Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,574 members, 7,837,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano (27048 Views)

Throwback: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Yes, Osun is bankrupt, the same Osun still commissioned more projects than the whole of SE combined and even post larger budget than all your SE villages so who is really bankrupt?

Nearly all your villages collected salary bailouts. grin

Obviously, your no projects guguru and ekpa budget villages. grin

Ipob fact less and baseless rubbish bore me always.
The poorest LG in the south east is richer than osun failed state. Fact cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Nonaira1: 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
allrightsir:

Look I am not here to trade insults but to debate facts. Rivers has not made much progress in it's IGR over the last 4 years, so it is not likely based on it's past track record to do so. Ogun on the other hand has moved from N14B to N72B, in the same period. Between 2012 and 2016 Ogun increased it's IGR by 500%, it's average over the period is 66% per year. Rivers in 4 years has gone from N66B to N85B approx 30% increase over 4 years and an average increase per year of 6% per year. Excuse me let put the sentiments and emotion aside and use some common sense in the absence of 2017 figures, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to deduce that Ogun WILL surpass Rivers in IGR in the next few years,if it hasnt already in 2017.

Dude the leader of Nigerian statistics is a yoruba. Therefore, none of what comes out of there is factual considering what you people are known for. When a non yoruba takes over then whatever stats they say is when we believe it. Until then, everything is propaganda as long as the head is a yoruba. Afterall was he not the one that provided a stat several months ago that deluded Osun into thinking they had one of the highest GDP and didn't need oil money. The second oil dropped, the truth came out.

2 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by FKO81(m): 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
Report from British high commission Abuja on Anambra 2017

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by totit: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
Lool

Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu Applied For Islamic Bank Loan, Got Senate Approval[b]
The Senate yesterday approved part of the 2016-2018 External Borrowing Plan pertaining to the Lagos, Kano railway modernisation project (Lagos-Ibadan segment double track).

The upper chamber also endorsed the World Bank-supported reconstruction and rehabilitation of the Northeast at $1.806 billion.

This followed the consideration of the report of the Senate Committee on Local and Foreign Debts on the proposed Federal Government 2016-2018 External Borrowing (Rolling) Plan presented by the Chairman of the Committee, Senator Shehu Sani.

Sani, in his report, noted that the committee resolved to consider the project due to its importance and urgency to fast track the development of critical infrastructure.

The committee received briefs from Ministers of Transportation and Finance, Director General of the Debt Management Office (DMO), Chairman, Fiscal Responsibility Commission and Managing Director, Nigeria Railway Corporation.

The projects to be financed by the China Exim Bank include Lagos-Kano Railway Modernisation (Lagos-Ibadan segment); Lagos-Kano Railway modernisation project (Kano-Kaduna segment) and Coastal Railway (Lagos-Calabar segment).

On the World Bank-supported projects, Sani listed polio eradication and routine immunisation, Community and Social Development project and Nigeria States Health programme investment.

Apart from approving the loan request, the committee’s recommendations adopted by the Senate included that the:

immediate negotiation for the Eastern corridor (Port Harcourt-Maiduguri) and same submitted for approval by the National Assembly; and that the
committee “do recommend for approval by the Senate the remaining segments of the Rail modernisation project as soon as these are approved by the Board of China-Exim Bank, namely (Lagos-Calabar segment) and the Port Harcourt Maiduguri line (the Eastern corridor rail project)”.
The committee also recommended that the Senate “do emphasize effective oversight by relevant committees on the implementation of all the projects for which the loans is being approved.”

It said that the projects, when fully implemented were sure to stimulate economic development and create both direct and indirect jobs for Nigerians, particularly youth.

On the World Bank supported loan, the committee said that the projects, which are mainly proposed for the Northeast region, will facilitate the much needed rehabilitation of the people and allow schools to be reopened.

The Senate also approved a $750 million Islamic Bank loan request by some states. These are: Enugu, Ebonyi, Kano, and Ondo states.

Ebonyi’s $80 million loan request was earlier rejected but following strident pleadings by Senator Obinna Ogba (Ebonyi Central) the upper chamber made a U-turn to approve the request.

The Senate also approved the $750 million medium term external loan requests for six states, out of the Federal Government’s request of $1.49billion for 10 states.

The states whose loan requests were approved are Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Kano, Ondo and Plateau.

The committee said there was a need for phased approval of the loan requests for the other states which are: Ogun, Jigawa, Kaduna and Katsina.

A breakdown of the approved loans are $70 million from African Development Bank (ADB) for Ebonyi Ring Road Project (to be co-financed by Islamic Development Bank), $200 million ADB facility for Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP) in Abia State, and $200 million IDB loan for Kano State Integrated Agricultural and Water Resources Development.

It also approved a $100 million request for Enugu and Kano from the French Development Agency for the third National Urban Water Sector Reform (NUWSRP-III).

“That the remaining four states in the borrowing plan be deferred,” the report read.

The railway project, which includes the Lagos-Ibadan segment double track is to be funded by China Export-Import Bank for $1.231 billion, while the Northeast rehabilitation is to be funded by the World Bank for $575 million.

