Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

My Divorce Journal - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Divorce Journal (29398 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) / My Divorce Story:i Gave Him Everything Just To Make Our Marriage Work!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 2:56am On Dec 01, 2018
yettymuse:
until you walk the walk, not everyone would understand this statement. I'm glad you and ex are coparenting in peace. I wish you both all the best
indeed... the experience had made me more insightful, and wiser, i hope. smiley
Thanks. Wish you all the best too.
Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 2:58am On Dec 01, 2018
Oyindidi:
Wow! Just wow! Some of us are really strong not even health challenge can break us. cry
Not sure i understand your comment
Re: My Divorce Journal by Oyindidi(f): 5:10am On Dec 01, 2018
Risingphoenix12:

Not sure i understand your comment
I know, I was talking to myself
Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 12:13am On Jan 21, 2019
Its been a while... well... a lot has happened since my last post. Anyway.. Last time i updated, judgement was due in two weeks.
Then... plot twist.

A few days before the judgement day, i received a call from the police that her car was found abandoned in the middle of the road, with the key in the ignition and engine running. A lot of thoughts ran through my mind.. "i hope she's ok", "who do i call?", "what the hell is going on?" etc. I called the house to confirm the kids were OK. Then i spoke with her brother and asked him to visit the police station for follow-up. To cut the long story short, she was kidnapped. shocked shocked shocked

Racing against time, i placed a call to a friend in the SSS to provide some support/ coaching to the family in case they were contacted by her kidnappers. Also spoke with her parents to lend my voice of support, updated them with moves i had made and let them know they were not alone. And with bated breath, we waited.

I had earlier discussed with my lawyer and we agreed to support the postponement of the judgement hearing till the kidnap case was resolved. So once the judge was updated, he moved for a postponement of hearing which we accepted. Same day of the hearing, i received a call from the police (not the ones that called me earlier) asking me to come in for a chat to aid the investigation. Instinctively, i asked my lawyer to accompany me - that was my saving grace. embarassed. As the conversation ensued, the police stated that the family had mentioned that i was the person behind the kidnapping. shocked shocked shocked Mehn! i was disappointed! I probably would have given them the benefit of the doubt, but then i saw the brother walk in, speak to the police and then walk away with the air of "We don catch am". At that moment, I felt betrayed.. or maybe my expectations were set too high and thought they knew me better. My lawyer whispered to me," Baba.. we need to make some moves o.. these people wan lock you up". After some calls and engagement, I was let go. Moreover, it was even so clear to the police that there was no motive for me to initiate this heinous act. But that betrayal just left a sour taste in my mouth. Thankfully, after a few days, she was set free and back home in one piece.

The whole experience was an epiphany for me. If the family could think this of me and go further to tell the police that i was their ONLY suspect. shocked shocked shocked.. even after all the support i provided? Maybe they had been watching too many CBS reality/ CSI:NY shows grin grin grin. Or perhaps, this was fueled by their opinion/ perception of me, in line with the ongoing divorce matter. Mehn I really do hope the judgement grants the divorce request. I really don't care what religion or society says, i gotta get out of this union.

In retrospect, sometimes unfortunate events happen to reveal a hidden truth. If this hadn't happened, i probably wouldn't have had an idea about how they really saw me. I'm just really glad that she came back OK else it would have probably escalated to a whole new level. That's how God saved me o. grin

New judgement date is in a few days. Fingers crossed. I really would love to read this 20 years from now... May God keep us all. cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Divorce Journal by annex1: 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2019
Okay we are on abduction now.

For how long was she taken? How did she survive without her medications. Did she not have any medical emergencies?

This whole story; Fictitious or not. is beyond me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Divorce Journal by jashar(f): 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
Is this a movie script or real life something?

2 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
She was taken for a week. How she survived - i do not know. I'm just relieved she is OK.
Beyond you? lol.. you can imagine how i feel...

annex1:
Okay we are on abduction now.

For how long was she taken? How did she survive without her medications. Did she not have any medical emergencies?

This whole story; Fictitious or not. is beyond me.

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mehn.. real life something oh... lipsrsealed undecided

jashar:
Is this a movie script or real life something?
Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 12:41am On Feb 04, 2019
....and finally... judgment was passed. Divorce granted fully in alignment with terms I had proposed. End of one chapter as i heave a sigh of relief. Beginning of another, as my determination is locked on one goal.... "My kids must never suffer.. so help me God"...

Whatever the future holds, all I know is "las, las, we go dey alright."

14 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by sisisioge: 6:43am On Feb 04, 2019
Wowzerful! Just like that? Now my fear of marriage just increased! It is well.
Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 7:27am On Feb 04, 2019
Interestingly I think a healthy fear of marriage may be helpful as it may encourage some serious reflection and preparedness before going into it. However, for balance, it is really a very beautiful institution - once you get it right.

