Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype - TV/Movies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype (63536 Views)

Bbnaija: Frodd Uses Veto Power To Nominate Tacha, And 4 Others For Eviction / The Mountain From Game Of Thrones And His Wife In Pictures / More Photos Of 'The Mountain' In Game Of Thrones And His Tiny Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by holatin(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2017
IamOrion:
So if it stops downloading, i will know its exhausted.
you can use data calculator to know ow many megabiteS remain
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by holatin(m): 10:01am On Jul 30, 2017
IamOrion:
So yu dont sleep most nights?? grin i I will buy 2 sims tomorrow bro. thanks
yeah now waking up now sweet me self. or you can queue your download and sleep immediately it started downloading.

though I love seeing how anything I dey do dey go. a restless human I am
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by SegunAj(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2017
You are forgetting QUEEN OF THE SOUTH[color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ModusOperandi(f): 10:12am On Jul 30, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Finally... I could give u a hug for this season wey u call so...

Better person! Where av u been all this while na?

I can't wait for season 5 of Sherlock to come out.. Love how it draws the viewer into each plot and makes u feel like u are part of Sherlock's investigative team..

But while i wait, GOT and Power would do for the meantime..

My favorite character in GOT is the faceless man..
It might be a looong wait o. Sherlock and Watson have joined the Marvel universe, they might be too busy for Sherlock now .
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Worksunlimited: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2017
numerouno01:

probably no important person will die tomorrow but little finger is more likely to die next

doubt it would be lil finger.. The very bad and annoying ones dont die in GOT. Its the good ones that die..

Wonder when the faceless man would make his grand entry..

A man can't wait.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 30, 2017
Worksunlimited:

doubt it would be lil finger.. The very bad and annoying ones dont die in GOT. Its the good ones that die..

Wonder when the faceless man would make his grand entry..

A man can't wait.

lmao, anyone can die(king joffrey).
there's a theory that the faceless man is either ned stark or syrio forel. i will go mad if it turns out so
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2017
RabbleRouser:
Valar dohaeris. ...there is only one thing we say to death - not today.
"There is only one God and his name is death, do you know what we say to death? Not today!!!"

I love GOT.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by livinglove(m): 10:35am On Jul 30, 2017
GOT..

#respect
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ebosse(m): 10:39am On Jul 30, 2017
pterson:
who's watching ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK Mad series except for the lesbo part. It's just suspense filled. Just finished season 5 on Netflix

If only the other Seasons of 'Orange is the new black' were as dope as the Season 5 it would have been up there with the 24's and GOT of this world.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by domopps(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2017
#GOT is not overated. .....Op next time you Wana exhibit your highness please always stay clear game of thrones

Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe .....ARYA STARK

Cheeeers
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by EbuGeneral(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2017
DarryOsh:
I usually don't watch series. They consume a lot of time and usually get boring along the line. I realized at some point that I had not watched a single tv series from the beginning till the end, not even Merlin or Breaking bad that I loved so much from the first season.

But...Game of Thrones is different.

I love the plot, story telling, visual effects, and the characters. Even the sound tracks (especially light of the seven).
The producers didn't spare any costs. I know for a fact that it will be the first tv series that I will watch from beginning till the very end. And the final season won't be out till probably 2019. But I shall wait.

And yes, winter is coming...

who told you, the final season started two weeks ago and will end come August.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by adegeye38(m): 11:01am On Jul 30, 2017
arcike:

oga na u do d ratings?... my man say wat u knw... BREAKING BAD is d best series.. great storyline, great finish... I suspect u hated ur chemistry back in d day
am in the 4th season of breaking bad and i absolutely love the series, in the artistic sense and all that, also the thrilling story line with excuisite acting, and in such a simple setting, its commendable cos am a movie producer my self

but still GoT
Edenoscar:
After watching the first season of game of thrones.i made it a habit not to believe everything i read on the internet.the way dem hype this film ehn

what do you want in a tvseries?, is it the actions? or is the storyline too complex for your understanding?

from the crazy world and thrilling storylines to the complex wave of political alliances and betrayals, to the human and inhuman side of people,

from the different locations, different characters

its not a battle between good and evil

but a battle about how human beings can change from good to bad and from bad to good depending on the situation, also unexpected deaths

a story that dwells on the complexity of power and the illusion of those that are being ruled upon

from the CGI, to costumes, props, locations, cinematography, exquisite acting, special effects make up and so on

capturing all this in a motion picture year in year out and maintaining that same high level of quality is no mean fit

thousands of hours of hardwork to produce what we watch

It's a sin to take it all for granted

its too classic

GAME OF THRONES IS THE BEST TV SERIES EVER MADE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Kunlegzy(m): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2017
vizkiz:
Game of thrones is overhyped?

"Jon Snow tomide12 you know nothing"

If you have seen the novel you wouldn't have come to that lame conclusion. Even Seun is an addict.

Well... unintelligent people find amusing things boring.