The terms of the China EXIM bank loan include a maturity enure of 20 years with a moratorium of seven years at interest rate of 2.5 per cent. It also includes a management fee of 0.5 per cent, a commitment fee of 0.2 per cent, and a duration of three years.

The committee in its report observed that the railway project would link the North to the South by rail and promote trade, create jobs and also reduce pressure in roads infrastructure.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/thenationonlineng.net/senate-approves-1-806b-chinese-loan-rail-projects/amp/

Lool shocked grin

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Yyeske(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
All you guys thinking Anambra is poor should try refute our claims na, why just viewing?

2 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
Nonaira1:

Dude the leader of Nigerian statistics is a yoruba. Therefore, noone of what comes out of there is factual considering what you people are known for. When a non yoruba takes over then whatever stats is when we believe it. Until then, everything is propaganda as long as the head is a yoruba. Afterall was he not the one that provided a stays several months ago that deluded Osun into thinking they had one of the highest GDP and didn't need oil money. The second oil dropped, the truth came out.
Every time I come on nairaland it's one afonja trying to rewrite facts like they have done with their Lagos/Ibadan media. It used to be deomelo aka Aresa, now it's allrightsir. How can a sane human being say Ogun increased their IGR by 500% and now generates more revenue than rivers? WTF? The same Ogun that received billions in bailouts twice and yet still cant pay workers salaries? Whereas states like Anambra, Rivers shunned the bailout and are still faithful in paying salaries. Lagos/Ibadan media is fake news

2 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by FKO81(m): 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yyeske:
All you guys thinking Anambra is poor should try refute our claims na, why just viewing?

Anambra and Ogun the difference is clear grin grin

Physical facts on ground
allrightsir:
[s]I am prepared to engage people who want to exhange facts and debate based on facts and common sense. I have no agenda but the truth, logic and common sense.
I have for instance stated that according to the Economist not me but a reputable international organisation, Imo state has a larger GDP than Anambra in 2010. I also stated that it makes no sense to me because I had always seen Anambra as the industrial hub of the SE but in the absence of published figures by Nigerian statutory bodies I have no choice but to go by figures published by reputable bodies. i have also stated here that a publication stating that Osun state has a higher GDP than Anambra cannot be right. I also corrected myself on Rivers state when someone pointed it out before I had a closer look at their GDP trajectory of both Ogun and Rivers. Hopefully these examples will show anyone other than those with an agenda that I try to be as objective as possible.

Those who want to trade insults and enagage in emotional or tribal debates or chest beating or my dick is bigger than yours type of dialogue should find a willing participant elsewhere...this is nairaland, you wont be in want. I have found myself sucked in to such debates on too many occasions on nairaland and I have vowed not to be sucked into them. [/s]

2 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
totit:
Lool

Lool shocked grin
The Senate also approved the $750 million medium term external loan requests for six states, out of the Federal Government’s request of $1.49billion for 10 states.

The states whose loan requests were approved are Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Kano, Ondo and Plateau.

The committee said there was a need for phased approval of the loan requests for the other states which are: Ogun, Jigawa, Kaduna and Katsina.

After billions received in bailout funds, paris debt refund, etc, our beloved ogun state that increased IGR by 500% according to one allrightsir is still begging for islamic loan.. What a wawu. Only in Nigera
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 10:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

Every time I come on nairaland it's one afonja trying to rewrite facts like they have done with their Lagos/Ibadan media. It used to be deomelo aka Aresa, now it's allrightsir. How can a sane human being say Ogun increased their IGR by 500% and now generates more revenue than rivers? WTF? The same Ogun that received billions in bailouts twice and yet still cant pay workers salaries? Whereas states like Anambra, Rivers shunned the bailout and are still faithful in paying salaries. Lagos/Ibadan media is fake news

And who told you Ogun state is owing salaries?
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by deomelo: 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
[s]
AtlanticBreeze:

The poorest LG in the south east is richer than osun failed state. Fact cheesy cheesy cheesy
[/s]

According to the ipob troll or ffk the crack head?

Please go away, I don't have time for trolls.

2 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by FKO81(m): 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
omofunaab:

Ogun was bailed out twice by FG, Anambra never ask for bailout funds

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
allrightsir:
[s]I am prepared to engage people who want to exhange facts and debate based on facts and common sense. I have no agenda but the truth, logic and common sense.
I have for instance stated that according to the Economist not me but a reputable international organisation, Imo state has a larger GDP than Anambra in 2010. I also stated that it makes no sense to me because I had always seen Anambra as the industrial hub of the SE but in the absence of published figures by Nigerian statutory bodies I have no choice but to go by figures published by reputable bodies. i have also stated here that a publication stating that Osun state has a higher GDP than Anambra cannot be right. I also corrected myself on Rivers state when someone pointed it out before I had a closer look at their GDP trajectory of both Ogun and Rivers. Hopefully these examples will show anyone other than those with an agenda that I try to be as objective as possible.

Those who want to trade insults and enagage in emotional or tribal debates or chest beating or my dick is bigger than yours type of dialogue should find a willing participant elsewhere...this is nairaland, you wont be in want. I have found myself sucked in to such debates on too many occasions on nairaland and I have vowed not to be sucked into them.