Indeed, it is well.

sisisioge:

4 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2019
sisisioge:

Sisi you have emphasized severally when searching for partners to share an accommodation that you can cope and live with individuals with loose screws in their heads.

Were you lying?

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by sisisioge: 10:21am On Feb 04, 2019
bobobooge:

Sisi you have emphasized severally when searching for partners to share an accommodation that you can cope and live with individuals with loose screws in their heads.

Were you lying?

grin grin grin grin

Them sha no be my husband. I fit leave them alone and mind my business but can't leave my husband alone nau. His business becomes my business...may God keep me and mine away from unscrewed nutts.

6 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 04, 2019
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Them sha no be my husband. I fit leave them alone and mind my business but can't leave my husband alone nau. His business becomes my business...may God keep me and mine away from unscrewed nutts.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Divorce Journal by 4tunebest(f): 10:52am On Feb 04, 2019
sisisioge:

Marriage is sweet if one is patient enough to get it right

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by ImaIma1(f): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2019
Risingphoenix12:
Well.. well.. well...how time flies....

Its been about 18months or so since i started this journal (i think). Final judgement at the court is scheduled to be delivered in about 2 weeks. Interestingly, my ex and I seem to have developed a decent relationship, with mutual respect. The kids come over to my apartment from time to time, spend weekends etc.. and we reinforce each other's instructions. I attend activities at my kids school, as much as i can. I'm not complaining. I sincerely believe the divorce was the best decision for both of us. Though, the side glances from people when they hear you are divorced can be unsettling. lol.

One thing this process has taught me is never be judgemental about others. Everyone has a deeper inner struggle. Live and let live. Like my mom says, "Life is a mystery" cheesy cheesy

To those who are yet to be married, be circumspect... dont manage anybody oh... i would advise marrying someone you are willing to "die" for. The future is pregnant with positive vibes, dont miss out on it

Marriage itself is a mystery. And you are right about getting married for the right reasons...not for riches, out of pity, good looks, etc. Because sooner rather than later, all that will fade away and we might have nothing to fall back on.

Judging is a very dangerous thing to do. And people do it so easily. That's why I always say "never say never".

Hope you recover just fine and adjust to your new status. And do not make the same mistake again because to stumble twice on the same stone is a proverbial disgrace. wink.

4 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Ranchhoddas: 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
sisisioge:

Re: My Divorce Journal by Viking007(m): 3:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
ImaIma1:

Marriage itself is a mystery. And you are right about getting married for the right reasons...not for riches, out of pity, good looks, etc. Because sooner rather than later, all that will fade away and we might have nothing to fall back on.

Judging is a very dangerous thing to do. And people do it so easily. That's why I always say "never say never".

Hope you recover just fine and adjust to your new status. And do not make the same mistake again because to stumble twice on the same stone is a proverbial disgrace. wink.

Words on marble.
Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
Everything you've said is spot on! Adjustment will take some time i guess. Not sure I'm interested in stones right now (if you catch my drift)... undecided

ImaIma1:

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by mrsthang: 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2019
@risingphoenix12

It must be some relief that it's over and done with.

You both will deal with very strange feelings..grief even at the years lost.

I sometimes work with children & adults who's parents have divorced during the formative years,7 ish , it could cause lasting damage and trauma for them if not handled properly.

They describe pain and confusion,having to go to different houses,being used as pawns, sometimes even blaming themselves etc

Even when speaking to the adults,some regard it as a major incident in their lives.

I hope you both agree for this time to be as seamless as possible ,perhaps remain friendly for their sakes especially as it's not their fault.

For their mental health it is important that you both set aside your differences and parent together to the best of your ability.

They'll need lots of love, and reassurance and for you both to be on the same page so they feel emotionally secure.

Happier healthier parents in a happy environment is beneficial for children rather than a toxic environment so you both have taken the right steps hopefully to a more beautiful future .

It's not easy at all.

I wish you both all the best.

4 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 10:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
Thank you for this!

mrsthang:
@risingphoenix12

It must be some relief that it's over and done with.

You both will deal with very strange feelings..grief even at the years lost.

I sometimes work with children & adults who's parents have divorced during the formative years,7 ish , it could cause lasting damage and trauma for them if not handled properly.

They describe pain and confusion,having to go to different houses,being used as pawns, sometimes even blaming themselves etc

Even when speaking to the adults,some regard it as a major incident in their lives.

I hope you both agree for this time to be as seamless as possible ,perhaps remain friendly for their sakes especially as it's not their fault.

For their mental health it is important that you both set aside your differences and parent together to the best of your ability.

They'll need lots of love, and reassurance and for you both to be on the same page so they feel emotionally secure.

Happier healthier parents in a happy environment is beneficial for children rather than a toxic environment so you both have taken the right steps hopefully to a more beautiful future .

It's not easy at all.

I wish you both all the best.