Just go and continue watching your Jennifer's diary grin

I...vizkiz
First of my name
Master of my phone
Lord of my house and owner of blue font, have just three movies I keep watching over and over again. Which are;
Game of thrones
Supernatural

The rest can go fück themselves.

You need to watch Narcos

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by ebosse(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2017
Mcowubaba:

The film is actually not hyped. It has a great storyline
With an amazing cast, great reviews.
Box office records, and high budget.

Just say it's not your type of series.

Like me, I prefer watching comic series like Big Bang theory, 2 broke girls, Scrubs, How I met your mother,Modern family , New girl , Shameless, Devious maids, Everybody hates Chris, 2 and half men, friends, last man on earth
I have watched them all, lol.

This list is not complete without 'parks and recreation'

Best comedy TV shows ever.....

1. Parks and Recreation
2. New Girl
3. Modern Family
4. Friends
5. Black-ish

..... OP messed up with that list tho'. 'Game of thrones' is the best TV show of all time !!!!!

Notable mentions :

Vikings
Designated Survivor
Power
The Night of
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by mojounited(m): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2017
Designated Survivor
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Mcowubaba: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2017
ImaIma1:

You are my person. I love 2 and a half men, big bang theory, friends,mum...and some other funny stuff.
I can't muss Rissoli and Isle, criminal minds and i just loved Tyrant.

I have not watched one episode of game of thrones,empire or the series OP mentioned except Suits. I actually lack the commitment to follow through. I don't have that time to start anticipating a next episode and getting hooked. I love sleep
wink
Are you from Akwa Ibom?

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Adek15(m): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2017
Dirkcoyt:

boardwalk empire is not just a movie but reality of the saying power is transient.

boardwalk empire
house of cards
Vikings
the Borgias
Rome
Tudor
prison break
banshee
breaking bad
deadwood
the sopranos
the wire
taboo
peaky blinders
outlander
Fargo

these aforementioned movies are master class ,I purposely didn't see Game of thrones. (let me say I purposely skipped it cause of the frenzy around it though I know its going to be a master class, I can just deal with such a complex movie spanning up to 8th season mehn I can't)

all the series up there are tested trusted guaranteed for education, Class, intellectualism history epic sex politics intrigues betrayals and all form of twist
I have breaking bad from season one to five on my laptop but I couldn't watch past episode one and two of season one. It isn't interesting at all to me but putting it among those top notch series, I'm beginning to wonder if I downloaded the right film. I downloaded from o2tvseries and the episodes are mini episodes

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by okey4reel(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2017
Mcowubaba:

The film is actually not hyped. It has a great storyline
With an amazing cast, great reviews.
Box office records, and high budget.

Just say it's not your type of series.

Like me, I prefer watching comic series like Big Bang theory, 2 broke girls, Scrubs, How I met your mother, Modern family, New girl, Shameless, Devious maids, Everybody hates Chris, 2 and half men, friends, last man on earth
I have watched them all, lol.
The are my type of films.

I also love a little bit of action/thriller , and series like Breaking Bad, Prison Break, Empire, Lost, Nikita, Better call Saul, Blacklist, Blacklist redemption, 24, 24-Legacy, Lethal weapon, OZ, Blindspot, Power, How to get away with murder, Walking Dead etc does it for me..

On very rare occasions, I may want some bit of epic/mystery/Sci-fiction series, I watch Arrows, Game of Thrones, American gods, Gotham, person of interest, limitless

Mehn, I don watch series oo, I have even forgotten some.

Correct guy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Adek15(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2017
Cybertext:

@bolded only breaking bad is at per to Game of thrones in terms of rating judging by the 3 high ranked critics

Truth be told, action series 24, prison break, Blacklist, Homeland, steike back etc) get lesser ratings from critics like IMDb, tv.com, rotten tomatoes, and that is based on lot of characteristics (such as casts, plots, dialogue, effects, customes, themes, storyline etc). .. besides Breaking Bad, Oz, the Wire, Narcos, Walking dead are actually lovely series. ...
it's this kind of comment that made me download breaking bad from season one to five in one night but after watching episode one and two, I was greatly disappointed

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Mcowubaba: 11:41am On Jul 30, 2017
SUGARDADDY55:
I want to download blacklist redemptions. Can't find it in o2tvseries. Who knows any better site
It's on o2tvseries.com
Check out this link
http://o2tvseries.com/The-Blacklist-Redemption/index.html
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Ups01(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2017
Tomide12:

So just because we love TV and movies too and we enjoy trolling the people that share this our guilty pleasure, let's kuku run through the top 5 TV series that we Nigerians love to overhype. Starting for the king of them:

1. Game of Thrones

We know anything other than profound praise is taken as sacrilege when it comes to Game of Thrones. So before you come for my head, hear me out first.

