Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype (63528 Views)

Bbnaija: Frodd Uses Veto Power To Nominate Tacha, And 4 Others For Eviction / The Mountain From Game Of Thrones And His Wife In Pictures / More Photos Of 'The Mountain' In Game Of Thrones And His Tiny Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by vanchi(m): 8:46am On Jul 30, 2017
SnowJay92:

While I'm not going to chastise you for your opinion, you should know that game of thrones is globally successful as a show, like the hype in Nigeria is nothing compared to what you get in the West, HBO really did good for themselves. For you to sit in the comfort of your bedroom and conclude it's Nigerians that overhyped the show is lame, do you know how many live views that show racks up? & Nigerians are only a negligible fraction of that number, personally I don't think any show has ever made me feel the Way GOT has, movie is the definition of epic!

We are not even among the top ten list of Pirates of the series. Let them attend comic Con and see how adults are drooling over got. If they don't like it, let them zip their shit bags.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by vanchi(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2017
arcike:

oga GoT is an epic series but d best ko na greatest series as u said isn't it but all time blockbuster BREAKING BAD... wen d movie and GoT where both in production, BREAKING BAD had d best ratings followed by GoT. Even nw wey dem done finish am GoT is yet 2 pass am

L
I
E
S
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by vanchi(m): 8:50am On Jul 30, 2017
arcike:

hey don't get me wrong d storyline isn't complex but wen d 2 show were both in production BB had MORE VIEWERS... GoT only garnished dis much fans after d finale of BB... oga we watch series as its ongoing Nt after its completion... if u reali did follow both, u would knw wat am saying...
moreover we all knw dat no matter d complexity of GoT, d main character at d end would b Jon Snow... seems like u haven't read d novel

Trash talk.

You that has read it.... Continue lying
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by arcike(m): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2017
numerouno01:

you just stated you opinion and try to force it to be the fact. game of thrones didn't gather so many followers because BB ended(that you reaching too far bruh).
and speaking of the main character (you said jon snow)but even if it is jon snow, GRRM and HBO didn't make it all obvious (like a typically show would do).
it seems you didn't get the news where George r r Martin made it clear that the show will have a bitter sweet ending and again nobody knows who the main character would be(i.e the Prince that was promised) so fans in reddit and YouTube said it will be jon snow others said it would be the three eyed raven(the little stark boy), othe said it is dany targay..... while some said it would be jaime, others said the new ed sheeran character etc(you see it aren't all obvious) and this have left the fan base divided.
what else is you argument?

read d novels den u can answer dat
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by espn(m): 8:55am On Jul 30, 2017
Edenoscar:
After watching the first season of game of thrones.i made it a habit not to believe everything i read on the internet.the way dem hype this film ehn
Bro GOT is not over-hyped.. I hate watching TV except for football.. I was made to try GOT..the truth is I started falling in love with the series from season 2, that was when I connected with the series..Season 1 was too slow and uninteresting..Watching the 1st episode and basing your judgment on it is not correct.. try it out..you will end up loving it..
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by arcike(m): 8:56am On Jul 30, 2017
vanchi:

Trash talk.

You that has read it.... Continue lying

lol... oga am a fan of GoT mind u just don't like d hype GoT receives... I go con start dey imagine weda na same GoT we dey all watch ko una own dey different...
well I don't hv a favorite movie cos I watch all series b it gud or bad....
if I tell u dat my best series are Japanese anime's u won't believe... yes u heard me right cartoons..(naruto,bleach and one piece)... does are my 3 best
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by vanchi(m): 8:58am On Jul 30, 2017
I watch cartoons too. It's not only for kids. But you guys probably hate on game of thrones cos it's like the Serena Williams of tennis. Bashing every opponent even sister left and right

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by themayor4542(m): 9:02am On Jul 30, 2017
chizzy161:

Why?
The story line is the definition of fiction. There's nothing absolutely nothing to connect to in terms of the story. Just to fictous for my liking.
As if that isn't enough, all you get in the series is just so much running around. To many flash backs.
And the way the movie was shut where the camera is always moving..... so annoying. The producers of the film didn't make the movie to act out a story instead they choose to shoot(gun)out the script. There's no artistic performance from any of the crew instead what they put forth is their athletic abilities.
Anyway, just my opinion.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by costal(m): 9:02am On Jul 30, 2017
I will make out time for game of throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by arcike(m): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2017
vanchi:
I watch cartoons too. It's not only for kids. But you guys probably hate on game of thrones cos it's like the Serena Williams of tennis. Bashing every opponent even sister left and right

u and dis hate talk again... well u are entitled 2 ur opinion sha... but 2 me d only tin unique in it is its complexity... but 4 every twist in it, der is a series dat has dat twist storyline...if u are game mention a twist and I will mention a series wit dat storyline... promise Nt 2 disappoint
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 30, 2017
arcike:

read d novels den u can answer dat
I've the books, hbo didn't exactly use the storyline as GRRM did in the books. they switched up alota things and even reshuffled some acts(characters)eg no lady stoneheart.
there's nothing you can tell me,i rather die than to listen to ya(grin im kidding)
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Neduzze5(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2017
Nobody is watching Designated Survivor or what undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by arcike(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2017
numerouno01:

I've the books, hbo didn't exactly use the storyline as GRRM did in the books. they switched up alota things and even reshuffled some acts.
there's nothing you can tell me,i rather die than to listen to ya(grin im kidding)

he switched a lot of tins but its like starting d novel, den introducing garnishing and den at d middle landing at d direct recipe... dey 2wards d ending introducing toppings... is der reali any difference?...
well I have a Q 4 u... GoT is ur best series u hav watched In Dis ur lifetime right?
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Worksunlimited: 9:10am On Jul 30, 2017
ModusOperandi:
So no one here watches Sherlock sad

Finally... I could give u a hug for this season wey u call so...

Better person! Where av u been all this while na?

I can't wait for season 5 of Sherlock to come out.. Love how it draws the viewer into each plot and makes u feel like u are part of Sherlock's investigative team..

But while i wait, GOT and Power would do for the meantime..

My favorite character in GOT is the faceless man..
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by brightsbella(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2017
I just weak for some people.
To the best of my knowledge, Game Of Thrones is the best TV series/Seasonal Movies I have ever seen..

These are the reasons:
Best plot
Carefully planned story line
Complex characters
Scintillating visual graphics
Extra ordinary manifestation
Professional acts
Soundtracks, suspense, plot, graphics, I mean everything just seems real.

OP, continue watching cartoons or jennifer diary. As for me, am strongly anticipating Season 7 of the Block buster "Game Of Thrones".

Get that into your head.

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by arcike(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2017
Neduzze5:
Nobody is watching Designated Survivor or what undecided

lol.. ppl dey watch am my man... just dat some feel dat if its Nt GoT den its ntin
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Worksunlimited: 9:15am On Jul 30, 2017
brightsbella:
To the best of my knowledge, Game Of Thrones is the best TV series/Seasonal Movies I have ever seen..

These are the reasons:
Best plot
Complex characters
Professional acts

OP, continue watching cartoons or jennifer diary. As for me, am strongly anticipating Season 7 of the Block buster "Game Of Thrones".

Get that into your head.

Season 7 that has come out since two weeks ago.. We don almost enter episode 3 sef.

Bruv! Winter is no longer coming, it is here.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by arcike(m): 9:16am On Jul 30, 2017
brightsbella:

These are the reasons:
Best plot
Complex characters
Professional acts

Get that into your head.

Nigerian's and der mentality der is a reason dat ratings was introduced, 2 u guys its d best but Americans who produced d movie demself favor some movies ahead of GoT... some of GoT season were considered below expectations... NOW DAT IS D OVERHYPING d op was talking abt
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Amberon11: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2017
Hahaha....that's very possible. That guy deserves all the praise he's getting.
jonbellion:
I hope goerge RR martin won't run mad before he completes the books cuz the way the storyline is right now he might just tangle up his brain
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Mcowubaba: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2017
adegeye38:

i bet have watched more tv series than you

have watched most of the series you listed above and so much more

i love action thrillers too

but also comedy like, everybody hates chris, how i met your mother, arrested development, last man on earth, big bang theory, modern family and co

and epic one like, Vikings and Game of thrones
Ok
Go collect your award for Aso Rock ni

No be competition

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nature8(m): 9:17am On Jul 30, 2017
Op, don't put Game Of Thrones in that stupid list of yours next time..

