Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,721 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals (52871 Views)

Leaked Election Result Reveals President Buhari Won 2019 Election #nigeriadecide / Nnamdi Kanu Says DNA Result Linking Igbos To Jews Is Positive (Video) / Jewish Scientists In Anambra To Present DNA Result To Show Igbos Are From Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by Pigsandidiots: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
[s]
toofit007:
you people can keep on writing trash but you can never cover the truth, I was there when the true results were handed over.... DNA confirmed igbos are Jew..... Israel from the tribe of Gad. I will soon upload the video of everything that happened on Saturday and how happy those that brought the DNA results from you USA were. meanwhile, educate yourself a little bit through this link and stop feeding the public with lies https://www.naijaonpoint.com/latest-nigerian-news-today/jewish-scientists-storm-anambra-to-present-confirmatory-dna-test-of-igbo-origin-photos.html?doing_wp_cron=1502035472.0048060417175292968750
[/s]Oga, go bring the video and stop g8ving fabu here. We will watch the video with our megabites. You are not jews and they have confirmed it. All this trash u put down won't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by luluman: 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
EasternLeopard:
Fake news

Fake news

Fake news

Fake news

Try harder next time
So what's your take? do you still think you are from Israel.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by kikake: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
bankylan:

I wake up everyday thanking God I am not Igbo.......I am not tribalistic....but with the little I know about the Igbos having been to Aba, onitsha,Enugu,Ebonyi,Orlu,Okigwe, Nnewi....I can't but thank my God I am Yoruba. A family friend lost his wife...a very young woman and these Igbo people are asking the young man to but cow, goat and wine before she can bury the lady....Igbos have terrible traditions....

I agree with you over the aspect of Igbos demanding all sorts of expensive things from a bereaved before burial of the relation of the bereaved.

But it's sweet to be Igbo. I can't imagine myself being a Yoruba. I would rather not be born than be born a Yoruba.
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by kikake: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
StarOfDavid:
And the media psychological warfare continues.

The same type of media manipulation that told us that feud between drug lords abroad made gunmen to massacre worshippers in a church in Ozubulu.

The agitation for Biafra is being discredited from many enemy fronts. In Ozubulu, the message of enemies of Biafra was: "you Igbos can't live in peace in Biafra."
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
enemyofprogress:
chei see knockout, see blood, see teeth for ground. My brother you don finish the fake Jews of Biafra
grin

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by scholes0(m): 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2017
sukkot:
igbos are from pygmy bantus

Lmao!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by APOSTLECHUMA: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
PHALACIAN JEWS FROM ETHOPIA COMPLETED THE MISSING TRIBE.
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by oladeebo: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
ericsmith:

i av no buiz bin tribalistic but wen kids cum online to spew trash sum1 jus as to spank them. .. for a start yu must b a fool as to ur opinion cos u disregarded facts.
wayback from history til date the igbos av neva succeeded in any course they championed nor support ..
from angle of politics d igbos are learners n stil remain learners ... hence y they ar on d back roll.
infrastructure wise,, they claim to be the reason fr development of any other developed region but yet there region they cannt turn to dubai ..buhari fault
igbos claim to b mother of trade/business yet richest business mogul 1-5 they ar no where.
their is huge differences btw wat yu think n way reality states ...no doubts igbos are unique wit traits like,,rebelliousness,,greed,,no manners/Disrespectfully,,condoling money crimes,,"our son/brother" the only time igbos fake unity is wen another tribe is around. the moment they are alone they can neva agree on one thing ,,unique indeed a tribe where evrybody wana lead ... a failure tew is unique but the igbos av got nuttin ...any sane tribe wil envy or crave for.
paye de chef!
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by kikake: 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ojiofor:
Umu Nri nde wayo na nde magomago ndi choro ibu isi Igbo ndi oshi Jewish identity ntooor grin.
Proudly indigenous Igbo!

Mugu. I was born and told that Nri is the heart of Igbo. It's like Ile-Ife for Yoruba.

I am not from Anambra state.