Game of thrones recently dominated the screens and social media. Nigerians are downloading pirated copies and sharing with their friends. Everyone is talking about winter. Winter is coming they say. First of all, the rave was about the Lannisters, then Jon snow and now Arya Stark or is it Tyrion the dwarf. Ah, let us not forget about Daenerys mother of dragons. After crying about the loss of one character, we always find a way to latch onto another. It is not surprising therefore that for the past two weeks, almost everyone is talking about the 7th season of GOT. Banners, graphics, and even memes are trolling the internet. It got so bad that even haters took to twitter to boast on how they had not watched a single episode. But abeg who that one epp? What is it about GOT that is making people stay so faithful?

Some movies are Overly Overrated.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by xenonxi(m): 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
Edenoscar:
After watching the first season of game of thrones.i made it a habit not to believe everything i read on the internet.the way dem hype this film ehn
my guy it is not overhyped DAT film is d best seasonal film of all tym !!
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by bigtt76(f): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
Why not watch and keep it to yourself rather than bother others with unnecessary discussions. Go to workplaces, Social Media all you here is Winter coming.... Abeg naaaa make we rest angry
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by JhyMedex: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
omofunaab:
Game of thrones is actually interesting.

I like the fact that anybody can die in the series

The audience tends to have different favorite characters in the series.

My favorite character in game of thrones is Petyr Baelish.. Aka little finger

Modified :Narcos too is wonderful. .. The series is about the story of Pablo Escobar... . It's quite a conflicting series because your mind will be divided whether to like or hate Pablo Escobar. .. Dude was a philanthropist but he killed too many people along the line
Finally Someone who understands d ingenuity of Littlefinger...grin
dude is too smart Abeg ..
his husky voice,
the impish smile n dt beard..
oh gosh!! dt beard!!grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by obaoyedotun(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
For your info the craze about GOT is not only in Nigeria, try and watch other episodes you might like it
Edenoscar:
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by JhyMedex: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
DarryOsh:
I usually don't watch series. They consume a lot of time and usually get boring along the line. I realized at some point that I had not watched a single tv series from the beginning till the end, not even Merlin or Breaking bad that I loved so much from the first season.

But...Game of Thrones is different.

I love the plot, story telling, visual effects, and the characters. Even the sound tracks (especially light of the seven).
The producers didn't spare any costs. I know for a fact that it will be the first tv series that I will watch from beginning till the very end. And the final season won't be out till probably 2019. But I shall wait.

And yes, winter is coming...

Yes Nw ur wait begins...it shall nt end until end of season 8.grin
BTW winter aint coming.. cos winter is here already!!!grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
caracas:

Go and watch game of thrones again ,only this time slowly n rewind any scene u do not understand.
Do this n i can assure u ur Life wud not remain the same again .
24 is very very interesting but game of thrones is out of this world.

lol. Thanks. But GOT is not my kind of series sha.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Mordyb: 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
hemlock0:
sounds like a nollywood movie, the one I'm talking about is a seasonal movie(hollywood)
Yes o
if you are not satisfied try google
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by TIDDOLL(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
obidaddy:

Sansa epitomizes most women in their initial/teenage beginning. She was first obsessed with fairytale kind of life/Princess and prince thing. She got heart broken, abused, exploited and humiliated. But she subsequently learnt her lessons, and learnt the game, after suffering in the hands of the masters. Only she seem to understand the enormity and abilities of cersi. Please cut her some slack, I too initially disliked her, she was like black sheep amongst the well groomed stark kids. Presently even snow is naive in the games of power/throne compared to sasi, she saved snow and helped reclaim the north. She is presently trying to make snow not to underestimate cerci. Great plot, great story line.
Snow on the other hand has seen it all!!..dat dude went through hell and back, he doesnt underestimate his enemies, but instead learn to accomodate..... The imminent war with the White walkers i would say is bigger than that of cerci.
Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by VickyRotex(f): 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
laykhorn:

This right here is Power. Thats what its all about, bery great series.
GOT has a great story line too but the whole thing didn't start till maybe Episode 7 of Season 1. All before that was introduction...

Thanks. Couple of people mentioned Power too. Will try to check it out.
But GOT is sure out if it.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by JhyMedex: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
VickyRotex:
I dont really fancy series/movies that are overhyped, I guess that's the reason......
I never watched past Game of Thrones, Season 1, Episode 1. I couldn't deal!

But the only series, I have watched, and rewatched over and over again, 3 times now, is 24 Hours. From Season 1 to 9.
I love that series so much. Maybe because it's my kind of thing. I've learnt so much from that series.

Been so busy lately, else would continue where I stopped. Someone asked if you have 1hour extra a day, what would do? I said I'd sleep or watch 24. That's how much, I'm in sync with that series.

?
.... Game of thrones is ma most favorite series Bt Jack Bauer.!!!is ma all tym favorite on-screen xter..grin...

I implore u to pls continue Game of thrones.. Pulissssssssssgrin...
yea dis is a desperate plea!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones And 4 Other Series Nigerians Overhype by Mordyb: 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
EbuGeneral:
who told you, the final season started two weeks ago and will end come August.
I was about saying this

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

If You Watched These Cartoon Series And You Are Not Yet Married,please Act Fast / Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2006 Housemates. Then Vs Now Photos / Flavian Okojie Shot Dead In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.