Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review (18849 Views)

Extract From The BOOK 12 Rules Of Life ~ Godfather Movie ~ Be A Man / J.K RANDLE The Godfather Never Sleeps Needed Pls !! / Tears - story by mario (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by uminem02(m): 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
frleopardo:
bro, can you please email me all of them?

If you also have any by Stephen King please also send it.
Thanks in advance

Buikevalentin@gmail.com
I don't have any by Stephen King, but i have books by Clive Cussler, Dan Brown n some others i've forgotten. To everybody that asked for the book(s), i'll send them tonight (as long as nepa no eff up)
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by jantavanta(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
The failure of the American Dream for many, pushed Mario Puzo to write The Godfather
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by menthomatics(m): 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Pls read also the "Negotiator" by Fredrick Forsyth.

1 Like

Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by imam07: 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
menthomatics:
Pls read also the "Negotiator" by Fredrick Forsyth.
the day of the jackal is the best of fredrick forsyth.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Ojemedad: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
send to bryanrichards812@gmail.com, thanks
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Rori(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
See how sane this thread is cuz of the topic of discussion!
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by dokiOloye(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dexema:
Unfortunately I won't be interested in reading the book anymore after watching part 1-3 of the movie. Part 1 and 2 were the most interesting for me.
read d book.
Some thoughts driving d actions of d characters in d movie can only be known by reading d novel.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by dokiOloye(m): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
uminem02:

Drop ur e-mail, i'll do it but not now
Pls boss.Forward to me too.
ejyklord@gmail.com .
Thanks in advance.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Tattooboy: 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
Mafia stories are just insane. love them
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Ranchhoddas: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
opal4real:
One of my favourite books. The sequel of Godfather is the Sicilian and it's a must read.

The Sicilian is not a sequel. It overlapped with Michael's exile to Italy.
The sequels are "The Godfather Returns" and the Godfather Revenge" by Mike Winegardner.
There is also a prequel titled "The Family Corleone" by Ed Falco.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
This is one of the best books out there.

Mario Puzo is a genius.

I heard he's never even been to Sicily.

I'm currently reading Godfather returns, and the Sicilian

Finding the paperback of the Godfather was one of my best memories.

Check out the character development of Michael Corleone...damn!
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Ranchhoddas: 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
diezani:

nah... all you typed this time is devoid of facts, like you said in a previous post, you got bored by the movie, so I can assume that you're yet to fully understand it. I didn't ask you to narrate, you just mentioned stuff's that's incorrect. The godfather said sonny would have made a bad don, he said he didn't want Michael in the crime business, he wanted him to be a senator or governor, those are the people that wield power, the mafia are like puppets on a string. If you watched or read the Godfather, you'd realise that don Vito was sad at the manner of Sonny's death, but when he was told/ briefed on the war and told that Michael killed Solozzo and McCluskey, he wept and asked everyone out of his room. that was his grief.

in the movie Michael changes his consigliere to Al Neri as at Part 1. According to him, he needs a war time consigliere like Genco. Tom Hagen would administer the clean side of business, since the family is getting out of the dirty business.

And finally, a caporegime is a title held by a particular person.at a point, sonny was a caporegime, Salvatore Tessio was a caporegime, fat clemenza was a caporegime. you are getting your information from cartoons?
it's like a squad leader. caporegime doesn't mean a time when mafia ruled. you should Google this, in fact , if you want to know about the mafia you should google ' Benito Mussolini's war on the Mafia, and Cesare the Iron prefect" .spend your data wisely.
Wow!
Your knowledge of the story is impressive but you are a bit wrong.
Al Neri was never consigliere. He was a police officer who turned Button man for Michael. After Tessio was killed, he took over Tessio's crew and became caporegime.
He was referred to as Michael's Luca Brasi.

There were three consiglieri, Genco, Tom and Don Vito. Don Vito assumed the role for Michael as Tom was not considered fit to be a war-time consigliere.

2 Likes

Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by JhimmyThall(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
vivalavida:

Omerta
... Thanks
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by JhimmyThall(m): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
CandiceJay:

Try to read Omerta, Fools Die and The Sicilian
Thank you
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by petrosajjy: 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
i also need soft copy of d last don,omerta,fool die nd the godfarther.oyebodetaofeek112@gmail.com
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Daluuzor(m): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
uminem02:

Drop ur e-mail, i'll do it but not now

chazzy135@yahoo.co.uk

Especially The Sicilian. Please do mail all to me.

Thank you as I await your response.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by SenorMcSlyl(m): 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
metroid:
I own a copy of the Audio book Read by Joe Motegna.
Bro, pls send it to me too. This is my email - Slyl2704@gmail.com
Thank you in anticipation.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by SenorMcSlyl(m): 9:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
uminem02:
Chai!!! I have like 8 of his books (soft copies) and i've read none..smh
I've been searching for the ecopies, I will greatly appreciate the kind gesture if you can send it to my mail address.
Email id - Slyl2704@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Wow!
Your knowledge of the story is impressive but you are a bit wrong.
Al Neri was never consigliere. He was a police officer who turned Button man for Michael. After Tessio was killed, he took over Tessio's crew and became caporegime.
He was referred to as Michael's Luca Brasi.

There were three consiglieri, Genco, Tom and Don Vito. Don Vito assumed the role for Michael as Tom was not considered fit to be a war-time consigliere.

