Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? (18029 Views)

Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 31, 2017
maestro2000:

At OP, if I read you correctly, you're in the United States and you're talking about a third party payment and contractor... I am really disappointed in you. If truly you've travelled like you claimed, you will know it's nothing new. Atleast you've filed taxes in the US , let's assumes you always get a tax refund and you have never owed any back taxes to irs, I am sure you have friend who has at one time or the other owed Irs, ..IRS in the United States doesn't process your payment money, it has to go through a third party which will attract a processing fee of atleast $107 (as at this year 2016 tax that's the least filling fee which comes out of your bank acct). Sometimes I come here to read some wannabe who always use Nigeria to gain some cheap publicity... This procedure happens virtually in all countries... when you're paying with visa or MasterCard for visa processing you don't complain or is mastercard a US government entity? .

Smh.

Pardon my sentence construction.. I am just angry at how people see Nigeria as the worse country ever.

Are you surprised? _The internet is full of lies about Nigeria, this is why I always advice people to check things out themselves, it's risky to listen to these ignorant folks, data is so cheap here and even people living in villages always like to act well travelled so people need to be wise about making decisions based on misinformation
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by justwise(m): 6:35am On Jul 31, 2017
@Pidgin2

Please stop your name calling because those you targeted will hit back and this thread will be derailed

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 31, 2017
SirJeffry:
I recently secured a Nigerian visa and I was led to apply through one INNOVATE 1 SERVICES who ended up taking $20 as a processing fee after paying $160 visa fees. At the end of the day, I still paid another $30 processing fee to Nigeria embassy Washington. I'm not much worried about the fees but why establish and fund Nigeria immigration services when they can't take care of their business such as this? I've never heard or seen this practice done in other countries. I don't even want to talk about the shabby Nigeria visa with no passport photograph included, no visa interview, unlike other countries who grill intending travelers at interviews.

Any immigration officer here to clarify these?

See as you create thread to demean Nigeria meanwhile you ended up shooting yourself in the foot. Does US or UK immigration issue visa? Is it the job of Nigerian immigration to issue visa, chai, smh
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 31, 2017
justwise:
@Pidgin2

Please stop your name calling because those you targeted will hit back and this thread will be derailed

OK advice taken.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by VULCAN(m): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
Please I would like to find out more about the visa on arrival. What's the official cost?

brodalikeme:
Op, you just beat me to this write up. Two week back, i had to pay for visa on arrival for some people we invited for a training and was shocked at what i saw at the immigration post in Abuja airport. A sign on the wall boldly pasted the visa fees but when you produce the said another, you will be asked to top with up with a minimum of $30 (a processing fee). I didn't see any logic in it because it was immigration guys that pasted the rate on the wall, they still collect a $30 from you and then issue you a receipt that is not carrying their name ( Nigeria Immigration Service). Another thing is that the processing fee is not even commensurate with the visa fee. Imagine someone paying $6 being asked to pay $30 processing fee.

ITS BROAD DAYLIGHT FRAUD AND ILLEGALITY!!!
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by brodalikeme(m): 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
VULCAN:
Please I would like to find out more about the visa on arrival. What's the official cost?

It varies depends on the visitor's country of origin. But you will need to write a letter to NIS requesting for approval for visa on arrival for the visitor first.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by doe: 10:56am On Aug 01, 2017
Innovate 1 services!! Hmmmm.

Anyway the UK operations(OIS services limited) is owned by Patrick Abba Moro(former minister of interior) and Ahmadu Mahmood both of whom ran the immigration recruitment scam.
They continue to fleece people with £90 processing fee. Except it has change since I last applied.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by VULCAN(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
Thank you

brodalikeme:

It varies depends on the visitor's country of origin. But you will need to write a letter to NIS requesting for approval for visa on arrival for the visitor first.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by LadyJasper: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2017
SirJeffry:
I recently secured a Nigerian visa and I was led to apply through one INNOVATE 1 SERVICES who ended up taking $20 as a processing fee after paying $160 visa fees. At the end of the day, I still paid another $30 processing fee to Nigeria embassy Washington. I'm not much worried about the fees but why establish and fund Nigeria immigration services when they can't take care of their business such as this? I've never heard or seen this practice done in other countries. I don't even want to talk about the shabby Nigeria visa with no passport photograph included, no visa interview, unlike other countries who grill intending travelers at interviews.

Any immigration officer here to clarify these?

Check your mail, please.
Re: Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? by ramankm: 6:51am On Jan 09, 2018
[url="https://digigeek.net/lucky-patcher-apk/"]lucky patcher apk[/url]

[url="https://digigeek.net/snapsave-apk/"]Snapsave apk[/url]

[url="https://digigeek.net/gbwhatsapp/"]GB whatsapp[/url]

[url="https://digigeek.net/spotify-premium-apk/"]Spotify premium apk[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Peace: We’ll Respond To Nigeria’s Threat To Bar Our Carriers Soon – UK Govt / Tier 2 Dependant. My Sojourn To The UK / 4 Sure Ways To Get Thrown Off A Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.