Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook (34322 Views)

N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. / Should A Bsc Holder Accept A Job Of 40k Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by tyga123: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
Mehhn maybe u done Bleep her up before na grin
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by pocohantas(f): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
LI:
Dear OP,

While a 400k/month job is good, please understand there are jobs that pay more than that, even in Nigeria. There are also self-employed people who make multiples of that amount. I understand your bitterness but you may be making a mistake to think the life of this lady depended on that referral you we're trying to make.

It is clear that you had good intentions but she may not have needed your help at all. Let's even agree for the sake of argument that her life would have made a good turn-around with that job, my brother, there is no way you can convince me with this your story that you tried to establish contact. Sending a friend request on facebook is not good enough, especially when you admitted you only went to primary school with her, including a short message with your friend request would have been more appropriate. How about?

Hey Whatever her name is, I have information about a potential job offer that I think you're more qualified for than any other person I know, if you're interested, do let me know

Trust me, with that she would have accepted your request and even if she would not take/get the job, she still would be grateful to you for looking out for her. Oga, you did not try enough period!

I don't know how long ago Primary school was for you, but you made a mistake for assuming that she still remembers you, I only remember a handful of people from my elementary school days and this is only because I have been friends with the same people over the years. For a woman who probably had been harassed with friend request by strangers who only mostly want to have s3x... you should have been more understanding. Maybe she didn't even remember you at all, or recognize your name; you may have used a different name from one she remembered, or spelt it in a different way. I'm making assumptions here but you get the point, right?

Lastly, that line about you having a girlfriend prettier than this assumed friend of yours is unnecessary, childish even.

Respect ... smiley
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by LI(m): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
Your points about "missed opportunities" are very valid.

Good that you mentioned you also know someone who works in this organization which means you have remote to reasonable information on the opening. Who's to say the lady in question equally does not know about the job? Who's to say she hasn't already applied sef? What if she gets the job? (It's possible! It has happened before my eyes) OP would probably recoil in shame at this scenario. Who's to say she even needs the job?

I agree with you, both sides need to be discussed, and I'm providing the context for that.

supersystemsng:

I concur 100%.... but if this issue has to be discussed from both sides of the situation..I agree with all your points 100%...I have a friend who lost millions this way..people just don't understand there was so-called special moments and it's to catalyze/increase the speed of people's lives..but since it's discounted most times people are left with too many missed opportunities..i feel this is a clear case of missed opportunity anyway.. I have someone working at the same Ecowas...i speak with her regularly..i am certain about this position that their employees are treated well

1 Like

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by LI(m): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
Merci wink

pocohantas:

Respect ... smiley
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
LI:
Your points about "missed opportunities" are very valid.

Good that you mentioned you also know someone who works in this organization which means you have remote to reasonable information on the opening. Who's to say the lady in question equally does not know about the job? Who's to say she hasn't already applied sef? What if she gets the job? (It's possible! It has happened before my eyes) OP would probably recoil in shame at this scenario. Who's to say she even needs the job?

I agree with you, both sides need to be discussed, and I'm providing the context for that.

You are right.. but given the country's current economic position, it's safer to tilt towards the angle that she earns lesser and would have done better with the job..Suffice to say the guy knows her job implies he knew her range of salary and that this would be better..i don't judge situations. God forbid i'm unintelligent to judge anyone but myself...My buddy lost over 5 million because of such. infact i lost two major projects from two employers who didn't reach me when i ought to have been reached. People have a right to use different strategies as a basis to judge people's character.. it's not accurate but it's rather personal... what's important for us to come to agreement about is that many human beings ( not a gender, ethnic or nationality issue )are not opened, rather close up before asking questions...assume failure before trying, procrastinate before test-running, give up before turning up for the event, shut the door before making evaluation and on this basis my whole points lies, that we should rather be curious than afraid, rather be willing than withdrawn, rather test the walk over waters than hide from the storms..obviously i'm sure you can see my position now..

We're all in agreement brov...

One love..

I don't advise..i'm off social media, but this thread mehn...too irresistible not to drop a few points, be it selfish or yeye...

God bless his people.

2 Likes

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
So you no see any Man for the job?
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Thats the problems with some Nigerian Ladies. They keep forming while good things passes by.

