Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police (103932 Views)

Nigerian Air Force To Take Delivery Of ₦2.3b Augusta 109 Power Helicopter / Buhari In Lagos: Naomi Campbell Changes The Caption Of Her Photos With President / GMD Nnpc Led Task Force To Ambush Black Market Spot In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
Monkeys and baboons! Of all things, this is the most important. Idiiots!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by raphaeladeyele: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
Misplaced piority how about collection,of #20

1 Like

Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by basic23111: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
changing the name is total waste of time, Npf needs total reform or replacement
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
How did i find myself in this country 'O God'
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Oyindawealth(f): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
Swiftlee:
Brethren, for it is written! No body, I repeat! No body can rob of the lines off the body of the zebra! You can never wash of the dots on the leopard's skin! You can change the name by removing "force" but the devil that has been forcing them to collect 20Naira can never be forced out except through deliverance!
pls my people,let's just try 2 be positive... All those big, big countries we're running to started from d scratch.. And I believe we will get there 2 someday... STAY POSITIVE!!
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by odinga1of: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
Badtman:
seems common sense has finally fall NASS

is not by force!
Nigeria Police in Delta should stop using FORCE to extort money from boiz again not all fine niggas are yahoo yahoo or G burger some are hustler ,students.

if you trek or travel by bike, car, bus those Delta police will order you to come and show dem your phone ,the worst part of it is when you forgot your at home you are in trouble.

Thunder fall on them!

FTC

My broda I tire for A Division and B Division police in Delta State (Warri to be precise)

The thing now don turn anoda level oo, any android phone with u automatically u be "Yahoo Boy"

I was thoroughly searched at HAUSA QUARTERS Early January, Last year I was whisked from Warri Garage to A Division Police station luckyly no phone on me. I left my phone at home, except the drugs and my house key that was with me.

To come Warri now I come dey fear like say na IRAN or IRAQ i dey go.
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
nepa to phcn. what did it yield? police force to police...ok let's watch n see.

1 Like

Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Smooyis(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
I can't just stop laughing. Nigeria senate no go kill person ooo grin angry grin angry grin
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by IamBornToWin(f): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nne udo diri.
Brownbarbie97:
This is what happens when you have clueless leaders without blueprints, motives and directions ruling a country.
How does changing the name or rather how does removing "force" from it make it any less useless than it already is ??
They should tackle the real issues we have in this country and stop distracting us with such frivolities.Useless set of efulefus. angry
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by yelanst(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
Several billions of taxpayers money will go down the drain in the name of changing uniforms, signposts etc. Just watch out!
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by CioAngels(f): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
Sadly Sadly, changing from npf to np does not change the humanbeings in np. Saraki, changing to Nigeria police, will it stop them from killing innocent nigerians, lying against innocent Nigerians that sends them to jail for offence not committed, will changing stop officers from stealing from junior officers salaries, pensions and allowances? Saraki, all this you are doing lately is like face saving for your desperation to the presidency? Saraki?
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Tex42(m): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
Na by changing of name?

wait until u feel their "force" on highways and major arteries across the country, only then will u realize that the "force" was removed on paper but not from field operation.

just scrap the whole police thing if u want to be taken seriously @Nigeriasenate
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by reiddecuti: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
What of the all black uniform? That should be discarded too.
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by ayandarenoni(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
glory002:
Nigerian Senate on Wednesday changed the name of Nigerian Police Force to Nigerian Police.

This is part of the constituional review process on-going at the eighth national assembly.

87 Senators voted in support for the change of name while 2 Senators voted against and one sustained.

the thunder that will fall on these people is still under construction, NIGERIA POLICE FORCE &NIGERIA POLICE
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by hibee4uall(m): 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by biblegirl: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Since d force has bn removed maybe they will stop forcing one to bring bribe.
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by BadBlaize(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
so outta 309 senators only 90 where in attendance.. Ghost workers
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Kris907(m): 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
Long over due
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by eddynathan: 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
It took me almost an hour to notice the difference.
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by ORIGENAL(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
Zoo Police
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by sanusikebbe(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
Good move
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
hardywaltz:
Will it stop them from collection of N20 and road blocks.
no mind them,instead to change characters.
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
All pockets should be removed from their uniform because that is what brings the force.
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by eliwa47(m): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nothing change! its still the same force.
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
Delta state police wasted my time on Sunday for simply owing a laptop...not only that I was asked to pay the sum of N5000 or risk losing my PC. All my attempts to contact a senior military man to get those guys back to their senses was wasted as they all refused to answer his call on my phone. The ediot named me a Yahoo man even after I had shown in all evidences and given access to scrutinize the said laptop. Of course, I ended up paying after a 45 minutes argument.

As if that wasn't enough, some two young guys were arrested along same path for walking around with common android tablet. Those guys had to bribe the Nigerian Police Force with N1000 along Warri-Benin road.

Honestly, I have given up on Nigeria. After Nigerian politicians, the Nigerian Police Force is the most corrupt entity in this country.

Funny thing is the same laptop that led to my ordeal on Sunday in Delta state was stolen yesterday night in Lagos. I have gone to lay a complaint in one of the dirty slums they call stations. Of course nothing will come out of that complaint as nothing good can come from a highly useless organisation.

For me, a change of name, branding or whatever they call it cannot change those guys. The selfish Nigerian politicians hire the best of the best foreign trained officers only to discard the riffraffs among them to "protect" the common and average man on the street. For those that guys that wasted my time, and resources, they will eventually pay with their lives, before year ends. Amin!
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by manubuikep(m): 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
that one no be our problem, weather force or not police na police
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by karrengold(f): 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
not just the name.... everything about them must be changed.......
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by demola7: 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
This is what happens when you have clueless leaders without blueprints, motives and directions ruling a country.
How does changing the name or rather how does removing "force" from it make it any less useless than it already is ??
They should tackle the real issues we have in this country and stop distracting us with such frivolities.Useless set of efulefus. angry
not all of them are useless sir, there are just three arms of force in Nigeria sir, Army, Navy and Air force sir
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by nextstep(m): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
So now there will be contracts awarded for repainting the logo everywhere, and for making new badges, pamphlets, letter heads and so on.

This was one change we did not ask for: we said they should stop harassing us and collecting bribe, NASS says they will just change the name and all our problems are solved angry
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by wasiumiracle1(m): 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nigeria police

1 Like

Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
Certainly, other issues require urgent attention (in respect to policing) but this is still a good step!
Re: Senate Changes The Name Of The Nigeria Police Force To Nigerian Police by ChimaAdeoye: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
grin grin grin

Dem try.

That is the biggest priority now in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muazu Magaji 'Celebrates' Abba Kyari’s Death / Anambra 2017 Governorship Election Monitoring And Live Updates / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.