Wait for Nigeria to tell you what part of Igbo land is heart of Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by KemjikaEme: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2017
delivryboy:

From being by force Jew to sharing the same ancestors with all southerners by force by force. I think Igbos should take a break from social media and all these controversies, look inwards for deeper reflection. This is a time for reflection on the deeper meanings of what binds Igbos together than engaging in social media argument and making ridiculously sharp turns on collecting ideologies. Everyday seems to come up with new struggles and non pre-existing ideas being propagated by just one ethnic group. Haba! Just take a break please, it's getting embarrassing and demeaning.
First of all, every Nigerian group have various myths and complicated narratives about their history and origin. The Yorubas have a fabricated story of an Oduduwa figure from the middle east abi fallen angel which is being debunked by their kins. Some Benin people believe they migrated from Egypt.
It is basically an attempt and desire to discover you they are and the reason for their presence in this part of the world.
There is nothing wrong and demning about embarking on a mission to find one's true origin through established scientific and technological procedues.
All hypothesis deserve to be stated,reviewed, debunked or accepted at the end of a thorough analysis.
The only embarrasing thing i see here is you and the rest of the people here mocking people's attempts at discovering their roots.

Secondly, all Igbos don't parade and believe the hypothesis that Igbos are jews. The well informed people here clearly understand that Igbos are linguistically and genetically related to all Southerners.
So there is no attache movement here, it is simply a Statement of Facts.

Thirdly, the theories and controversies you hear about Igbos exist within other groups but Igbo related news are consciously pushed to the front page knowing the kind of heat, bitterness, bigotry and ignorance it will elicit from people like you.

Finally, this is not an Igbo problem but a Nigerian/Subsaharan problem because of the absence of documented history which ultimately give room for theories,controversy, convolated researches, pseudo history and guess work.
It behooves everyone of us to sit down and reflect on how to cover these loopholes in our history.
The only demeaning issue right now is you and the ignorant minds in here.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by Ojiofor: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2017
kikake:

Mugu. I was born and told that Nri is the heart of Igbo. It's like Ile-Ife for Yoruba.

Story,abeg shift one side!your lies has been busted!
Umu Jew grin.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by viktooh(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2017
Israel Igbo how
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by belindar: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
If they are tired of Nigeria they better go to Israel and stop creating unnecessary attention
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by oladeebo: 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2017
kikake:

honestly speaking I see igbo as one of the most intellectual tribe, due to my contacts with many prof. osadolor, osagede, patric lucy, achimugu on which I respect all but these folly of now had put me in confusion on my look on igbo!
it's a pity!
let igbo learn to forget and feel be igbo and Nigerian!
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by stanluiz(m): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
omenka:
I actually prefer them "jews". cheesy cheesy

Edit:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Dude, nairaland has changed your moniker to "Igbos" from Flattîes! grin

Dang! cheesy
I know they will storm into this thread like bees and start to masturbate and putting mouth in what does not concern them but if it is a ritual killing in Oshogbo thread they will avoid it like Ebola.spits to be an afonja.
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by Kirigidi(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
veraponpo:

The question is where are they from now? Have you read about Obatala, father of the Igbo nation before?

Are they from Ile Ife?

According to history Obatala was the title of the pre-existing kings of the Igbo nation in Ile Ife. These were the Igbos whose king (Obatala Oreluere), Queen Moremi married. They are today’s Anioma/Lucumi people, and an ancient civilization in their own right.

The Anioma roots go way back to the Nri area of Igboland, from where they started an ilu to the Ife area (today’s Yorubaland).

After the Moremi affair, the headquarters of the Anioma/Lukumi nation became the Onitsha and Iseleukwu kingdoms.

Other notable Anioma kingdoms include, but are not limited to:
•Olukwumi- named after the old Lukumi/ Ife/ Uhe kingdom/empire of the Igbos.

•Oguta (Imo State)-which retained the ancient Obatala title of ‘ Obi Osere Igbo’ . The Osere is in charge of the Owu festival of Oguta.