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by kaycee2505(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
Biko I no go mind. I need d job
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by pocohantas(f): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
LI:
Merci wink

I hope you won't block me too when I send PM. If you try, my thread will worse pass OP own grin
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
pocohantas:
Nigerian men make a big deal out of every.
Your name obviously didn't ring a bell...
You're just one of numerous men that add a lady to give her a job connection. Some others have been killed, kidnapped and all sorts. When their pictures get to NL, you tag them slay queen that got slayed.

Ladies are just being careful out of experience or hearsays.
Though some are actually uncouth.

Another job will come for her, that's if she isn't fine wherever she is.
Life goes on.

Your closing post gives an insight to your kinda person, you're not any better than her...that's if she actually blocked you. You're a proud person. The type I wouldn't want help from...

Are you okay at all or are you just being stupid.
The girl in quote went to the same primary school wif me. She knows where we leave. She even watches us from their house where we go to play football as kids because their house overlooks the football field.
Next be reasonable or shut the f ck up! Jesus!
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by LI(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
grin
I have a great idea, send it and let's see if that "block" option still works. wink

pocohantas:

I hope you won't block me too when I send PM. If you try, my thread will worse pass OP own grin
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
wapadunk:
So you no see any Man for the job?

You guys are just... stupid!
Didn't you see where I said the Job requires someone who can speak more than one foreign language for eg: English, French, Chinese, Portuguese and so on. Now do you think if I knew of any guy who is qualified that would not let the person know.

I don't know why you guys just love being stupid. Do you think every guy wants to enter a girl's pant by offering to help her?
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Chiccly(f): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
Give me the job now!

BTW,Are you sure its just the job or there isnt more to it?
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by pocohantas(f): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
BLoomfrancs:

The girl in quote went to the same primary school wif me. She knows where we leave. She even watches us from their house where we go to play football as kids because their house overlooks the football field.

LOL. You're not just proud, you're very rude. Maybe that's why the girl doesn't want anything to do with you again. grin

You know her house?
She knows your house?
Yet you chose FB to disseminate such information.

The opportunity to play god eluded you, that's your annoyance.

LI:
grin
I have a great idea, send it and let's see if that "block" option still works. wink
LOL... grin

4 Likes

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
BLoomfrancs:

You guys are just... stupid!
Didn't you see where I said the Job requires someone who can speak more than one foreign language for eg: English, French, Chinese, Portuguese and so on. Now do you think if I knew of any guy who is qualified that would not let the person know.

I don't know why you guys just love being stupid. Do you think every guy wants to enter a girl's pant by offering to help her?

God bless you oh.. Little wonder many ladies are shocked when offered assistance by the opposite gender without seeking for anything in return
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Macgabe(m): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
BLoomfrancs:

I think there's age limit.
If I heard her correctly, she said it's from 18 to Thirty-something years.
I will still ask her though if the job is still available.

Please bro, if it's not strictly a lady, I have a friend who studied french as a course. He will be very glad to have this opportunity.
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by einsteino(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
Evaberry:

I think op is a liar from the bottomless pit, even if he isn't a liar, he has mental issues, it is people like you that would ask a girl for sex before helping her, because of a block button you started ranting like a bitch, if you had her best interest in mind you would have tried to get across to her whether or not you were blocked and explain things.

you were propably feeling like a god and her saviour hence your ego was bruised when she blocked you.

All I see here is op inflated ego and pride

if he had her best interest at heart it would naturally disappear after getting blocked, for every action there would be an equal and opposite reaction. No point playing sanctimonous or stating rules that you dont even live by. you are probably the type who says "send me your CV as soon as you grad" and stop picking calls soon as they send it. Not many people would remember an old friend, op tried. Saying he had an ulterrior motive is over assuming. I at least learnt a thing from his narrative, I have a bad habbit of not reading/replying messages on social media platform.
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by generationz(f): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Good for you, keep your dirty job to yourself.

You are already sounding like a Messiah, only God knows how much you would have sexploited exploited the poor girl if she accepted you.

So you wanted to help her and you first sent a friend's request? Who are you fooling?

All you needed to do was to mail her or drop a message if you really wanted to pass an information to her.

I'm sure if she had accepted your friend's request, you'd have also asked for her whatsapp number...then start to IMO her
Or even ask her to send you her nudes.
Just because you want to refer her to someone.

You sound like an emotional blackmailer.

I know your type.
And your type truly deserves to be blocked.