I know only of Genco and Tom Hagen as consiglieri. And I remember when they all decided tom wasn't fit to be a war-tiime consiglieri...but when did Don Vito Corleone assume the role for Michael? Was it in the movie, or in God father returns? Help me out abeg....thanks bro!
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Awoo88: 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
Enoquin:

That's the part that got me angry so bad that I was angry at Mario Puzo for a while. At that time I wished the same thing but as a writer I have come to respect that a writer can do as he so pleases with his or her characters and that only one with a mind of steel can
cause an upset with his or her story causing the reader to cry, steam or boil.
Another upsetting piece was this play 'Lion and the Jewel' by Wole Soyinka.
It was drcided that for things to move forward that character had to die. The way he died was a big tragedy. Your are right about lion and the jewel. It elicited the same reaction from as the Sicilian. While the teacher was busy speaking grammar and working his ass off, that ba'ale just got that babe with out ant hustle. It was painful
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Ranchhoddas: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
wavemasta:

I know only of Genco and Tom Hagen as consiglieri. And I remember when they all decided tom wasn't fit to be a war-tiime consiglieri...but when did Don Vito Corleone assume the role for Michael? Was it in the movie, or in God father returns? Help me out abeg....thanks bro!
The novel.
When Michael was learning the ropes. Hagen was sent to Las Vegas while father and son planned for vengeance.
He was an informal consigliere.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vito_Corleone
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Awoo88: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
diezani:

nah... all you typed this time is devoid of facts, like you said in a previous post, you got bored by the movie, so I can assume that you're yet to fully understand it. I didn't ask you to narrate, you just mentioned stuff's that's incorrect. The godfather said sonny would have made a bad don, he said he didn't want Michael in the crime business, he wanted him to be a senator or governor, those are the people that wield power, the mafia are like puppets on a string. If you watched or read the Godfather, you'd realise that don Vito was sad at the manner of Sonny's death, but when he was told/ briefed on the war and told that Michael killed Solozzo and McCluskey, he wept and asked everyone out of his room. that was his grief.

in the movie Michael changes his consigliere to Al Neri as at Part 1. According to him, he needs a war time consigliere like Genco. Tom Hagen would administer the clean side of business, since the family is getting out of the dirty business.

And finally, a caporegime is a title held by a particular person.at a point, sonny was a caporegime, Salvatore Tessio was a caporegime, fat clemenza was a caporegime. you are getting your information from cartoons?
it's like a squad leader. caporegime doesn't mean a time when mafia ruled. you should Google this, in fact , if you want to know about the mafia you should google ' Benito Mussolini's war on the Mafia, and Cesare the Iron prefect" .spend your data wisely.
You are wrong about Al neri. He was an enforcer/ body guard. He was mike's luca brassi.The don himself was the consigeliere until his death. Tommy was returned to his post as consigeliere after the don's dismal. The reason for removing tommy was for protection. He had settled his family east and tommy was sent along with them. As soon as the don died, Tommy was recalled
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Ranchhoddas: 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Awoo88:

It was drcided that for things to move forward that character had to die. The way he died was a big tragedy. Your are right about lion and the jewel. It elicited the same reaction from as the Sicilian. While the teacher was busy speaking grammar and working his ass off, that ba'ale just got that babe with out ant hustle. It was painful
Guillermo and Aspanu if I remember correctly.
I loved how Puzo compared them to Jesus and Judas at the end of the book.
Aspanu, like Judas would have been a footnote, a mere page in the history books of Guillermo and Jesus respectively. But by betraying their bosses, they became legends in their own right, they wrote their own histories.

Mario Puzo was a genius!!!
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by freshdude99(m): 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
spartan117:

Yeah barzini was the main man behind everything, but sollozo and tartaglia spearheaded the plot to kill Don Corleone
Barzini beat the drums while tartaglia and sollozo danced to the tunes. Barzini had the highest clout after corleone family. 'So its been barzini all these time'...
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
chuckky86:
Read and watched over n over again and will still do again. Even Jay-Z still made reference to it in "family feud" of his "4:44 album", that tells how classical it is.
O ti ye e grin

"I'll watch Godfather, I miss that whole issh,
My consciousness was Michael's common sense,
I missed the karma and that came as a consequence, Niggas busting off through the curtains cause she hurting Kay losing the babies cause their future's uncertain."

1 Like

Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
uminem02:
Chai!!! I have like 8 of his books (soft copies) and i've read none..smh
Hi, please could you send them to me if they are PDF format?
Thanks
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
The novel.
When Michael was learning the ropes. Hagen was sent to Las Vegas while father and son planned for vengeance.
He was an informal consigliere.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vito_Corleone

I just read the same thing now, and now I remember.

Thanks bro...don vito was informal like you said.

As per the novel..

Their plan to eliminate the tattaglias and barzinis was brilliant grin
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by uminem02(m): 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
AryaSand:
Hi, please could you send them to me if they are PDF format? Thanks
E-mail address pls
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by imam07: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
freshdude99:

Barzini beat the drums while tartaglia and sollozo danced to the tunes. Barzini had the highest clout after corleone family. 'So its been barzini all these time'...
Tartaglia is a love-vendor... I love that scene by Don Vito Corleone.

1 Like

Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by imam07: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
uminem02:

E-mail address pls
Seriously need this too.
Email: waledmankind@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by imam07: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
imam07:
Tartaglia is a love-vendor... I love that scene by Don Vito Corleone.
see as nairaland re modified the quotes I posted.
Re: The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
uminem02:

E-mail address pls
Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Get any Book you want free of charge (drop requests) / Fuel Scarcity And The Missing Prick: A Short Story / Why Transgender Africans Turned Against Chimamanda Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.