•Ogbaland, which preserves the Obatala’s Ife title of Oba Igbo, through their king’s Oba title.

•Onitsha Ugbo, which is a nostalgic combination of the words ‘Orisha’ and ‘Ugbo’.

Ezechima, who was the last Igbo titular prince in Benin as well as Crown Prince of the Igbos of Ife, retained some Benin titles as a result of a peace treaty with Ogiso Owodo, the last Ogiso of Benin.

http://www.igbodefender.com/2012/10/12/obatala-father-of-the-igbo-nation/
THE ACTUAL PLACE LEGENDARY ERI CAME FROM. I have voiced it out several times to Igbo people that the origin of their ancestral ERI is not Israel, rather it lies in the ancient AKA KINGDOM of the OGISO DYNASTY. Eri originated from the ancient Aka Kingdom during the reigns of the Ogisos. AKA was an ancient kingdom ruled by kings known as OGISO with capital in ancient UDO. I have facts to prove that ERI originated from AKA KINGDOM! First, Eri was a legendary high priest during the OGISO era and featured in EDOID folklore and stories. Eri was so popular in Udo that the inhabitants of ancient Aka Kingdom regarded him as an entity with supernatural powers. ERI was even deified, and up til date EDOID tribes such as Bini, Ishan, Etsako, Urhobo-Isoko, Owan, etc still name children after him: e.g. Erido, Ehigie, Erimowo, Erinyoja, Ehime, etc. NOTE that Bini and Ishan pronounce ERI as EHI, while Urhobo and Isoko pronounce ERI as ERI. HOW ERI GOT TO IGBOLAND. Following the collapse of the OGISO DYNASTY in about 900AD, there was widespread chaos, crises and insecurity throughout the kingdom and these prompted the inhabitants of Udo and environs to flee in different directions or migrated elsewhere in search of peace and comfort. Among the people that possibly left UDO was "ERI". ERI and his group first migrated northeast-ward, and reached Igalaland after crossing the River Niger. ERI later moved southward with his party into Igboland where he settled permanently. In remembrance of his ancient homeland of AKA KINGDOM, ERI named his first settlement in Igboland as "ERI-AKA" which he established in the Anambra River valley in Aguleri. ERI married two women who bore him children who together with their descendants in the course of history founded the various Umueri communities. Just as ERI named his first settlement [ERI-AKA] after his origin AKA, so also his son AGULU named his first settlement [AGULU-ERI] after his father/origin ERI. Secondly, ERI upon crossing the great river Anambra and been an EDOID man named the river "Ameobala" [in Edoid languages: ame=water, obala=blood/reddish] meaning "reddish waters" due to the reddish/yellowish collour of the Anambra river. The Edoid name "Ameobala" was later corrupted to "Omabala". Do you know that the confluence of Omambala and Ezu rivers was named "Agbanabo" by ERI, which in EDOID languages means "joined branches" or "meeting point". Does "Agbanabo" has a meaning relating to river confluence in Igbo language? Thirdly, as customary of AKA ancient culture, when a deified figure in the rank of ERI died a sacred tree called "Oghriki" in Edoid languages was usually planted to mark the grave. Coincidentally, ERI's grave was marked by the same sacred Oghriki tree at ERI-AKA. And surprisingly, the same Edoid name "Oghriki" was retained but only slightly corrupted as "Ogilisi" by Igbo speakers who found it difficult to pronounce the Edoid word Oghriki. Fourthly, the earliest form of organised society/ leadership set up by ERI's descendants was known as "IME-IDUU KINGDOM" which in EDOID languages can be interpreted to mean "Descendants