Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,689 members, 7,844,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? (32041 Views)

Guys Which Of These Two Ladies Would You Prefer To Marry. / The Baby I Am Carrying Belongs To My Ex-Boyfriend - Lady To Boyfriend / What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Davidgrey:
At age of 30 a woman knows herself very well | The bases of her "wants and likes" are established

I saw the other day that it was at 40 that a woman would have known all of that. So who I go believe now?

Stop with the poo jare. Common sense is not a matter of age. Common sense is all one needs.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
maryannah:
when you find the right guy

You for kuku say na eternity.... grin

right guy ko. left lady ni

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by jashar(f): 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
i'm happy some mature dudes here are saying that the pressure should be put off ladies to get married. with the high rate of divorce nowadays, it's good that people stop seeing marriage as a major life goal.
it's great to be married, don't get me wrong, but a lot of ladies have entered 'one-chance' marriages because of societal pressure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
fickylady:
What is normal age and unnormal age for a lady to get married?
There's no official age for a lady to get married.However a lady can get married when she's of sound mind,has attain maturity and be able to take decisions for herself. 18 years isn't a bad idea for a lady if she has the above characteristics neither 25 years. A lady can be 25 years yet no mature in mind whereas an 18 years lady would possess such attribute. Some persons are of the opinion that 30 years isn't a bad idea since such a lady must have gather experience from various relationships if at all they exist one. Some say 25 years because of the biological aspect which they assume that a lady is a flower. Be the case, it's important that there's no official age so is of no use rushing to get married because others are doing so.it's important to have mature mind to be able to tackle the hurdles of marriage to stand firm.in doing so, such a lady wouldn't fall into the temptation of filing for divorce. Most cases of divorce are as a result of jumping into marriages because others are going not because they want to or have mature mind to over come.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
MevsU:
Everywhere one turns these days all one hears is marriage like that's the only purpose we are in this world for.

Irrespective of the gender, one needs to become financially independent and emotionally stable to consider marriage.

So oga tell us your purpose of being in this world.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Abagworo(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
It's self dependent. Some ladies start yearning for marriage as early as 13 while others as late as 35 but if I were to choose based on personal perception I'd say 20 to 30 for ladies and 25 to 35 for men with little adjustments based on circumstances.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by amakadihot87(f): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
Its good to marry early.......my sis married at 19 ,by age 26 she had given birth to 4 beautiful kids... but d marriage disturbed her education
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Onyiridike(f): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
Davidgrey:
Wrong!

The social conception is that a woman is fully developed(mental and social growth) in her "late" 20's but that logic is wrong, it's actually "30"

At age of 30 a woman knows herself very well | The bases of her "wants and likes" are established

Menopause timing and other cultural/social variables make under 30 seem appropriate but "30" is the right age.

Where did you get this from. Any lady that does not know what she wants from 18 years of age has a very poor mental development.

30 what? At 30 you are supposed to be done with having children already.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by hisMrs(f): 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Davidgrey:
Wrong!

The social conception is that a woman is fully developed(mental and social growth) in her "late" 20's but that logic is wrong, it's actually "30"

Menopause timing and other cultural/social variables make under 30 seem appropriate but "30" is the right age.

in one sentence '30 is the right age to marry"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
When you find that helpful man that will help you raise future presidents not miscreants
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by hisMrs(f): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
xross:

if she is 30 and not gone
most times
you and I would naturally not want to be serious with a 30yr old even if we are 36
God bless u
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Akinaukwa: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
A lady should be deemed ready for marriage when she must have attained maturity. But then Ajekpako ladies even at 20years prove their ability to take care of a home and motherly responsibilities unlike some ajebota ladies who even at 35years has no atom of what it takes to build up a home.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by presh001: 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
18 and above
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by hisMrs(f): 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Zarqabe:

rubbish. I don't know who liked this post self

So every woman below 30 doesn't know herself very well? You are talking nonsense. Every one isn't the same. some women acquire self realization very early.

