Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Which Adverts Motivate You - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Adverts Motivate You (7700 Views)

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Funniest Adverts You've Watched/heard / Nigerian Commercials (TV Adverts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Witi(m): 9:25am On Feb 15, 2010
Omo na the Heineken advert oo in-fact I must take some bottles after office hours today. grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by stevemike1: 9:34am On Feb 15, 2010
I cherish two adverts, one is an old adverts which was done by MTN, where a man called his mother and told her in pidgen english where his wife deliverd, "Mama na boy, this simply tells me that success flies and it is been celbrated, because you could see the way the village people where rolling drums, because ofthe news.

My second besty advert is that of GTB bank where you see a man and a woman climibing steps above with supporting edifice, showing that if you are serious and focussed you will attain your desire or height in life.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by lonelypal(m): 10:34am On Feb 15, 2010
steve mike:

My second besty advert is that of GTB bank where you see a man and a woman climibing steps above with supporting edifice, showing that if you are serious and focussed you will attain your desire or height in life.

I use to love bank PHB adverts but when i saw that of GTB, it simply drove me wild. Thats motivation at its peak grin
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2010
all d PHBs have bin gud
d stairs-climbing folks wif GTB (the football ad. totally disgust me)
d access bank's
mtn south africa wc (both ads very fabulous)

But d two ads that consistently been d bomb over d yrs have bin - the GUINNESS & HEINEKEN ADS cool
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by thebaron(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2010
My best ad of all time has got to be "my friend Udeme is a great man" the next will be the Heineken advert where a woman was showing her friends her new walk closet while her husband was showing his friends his new cold room full of heineken. the ad really blew me away.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Olisa4all: 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2010
Eeyore:

What exactly is hilarious about that crappy piece of work? For real, that has got to be the worst advert ever. I winch whenever they show it. Who ever conceptualized that nonsense should be summarily castrated without anaesthetic.
Ur own opinion. .that is
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Olisa4all: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2010
Two world wars & one world cup. .england. .england
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by kobofun(m): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
I think d advert of all tyms is the Coke Advert, with the song: 'I am the future of the world, I am the hope of my nation, I am tomorrow's people, I am the new inspiration, " The advert was done some years' back and had this wink cute girl wink wink singing later joined by some other folks. That song should be taught in schools!!! grin
The advert is not only beautiful but its got a message, its inspirational, cutting through all ages and classes!!! smiley
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by bettes(f): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2010
kobofun:

I think d advert of all tyms is the Coke Advert, with the song: 'I am the future of the world, I am the hope of my nation, I am tomorrow's people, I am the new inspiration, " The advert was done some years' back and had this wink cute girl wink wink singing later joined by some other folks. That song should be taught in schools!!! grin
The advert is not only beautiful but its got a message, its inspirational, cutting through all ages and classes!!! smiley
"And we got a song to sing to you,we've got a message to bring to you. " This is one of my favourite adverts of all times though i was very little i can stilll remember the lyrics.
I also loved the old Thermacool ad.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by kemisuga(f): 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2010
Skye Bank cool
Always - "Check Check" cool
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by ade9ja(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2010
i also like the bank php advert.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by toosoon(m): 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2010
PEPSI

A little boy went to a vending machine to get a can of Pepsi, he slot in a coin but unfortunately his hands could not get to the Pepsi eject button. So he had to slot two more coins to get two cans of coke which he placed on the floor and climbs on them and finally got his hands on the PEPSI.

He works away with his PESPI leaving the two cans of coke on the floor embarassed
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0EVSP_6XZA

funniest ad this year so far
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^lol

