Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise (12293 Views)

Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / How Often Do You Evangelise? / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by OtemAtum: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
edicied:

Oh so those killing in the OT was by who? who asked them to do it for a promise of Milk and honey?
cheesy
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by JackBizzle: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

My brother, thank you for exposing his lies and deceit . Those types of atheists are the Stalins , the Maos , the Hitlers of our time . They would just anything to put people who believe in God especially Christians in harm's way
What about the op?

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by OtemAtum: 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
stephenmorris:
how do u explain this. cc:loj,
That one is small. Just because someone didn't put on a wedding cloth, e.g Aso ebi, fictitious Jesus said that they should cast him in prison and there was WEEPING AND GNASH grin ING OF
T grin grin TH.

Eusebius was definitely drunk when he was modifying that part of the book of Matthew.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
Strawman:

Me fear who? You?

Oya check I've quoted you. Nice one sha, apology accepted. Go and sin no more
My head was actually thinkin another verse grin
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by felixomor: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
Strawman:

Smh now I've been accused of lying.

KingEbukasBlog, felixomor, winner01 etc. if these are the kinds of deluded people you've been arguing with all this while then you've really tried man.

modified: imgur is falling my hands, so I'll just post everything for you

Luke 19
11. While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12. He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13. So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’
14. “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’
15. “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.
16. “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’
17. “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’
18. “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’
19. “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’ . 20. “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21. I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’
22. “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23. Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’
24. “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’
25. “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’
26. “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27. But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

Na so we see am
Greetings brother

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
luvmijeje:
OP, you're confused like your fellow Atheists and I will tell you why. What do they want to evagelise? They have no Constitution. They have have no principles. They have nothing to sell. They have no unique selling point.

Their reason for existence is majorly based on pulling Christianity down. You can't grow with that kind of negative philosophy. You have nothing positive to sell.

Confused elements minus my friend Frank317 and Seun who's working round the clock to resolve my issue.

Lol... Babe,do u still have that ur Ur sweet smile?

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by luvmijeje(f): 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
frank317:

Guy that your scoping no fit work on top my head. Especially now that I've receive Christ as my Lord and personal saviour.

Anyway to issue that matter.. .. .. . How far your writings na? Have you published any book?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
luvmijeje:

Guy that your scoping no fit work on top my head. Especially now that I've receive Christ as my Lord and personal saviour.

Anyway to issue that matter.. .. .. . How far your writings na? Have you published any book?

Am selling on okadabooks for now... Have a couple of stories to write but not really motivated...

Christ or not, I thought u were really cute... Liked Ur smile and complexion. U know a holy sex with ur kind will be worthwhile right? Oops my dirty mind is at it again. Damn!!!
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 1Sharon(f): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
frank317:

Tell me more, Was she not as religious when you knew her or what? And she changed her dressing too?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by mmachi96(f): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
[quote author=superhumanist post=59337675]
I must first state that I am not an atheist but I am a deist. I was enlightened by an atheist when I was a christian and I left the religion.

Having grown up in a religious village, I was exposed to a lot of superstitious beliefs which were sometimes harmful to innocent people. It was an atheist roommate in the city who helped me to understand that life is not kind to ignorant superstitions. I will never forget this roommate of mine who fought with me tirelessly in order to get me to stop doing ignorant things in the name of religion. I hated him in the beginning and now I really respect him.

I still believe in a god but not the christian god or personal god.

I believe that atheists have a role to play in Nigeria even if it only begins on the internet. Atheists could save many people from superstitious rubbish. What if I told you that I regret beating up a child who I thought was a witch? An innocent child. That was who I was when I was deeply religious. My point is that atheists should keep up the arguments and debates. You never know who you could change.

I know some people will disagree with me and that is fine. It is a free world. Peace.[/quote) Congrat on ur new found ignorance....What makes u think that ur new found god is not full of superstitious believes too.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
mmachi96:
Congrat on ur new found ignorance....What makes u think that ur new found god is not full of superstitious believes too.
Oh lawd where do all these d#mb people come from

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
1Sharon:

Tell me more, Was she not as religious when you knew her or what? And she changed her dressing too?
No she wasn't ... She was fun and laughed like an angel. We met in literature section and she used to criticize my write up and helped me come up with better stories. But then she met Jesus and became this crazy delusion person talking about revelations like she was miss John.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 1Sharon(f): 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
frank317:

No she wasn't ... She was fun and laughed like an angel. We met in literature section and she used to criticize my write up and helped me come up with better stories. But then she met Jesus and became this crazy delusion person talking about revelations like she was miss John.

Aww..Lol when was this? Have you seen her pic before?

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by OtemAtum: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2017
1Sharon:

Lol were you a strict christian?