people like you just come online to talk as if they know everything when they know nothing. mtchew.
my dear, its better u don't quarrel with this bros o. he will bring all d points in this world to prove he's right. Just be looking at him o.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
hisMrs:
God bless u

And when Baba is in a wheel chair and the young Babe continues firing strong you will remember age has no baring when it comes to love

But For the immature Yes

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by remi4ever(m): 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sniper12:
When she can fend for her self.Marriage is not a poverty allievation program
Barman!!!! One origin for this man...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by adewaleykhas: 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Normally,it should be between 23-27 but it's condition that makes cray fish bend....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by darlenese(f): 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
body type matters, some girls are 25 and they look 40. girls on this category should marry on time.

maturity : some girls are 30 but they are not matured for marriage psychologically , while some 20yrs old can get handle marital issues properly some 30 yrs old will mess up big time.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by mykel25(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
When she knows she's mature enough to take on d responsibilities of marriage and she has built the required VALUE to be a wife material....i ll say 22 n above buh age is not maturity...

Ladies should note that marriage should not be a POVERTY ALLEVIATION SCHEME Try to be an independent woman to an extent, if not u should be an asset to whoever ll marry you not a LIABILITY SLAY QUEEN WHO HAS ONLY V to offer
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Goldfaze1: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
MrCork:

..35.perfect age!! angry
give your self hope when no one gives you hope, I like your style.
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by boliswitpassprik(m): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
fickylady:
What is normal age and unnormal age for a lady to get married?

Age 72,Don't ask me why !
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by caesaraba(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
holluphemydavid:
when she knw she is mature,emotionally,financially and mentally ready.cos knw man is ready to marry liability as a wife,my thought thou

Exactly why I'm using corner eye to look at my gf. She changes topic when I talk about setting up her biz and I change topic whenever she hints at us taking the next step. Capital "NO" to liabilities. What happens to the kids if something bad happens to the man?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by odinga1of: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
19 - 25 perfect age
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
"Normal", with regards to the right age of marriage, is relative.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Adadioranma79(f): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Here in Nigeria? My dear, minds only worry those who are trying to get married for the wrong reasons. Anyone who wants to get married, stay married and for the sole reason that they found someone who completes them in every way, they ll cope with the pressure, trust me.

xross:

you spoke well sir.
but second to last point says there's lot of pressure on them believe me at a certain age here in Nigeria if a lady is single her mind itself would pressure her if no one else does.

so the earlier the better

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Daeylar(f): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
Martinkev:
Forget what society wants! The normal age for a woman to marry is when she feels ready, and someone is ready to marry her. There shouldn't be pressure on ladies. They have a lot to deal with already

Nice to see support for women,
Nice comment

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Daeylar(f): 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
Davidgrey:
Societal ignorance; Marriage isn't supposed to be a "socially forced" relationship.
Truth

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sniper12:
When she can fend for her self. Marriage is not a poverty allievation program

Thank you!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
Yaaas. didnt know there are reasonably intelligent folks in this section.

The reason why i see men seek after girls in their teens and 20s as those who are seeking girls they can control and mold to their liking instead of a partner who has her own mind and life and can reasonably hold her own without him.

At end of day, men have fragile self esteem and are the weaker sex.

Davidgrey:
Wrong!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
`
Re: What Is The Normal Age For A Lady To Marry? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
Raptor15:
26 is best and you are still single are you not up to 28? You don't marry because you are getting old you marry when you are psycologically, mentally, emotionally and financially ready. Simple
do I know u from somewhere?why are u attacking me. see me see wahala. please if dey sent u to me,u better go back and inform dem DAT u did not see me unless I will attack you and kill you. stay away from me.take it as a clear warning av been warned!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Dropped Them In A Dustbin / Soldier Proposes To His Girlfriend In A Restaurant. Photos / Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.