Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise (12234 Views)

Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / How Often Do You Evangelise? / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by CHARLOE(m): 9:35am On Aug 22, 2017
shadeyinka:

You don't have to believe in Satan. He believes in you. You serve his cause.

How can you be that myopic. Satanism the act of Satan's rebellion predates the creation of man. Satan introduced Adam and Eve to satanism. Satan says to them "when you break this command, you will not die...BUT you will become WISE, knowing everything to become independent of God....you will be like God".

I have paraphrased it in modern English for you since you chose your path of independence, be!
Did Satan lie? Even God confirmed what Satan said, according to ur Bible. Go n read d story again
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
CHARLOE:

Did Satan lie? Even God confirmed what Satan said, according to ur Bible. Go n read d story again

Of course, Satan didn't completely lie. He only didn't tell them the full truth about the consequence of their actions.

1. They will be independent of God, subject to no one: they will be like God
2. They will know how to do both good and great evil: knowledge of good and evil

Consequence:
They will be rejected by God destined for Gods refuse dump
They will loose their spiritual authority
They will be cast out of ease into hardship
The earth will begin to work against them
They will become slaves to Satan

More like when you set a trap for a rat.
You mix good food with little poison

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
shadeyinka:

Of course, Satan didn't completely lie. He only didn't tell them the full truth about the consequence of their actions.

1. They will be independent of God, subject to no one: they will be like God
2. They will know how to do both good and great evil: knowledge of good and evil

Consequence:
They will be rejected by God destined for Gods refuse dump
They will loose their spiritual authority
They will be cast out of ease into hardship
The earth will begin to work against them
They will become slaves to Satan

More like when you set a trap for a rat.
You mix good food with little poison
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2017
shadeyinka:

How can I?
Over the Truth!?

Which is Better, to
1. Exchange Hope for Hopelessness!
OR
2. Exchange Hopelessness for Hope!

Its so simple.

You see your religion as truth and hope. There are hundreds of other religions that also see themselves as "truth".

It is not as simple as you say it is.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

The atheist obviously did an incomplete job on you, cos he succeeded in turning you to deist, and not an atheist. You may sound better if you put points forward to establish the validity and soundness of your religion, deism.

Deism is not a religion

3 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
superhumanist:

Deism is not a religion
That's what the deceiver has made you believe. Define RELIGION and see for yourself.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

That's what the deceiver has made you believe. Define RELIGION and see for yourself.

religion
noun

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

deism
noun
1. belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe.

how are they the same?

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

religion
noun

the belief in in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

deism
noun
1. belief in in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe.

how are they the same?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

It seems like you do not have a dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
superhumanist:

It seems like you do not have a dictionary.
Help me check yours and provide the definitions.
Or let me help: RELIGION IS BELIEF IN SOMETHING (OR SOMEONE). Ask yourself why your most active section on nairaland is religion section, of all sections on nairaland. And ask yourself why you felt the need to defend and agitate for this belief of yours.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2017
superhumanist:

You see your religion as truth and hope. There are hundreds of other religions that also see themselves as "truth".

It is not as simple as you say it is.

It doesn't concern you since you do not believe any religion. Most religion give hope, but yours (atheism) doesn't.

That is the point
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

they are not the same. One involves worship and belief in the interference of a god, the other just stops at belief in the existence of a supreme being. with no books, no altar, no place of worship and no doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
shadeyinka:

It doesn't concern you since you do not believe any religion. Most religion give hope, but yours (atheism) doesn't.

That is the point

There is hope without religion.

Atheism is not a religion

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by superhumanist(m): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

Help me check yours and provide the definitions.
Or let me help: RELIGION IS BELIEF IN SOMETHING (OR SOMEONE). Ask yourself why your most active section on nairaland is religion section, of all sections on nairaland. And ask yourself why you felt the need to defend and agitate for this belief of yours.

If I believe in Cristiano Ronaldo to win the world best every year till he retires, is that religion? Or is your definition of religion too vague.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

they are not the same. One involves worship and belief in the interference of a god, the other just stops at belief in the existence of a supreme being. with no books, no altar, no place of worship and no doctrines.
They are the same in context, they just have differences in practice. BELIEF IN is the key phrase. Man as a creature was designed to BELIEF IN something and by extension worship it.