Yes, though partially. I've preached to muslims, been harassed physically by muslims for doing morning cry, etc. The way I turned around and faced my mission overnight is still a mystery to those who knows me offline till date. As in, a fervent Christian slept a Christian, a lover of fictitious Jesus and woke up as a non-Christian and an oppser of fictitious Jesus. My case is similar to this case:

DOCTUFOS: Otem Erectus 94:1-13
1. A homo of the land of Somore-ika named Ituno awoke suddenly from sleep and said, the king Eneyufo was foolish. And the homos of the land gathered to hear Ituno. For they thought that he had become mad.
2. And Ituno said, do not look at me as if I have become mad. For I flew out of this land and out of this time into another time. And I saw how those who had two heads live together with those who have one head peacefully.
3. How do you now judge Eneyufo as a great king when he was so full of ignorance? For the child whom he killed for having two heads and four legs were actually two children who were such together from the womb.
4. Now the elders of the land came together and said among themselves, have we not warned everyone in the town to keep the ugly story away from their children? But some of you have gone to make it known.
5. And the father of Ituno went before them and said, we have told him no story at all. And it is a mystery to us how he got to know of the story. For it was the year when the king died that he was born.
6. And no one told him anything of such.
7. And they invited Ituno to the council of the elders. And they asked him, saying, tell us how did you hear the story of Eneyufo the great king? And Ituno said, Eneyufo was a fool and an ignorant king who did not understand knowledge and he used ignorance to explain deep things.
8. He is evil and deserving of a cruel death for killing the innocent homos in his ignorance while he pretended as if he was wise.
9. Truly no one told me of the story of that wicked king, but I knew it myself when I felt my soul coming out of my body. And I floated and descended upon the hill of Somore-ika. And I saw how the king was killing a creature which has two heads and four legs. And I asked, saying, why do you kill this creature?
10. And he said to me, who are you to question me, Eneyufo the greatest king of Gara? And I said, tell me why you kill this creature. And he came towards me to take me, but I floated away.
11. And I saw myself among those who had those kinds of abnormal creatures in their place. And they said to me that it was an accident in the womb of the mother that is the cause of it and not the curse of the gods.
12. And when I awoke, I told these things to my parents. And when I asked whom Eneyufo was, they said he was the greatest king of this land. And I said, surely, he is the greatest in ignorance and foolishness.
13. Now when Ituno had ended his talk, the elders kicked against him and said, we know that you are not yourself anymore. For you are now mad. Do you need to be told how our great king Eneyufo gathered fifty witches and killed them until they had confessed their evil deeds?
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by adepeter2027(m): 12:33am On Aug 12, 2017
I yaff missed Sha.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by edicied: 12:34am On Aug 12, 2017
1Sharon:

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by 1Sharon(f): 1:10am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by jonbellion(m): 2:43am On Aug 12, 2017
edicied:

Oh lawd where do all these d#mb people come from
bro I don't fukking understand man
I just don't
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 6:55am On Aug 12, 2017
1Sharon:

2014, we met live after my stories in literature section got her interest and I wanted her to read some others and help edit and criticise...she didn't sound all churchy, jst busy. Hmmm

Luvmijeje, please leave this ur Jesus and get control of ur life 'in Jesus name'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by gabe: 7:38am On Aug 12, 2017
chemystery:
i have tried several times to initiate a conversation with him but he keeps ignoring me till date. I can't just start the discussion by stating my current position.
yes you can. just say 'hi, I'm an atheist now n I really want us to share ideas. sorry for all d nasty things I said to u.'
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by chemystery: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2017
gabe:
yes you can. just say 'hi, I'm an atheist now n I really want us to share ideas. sorry for all d nasty things I said to u.'
Thanks, I'll try that smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2017
superhumanist:

I must first state that I am not an atheist but I am a deist. I was enlightened by an atheist when I was a christian and I left the religion.

Having grown up in a religious village, I was exposed to a lot of superstitious beliefs which were sometimes harmful to innocent people. It was an atheist roommate in the city who helped me to understand that life is not kind to ignorant superstitions. I will never forget this roommate of mine who fought with me tirelessly in order to get me to stop doing ignorant things in the name of religion. I hated him in the beginning and now I really respect him.

I still believe in a god but not the christian god or personal god.

I believe that atheists have a role to play in Nigeria even if it only begins on the internet. Atheists could save many people from superstitious rubbish. What if I told you that I regret beating up a child who I thought was a witch? An innocent child. That was who I was when I was deeply religious. My point is that atheists should keep up the arguments and debates. You never know who you could change.

I know some people will disagree with me and that is fine. It is a free world. Peace.

Why should a sane person spend his strength, time and livelihood convincing people that Santa Clause does not exist?

