Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,431 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy (1862 Views)

Woman Shares Her Experience With Dating An Older Man / 8 Benefits Of Dating/marrying A Virgin [A Must Read For All Guys] / I Can Never Date A Short Man, I need Tall, Fair, handsome Rich Guy - Slay Queen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 8:43am On Mar 17, 2018
I have seen many threads and counter-threads here about women dating rich guys. These threads are not realistic and sensible as they are not written by either rich people themselves or people who have had experiences with "rich people romance". That being said, I want to give a proper write-up on this issue of women dating rich men and its drawbacks.

Many people are blinded by money and think that once you marry into it, you will be happy and set for life. This is not true, especially for women from humble backgrounds. My points on this issue are as follows;

1) Class discrimination from the rich guy's family and friends
Rich people have rich friends and this is a painful lesson that my cousin learnt when she dated a senator's son. When they have parties or meet-ups, she could not contribute when her boyfriend and his friends were gisting about the difference between life in Europe and the USA. She did not know that calamari was "italian/greek" for squid when they ordered it for everyone to eat at a seafood restaurant.

If you are razz or very local, it is a natural thing for rich people to sideline or mock you when you lack class. For instance, I know an elderly mother who got angry that her son's fiance could not use fork and knife to eat at their dinning table. The mother told her to go and learn how to eat properly before eating again with her son at her house.

2) Money will be used against you when the guy is angry
This one is very common in Nigeria and we should know it. If you are dependent on your boyfriend or husband for money, he will punish you the day you ask him for money when he is angry with you. You will hear things like=
"Am I a bank or ATM??", "Money, Money, Money, that is all you know", "Go and ask your father for money" etc.

3) You are the cause if he ever becomes broke
Untold number of women have been accused of being the reason for the demise of their husbands/boyfriends when the men fall from grace to grass. Even if you are innocent, the village people will ask, "why did you not tell him to invest the money well?" . In fact, the village people (haters) will start counting all the Gucci bags and ankara you bought while being his partner.

4) You will fight other ladies to keep him, even if he a dedicated/honest partner
Women are attracted to successful, rich men. That is a fact. Your rich boyfriend/husband will have girls chasing him whether he likes it or not. This is inevitable. This becomes worse if he is also handsome. It becomes worst if he travels a lot because temptation is stronger when there is distance between the couples. Promiscuous ladies will be bold when they know the wife is in another state or country.

PLEASE, NOTE THAT THIS THREAD IS NOT TO SAY THAT WOMEN SHOULD NOT DATE RICH GUYS. THE ADVICE HERE IS THAT WOMEN SHOULD TRY TO BE INDEPENDENT WHEN DATING A RICH GUY TO EARN RESPECT. THEY SHOULD ALSO BRUSH UP ON THEMSELVES SO AS TO BE ABLE TO COPE WITH THE CLASS DIFFERENCE WHATEVER GAP IT MAY BE.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by Fadiga24(m): 8:45am On Mar 17, 2018
Broke and hungry nairaland leeches won't hear you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by LordKO(m): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2018
Balderdash. I guess you only hold brief for small-minded people not aristocrats.

A virtuous woman who dates/marries an aristocrat can never experience such.

5 Likes

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by Amarabae(f): 8:54am On Mar 17, 2018
If a girl dreams of marrying a rich guy,
Should that be criticized?
Anybody can dream including me and you.
So let's reduce hands in shaming people on their dreams.
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 8:54am On Mar 17, 2018
LordKO:
Balderdash. I guess you only hold brief for small-minded people not aristocrats.

A virtuous woman who marries an aristocrat can never experience such.

You are wrong.

Virtue or virtuousness will not buy you class.

When I say "class", I mean the life-experience that a privileged life gives

1 Like

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by Fadiga24(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2018
Amarabae:

You should dream of becoming somebody so that your partner benefits from you, relationship is a two way street.

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by LordKO(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2018
superhumanist:

You are wrong.

Virtue or virtuousness will not buy you class.

When I say "class", I mean the life-experience that a privileged life gives

Lol. Obviously you aren't writing based on experience. For one, by virtue of being virtuous, a woman in this class automatically possess the attributes that'll endear her to her aristocratic companion and his family/relations/associates.