Hahaha

The Eagle has landed

@bloomfrancs you are not God, if God will bless the lady he will without your help
If you were in her position I'm sure you would want the person to use any means possible to inform you about the job. @Op you ate the kind of enemies we pray against

3 Likes

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by slendxy: 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
Kondomatic:
Depends on her privacy settings though and even if he sends a message, it will first appear as a message request which she will need to approve before they can start chatting, if she blocked friends request, she will definitely block chat request..

Or do you expect him to just go to her inbox and say "Hi. I have found 400k job for you?"

She will mark it as spam(scam).

Moreover nah person we em dey feed dey bring mouth.

Lemme Tell You A Similar Story.

A driver once brought a phone for me to buy, a Z10 back then and when I asked him how he got it, he said that it belongs to her sister. then I told him to call the sister to get the security code. It was then that he revealed to me that a passenger forgot it in his car.

On the screen of the phone is a picture of a young lady who is likely to be in her later teens or maybe early twenties and she wrote her name on it.

I told the driver that I will buy the phone if I unlock it successfully, he agreed and gave me two days.

I searched for the lady on Facebook with her name and found her, fortunately she was online.

I sent her messages but she wouldn't reply, though I didn't tell her why because it may not be her.

I inserted my simcard in the phone and luckily data was on, notifications started coming in from whatsapp, email etc. I called a number that was not saved and asked the girl if she knows the phone owner personally.

She say that they're sisters. I was like Bleep, you're sister's and she didn't even save your number?

To avoid sending information to the wrong person, I asked her why her sister's number has not been going through, she said that I should call her Airtel number, the MTN is not going because she forgot it in a car days ago. I collected the Airtel from her and called the phone owner but the Italian princess wouldn't pick.

I let it slide but a part of me wasn't comfortable with giving the back to the driver so I called her once again and luckily she picked.

We talked and I gave her the driver's number in the end. The phone was returned to her.

It was after my call that she then approved my chat request and even sent a friend to me.
I think her friend request is still pending on Facebook.

Not everybody like chatting on social media, especially, with a stranger. I have someone's lost item and found the person on Facebook I won't just drop "hi" to see if he/she will respond back, I will go straight to the matter and inform the person what's up.

1 Like

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
Why can't we unplug our connections with issues and debate on issues as they present themselves for the goodness sake of God?
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by LI(m): 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
OP,

Take it in stride na, after all, there are people here who support you.

By yourself you opened a thread, requested people's opinions, now you're vexing at people who disagree? Hope you realize you're weakening your argument with your inability to handle criticism?

1 Like

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by larrybee2017(f): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Good for you, keep your dirty job to yourself.

You are already sounding like a Messiah, only God knows how much you would have sexploited exploited the poor girl if she accepted you.

So you wanted to help her and you first sent a friend's request? Who are you fooling?

All you needed to do was to mail her or drop a message if you really wanted to pass an information to her.

I'm sure if she had accepted your friend's request, you'd have also asked for her whatsapp number...then start to IMO her
Or even ask her to send you her nudes.
Just because you want to refer her to someone.

You sound like an emotional blackmailer.

I know your type.
And your type truly deserves to be blocked.

I'm a bit confuse here o, who is the emotional blackmailer here now? Take am easy o. Their was absolutely nothing wrong in sending her a friend request mostly now that we have over 1000 people bearing the same name and using the same profile pics. Girls just need to start living rather than dying jare
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
larrybee2017:

I'm a bit confuse here o, who is the emotional blackmailer here now? Take am easy o. Their was absolutely nothing wrong in sending her a friend request mostly now that we have over 1000 people bearing the same name and using the same profile pics. Girls just need to start living rather than dying jare

Lol at girl's need to start living..please o babes, before meeting any guys online be careful...the bad news everywhere has become irritating and annoying... i feel for our sisters...Nevertheless, a facebook like may not entirely be harmful..
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by pocohantas(f): 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
LI:
OP,

Take it in stride na, after all, there are people here who support you.

By yourself you opened a thread, requested people's opinions, now you're vexing at people who disagree? Hope you realize you're weakening your argument with your inability to handle criticism?

OP is rude and egoistic, any discerning person should have noticed it from his opening post. It's in his favour that he is male and the 'victim' is female. If not, he wouldn't have gotten away with this level of pride...

1 Like

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
RageddyAnn, wise woman, oya o..I'm waiting for ya input ma.. cheesy
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Dnockeror333(m): 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
BLoomfrancs:

It is obvious the story wasn't meant for you.

