Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family (40865 Views)

Ronke Oshodi-Oke Celebrates Her Daughter Jumoke’s 16th Birthday (photos) / Ronke Oshodi-Oke And Kunle Afod Meet Hafiz Agoro, The Tallest Man In Nigeria / Picture Of Ronke Oshodi-Oke And Friends Got Fans Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by pweetiedee(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yes I know, thank you grin
Egun Mogaji aka Egun Anigilaje oko Afusatu Anike
Lol. mumu
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by pweetiedee(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2017
soberdrunk:

Madam with that your 'upper Iweka wig', it seems you want me to spoil the rest of the year for you with my mouth? You better not start what you cannot finish! angry

Start,
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2017
pweetiedee:

Lol. mumu

Perhaps, but I'm not a proven strawberry like you sha grin

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by goodvision12(m): 10:37am On Aug 03, 2017
BroadwayAfrica:
Famous thespian, Ronke Ojo-Gbolahan, popularly addressed as Oshodi-Oke in an exclusive interview with BroadwayTV weighed in on the cause of many celebrity marriages going down the hill. According to the talented actress, things can't work out if the responsibilities of a home lies heavily on one person. She stated that if she provides for the needs of the family or takes up the role of the breadwinner then there is no way she's cooking for any man.

Marriage, love, mistakes and are more in this explosive chat up with Ronke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xqFAxfhNO4
This is super story

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 03, 2017
soberdrunk:

Madam with that your 'upper Iweka wig', it seems you want me to spoil the rest of the year for you with my mouth? You better not start what you cannot finish! angry

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by sunshineV(f): 10:40am On Aug 03, 2017
otabuko:
A goal keeper can't be a striker at the same time. I concur.

U probably never seen bayern keeper in action when the club is in need of goal grin
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by pweetiedee(m): 10:41am On Aug 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Perhaps, but I'm not a proven strawberry like you sha grin
. Bye. busy
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by ybalogs(m): 10:43am On Aug 03, 2017
amakadihot87:
..........it shouldnt be placed as a rule .....the way she is doing.......yes its true that one cant stress herself all through the day to make money and still enter the kitchen to prepare meals daily,but its something a husband and a wife will talk over mildly and reach a conclusion on how to go about it.........its not proper to turn ur husband to a housewife just because he is not capable of providing money,due to some problems
You are correct too .
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Originalsly: 10:43am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:

I already said the man shud be helping as much as he can and not chill.

As for your last sentence, I wonder when this part of the world will stop being so backward as always point out unmarried women, marriage clashes. Women are not for marriage alone.
Hmmm....don't think it's backward.... this part of the world marriage is very important and more sacred than other parts of the world.... and... marriage crashes are looked down upon more than other parts of the world. Refusing to cook for her husband for the reason given is a marriage breaker in this part of the world ..... the reasons why these were pointed out... relevant to the topic... nothing backward in this... it's cultural.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by raymond1550(m): 10:46am On Aug 03, 2017
TINALETC3:
It depends, if my man is dat broke and I see hm make efforts to get bak 2 his feet, y nt, I wl do evrytin bt if he relaxes, den, I won't mind making hm do nt jst d cooking bt wash my undies 2, he needs 2 b useful tongue
Tho,may God 4bid it, dnt wnt such
pls are you married
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by lakkyflow(m): 10:47am On Aug 03, 2017
TINALETC3:
It depends, if my man is dat broke and I see hm make efforts to get bak 2 his feet, y nt, I wl do evrytin bt if he relaxes, den, I won't mind making hm do nt jst d cooking bt wash my undies 2, he needs 2 b useful tongue
your face matches those words u wrote ....lol
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by MorningDew2017(f): 10:51am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:
she is right.
Do the present day women still look like the 1865 AD women?
If the husband is the breadwinner, the woman cooks, washes, do so many things in the house.
But if the wife is the breadwinner, you expect her to still do everything in the house while the husband chills abi? All in the name of 'head of the house'?
No, kolework. He go help her work naani.

MODIFIED: All these people mentioning me negatively, please continue o. I am enjoying it.
my dear Mercy you are on point, all this men should learn to tell themselves the simple truth.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by bashydemy(m): 11:00am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:
she is right.
Do the present day women still look like the 1865 AD women?
If the husband is the breadwinner, the woman cooks, washes, do so many things in the house.
But if the wife is the breadwinner, you expect her to still do everything in the house while the husband chills abi? All in the name of 'head of the house'?
No, kolework. He go help her work naani.

MODIFIED: All these people mentioning me negatively, please continue o. I am enjoying it.

And your hubby will eat another woman food who is ready to cook for him with her own money and still give him pocket money to chill..

2 Likes

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by holluphemydavid(m): 11:03am On Aug 03, 2017
and dat cud lead to d break up of her marriage,dey are not ready to be submissive,yeyebrity,some people role model

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 03, 2017
pweetiedee:

. Bye. busy

Of what use is this simpleton information to me? wink

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by enemyofprogress: 11:06am On Aug 03, 2017
This semi illiterate calls herself too a celeb. Nonsense.