Worship means to show REFERENCE. Now, other religions have predefined ways of showing reverence to their object. But in your own case, you show reverence spontaneously. One example is your staying active in RELIGION section on nairaland. another example, is your replying to my posts here instead of passing by.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
superhumanist:

If I believe in Cristiano Ronaldo to win the world best every year till he retires, is that religion? Or is your definition of religion too vague.
If you just BELIEVE IN CRonaldo, that's enough to be a religion. But if you BELIEVE IN CRonaldo TO.

And by the way, Yes, soccer is a religion to some people.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

They are the same in context, they just have differences in practice. BELIEF IN is the key phrase. Man as a creature was designed to BELIEF IN something and by extension worship it.

Worship means to show REFERENCE. Now, other religions have predefined ways of showing reverence to their object. But in your own case, you show reverence spontaneously. One example is your staying active in RELIGION section on nairaland. another example, is your replying to my posts here instead of passing by.
cheesy ok sorry sir.

but there is no sense in your last paragraph. I reply every post that catches my interest. I'm also active in the family section.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:
cheesy ok sorry sir.

but there is no sense in your last paragraph. I reply every post that catches my interest. I'm also active in the family section.
You obviously didn't get the point. Topics from at least 10 sections of nairaland make front page daily, and only the religious ones catches your interest?

Don't forget that this thread didn't make front page, so you couldn't have gotten here through front page. Now, of the 20+ sections on nairaland, you spend most of your time on nairaland in RELIGION and family section. That doesn't add up. Cos We'd have expected that you'll never visit the religion section. For example, I don't think I've ever visited the fashion section.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

You obviously didn't get the point. Topics from at least 10 sections of nairaland make front page daily, and only the religious ones catches your interest?

Don't forget that this thread didn't make front page, so you couldn't have gotten here through front page. Now, of the 20+ sections on nairaland, you spend most of your time on nairaland in RELIGION and family section. That doesn't add up. Cos We'd have expected that you'll never visit the religion section. For example, I don't think I've ever visited the fashion section.

stop. the topics I comment on doesn't have to make front page before I can comment. the topics I commented on in crime, romance and family are not front page topics. I enjoy going through nairaland and I comment on topics that catch my fancy.
. if you belief deism is a religion thats ur personal opinion and not a fact.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
superhumanist:

There is hope without religion.

Atheism is not a religion

Atheism IS a religion:
1. Why are you active in religion section of NL
2. Religion is man's activities to please the divine:
Yours is mans activity to unplease the Divine.

How? By defying Him.
He can do His worst (if He exist)
3. Atheism is SATANISM:
Active or Passive, it doesn't matter: You serve your lord and master Satan. You do his bid!

African Traditional Religion believes that when one dies, he joins his ancestors to watch over their people. So are all Abrahamic Faiths. Even Buhdists and Hindus merge with the universal consciousness.

You, what happens when you die?
You cease to exist: You become bags of bones

Is that Hope?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

stop. the topics I comment on doesn't have to make front page before I can comment. the topics I commented on in crime, romance and family are not front page topics. I enjoy going through nairaland and I comment on topics that catch my fancy.
. if you belief deism is a religion thats ur personal opinion and not a fact.
Yes, I understand. But it still doesn't change the fact that most of your comments are on RELIGION section. The question still stands - why is that so?
I rest my case.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

Yes, I understand. But it still doesn't change the fact that most of your comments are on RELIGION section. The question still stands - why is that so?
I rest my case.

you make no sense. there are religious people that do not comment on religious section does it mean they automatically have no interest in religion?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

you make no sense. there are religious people that do not comment on religious section does it mean they automatically have no interest in religion.

You're dodging the question.
Everybody has a family, but does everyone comment/visit family section? Does that mean they don't have a family? No. Is that odd? No it's not. But it becomes odd when a fella claims not to have (or intend/wish to have) a family, yet spends most of his time on nairaland in the family section.

Or maybe I should ask, did you study or are you studying philosophy/religion/history in school? Cos those are the fields that may propel interest in religion even though you claim not to have one.
Instead of putting up a defense, just ask yourself the question and answer yourself. When you have an answer, you may share with me.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

You're dodging the question.
Everybody has a family, but does everyone comment/visit family section? Does that mean they don't have a family? No. Is that odd? No it's not. But it becomes odd when a fella claims not to have (or intend/wish to have) a family, yet spends most of his time on nairaland in the family section.