By the way, a true aristocrat doesn't live life to impress others, but he's always conscientious. Superficiality isn't part of aristocracy.

4 Likes

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 9:09am On Mar 17, 2018
LordKO:

Lol. Obviously you aren't writing based on experience For one, by virtue of being virtuous, A woman in this class automatically possess the attributes that'll endear her to her aristocratic companion and his family/relations/associates.

By the way, a true aristocrat doesn't live life to impress others, but he's always conscientious. Superficiality isn't part of aristocracy.

You have been reading too many pompous fairy-tales. You have never experienced the "aristocracy" you are talking about. I say this because all wealthy and successful people understand that appearance and showmanship are sometimes even more important than reality.

Virtue will not give you the knowledge to understand rich people's jokes. When people who have travelled around the world are talking, will virtue give you any clue to contribute to the discussion when you have not even left the shores of Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by LordKO(m): 9:26am On Mar 17, 2018
superhumanist:

You have been reading too many pompous fairy-tales. You have never experienced the "aristocracy" you are talking about. I say this because all wealthy and successful people understand that appearance and showmanship are sometimes even more important than reality.

Virtue will not give you the knowledge to understand rich people's jokes. When people who have travelled around the world are talking, will virtue give you any clue to contribute to the discussion when you have not even left the shores of Nigeria?

Small-minded people like you and your ilk and sarcasm are inseparable - to your type, by virtue of being in the same place with someone automatically makes you his equal. Lol. Yes, I'm an egalitarian, yet, egalitarianism doesn't mean absence of segregation.

Well, this discussion isn't about my person and the stratum I belong to. . . You don't know me from Adam. Peace out.

4 Likes

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 10:46am On Mar 17, 2018
Amarabae:

superhumanist:

PLEASE, NOTE THAT THIS THREAD IS NOT TO SAY THAT WOMEN SHOULD NOT DATE RICH GUYS. THE ADVICE HERE IS THAT WOMEN SHOULD TRY TO BE INDEPENDENT WHEN DATING A RICH GUY TO EARN RESPECT. THEY SHOULD ALSO BRUSH UP ON THEMSELVES SO AS TO BE ABLE TO COPE WITH THE CLASS DIFFERENCE WHATEVER GAP IT MAY BE.
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2018
LordKO:

Small-minded people like you and your ilks and sarcasm are inseparable - to your type, by virtue of being on the same place with someone automatically makes you his equal. Lol. Yes, I'm an egalitarian, yet, egalitarianism doesn't mean absence of segregation.

Well, this discussion isn't about my person and the stratum I belong to. . . You don't know me from Adam. Peace out.

Your first sentence was personal to me.

Glass houses and throwing stones
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 9:03am On Mar 18, 2018
Fadiga24:
Broke and hungry nairaland leeches won't hear you.

lol
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by shaybebaby(f): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2018
superhumanist:
I have seen many threads and counter-threads here about women dating rich guys. These threads are not realistic and sensible as they are not written by either rich people themselves or people who have had experiences with "rich people romance". That being said, I want to give a proper write-up on this issue of women dating rich men and its drawbacks.

Many people are blinded by money and think that once you marry into it, you will be happy and set for life. This is not true, especially for women from humble backgrounds. My points on this issue are as follows;

1) Class discrimination from the rich guy's family and friends
Rich people have rich friends and this is a painful lesson that my cousin learnt when she dated a senator's son. When they have parties or meet-ups, she could not contribute when her boyfriend and his friends were gisting about the difference between life in Europe and the USA. She did not know that calamari was "italian/greek" for squid when they ordered it for everyone to eat at a seafood restaurant.

If you are razz or very local, it is a natural thing for rich people to sideline or mock you when you lack class. For instance, I know an elderly mother who got angry that her son's fiance could not use fork and knife to eat at their dinning table. The mother told her to go and learn how to eat properly before eating again with her son at her house.

2) Money will be used against you when the guy is angry
This one is very common in Nigeria and we should know it. If you are dependent on your boyfriend or husband for money, he will punish you the day you ask him for money when he is angry with you. You will hear things like=
"Am I a bank or ATM??", "Money, Money, Money, that is all you know", "Go and ask your father for money" etc.