of Iduu Kingdom" [Ime=descendants/ family, Iduu=alternative name for UDO]. NOTE that "IDUU" is another name [alternative name] for ancient Udo town the capital of AKA KINGDOM during the OGISO DYNASTY. According to Onwuejeogwu [1981], history has it that Aguleri was given a royal sceptre [staff] by his father Eri to become the king and spiritual ruler of "Ime Iduu" Kingdom. If I may ask, why the choice of the name "IDUU" by ERI? Is it just by mere coincidence that ERI named his kingdom after "Udo" the ancient capital of Aka Kingdom? Fifthly, oral Nri traditions described ERI as a "Sky Being" which is very similar to traditions of origin commonly held during the OGISOS era in UDO. In fact, the title "OGISO" means "King of the Sky", and EDOID traditions widely believed that the Ogisos "descended from the Sky". In addition, the period presented as the time of ERI's migration to Igboland sharply coincided with the period of the collapse of the OGISO DYNASTY when people moved from ancient UDO in different directions to settle elsewhere, and Eri is possibly one of the prominent figures who left to establish themselves in other places. To further buttress my argument that ERI originated from ancient AKA KINGDOM, there exist several places and geographical features still bearing EDOID names in the territories settled by Eri's descendants. Such Edoid names include "Udo", "Ogodo" stream and hill, "Odanduli" stream, etc. Even some members of Eri's entourage and descendants bore Edoid names such as "Iguedo", "Iru", "Dabawor", etc. There is also a place called "Oraeri" in Anambra State which in Edoid languages means "Eri's shrine or temple". It may interest you to know that the Benin Kingdom is just a successor kingdom to the ancient AKA Kingdom. In other words, AKA KINGDOM existed before BENIN KINGDOM. AKA KINGDOM was ruled by the OGISO DYNASTY with capital at UDO. It was only after the fall of AKA KINGDOM that a new kingdom emerged under a new name [BENIN KINGDOM], new dynasty [OBA DYNASTY] and also, a new capital [IGODOMIGODO/ BENIN].No one knows for sure when the first Ogisos started ruling or when the Aka Kingdom was founded. But what was known is that the kingdom existed for several centuries until its final collapse in about 900AD. AKA kingdom attracted people of diverse origins to settle within its territories because of peace and protection offered by the OGISOS, and also because it was the only notable organised kingdom in the whole of that region as at that time. It may also be of interest for you to know that the OGISO Kings of ancient AKA KINGDOM crowned personalities whom they sent to various lands to establish their own kingdoms. For example the kingship in Onitsha Kingdom and Agbor Kingdom were founded during the Ogiso Dynasty, and not during the subsequent Oba Dynasty [Benin Kingdom] as erroneously claimed by some writers. That is why Onitsha is proudly referred to as Onitsha "Ado na Idu", in firm remembrance of ancient "UDO" town [also known as Idu] the seat of power of the OGISOS of AKA KINGDOM. Ndi Igbo need to visit their history in order to discover/ unravel their true origin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Nri.
Onwuejeogwu, M. Angulu (1981). An Igbo civilization: Nri kingdom & hegemony. Ethnographica. ISBN 978-123-105-X.
Basden, George Thomas (1921). Among the Ibos of Nigeria: An Account of the Curious & Interesting Habits, Customs & Beliefs of a Little Known African People, by One who Has for Many Years Lived Amongst Them on Close & Intimate Terms. Seeley, Service. p. 184.