Her back side na real turn off
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by enemyofprogress: 11:07am On Aug 03, 2017
raymond1550:
pls are you married
you wan marry am?
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by 9jatatafo(m): 11:08am On Aug 03, 2017
Make she dey fool herself. Since is the bread winner, she should avoid her man's bed and also divorce and look for a man that will be the bread winner
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by YelloweWest: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2017
celestialAgent:
Earning 10 times more than me does not make her the bread winner. As long as what I earn is reasonable enough to takecare of her and my children, then am good and I can have my say in the house. She can spend her excess money however she likes but never as a boss of me in my own family.

Again, I say God forbid such for me!
OK. What if her income can afford better housing. Better schools etc than yours? Would u divorce her? Or would u deny ur kids a better life all because of ur ego?
Just asking...

A lot has changed Bro. Men need to be OK with their spouse being the breadwinner or at least her having more money.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by enemyofprogress: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:

what are you feeling like?your mate dey Senate dey make money,you dey here dey feel funky set people dey mention you. Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Joy1706(f): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2017
eni4real:
I will employ a fair-skinned cook who will be helping Madam out! No qualms at all.
You will employ with which money? Common jor
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by celestialAgent(m): 11:21am On Aug 03, 2017
YelloweWest:

OK. What if her income can afford better housing. Better schools etc than yours? Would u divorce her? Or would u deny ur kids a better life all because of ur ego?
Just asking...

A lot has changed Bro. Men need to be OK with their spouse being the breadwinner or at least her having more money.
You don't necessarily have to attend the best schools to be someone in life. If she became rich after she had completed her studies, that means she didn't attend the best schools during her time yet she became successful after. So sending my children to school within my financial confinement will be just as reasonable, or better still a joint financial commitment would be ideal.

Talk about better housing, I can't live in a house solely built by a woman, that will make me a pvssy of a man. It takes more than just a mere taught to decide to be a family man. So me as a person would have a settled plan on how to run a family before venturing into the journey. That she can afford a better house does not mean I cannot afford a standard house suitable to host me and my children.

In a rare instance, where the woman tend to keep her ego in check despite her sudden financial success, then I will be willing to journey through life with her as an understanding and mutually contributive mate and not as a boss of me.

It's just my principle and I love it smiley
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by olaefosa: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2017
mumu mentality fall on you.... talking nonsense,, i am d bread winner and same time cook like 60% of the meals at home .
i enjoy cooking for my wife every weekend i clean ,cook sometimes i even go to the market myself,,
so Local brained woman whatcha Sayyy....

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Tambari1974(m): 11:26am On Aug 03, 2017
I cook for my family even as a family bread winner.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2017
The main reason why most women disrespect their poor or jobless husbands Is because some of them sit at home all day, eating and spending her money, no woman will be happy with such. Even if the man earns less than the woman, if she notices that he's trying his best and putting in effort, she will be happy with him (although some devilish women would still find fault with such a man). I know of a woman who has a very big shop in one of the major markets in Benin while her husband works as a KeKe driver from morning till evening, she is the bread winner of the family but they are very happy, in fact she's always praising her husband and telling people how hardworking he is, the day another woman tried to mock him, she nearly ate the woman raw. The bottom line is that no woman likes a lazy man, even if a man earns little, what matters most is whether or not he is hardworking and putting in effort

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by YelloweWest: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2017
celestialAgent:
You don't necessarily have to attend the best schools to be someone in life. If she became rich after she had completed her studies, that means she didn't attend the best schools during her time yet she became successful after. So sending my children to school within my financial confinement will be just as reasonable, or better still a joint financial commitment would be ideal.

Talk about better housing, I can't live in a house solely built by a woman, that will make me a pvssy of a man. It takes more than just a mere taught to decide to be a family man. So me as a person would have a settled plan on how to run a family before venturing into the journey. That she can afford a better house does not mean I cannot afford a standard house suitable to host me and my children.

In a rare instance, where the woman tend to keep her ego in check despite her sudden financial success, then I will be willing to journey through life with her as an understanding and mutually contributive mate and not as a boss of me.

It's just my principle and I love it smiley
The last paragraph is says it all. Marriage is better as a partnership. No ego on both sides.

My brother in law is a dr who works for the govt and also has his private practice.
His wife is a billionaire in the oil sector. Their kids attend the best schools in the world... everyone knows it's the wife who pays and they have a great marriage.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by buchilino(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2017
mercytripletz:

It is like you don't even understand English. Okay bye. Don't mention me, I won't reply.
LIKE I SAID EARLIER, UR NOT READY 4 MARRIAGE.
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by girl4rmspace(f): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2017
I would still cook for my husband even If am richer and he lost his job

1 Like

Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by purpledove(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2017
TINALETC3:

heh, I don't think ua nice
Re: Ronke Oshodi-Oke: I Can't Cook For You If I Am The Breadwinner Of The Family by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
girl4rmspace:
I would still cook for my husband even If am richer and he lost his job
marry me now!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cossy Ojiakor Leaves The Hospital After Successful Leg Surgery (Photos) / Answer This Question Sincerely As Asked By Psquare (for couples) / Oge Okoye Wearing Fake D&G Top - Fans Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.