3) You are the cause if he ever becomes broke
Untold number of women have been accused of being the reason for the demise of their husbands/boyfriends when the men fall from grace to grass. Even if you are innocent, the village people will ask, "why did you not tell him to invest the money well?" . In fact, the village people (haters) will start counting all the Gucci bags and ankara you bought while being his partner.

4) You will fight other ladies to keep him, even if he a dedicated/honest partner
Women are attracted to successful, rich men. That is a fact. Your rich boyfriend/husband will have girls chasing him whether he likes it or not. This is inevitable. This becomes worse if he is also handsome. It becomes worst if he travels a lot because temptation is stronger when there is distance between the couples. Promiscuous ladies will be bold when they know the wife is in another state or country.

Nice write up however you ruined it slightly buy advising women to brush them selves up and excluded men.

Self improvement is something everyone should aim for. I like my merlot and malbec, so yes a man could brush up to know the difference between the two.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by BabbanBura(m): 9:16am On Mar 18, 2018
Fadiga24:

You should dream of becoming somebody so that your partner benefits from you, relationship is a two way street.

Excellento - sadly the leeches dem see only putting p.u.s.y on the table as their contribution to the relationship - how does p.u.s.y. make my life better?
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by LesbianBoy(m): 9:30am On Mar 18, 2018
Are you guys not tired of threads like this?
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

Nice write up however you ruined it slightly buy advising women to brush them selves up and excluded men.

Self improvement is something everyone should aim for. I like my merlot and malbec, so yes a man could brush up to know the difference between the two.

Madam, you are right. Everyone should aim for self improvement.

That being said, I couldn't give a shite about wine. I only care for vodka. That's the spirit.
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 10:20am On Mar 18, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Are you guys not tired of threads like this?

Why should we be tired?
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by shaybebaby(f): 11:05am On Mar 18, 2018
superhumanist:

Madam, you are right. Everyone should aim for self improvement.

That being said, I couldn't give a shite about wine. I only care for vodka. That's the spirit.
Better hangovers for defo but sadly not my taste.

I am glad we are in agreement. Oga.
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by Rubbiish(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
Amarabae:
If a girl dreams of marrying a rich guy, Should that be criticized? Anybody can dream including me and you. So let's reduce hands in shaming people on their dreams.
Do u even have sense at all in your big head? Must a girl dream of becoming a parasite?? Na wa for una o
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2018
Rubbiish:

Do u even have sense at all in your big head?
Must a girl dream of becoming a parasite??
Na wa for una o

Lol grin grin
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by CAPSLOCKED: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2018
Amarabae:

THIS IS MENTAL LAZINESS, TYPICAL AFRICAN WOMAN'S DOCTRINE.

DON'T DREAM OF MARRYING A RICH MAN AND BEING HIS DOG, BECOME A RICH WOMAN YOURSELF AND OWN THAT. WHY CAN'T YOU DREAM THAT? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by swiz123(m): 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
The fact here is that this op is a very poor dude
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 2:52am On Mar 21, 2018
swiz123:
The fact here is that this op is a very poor dude

Really?

Does the average Nigerian know what calamari is and do they know restaurants where they can get it to eat? Hmm.

If you had any iota of intelligence, you would know that the op is not poor. Rather, you are the one showing your poverty- both in mind and in spirit.
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by Nobody: 5:20am On Mar 21, 2018
LordKO:

lol how many aristocrats get married to ordinary ppl?
Re: The Untold Problems With Dating/marrying A "Ready-made" Rich Guy by superhumanist(m): 6:18pm On May 29, 2018
LordKO:

Just reading this thread again. You are seriously wrong and ignorant on this issue. I should have been more hostile in my reply.

Aristocrat my foot. Garri soaker claiming big boy

(1) (Reply)

The Addicted Couple (+18) Episode 5(last Episode) / OMG!!! See What This Yahoo Boy Did To This Lady @ Club / Why Do We Pay Women For Sxxx When They Enjoy It As Well(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.