Re: My Divorce Journal by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 06, 2019
I watched my mum, an intelligent woman, endure hell in her marriage. She refused to leave because of her kids.

I pray to God to give me a good reason to get married. Life itself is full of difficulties. Marriage is difficult. Why would I want to indulge in another level of difficulty?

marriage makes little sense to me.
Re: My Divorce Journal by Miarose: 8:40am On Feb 06, 2019
What if she had left when you were little? How do u think it would have affected you?Can you rationalize it the same way you do now?
highcollide:
I watched my mum, an intelligent woman, endure hell in her marriage. She refused to leave because of her kids.

I pray to God to give me a good reason to get married. Life itself is full of difficulties. Marriage is difficult. Why would I want to indulge in another level of difficulty?

marriage makes little sense to me.

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2019
sisisioge:
please check Nkechi Bianze's page on facebook, she is currently posting testimonies on happy marriages, Prolly you might be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: My Divorce Journal by sisisioge: 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
missdee384:
please check Nkechi Bianze's page on facebook, she is currently posting testimonies on happy marriages, Prolly you might be encouraged.

Thanks grin...good to hear positivity in the institution.
Re: My Divorce Journal by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
sisisioge:

Thanks grin...good to hear positivity in the institution.
lol....there are a lot of positive marriages, it's just that they don't come out to say it, me I have developed a positive mindset irrespective of what I see or hear, I just know my marriage must be heaven on earth smiley

4 Likes

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
Wow! How time flies. Reading through this journal just makes me realize that everything in life is transient. Mountains and Valleys, Ups and Downs etc. In all, one must remain thankful and always be positive.

Earlier this year (before the lockdown), I received a call in the wee hours of the morning. My children's mom (ex-wife) had a home accident, was taken to the hospital and had died. I jumped on the next available flight. I recall crying all the way from my apartment to the airport and on the plane. On one hand, it was such a personal loss - I ensured we remained cordial post-divorce. I had just attended our kids' christmas party at their school. I never reneged on my obligations and i always asked myself if i was doing right by her, which i always answered in the affirmative. So being informed of her demise was such a shock and a loss. On the other hand, i was thankful that i wasn't in the house when it happened, i can almost hear the stories and accusations flying... "pointing fingers at me". That would have just been another whirlwind.

Showing up was such a relief for my kids. That was (and still is) the most important thing on my mind. With wisdom (thank God), I was able to get the kids to travel back with me to my base, got them enrolled in a new school and also have family support in raising them. They seem so much happier. Everytime i look at them, i realize how blessed I am. We discuss about their mom once in a while and i just check to see if they are well adjusted (thankfully, they are). It has been one heck of a journey. I can just imagine if this had happened during the lockdown, I would have been a nervous wreck!

Life can sometimes take us through turns that we never expected, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to keep living, be positive and take it one step at a time. It is well.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Divorce Journal by Ishilove: 7:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
Risingphoenix12:
Wow! How time flies. Reading through this journal just makes me realize that everything in life is transient. Mountains and Valleys, Ups and Downs etc. In all, one must remain thankful and always be positive.

Earlier this year (before the lockdown), I received a call in the wee hours of the morning. My children's mom (ex-wife) had a home accident, was taken to the hospital and had died. I jumped on the next available flight. I recall crying all the way from my apartment to the airport and on the plane. On one hand, it was such a personal loss - I ensured we remained cordial post-divorce. I had just attended our kids' christmas party at their school. I never reneged on my obligations and i always asked myself if i was doing right by her, which i always answered in the affirmative. So being informed of her demise was such a shock and a loss. On the other hand, i was thankful that i wasn't in the house when it happened, i can almost hear the stories and accusations flying... "pointing fingers at me". That would have just been another whirlwind.

Showing up was such a relief for my kids. That was (and still is) the most important thing on my mind. With wisdom (thank God), I was able to get the kids to travel back with me to my base, got them enrolled in a new school and also have family support in raising them. They seem so much happier. Everytime i look at them, i realize how blessed I am. We discuss about their mom once in a while and i just check to see if they are well adjusted (thankfully, they are). It has been one heck of a journey. I can just imagine if this had happened during the lockdown, I would have been a nervous wreck!

Life can sometimes take us through turns that we never expected, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to keep living, be positive and take it one step at a time. It is well.

Wow
Re: My Divorce Journal by faithfull18(f): 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hmmn.
Re: My Divorce Journal by ibizgirl(f): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Sorry about this. Thank God your kids are adjusting

Risingphoenix12:

Re: My Divorce Journal by Risingphoenix12: 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Thank you.
Indeed I am quite relived and happy they are.

ibizgirl:
Sorry about this. Thank God your kids are adjusting

Re: My Divorce Journal by NoToPile: 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
Wow and wow

Life is truly unpredictable sha, followed this thread back then.

Sorry for your loss OP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You? / Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby / Woman Delivered Of Triplets After 29 Years Of Marriage - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.