what an ad

now the men will have even more reason to bash some women grin
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by codelady(f): 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2010
The most motivating ads for me are the 90's Toyota ads - "yoi shinai, yoi kangai" - good thinking, good product. Motivates me to be the best and produce the best in all my assignments. I especially remember the episode where a thief broke into a Toyota plant at night to steal a ride. He managed to bypass the security guards but as he moved along the wall of the plant a motion sensor in the nearest vehicle got it moving until it trapped the thief against the wall! Good product!
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by mrrock: 2:08am On Feb 16, 2010
TV, radio, Newspapers are now becoming obsolete means of advertisement especially in Nigeria since we don't have electricity to power our radio, TV. The future of advertisement in Nigeria is SMS. More than half the population of Nigeria now own a GSM phone so with SMS you can reach almost everybody in Nigeria at once. It's very effective!. There's a company that is already doing SMS advertisement. Go to www.080advertising.com
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Phony200(m): 7:02am On Feb 16, 2010
The mtn oh Jerry advert was really inspiring. I remember I called my babe and sent texts in d morning for like 3 months after that. It worked wonders too! :-)
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Mhismole(f): 7:48am On Feb 16, 2010
This condom advert cracked me up for days lol, its soooo funny,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7kCoJ-pTw

and i rmbr singin 'mimi noodles' jingle in class just to piss my teacher off in sec skul, lool
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by slyk2(m): 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2010
the PEAK advert, bank PHB advert and MTN advert of a 9ja man in the orbit!

all inspires me to the core1
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Chapii: 4:44pm On Feb 16, 2010
I am so suprised that nobody has mention LONART & MALARIA. That advert is second to none, It doesn't just motive me it thrills me. malaria your days are numbered undecided. Abeg Naija Get concept. NTA if you raed this please repeat that advert for LONART. I will pay.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by spiderman(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2010
Olisa4all:

Two world wars & one world cup. .england. .england
lol, that one's quite nice,
the other 2010 worldcup ad is equally good,
the one where people from all over the world appear to be either kicking an invicible football or dancing,
that one, i really like.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by xreal: 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2010
I do give MTN their respect in terms of audio-visual adverts not until when they came up with the MTN-2010 FIFA worldcup advert featuring Michael Essien. Another guy replaced him in d course of d advert. There were few flaws in that same advert. Viewers are no fools. Some of us are advert analysts/critics.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by tlops(m): 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2010
det ar kul, this is cool

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0VweBURIuNo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0VweBURIuNo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Chubhie: 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2010
Please guys was it essien dat did d joggn in d mtn advert or was it another?
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
http://www.veryfunnyads.com/

Go to this link.

Type in search box  "baby ultrasound"

Hit enter.

Click and watch video, "twin parents ultrasound" from results.

Enjoy.

Your effort will not be in vain. I promise!
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Rooneyboy(m): 12:00am On Feb 18, 2010
Chubhie:

Please guys was it essien dat did d joggn in d mtn advert or was it another?
no bro, someone else did the loggn and not essien. I heard essien aint good at joggn.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by ModestSam(m): 1:22am On Feb 18, 2010
I love the Honda advert shown in the UK a while back, it says "hate something, change something"
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by Ajike: 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
I also love the mtn advert that had a man and his son(english) going to watch a match in the stadium/going via a lift they met other fans from other countries. (i particularly love the way the man closed his son's mouth) when he wanted to continue singing.

my 3 yr old daughter always rolling on the floor laughing whenever they show this advert. I also love it and that of Heieken where ladies were thrilled/shoutin seeing their friends wardrope while guys were screaming on beer. I like d concept, it shows hw guys can go crazy because of heinekez
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by laposta: 6:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
Nice thread, it brought back some intriguing memories,
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by clintwine(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
I can't remember the name of the bank in the advert, about Cars running on water, it motivates me, but on a funny note, i think the bank was planning to run on water before cars. LOL!!
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by dominique(f): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2010
Chapii:

I am so suprised that nobody has mention LONART & MALARIA. That advert is second to none, It doesn't just motive me it thrills me. malaria your days are numbered undecided. Abeg Naija Get concept. NTA if you raed this please repeat that advert for LONART. I will pay.

that horrible ad with the dude painted in yellow you have got to be kidding me.
Re: Which Adverts Motivate You by laposta: 8:09am On Feb 19, 2010
clintwine:

I can't remember the name of the bank in the advert, about Cars running on water, it motivates me, but on a funny note, i think the bank was planning to run on water before cars. LOL!!

Bank PHB of course. at a time, they had the best branding, the scrabble advert, cars running on water etc. i wonder where they lost it, now the Bank is in shambles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) / Family Guy And The Simpsons... / Where To Download Nigerian Series "The Johnsons"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.