.

You deserve a pat.

Thank you for the kind words.

No, thanks to you rather. I modified your mention, I really do need your clarification on that Wikipedia copy right stuff. Please check it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Website Designing, Graphic Designing, And Web Hosting Services. Cheap & Reliable / Teenager Sells Mobile Startup To Yahoo for $30 Million / Cost of Developing a Website in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.