Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,962 members, 7,863,418 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

Jonathan Is Now President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Now President (10666 Views)

Prof. Joy Ogwu Now President Of UN Security Council / Former President Jonathan’s Legacy Is Now President Muhammadu Buhari’s Burden / Breaking News, Turai Now President, Yaradua Her ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is Now President by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2010
Wen ur constitution is a copy of anoda country(America),confusion like dis shuld b expected.anyway,i hope this wont b d dawn of anoda nightmare because jonathan is stil part of d cabals.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by gidson12(m): 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2010
their should be a serious review and amendment of the Nigerian Constitution, their are so many flaws and lapses that could result so mess like this occurring again, though necessary the senates action was unconstitutional by empowering goodluck as acting according to section 145
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by hilli666(m): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
The pestilence of avarice still plagues our fledgling country, how eager and easily they pass power from one corrupt hands to the next while ignorant and insipid denizens look on as if paralyzed by the share audacity of such malfeasance. They have cleared the vaults of our past, like wise did they empty the vaults of our present, but now such unabated greed threaten to clear the vaults of our future, our children and all posterity. Should we still watch in vain? Should we relegate discussions of such a serious and dire nature to mare mockery and humour, while the consequences threathen to eradicate our way of life, and our culture?
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by vigasimple(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2010
Our constitution is NOT the problem, it is those that are trying to interpret it that are the problem

I think PDP is a disgrace to this country.

David Mark using unsubstantiated  BBC Radio Hausa service to admit as notice of going on medical vacation of a President of 140  million people, that is more than 7 weeks after the President has disappear.

If, Yar A'clueless is well enough to do a radio interview, he is well to phone the speaker of both Houses, do a video conference an update Nigerians about his health, and write or officially informed Nigerians of him being on Medical leave.

It is either the President is unable because of incapacity or he is just contemptous. Either way, impeachment should have been the right way, and it will be for the President to provide medical reports of his situation.

I just think that we are being fed with loads of rubbish, and until we decided enough is enough and VOTE OUT PDP IN EVERY POSITION, THEY WILL CONTINUE TO DO THIS.

By the way, as our constitution stands today, only the FEC and possibly the court can declare Yar A'dua unfit and for the VP to become President or Acting.

NASS can impeach, they do not have the power to make anyone Acting President. ( AGF idonkia may be a fool but he is right on this).

What NASS should have insisted on is for the President to write a belated letter after nearly 80 days to say that he is on Medical vacation or face impeachment within 7 days, then the letter will have suffaced either forged or not.

Nigeria will hail thee.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by ELEOVIE(m): 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2010
Yesss Goodluck is from the MIDDLE BELT, shocked shocked shocked shocked Na wa O!
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by hauler: 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
hilli666:

The pestilence of avarice still plagues our fledgling country, how eager and easily they pass power from one corrupt hands to the next while ignorant and insipid denizens look on as if paralyzed by the share audacity of such malfeasance. They have cleared the vaults of our past, like wise did they empty the vaults of our present, but now such unabated greed threaten to clear the vaults of our future, our children and all posterity. Should we still watch in vain? Should we relegate discussions of such a serious and dire nature to mare mockery and humour, while the consequences threathen to eradicate our way of life, and our culture?

Uhum, now you can close the dictionary in front of you. Rubbish!
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by fnk: 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
If I am the acting President, with the few months that I have to be in the office or acting, I will ask that  Refineries be built in Bayelsa, Rivers and Cross Rivers, this will give the people there jobs during construction period, and operating the location. If this is all he did, he will be the greatest president that Nigeria ever had. Those states will transform, and peace will be restored.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by Reptyle(m): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2010
vigasimple:

Our constitution is NOT the problem, it is those that are trying to interpret it that are the problem

By the way, as our constitution stands today, only the FEC and possibly the court can declare Yar A'dua unfit and for the VP to become President or Acting.

NASS can impeach, they do not have the power to make anyone Acting President. ( AGF idonkia may be a fool but he is right on this).