To whose interest?

Some Trash need company in the refuse dump. Even Samsung Phones will be convinced to be part of the refuse. SMH
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by jonbellion(m): 10:31am On Aug 12, 2017
Arsenal fans Aaron ramey has scored again oo
Celebrity lives are in danger cheesy
Cc:KingEbukasBlog, hopefullandlord
The last time he scored against Bayern Chester Bennington lead singer of linkin park died the next day

angry

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by jonbellion(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

Why should a sane person spend his strength, time and livelihood convincing people that Santa Clause does not exist?

To whose interest?

Some Trash need company in the refuse dump. Even Samsung Phones will be convinced to be part of the refuse. SMH
you mean if you see grown ups believing in Santa Claus ave making their life desocions on that belief you wont make it an object of ridicule and show them why that is absurd
Wow
You're a really honest guy
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by peacesamuel94(m): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2017
The atheist only reject the existence of God, they however do not know the origin of the universe, neither can they claim certainty in God's inexistence(because they're not certain). I don't think an ideology like that deserves to be spread, evangelism is done by people who are confident in what They believe not the confused.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by frank317: 10:41am On Aug 12, 2017
jonbellion:
you mean if you see grown ups believing in Santa Claus ave making their life desocions on that belief you wont make it an object of ridicule and show them why that is absurd
Wow
It is obvious that these guys had learnt to stop using their brain. How many adults hi around preaching how good santa Claus is to them and how he will punish them or they don't believe in him. The guys is a huge joke

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2017
jonbellion:
Wow

No!
For something that doesn't exist!
Like masquerades, I don't waste my precious time to convince them that masquerades are not spirits of ancestors but flesh and blood under "multicoloured clothings "

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by hopefulLandlord: 10:54am On Aug 12, 2017
jonbellion:
Arsenal fans Aaron ramey has scored again oo
Celebrity lives are in danger cheesy
Cc:KingEbukasBlog, hopefullandlord
The last time he scored against Bayern Chester Bennington lead singer of linkin park died the next day

angry
Hahahahahahahahaha, so true
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by hopefulLandlord: 10:57am On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

To whose interest?

we don't argue with folks about Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy, because we don't find entire religious movements dedicated to deifying - let alone worshiping - the main characters at the center of any of THESE fables, like we do with the God myth. And the reason we concern ourselves with this myth at all is because of the impact it has - through the great numbers of adherents - on the legal and social landscape of the larger social culture, that we share.
If you lived in a country where the majority of people believed in Santa Claus, you really wouldn't say something about it!?

I have never denied the existence of Santa Claus. I personally prefer him. He's married and treats his wife with respect. I'm pretty sure he brings toys to straight, gay, lesbian and Trans kids. If you are naughty the worst is you get nothing in your stocking.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by shadeyinka(m): 11:11am On Aug 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

we don't argue with folks about Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy, because we don't find entire religious movements dedicated to deifying - let alone worshiping - the main characters at the center of any of THESE fables, like we do with the God myth. And the reason we concern ourselves with this myth at all is because of the impact it has - through the great numbers of adherents - on the legal and social landscape of the larger social culture, that we share.
If you lived in a country where the majority of people believed in Santa Claus, you really wouldn't say something about it!?

I have never denied the existence of Santa Claus. I personally prefer him. He's married and treats his wife with respect. I'm pretty sure he brings toys to straight, gay, lesbian and Trans kids. If you are naughty the worst is you get nothing in your stocking.

What you are simply saying is that you do not agree with the God of Christians because He is Authoritative, Unpliable and Controlling.

You will rather prefer Christians to parade a Toy and Pliable weakling: then there would be peace knowing that the Christian God is of the rank of the Santa Clause.

1 Like

Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by butterflylion: 11:17am On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

What you are simply saying is that you do not agree with the God of Christians because He is Authoritative, Unpliable and Controlling.

You will rather prefer Christians to parade a Toy and Pliable weakling: then there would be peace knowing that the Christian God is of the rank of the Santa Clause.

They want God to be how they decide he should be in their minds as if God is beneath them. God must dance when they say so and cry when they say so. I just laugh at them when I read their comments.

Even our earthly children whom we raised o and sent to school o and paid all the way till they were fully grown end up frequently rebelling against our old fashioned ideas and have a mind of their own even as little children but here he is wanted a diety to submit to him unconditionally.

You just have to laugh at these guys.
Re: Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise by hopefulLandlord: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2017
shadeyinka:

no, I'm responsible for what I type you're responsible for what you interpret and understand from it cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Checkout A Nairalander's Cultural Praise Sunday Attire / Little Things You Do That Will Trigger The Curse Of Hell Fire / What If You Were Left Behind After Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.