Many of the people talking here on issues of tribe or religion dont have a penny to their names, so I really dont understand why they take things so personal. Anambra or Rivers or Ogun states being rich or poor doesnt added a kobo to our accounts, so what's all the grief about?[/s]
Is this an apology for claiming ogun increased IGR by 500% in less than 2 years? Mind boggling. You should stop posting on nairaland

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by totit: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

After billions received in bailout funds, paris debt refund, etc, our beloved ogun state that increased IGR by 500% according to one allrightsir is still begging for islamic loan.. What a wawu. Only in Nigera

I guess you skipped enugu,aba and imo on that news...but why

Mind you America is the most indebted country but still holds the world biggest economy. You argument hold no water. grin

3 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Yyeske(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
omofunaab:

Luckily they might have paid up with the loans they've been receiving but Anambra isn't owning even after not receiving any. So, what do you make of that? This is despite the "HUGE" IGR Ogun state generates

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by totit: 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

An average ipobitter when run out of facts are programmed to cover up with insults and random pictures grin not surprise tho shocked

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
omofunaab:

As at late last year ogun workers were on strike. Check the date on the pic below and if govt dont fulfill the terms of paying backlogs to the workers, the workers will be back on strike soon too

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
FKO81:

Ogun was bailed out twice by FG, Anambra never ask for bailout funds

Bailout funds were loans solicited by the various state Governors.. . It wasn't mandated that it's purpose should be solely for salary payments.

So how can you be so sure Ogun state collected bailout funds to offset salaries arrears when it wasn't even owing salaries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

grin grin
according to ffk a bonafide son of osun state. My LG is far richer than osun state not to talk of my state. I know Aregbeidiot is even owning you for your social media propaganda work grin grin

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yyeske:
Luckily they might have paid up with the loans they've been receiving but Anambra isn't owning even after not receiving any. So, what do you make of that? This is despite the "HUGE" IGR Ogun state generates

You guys are peddling falsehood.

There was never a time when Ogun state owed workers
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Yyeske(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Disprove him before running off

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

As at late last year ogun workers were on strike. Check the date on the pic below and if govt dont fulfill the terms of paying backlogs to the workers, the workers will be back on strike soon too

They weren't protesting workers salaries.... Instead they were protesting their delayed promotions and cooperative deductions.

Ogun state is paying minimum wage unlike anambra

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
omofunaab:

[s]Bailout funds were loans solicited by the various state Governors[/s].. . It wasn't mandated that it's purpose should be solely for salary payments.

So how can you be so sure Ogun state collected bailout funds to offset salaries arrears when it wasn't even owing salaries
Bailout funds were strictly given for payment of salaries after Buhari held meetings with governors on his assumption on how to offset salaries being owed by most governors at the time. However, instead of working to repay the loan as he promised, ogun is still looking for more loans. oma se oh

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Yyeske(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
omofunaab:

You guys are peddling falsehood.

There was never a time when Ogun state owed workers
Lord have mercy! Fellow Nairalanders, anybody home and did you all saw what I'm sawing? Damn!

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by deomelo: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
totit:

Lool grin
Random pictures to the rescue. shocked

WAEC to IPOB - Show credible and factual evidence to support your claims with.

IPOB to WAEC - Ipob shows random pictures of his village.

WAEC results - IPOB/F9

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
omofunaab:

They weren't protesting workers salaries.... Instead they were protesting their delayed promotions and cooperative deductions.

Ogun state is paying minimum wage unlike anambra
Lies

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by Yyeske(m): 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:
Lies
That guy can lie for Africa o

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
totit:

I guess you skipped enugu,aba and imo on that news...but why

Mind you America is the most indebted country but still holds the world biggest economy. You argument hold no water. grin
America is not owing salaries

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by deomelo: 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yyeske:
Disprove him before running off

I debate sane, credible and documented facts, not silly, baseless, fact less ipob nonsense.
Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

Bailout funds were strictly given for payment of salaries after Buhari held meetings with governors on his assumption on how to offset salaries being owed by most governors at the time. However, instead of working to repay the loan as he promised, ogun is still looking for more loans. oma se oh

This is why we call most of you illiterates.

You don't understand the Meaning of the word "Mandate" . Any state could have applied for the bailout funds whether owing salaries or not... FG can't "Mandate" the state governments to use the money to offset salary arrears... That's what we call separation of powers... The FG can only appeal to them.

Ogun state used its bailout funds to fund developmental projects across the states

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by AtlanticBreeze: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
deomelo:

WAEC to IPOB - Show credible and factual evidence to support your claims with.

IPOB to WAEC - Ipob shows random pictures of his village.

WAEC results - IPOB/F9

grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano by omofunaab(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
Yyeske:
Lord have mercy! Fellow Nairalanders, anybody home and did you all saw what I'm sawing? Damn!

So far so good, you guys have failed to show that Ogun state owed workers their salaries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why INEC Omitted Our Lagos Candidates’ Names –Labour Party / Shettima Casts Vote In Borno / Oil Discovered In Lagos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.