NOTE: This write up is not intended to bring insult to anyone or group of people but it's just an expression of my observations over the years.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by stanluiz(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
KanuJEWSarePIGS:
Just imagine Kippah (Jewish cap) on "Table top" head. How e wan take balance?
Even head shape no look alike. The last time I checked, Jews wears Kippah while table mat fit well on Cownu's slaves heads.
continue to masturbate on any Igbo thread it is your destiny to carry Igbo matter for head like gala
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by ivolt: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
This is no news.
I find the attache by force mentality to be very annoying.
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by MrIrohKenedy: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
adetayo234:

The deep pain has turned him to a robot. tongue
gbam

omenka is a pained soul
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by ivolt: 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
ZZ22:
Honestly i dont know whats wrong with these ewedu people.

Do you think Igbos really give a Bleep about being Jews?

Out of jealousy and hatred you wish the story is not true and have been trying every means necessary just to debunk the fact so that when you sleep you will cowardly beat your chest and think your on same level with the Igbos.

Igbos are unique deal with it

Take heart, I hope you will be able to sleep tonight.
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by stanluiz(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
Leo3333:

Guy you no go kill yourself ontop Igbo matter so, with your insane obsession with anything Igbo?

my brother ask am oooh instead of them facing the problem facing their region like ritual killing,bad do cult killing and the rest of them they will leave it and start to masturbate on Igbo thread.I have tell me that they will die on top of Igbo matter.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by Caseless: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
go back to the kitchen.

We are jews.

Judas iscariot is our fore father.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by ivolt: 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Oduduwa was from Benin not Arabia. Benin gave concept of Kingship to all of Southern Nigeria.

Wrong, Benin never had kings at the time of Oduduwa's allege migration.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by dare2win: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
THIS IS THE WEBSITE OF THE INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENT OF JEWISH VOICE, RABBI JONATHAN BERNIS CONFIRMING THAT IGBOS ARE JEWS, PLS OPEN IT FOR YOURSELF: https://www.jewishvoice.org/learn/here-brief-summary-groups-whom-were-connected

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FULL OF LIES, OPEN THIS LINK AND SEE THAT IGBOS ARE JEWS AND THAT THEY EVEN HAVE THE JEWISH SCRIPTURES AS EARLY AS 9TH CENTURY AD.

smiley
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by ezeagu(m): 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
dare2win:
THIS IS THE WEBSITE OF THE INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENT OF JEWISH VOICE, RABBI JONATHAN BERNIS CONFIRMING THAT IGBOS ARE JEWS, PLS OPEN IT FOR YOURSELF: https://www.jewishvoice.org/learn/here-brief-summary-groups-whom-were-connected

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FULL OF LIES, OPEN THIS LINK AND SEE THAT IGBOS ARE JEWS AND THAT THEY EVEN HAVE THE JEWISH SCRIPTURES AS EARLY AS 9TH CENTURY AD.

smiley

"The Igbo are said to have migrated from Syria, Portugal and Libya into West Africa after the Assyrian army deported them."

Is this how badly you want to be a Jew, when people will say you are the bastard offspring of Portuguese, Syrian and Libyan Jews? It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by totit: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
dare2win:

smiley

Lool grin lool grin

This one even dey open teeth, dey form jetleeee kiss

grin
[/b]Breaking News! Jonathan Bernis Who Tested Igbo DNA Is A Fake Jew And A Christian[b]

The international President of Jewish Voice Ministries, Rab­bi Jonathan Bernis.

program to test the Igbo of Nigeria for genetic links to Jews has heightened tensions between international groups representing mainstream Jews and Messianic Jews.

In February, Jewish Voice Ministries International organized a test to compare genetic samples from some 100 members of the Igbo group, who claim ancestral connections to the biblical Israelites, against a DNA bank of genes collected from Jews.

Shavei Israel, a high-powered Israeli organization also ramping up their own outreach to the Igbo, does not welcome the test and sees it as part of the growing threat Messianics pose to the Israeli group’s mission.

“So called Messianic Jews are soul-snatchers and missionaries, who are trying to sell people a false bill of goods,” said Michael Freund, Shavei’s founder and chairman. “They try to convince some of these communities to unwittingly call themselves Jewish while at the same time believe in the Christian faith.”

Freund is on his own quest to bring “lost tribe” communities into the fold of the mainstream Jewish world. He has settled thousands of Bnei Menashe, a “lost tribe” from India, in Israel and the West Bank.

He sees Messianics as competition.

“It’s a market place of ideas out there,” said Freund. “If the only ones in the marketplace are the so-called Messianic Jews, then they may very well succeed in deceiving many members of those communities into joining their ranks.”

Jonathan Bernis, head of Jewish Voice, said the group is transparent about their beliefs and points out that most of the Igbo are practicing Christians already — even though they proclaim an Israelite ancestry.