Well said!!!
blackmann:

It took all my willpower and patience to read thru the replies to this thread, i can come to one conclusion - [b]Nigerians are hard to please no matter what. i'm pretty sure it was most pple here that had been shouting in the past that yaradua is a lame president, and he didn't hand over power, his cacus wants him hold on to the presidency at all costs. now that the VP has been empowered, these same pple are saying otherwise -  he will be a figurehead, a lame acting president, all under 24 hrs of his swearing in. like ebenezer obey said "ko si ogbon ti o le da, ko si iwa ti o le wu, ko si ona ti o le mo, ti o le fi te aye l'orun"(there is nothing in this world u can do that will make u satisfy everybody).[/b]

I speak for myself when I reiterate that at best, what this Senate has done with its resolution is to slip a banana peel under the VP's feet. It is like asking him to build a skyscraper on a foundation made from styrofoam. If the process that saw his emergence as acting president goes against the dictates of the constitution, as it unfortunately is presently, then any action he takes can easily be voided by a court order filed by any interested party. Otherwise, it sets a dangerous and illegal precedent.

What is worth doing is worth doing well. This politicians know the law. it is written down in black and white. Why can't they simply follow the prescribed procedure. If they start the process today, Jonathan can legally assume that role by Friday. it is not such a difficult process. Yorubas will say " Eje ka se bi won shen se, koba le ri bo tin ri!!!"
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by Fhemmmy: 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2010
fnk:

If I am the acting President, with the few months that I have to be in the office or acting, I will ask that  Refineries be built in Bayelsa, Rivers and Cross Rivers, this will give the people there jobs during construction period, and operating the location. If this is all he did, he will be the greatest president that Nigeria ever had. Those states will transform, and peace will be restored.  

And while you are doing all that, what now happens to other over 30 states?
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by fnk: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2010
The idea is that he makes that those refineries are built.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by slaykay07: 5:03pm On Feb 10, 2010
IN YOUR OWN INTEREST:

no matter the position you are offered in ANY organisation

if your deputy is named "Goodluck" , please decline,

even if it is UN SEC GEN OR HEAD OF THE AFRICAN UNION

in your own interest decline o,

in case you think am joking:

- Goodluck was assistant head boy in pry school, the head boy got expelled, he took over

- Goodluck was assistant senior prefect in secondary school, the senior prefect died, goodluck took over

- Goodluck was deputy local govt chairman, the chairman got implicated in corruption and got removed from office, goodluck took over

- Goodluck was deputy governor to Alameiseigha, we all know that story

- Goodluck was vice to Yar adua : PERICADIATIS!

you may say its coincidence, na you know…!!!

a friend of mine just called off his church wedding, why? his bestman was named Goodluck

he is insisting that all that will occur is traditional wedding,

I don talk my own…!!!

PEOPLE, DON’T SAY I DIDN’T WARN YOU O.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by sholasys: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2010
Of all the posts I have read on this thread, I can only submit that the senate are empowered to make laws and enact constitutions. I think they acted within their constitutional responsibilities. Even if the constitution only restricted on transmitting letter to the senate by the Prexi before the VP can be recognized as acting prexi, can't the lawmakers form a quorum and re enact the constitution bc of peace and progress of this country ?
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by djcrucifix(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
well it's about time.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by zeedee(f): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
ode remo:

not now and never. and in case that happens . NIGERIA as whole is gone. will be no more.

In that case I'll start packing my suitcases.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2010
fnk:

The idea is that he makes that those refineries are built.

OK
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by slyk2(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2010
what a smooth operator!

always coming from behind

watch out for this man.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by hilli666(m): 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2010
hauler:

Uhum, now you can close the dictionary in front of you. Rubbish!

Again another grand display of illiteracy. If you cant understand the words, which I chose deliberately  to express my sentiments on this issue, then how can you understand the language with which politicians use to deceive you? And if you cant comprehend that simple fact, then you are definitely in no position to comment on the subject at hand. This conversation is for mature, and educated people who have the earned ability to, offer a  thoughtfull  and unbiased analysis of the escalating situation, and not for common fish mongers like you, who lack education and the skill of thought,  but also loath in an abundance of unnecessary self patriotic passion (but only when convenient). If you claim or to be educated, then all I can say is you need to ask you school for a complete refund.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2010
sly-k:

what a smooth operator!

always coming from behind

watch out for this man.

