Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? (3933 Views)

'Taking Care Of The Vagina Is Not A Small Business' - Lady Says, Man Replies / View:how Involved Should A Guy Be In Catering 4 D Financial Needs Of His Woman? / Can A Guy Be Raped??....if Yes How?....and Where Can I Get Raped Please?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
before going into a relationship a guy and a lady must have come to an agreement and understanding.....................
sometimes they set boundaries, objectives and responsibilities and most times how much effort the guy is to put in taking care of the girlfriend financially is not often discussed........

So nairailanders from a scale of 1-100% how involved do you think the guy being the boyfriend should be in taking care of the lady's financial and material needs ?

For me i believe the guy should be able to take care of 50% of her needs while she and her dad takes care of the other 50%...........
Share your views lets see
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
I will say 50% is fair
Ladies need a lot just to keep up with everyday appearance and most guys will not date an unkept girl
So 50% is OK smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
sunshineG:
I will say 50% is fair
Ladies need a lot just to keep up with everyday appearance and most guys will not date an unkept girl
So 50% is OK smiley

cool!!

Watch and see dem ladies come to say 100% cheesy
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Homeboiy: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
let me wait for the advisers to arrive first tongue tongue
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
thepussyhunter:

cool!!

Watch and see dem ladies come to say 100% cheesy
nope I aint their daddy cheesy
Man way won chop must work
grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Young03(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
If u tell a naija babe u love her, na that day u buy all her problems grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by akaahs(m): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
50%? I never marry her ooo, abeg i carry 25% her parents go carry 50% nd she go carry d remaining 25% after all naija gurls are not to be trusted.

8 Likes

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Young03:
If u tell a naija babe u love her, na that day u buy all her problems grin grin grin grin

so for you na 100% abi
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
akaahs:
50%? I never marry her ooo, abeg i carry 25% her parents go carry 50% nd she go carry d remaining 25% after all naija gurls are not to be trusted.

ah!!

Just 25?
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
sunshineG:
I will say 50% is fair
So 50% is OK smiley
Exactly, they like flashy, well dressed girls, is it not money?

3 Likes

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Flashh: 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
I would only take care of a girlfriend, when I feels like. She can't force me.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Rorachy:
Exactly, they like flashy, well dressed girls, is it not money?
you are right every one wants good things for themselves and most good things in life are not free
Everything has a price and not every price is money
If you want a decent guy that will take care of you and love you what price are you willing to pay to get that

A question most young boys of nowadays are asking
A question many girls of nowadays are unwilling to answer

1 Like

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by annayawchee: 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
undecided10% only..... Are my the only one drilling her soakaway?? Mtssheww
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
annayawchee:
undecided10% only..... Are my the online one drilling her soakaway?? Mtssheww

na wah o

10% only shocked shocked
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
Its only in 9ja a gal will tell her friends she's broke and her friends are like ."Don't u have a bf?"
Me:Heck!!
SMH
Before the money-sucking ladies come for my head
I think 15% is okay.

3 Likes

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by annayawchee: 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
thepussyhunter:

na wah o
10% only shocked shocked
before nko? Am i the only driller?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Forget about all this. It depends on the guy's financial stability. You don't expect a student to send 50 or 25% of the allowance he collects from his parents and siblings to a girl. If you love someone and you also have the financial strength you won't mind giving her your ATM password; I know what I'm saying.

2 Likes

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
Benita27:
Forget about all this. It depends on the guy's financial stability. You don't expect a student to send 50 or 25% of the allowance he collects from his parents and siblings to a girl. If you love someone and you also have the financial strength you won't mind giving her your ATM password; I know what I'm saying.
no to ATM sharing
It is fraud to use someone else's ATM to collect money

3 Likes

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
Mine isn't on percentage. She's still a girlfriend, not wife. I'll help when i can.

7 Likes

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
sunshineG:
no to ATM sharing
It is fraud to use someone else's ATM to collect money
It's not fraud if he gave you himself.
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
humeeh:
Its only in 9ja a gal will tell her friends she's broke and her friends are like ."Don't u have a bf?"
Me:Heck!!
SMH
Before the money-sucking ladies come for my head
I think 15% is okay.

sunshineG are you seeing this

oya comman add her to wifey material list grin
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
thepussyhunter:

That's not it!!
I just suppose its the way it should be.
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
thepussyhunter:

31 right
The list is growing grin
I wanted to add Benita27, cause i am thinking the 27 stands for her age but .....
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
Benita27:
It's not fraud if he gave you himself.
even if it is not entirely fraud
If you are caught with someone else's ATM and the person unfortunately can not be there to clear you
It could get you in trouble
grin
It is the main reason why banks always makes sure ATM can only be collected by the owner of the account
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
sunshineG:
31 right
The list is growing grin
I wanted to add Beni.ta27, cause i am thinking the 27 stands for her age but .....
So my account was created last year, and if we should go by this notion then I should be 28 and not 27. grin

The 27th signifies my date of birth, not age.
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by FILEBE(m): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
Op. I doubt your topic might make front page because of this your moniker. NA u know the work wey dem give u to hunt...

About the topic. I don't think spending should be a problem between two love birds. It should come naturally. If he has, he will give you. If she has also, she will give you. And when she/he doesn't have... Then understand. We know guys are to spend on a ladies. It is like the norm but ladies don't depend sorely on a him, you should also cater to your needs (not oloshoism o). Some ladies make it mandatory for the guy to spend always and that's why he will always want your body always in return because it seems u are just feeding off them. My condolences go to the guys who spends so much with hard labour on a girl and catches the girl cheating. This happens mostly with female corpers.

That being said. I think 50/50 won't be bad if you see a future with her and you are capable. If u are still struggling, 25 or 10 percent is okay.

did i speak the mind of someone too?

2 Likes

Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Benita27:
So my account was created last year, and if we should go by this notion then I should be 28 and not 27. grin

The 27th signifies my date of birth, not age.
anyway I still think you are in your mid 20s
Investigation is ongoing to ascertain that grin
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
sunshineG:
even if it is not entirely fraud
If you are caught with someone else's ATM and the person unfortunately can not be there to clear you
It could get you in trouble
grin
It is the main reason why banks always makes sure ATM can only be collected by the owner of the account
Banks make sure only owners should collect their cards for security reasons but that doesn't mean the password can't be shared.
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
Benita27:

i'm actually mean like on an average scale or something on "mature relationships"..................

And i know that too.............my ex had the password of one of my atms but then i set a boundary her.............

Maybe for a student he can cater for lets say 5% but for da working class i believe 50% should be enough as shes not yet my wife grin

hope you get
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
sunshineG:
anyway I still think you are in your mid 20s
Investigation is ongoing to assertion that grin
mid 20s is 25. You could be right but I won't say.
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
Benita27:
Banks make sure only owners should collect their cards for security reasons but that doesn't mean the password can't be shared.
that is whole point for the security reasons, for confidential purpose but you can disobey and share your password at your own risk
However, anyone caught with another person's ATM can be prosecuted.
Re: How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
sunshineG:
31 right
The list is growing grin
I wanted to add Benita27, cause i am thinking the 27 stands for her age but .....

no o

dont add her o

shes in my personal list already......dont want anyone adding her to the public list grin

and ermm shes 26 same age as we are............
Trust me.............i'm 85% sure

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South African Blacks Are So Useless / Man Caught his girlfriend with Another Man inside Kfc, Slaps the man / Do You Know The Number Of Sex Of Japanese Couples?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.