And thank you for murdering our beloved English.

Murderer of tongues ko?
Who went into bisilabulus without looking at sentence square! Chai God dey o, you no say na Nigerianglish he ma dey speak now!
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Flaghouse1: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
BLoomfrancs:

You just exhibit a brazen attitude,I pity friends that associate with you , reading your statement above just got me dissaapointed , I have friends like to subjugate others.i just cut them off as they are not better off.

If this said girl was your primary school mate why not call her and pass the message subtly about the employment offer to her.in reality you just want to find all ways possible to hook up with her .

Oga please life does not revolve around you alone.your display picture says a lot about you my son

Change your orientation

1 Like

Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
Flaghouse1:

You just exhibit a brazen attitude,I pity friends that associate with you , reading your statement above just got me dissaapointed , I have friends like to subjugate others.i just cut them off as they are not better off.

If this said girl was your primary school mate why not call her and pass the message subtly about the employment offer to her.in reality you just want to find all ways possible to hook up with her .

Oga please life does not revolve around you alone.your display picture says a lot about you my son

Change your orientation

No doubt his selective method may be far from perfect but subjugation brother isn't it too far?

I don't believe in cutting off ties personally, but rather work with people to sharpen and smoothen their rough edges...afterall no one is perfect...one that cuts off relationships too quick may also be the same as the guy that's been criticized by your comments Sir
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Idowuh(m): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
Kondomatic:
Depends on her privacy settings though and even if he sends a message, it will first appear as a message request which she will need to approve before they can start chatting, if she blocked friends request, she will definitely block chat request..

Or do you expect him to just go to her inbox and say "Hi. I have found 400k job for you?"

She will mark it as spam(scam).

Moreover nah person we em dey feed dey bring mouth.

Lemme Tell You A Similar Story.

A driver once brought a phone for me to buy, a Z10 back then and when I asked him how he got it, he said that it belongs to her sister. then I told him to call the sister to get the security code. It was then that he revealed to me that a passenger forgot it in his car.

On the screen of the phone is a picture of a young lady who is likely to be in her later teens or maybe early twenties and she wrote her name on it.

I told the driver that I will buy the phone if I unlock it successfully, he agreed and gave me two days.

I searched for the lady on Facebook with her name and found her, fortunately she was online.

I sent her messages but she wouldn't reply, though I didn't tell her why because it may not be her.

I inserted my simcard in the phone and luckily data was on, notifications started coming in from whatsapp, email etc. I called a number that was not saved and asked the girl if she knows the phone owner personally.

She say that they're sisters. I was like Bleep, you're sister's and she didn't even save your number?

To avoid sending information to the wrong person, I asked her why her sister's number has not been going through, she said that I should call her Airtel number, the MTN is not going because she forgot it in a car days ago. I collected the Airtel from her and called the phone owner but the Italian princess wouldn't pick.

I let it slide but a part of me wasn't comfortable with giving the back to the driver so I called her once again and luckily she picked.

We talked and I gave her the driver's number in the end. The phone was returned to her.

It was after my call that she then approved my chat request and even sent a friend to me.
I think her friend request is still pending on Facebook.

nice one
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by lokotowers(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
Her boyfriend have access to her Facebook account I guess.. Is the one that blocked you
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
lokotowers:
Her boyfriend have access to her Facebook account I guess.. Is the one that blocked you

Too much Hollywood movies
Re: A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook by Flaghouse1: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

No doubt his selective method may be far from perfect but subjugation brother isn't it too far?

I don't believe in cutting off ties personally, but rather work with people to sharpen and smoothen their rough edges...afterall no one is perfect...one that cuts off relationships too quick may also be the same as the guy that's been criticized by your comments Sir

I like your reasoning pattern, really you don't just cut off relationship too quick,but when you observe a pattern for years you just need to isolate yourself from such people,I don't know how old you are but with my years on earth and experiences (personal and inferred) I will advise you not to stick around people with tendencies relating to our discourse.

I use to be free with people ,but with time realized it's just not worth it, sacrifice your arm and leg for friends ,relations in times of need you will be disappointed.I have personally funded a relations trip abroad as I write you simple "singlet or boxers"not sent in appreciation of the effort.

So you can see where I am coming from-God rewards people for thier good deed not human though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Today Is My Last Day Of Work, Wish Me Good Luck. / Pastors & Evangelists Wanted: The Punch Advert I Saw Today / How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.