ummmm
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by alanbolo(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2010
slaykay07:

IN YOUR OWN INTEREST:

no matter the position you are offered in ANY organisation

if your deputy is named "Goodluck" , please decline,  

even if it is UN SEC GEN OR HEAD OF THE AFRICAN UNION

in your own interest decline o,

in case you think am joking:

- Goodluck was assistant head boy in pry school, the head boy got expelled, he took over

- Goodluck was assistant senior prefect in secondary school, the senior prefect died, goodluck took over

- Goodluck was deputy local govt chairman, the chairman got implicated in corruption and got removed from office, goodluck took over

- Goodluck was deputy governor to Alameiseigha, we all know that story

- Goodluck was vice to Yar adua : PERICADIATIS!

you may say its coincidence, na you know…!!!

a friend of mine just called off his church wedding, why? his bestman was named Goodluck

he is insisting that all that will occur is traditional wedding,  

I don talk my own…!!!

PEOPLE, DON’T SAY I DIDN’T WARN YOU O.

This make my day in the midst of this storm,    smiley smiley smiley
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by philips70(m): 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2010
The AGF ANACONDA or whatever his name is has just been fired and has been re-appointed as a messenger ie special duties. Those who think Jonathan is weak should have a rethink.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by safeact(m): 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
Make una no kill me with laughter! So d man was scared that his best man will eventually take over his wife from him! Goodluck don suffer 4 NLanders. But wait oh, why wouldnt Jonathan sack d stup.d AGF, Andoankaa rather than changing his post? Is that not an act of cowardise? Excuse me pass jare.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by jatwill(m): 6:05pm On Feb 10, 2010
hauler:

You all need to get back to work and stop being internet gangsters. These people will run the country whatever way they like and there is nothing you guys can do but sit here ranting and raving. Abeg stop wasting your time

this involve us so we have to be concern. i disagree with you that nigerians can't do anytin, those that are tring are tryin and one day result will come out
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by Obinoscopy(m): 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2010
I propose a total reshuffling of the whole presidential structure. I'm sure Jonathan does not believe in a go slow government so my advice is that he intensifies and speeding up the government effort in ensuring the dividends of democracy reaches the masses. And he can only do that by sacking the unseruious politicians and employing the services of people who have Nigeria at heart.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by bodejohn(m): 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2010
philips70:

The AGF ANACONDA or whatever his name is has just been fired and has been re-appointed as a messenger ie special duties. Those who think Jonathan is weak should have a rethink.

Can this story be substantiated?
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by chidexy(m): 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
bodejohn:

Can this story be substantiated?

I heard it on NTA 6pm News Update. Aondoakaa was reassigned (demoted) to Special Duties while Kayode Tokunbo (SAN) promoted as the new AGF
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
Notorious Attorney General Aondoaka is still on Board, Nigeria still have a long way to goo .

Let us Pray
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by jatwill(m): 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
yes prayer is the only way out
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by Golfer: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2010
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by dlaw02: 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
Empowering the VP to act in his capacity is long over-due and should not generate any sentiments whatsoever.

Let us keep our fingers crossed and see the outcome of his leadership.
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by jatwill(m): 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2010
dlaw02:

Empowering the VP to act in his capacity is long over-due and should not generate any sentiments whatsoever.

Let us keep our fingers crossed and see the outcome of his leadership.

i bet you it is for good and if you want to join me then pray for him, that is what we hardly do for out president
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by onyx79(m): 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
Nigeria.
We hail thee.
I never stop to hail thee. grin
Re: Jonathan Is Now President by gentlegg(m): 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2010
Golfer:

Confirmed!!!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE61921420100210

chidexy:

I heard it on NTA 6pm News Update. Aondoakaa was reassigned (demoted) to Special Duties while Kayode Tokunbo (SAN) promoted as the new AGF

Praise God. This is the first thing I need from Goodluck Jonathan. Though methinks he should have been eradicated completely, on a second thought Jonathan might have acted on advice by opting to swap him instead of removing him, na small small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai: State Governments Will Support Total Removal Of Fuel Subsidy / I Don't Receive Pension From Abia Government — Ex-Governor Ikpeazu / Can You Die For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.