Come on bow for the king in the north!
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by adegeye38(m): 9:19am On Jul 30, 2017
arcike:

oga na u do d ratings?... my man say wat u knw... BREAKING BAD is d best series.. great storyline, great finish... I suspect u hated ur chemistry back in d day
am currently watchie breaking bad am in the 4th season and i love the series, but in the moral sense, scientific sense and artistic sense

but still GoT is classic
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 30, 2017
arcike:

he switched a lot of tins but its like starting d novel, den introducing garnishing and den at d middle landing at d direct recipe... dey 2wards d ending introducing toppings... is der reali any difference?...
well I have a Q 4 u... GoT is ur best series u hav watched In Dis ur lifetime right?
in terms of depth, yea it is the best.it is a classic (but i wouldn't call BB a classic just yet)
not to discredit BB, 24, prison break,blacklist etc
they all good In they're own way but we are talking bout GOT here(there's are just about a few instance of lazy writing in GoT).
and hbo is planning a spin off to game of thrones after the series ends in season 8(that would be more orgasm to this great fan base)
maybe we can finally get to see "ser author dayne"(DAMN)
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by senchibi: 9:20am On Jul 30, 2017
Breaking bad is the best movie I've watched
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ImaIma1(f): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2017
Mcowubaba:

The film is actually not hyped. It has a great storyline
With an amazing cast, great reviews.
Box office records, and high budget.

Just say it's not your type of series.

Like me, I prefer watching comic series like Big Bang theory, 2 broke girls, Scrubs, How I met your mother, Modern family, New girl, Shameless, Devious maids, Everybody hates Chris, 2 and half men, friends, last man on earth
I have watched them all, lol.
The are my type of films.

I also love a little bit of action/thriller , and series like Breaking Bad, Prison Break, Empire, Lost, Nikita, Better call Saul, Blacklist, Blacklist redemption, 24, 24-Legacy, Lethal weapon, OZ, Blindspot, Power, How to get away with murder, Walking Dead etc does it for me..

On very rare occasions, I may want some bit of epic/mystery/Sci-fiction series, I watch Arrows, Game of Thrones, American gods, Gotham, person of interest, limitless

Mehn, I don watch series oo, I have even forgotten some.

You are my person. I love 2 and a half men, big bang theory, friends,mum...and some other funny stuff.
I can't muss Rissoli and Isle, criminal minds and i just loved Tyrant.

I have not watched one episode of game of thrones,empire or the series OP mentioned except Suits. I actually lack the commitment to follow through. I don't have that time to start anticipating a next episode and getting hooked. I love sleep

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Worksunlimited: 9:21am On Jul 30, 2017
ModusOperandi:
Btw , who dies tomorrow?

I say Greyworm kiss

i say that bi-sexual lady, who killed cersi's daughter by poisoning.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 30, 2017
Worksunlimited:

i say that bi-sexual lady, who killed cersi's daughter by poisoning.

probably no important person will die tomorrow but little finger is more likely to die next
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by hemlock0(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2017
Mordyb:
royal pain
sounds like a nollywood movie, the one I'm talking about is a seasonal movie(hollywood)
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by hemlock0(m): 9:46am On Jul 30, 2017
piperson:
doctor strange
doctor strange is a 2016 movie, the guy that learnt the dark art practice after a mysterious accident
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 30, 2017
joshuaidibia:
OP Na cow. #WinterIsHere
lol, he deserves all the meme bro...
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Okaka27(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2017
Deefuray:

No o... we don't need him
ehn, nigga killed thousands of people, held a whole country to ransom for years, haba, no we don't need him
And you're enjoying the movie??
We need his drama in real life grin
Imagine him terrorising U.S and the media
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Okaka27(m): 9:54am On Jul 30, 2017
arcike:

Nigerian's and der mentality der is a reason dat ratings was introduced, 2 u guys its d best but Americans who produced d movie demself favor some movies ahead of GoT... some of GoT season were considered below expectations... NOW DAT IS D OVERHYPING d op was talking abt
Are you a genuine follower of the GoT series??

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

If You Watched These Cartoon Series And You Are Not Yet Married,please Act Fast / Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2006 Housemates. Then Vs Now Photos / Flavian Okojie Shot Dead In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.