Michael Freund, whose organization Shavei Israel has focused primarily on the immigration of the Bnei Menashe from India to Israel, has recently begun outreach to the Igbo of Nigeria.
Sam Kestenbaum

Michael Freund, whose organization Shavei Israel has focused primarily on the immigration of the Bnei Menashe from India to Israel, has recently begun outreach to the Igbo of Nigeria.

But whereas groups like Shavei teach that in order to “reconnect” to Jewish roots the Igbo must drop their worship of Jesus, Jewish Voice makes no such demand.

“We would attempt to bring them back to an understanding of their Jewish heritage without compromising their faith in Jesus.”

At some 30 million, the Igbo are among Nigeria’s largest ethnic groups. While the Igbo are primarily Christians, for generations they have identified as descendants of a “lost tribe of Israel,” some espousing a lineage to the tribe of Gad.

In recent years, international interest in the Igbo and Igbo interest in outside groups have both seen an uptick.

Since 2003, Kulanu, a New York based nonprofit that supports “isolated and emerging” Jewish groups has provided financial support and religious guidance to the Igbo, which has sometimes involved religious conversions to Judaism. Shavei Israel, a well-funded Israeli organization that encourages immigration to the Jewish state, began sending religious emissaries to Nigeria in 2015.

Read more: http://forward.com/news/364890/rival-outreach-groups-feud-over-dna-test-for-lost-tribe-of-israel/

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by Horlufemi(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2017
EasternLeopard:
Fake news

Fake news

Fake news

Fake news

Try harder next time

Hear it from Kanu's mouth the result of the DNA proves that Igbos are Jews

See the video evidence below

Mazi N Kanu rains fire & brimstone on d recent ki…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVPTYE_lgM

which time in the video?

Pls tell me! thanks
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by fatiaforreal: 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
I really appreciate various people digging into the archives. Let knowledge rule instead of guess and unfounded fairy tales, at some point we all will arrive at the common truth.
Let me add, Obatala did not come from Anioma. Let's follow established fact, the journey is from southern Africa to Congo. From Congo we came to the Niger area, there was no Aka, Benin, Anioma or any kingdom at all at that time. Pls we're talking about the earliest settlements of man here. It was from this settlement at the bank of the Niger that most of the tribes in west Africa evolved from. Yoruba called it old Ife, the same name that metamorphosed from Ife to Nyuife, Nupeko, and finally Nupe. No kingdom in Nigeria existed before this settlement. It is possible other tribes have different names for it. It's the established point of separation and the reason most of the tribes in Nigeria are grouped as the Niger Congo or yoruboid group. But the good thing we've jointly established here is that igbos and yorubas moved out of this very settlement. The Ogisos were not born at this point in time, the earliest people to inhabit edoland came only after this dispersion. That's the reason for traces and common words in our various languages, not necessarily because some people left their kingdoms to found others
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by hammer6: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
My people, it is like i spoke too soon, DNA shows no link with Israel.
Ngozi123, Amarabae, Ezeagu, bigfrancis21, Cheruv, pazienza, Abagworo, AjaanaOka, ireneony
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by oladeebo: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
I challenge Igbo especially those in Nairaland to go and have his or her own DNA test and post the result here to resolve this dilemma!!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by Kagawa10: 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2017
SenatorM:
Egypt or Mecca. Where exactly, and you are insulting the Igbos that they don't know where their ancestors are from.
Now you claiming Oduduwa is from an Arab origin,same way the Igbos claim their ancestors were from Israel.

Well, Oduduwa aint all Yorubas' ancestor, he met people at Ife. All Yoruba descended from Ife though, Ife is the home of every Yoruba.. Btw, Oduduwa aint fuc.king Arab..
Re: Igbos Are Not Jews - DNA Result Reveals by Kagawa10: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
Abagworo:

Oduduwa was from Benin not Arabia. Benin gave concept of Kingship to all of Southern Nigeria.

Nor be only Bini... Till today, Bini folks don't know what happened to their lost Ekharledehan in the forest, probably eaten by animals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State / Governor Sanwo-Olu Buying Roasted Plantain (Pictures) / Governor El-Rufai Allegedly Attacked In Zaria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.