Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage (1874 Views)

We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage / 17 Things No Man Can Resist / When A Girl Loves You She Will Do This Things No Matter How She Pretend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by saydfact(m): 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2017
Written by: Allison Hyacintho

“5 THINGS NO ONE TALKS ABOUT BEFORE MARRIAGE"

Last weekend i told a married friend of mine I was going to wash his car for free in exchange for some delicious marriage advice that they never talk about in Church. I mean like practical everyday things my partner and I should know before we walk down the altar, not the regular 'submit to your husband, love your wife like you love yourself, only missionary style is godly, respect your in-laws, and all other things they teach us on the surface that we have hear and tire. I washed his car cheerfully after he shared these 5 deep facts with me, I believe it will bless you too...

05- EMOTIONAL TEMPERAMENTS: Do not wait until marriage to find out how deeply emotional your partner can be, and to what limits. What are his breaking points? How does she deal with a fight? How do we apologize after a disagreement? Is keeping mute or ignoring your calls her own idea of avoiding a fight? Does he love to be left alone after an argument as a way of avoiding a confrontation? It is so important that you talk about these things when the 'I love you' is still fresh, to help you have a good knowledge of your partners reactions when they come.

04- HOLIDAYS AND TRADITIONS: Wow! Holidays can be so wonderful together, but where do we spend most of our Christmas seasons? And with whose parents do we spend it with, mine or yours? Is it okay for my family and relatives to come around for a holiday? Whose family traditions do we pass on to our children?

You might think 'naaa, this isn't important' , but wait until marriage when one mother in-law decides it's her right to be visiting the family every weekend while the other mother in-law is not happy she only gets to see her grandchildren once every Christmas.

03- SPIRITUAL TEMPERAMENTS: it is not enough to know that your partner is a Christian, God-fearing, and all other pretty Christian stories we make up to qualify a spouse! How is his relationship with God? How does she reflect her excitement about God with other people around her? Does your partner charge you to get intimate with God? Does he approve of morning devotions? Does he approve raising an altar for God in the house? What are their beliefs about tithing and seeding? Where do they stand concerning faith principles like first fruits and charity? I hope you know it is possible to have a prayer strength of 6hours and still not believe in seeding.

02- HOUSE HOLD DUTIES: this is one thing we never talk about. Women do all the chores right? But WRONG! Unless you are comfortable with playing the ‘complete house wife duty’, then you’ve got to talk about who does the what, at what times, and at what conditions? Whose turn to look after the baby, who drops them off at school and back, who takes the car to work, who pounds the fufu? Etc. Heheheeheh, I can hear some unromantic men saying “Godforbide i cannot pound any fufu after paying bride price”. Lol

01- MONEY STUFF: some of us are more comfortable with our boyfriend taking us to exotic places to eat and drink lavishly, buy us expensive gift presents, and spend big on extravagant dates. But we forget to pay attention to his ability to manage his finances, spending habits, credit history, and bills. What will our budget look like? How should we save? How do we invest? How much does she earn? What is she bringing to the table?

00- SEX: hehehe, I would have loved to talked about this too, but the strong things he shared with me, hmmmm, if I share them here some people will start dreaming dreams and seeing visions in this cold weather. Soo bye bye!

If you see a future with that partner of yours, and you haven’t taken time to deal with these topics yet, please hurry and get on with it. Because this will become the big talking points a day after the WEDDING.

Hope you catch this guys?
#confessionsofagoodman
#allisonhyacintho

Copied: [url]palmchatnow.com[/url]

1 Like

Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by Josephjnr(m): 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
smiley
Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by Sirambassador(m): 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
I am seeing 6 sad

1 Like

Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by Princess4ng(f): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lol
Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
Rubbish
Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by 4everisaac(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
Sirambassador:
I am seeing 6 sad
same here
Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by Lionessza(f): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
Don't say no one. There are people who go through marriage counselling before getting married and these subjects and more are touched. Even some people who don't go for counselling do talk about this if they are mature enough for marriage.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by saydfact(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lionessza:
Don't say no one. There are people who go through marriage counselling before getting married and these subjects and more are touched. Even some people who don't go for counselling do talk about this if they are mature enough for marriage.

thanks jare - nice point there..

1 Like

Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2017
That's why we have marriage counseling.
Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by Lalas247(f): 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2017
Rada rada
Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by Lionessza(f): 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2017
saydfact:

thanks jare - nice point there..

Pleasure babe.
Re: 5 Things No One Talks About Before Marriage by saydfact(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2017
Sirambassador:
I am seeing 6 sad

na Nairaland style to start counting from 0.... Lol so just see 5 ooh

(1) (Reply)

The Major Reason Why Men Cheat / The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy / 14 Good Luck Superstitions From Around The World, Country To Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.