Or maybe I should ask, did you study or are you studying philosophy/religion/history in school? Cos those are the fields that may propel interest in religion even though you claim not to have one.
Instead of putting up a defense, just ask yourself the question and answer yourself. When you have an answer, you may share with me.

I enjoy visiting nairaland simple. I have interest in religion, crime and family section. I'm not a criminal tho. I simply enjoy reading the debates. I have answered your question.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

I enjoy visiting nairaland simple. I have interest in religion, crime and family section. I'm not a criminal tho. I simply enjoy reading the debates. I have answered your question.
Yes, I noticed too. And your dp is about the most popular man in history whom seem not to like. Why choose Him of all things that you can use as DP? The questions will keep birthing more questions. So, no need to continue.
The summary is that you're obsessed with religion (Christianity of course, and Jesus) and you spend most of your time here defending your obsession.

If I may ask, why do you hate religion, Christianity and Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bolaji21:

Yes, I noticed too. And your dp is about the most popular man in history whom seem not to like. Why choose Him of all things that you can use as DP? The questions will keep birthing more questions. So, no need to continue.
The summary is that you're obsessed with religion (Christianity of course, and Jesus) and you spend most of your time here defending your obsession.

If I may ask, why do you hate religion, Christianity and Jesus?

I do not hate Jesus duh

the death of Christ seems ridiculous to me hence the meme you see as my dp. I do not see how that translates to hating Jesus Iam simply skeptical of his divinifty.

I'm far from obsessed with Christianity. I comment on it because it is the dominant religion around where I live and I understand it more.
your summary is wrong.

ciao

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

I do not hate Jesus duh

the death of Christ seems ridiculous to me hence the meme you see as my dp. I do not see how that translates to hating Jesus Iam simply skeptical of his divinifty.

I'm far from obsessed with Christianity. I comment on it because it is the dominant religion around where I live and I understand it more.
your summary is wrong.

ciao
I like your thinking, it's commendable.
@bolded, It's ridiculous cos you can't understand why an omnipotent God can't just forgive all without having to kill Jesus first, right?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 4:44am On Aug 24, 2017
Bolaji21:

I like your thinking, it's commendable.
@bolded, It's ridiculous cos you can't understand why an omnipotent God can't just forgive all without having to kill Jesus first, right?
Yes, she can't understand, it makes no sense and she finds it ridiculous. She also has the right to criticize and talk about it. You labelling her God hater or obsessed is just you think to shy away from the fact that it is actually ridiculous for the creator of the world to love so much senseless drama.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2017
frank317:

Yes, she can't understand, it makes no sense and she finds it ridiculous. She also has the right to criticize and talk about it. You labelling her God hater or obsessed is just you think to shy away from the fact that it is actually ridiculous for the creator of the world to love so much senseless drama.
I prefer her style of responding and I'd rather continue my chat with her. I never said she doesn't have a right and I didn't label her. I only asked simple questions. I'd suggest you stay and observe.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
Bolaji21:

I prefer her style of responding and I'd rather continue my chat with her. I never said she doesn't have a right and I didn't label her. I only asked simple questions. I'd suggest you stay and observe.

She answered ur question... because she found it ridiculous and worth criticising...simple.

It's just like asking someone why he is criticising buhari if the person thinks it's ridiculous for Buhari to leave the country for more than 100 days and come back to act like every thing is ok. Do u think people criticising buhari are obsessed?

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by Bolaji21(m): 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
frank317:

She answered ur question... because she found it ridiculous and worth criticising...simple.

It's just like asking someone why he is criticising buhari if the person thinks it's ridiculous for Buhari to leave the country for more than 100 days and come back to act like every thing is ok. Do u think people criticising buhari are obsessed?
As I said earlier, just observe.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Bolaji21:

As I said earlier, just observe.

Lol...what are u afraid of.

U are asking me to observe like ur are doing anything brilliant. You are repeating the same question even after she answered u in plain language.

And u can't even seen that u have bored the poor girl out... Lol@observe... U de do magic?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You / Why Jesus' Skin Color Matters / Apostle Paul's Brutal Message To Galatian Christians On The Gospel Of Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.