Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511482 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
House, please, do we need to have our money staying in our account after application or can we spend? grin

Do you need to have the exact POF in your account before you can apply?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Triv:
My people God has done it o! PPR!!! Finally, wow finally!!!

My timeline

AOR feb 10th
MP March 10th
NBG March 11th
NA2 April 28th
IP2 August 2nd
PPR August 21st

Goodluck everyone especially my feb/ London VO people. The wait wasn't easy

Congratulations, London is taking this 6 months thing seriously o, shior!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
To you...WES sends an electronic copy to IRCC.
domvic:
should it be sent to me or IRCC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
closetextrovert:

Do you already have your Banker's reference and SOA stating your balance as the equivalent of $25,000? If you do, i personally think you can go ahead and submit but make sure to top it up at the end of the month just incase they request POF again afterwards. There is really no way for CIC to know what your present balance is without you sending the proof to them.

We have from over a month ago so we need a current one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
okay whats the exchange rate they charged you i can use it to calculate mine. guess is somewhere around N300/1cad
Canadianfly:

Mba oh. Thought you were asking for $233.91 CAD. I opted to send mine to a Canadian address.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by LordSebastian: 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
Yup I do. But I don't think it has anything to do with that. I know someone who has never been to the UK and the person's file sits helplessly, tucked away in oblivion in London VO.

perks:
For those whose applications have been sent to London VO, can u confirm if u have travel history to the UK? @onlineise, et al.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abbylee: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Wow. Thanks for this. Like how long should this breeze blowing period be? Or should we just wait till he gets the PR, then he can apply for me?

Thanks

bigfido:

For the love of Christ, do not get married before you submit you application. It will reduce your point. Submit your application, wait let breeze blow on it before you marry. Then notify them. My friend got married because he got ITA.. Lol the rejection after waiting 6 months no be here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Justiyke4u:
okay whats the exchange rate they charged you i can use it to calculate mine. guess is somewhere around N300/1cad

Okay. It was N70,862 exactly. Divide that by $233.91
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by LordSebastian: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
I know for sure that Q-Life is a cheaper option compared to IOM. Last I checked, Q-Life for an adult is 28k while IOM is about 40k or so.

Nwandy218:
Hello Fam,
For medicals, please whic of these is best in terms of costs and speed of process for those residing in Lagos. I don't want to spend a whole day at the clinic. Please what are their various costs for children and adults.

Thanks.

1. Children's practice
2. Q-life clinic
3. IOM Ikeja

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
thanks that will give me roughly 84k
Canadianfly:

Okay. It was N70,862 exactly. Divide that by $233.91
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
abiriba:
house am creating another profile after d first one one was found ineligible cos of Noc.
do I need to say yes were they ask if I v applied to express entry before

The answer is NO, ur account wasn't created at all not to talk of registering on their portal grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
LordSebastian:
I know for sure that Q-Life is a cheaper option compared to IOM. Last I checked, Q-Life for an adult is 28k while IOM is about 40k or so.

We used Children's practice. It was N28,000 each

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Justiyke4u:
please house i have another question. i am feeling iqas form right now and they are asking the day/month/year my program began and i cant remember this but only the year and month
Check your school receipts and other documents you used then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by abiriba: 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
mummy jaygirls

I was done with filling d forms and submitted before a message was sent to my account concerning d noc.
I v different job experiences with different noc codes, I don't really know if I should just choose d one that only applies to my primary occupation instead of listing all my job experiences
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
Abbylee:
Wow. Thanks for this. Like how long should this breeze blowing period be? Or should we just wait till he gets the PR, then he can apply for me?

Thanks

No o.. Don't wait for him to get PR o.. Please hold his trouser like 2 weeks after AOR, drag him to court, put a ring on that finger, then raise a CSE notifying them about the marriage. They will ask you to submit your details then. But please make sure he has submitted, gotten AOR before your marriage date. Very important. If you wait for him to get PR before applying, menopause fit don reach before you see your husband again grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
bigfido:

No o.. Don't wait for him to get PR o.. Please hold his trouser like 2 weeks after AOR, drag him to court, put a ring on that finger, then raise a CSE notifying them about the marriage. They will ask you to submit your details then. But please make sure he has submitted, gotten AOR before your marriage date. Very important. If you wait for him to get PR before applying, menopause fit don reach before you see your husband again grin

Hahahaha this post made me laugh so badly!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
Canadianfly:

So what happens to folks like me that are anti social media? The only social media presence I have is a scanty Facebook profile that has nothing but an alias of my real name. What would they think when nothing comes up for me on LinkedIn, IG and the rest?

LoL!!!! @anti social media. Its just an extra measure they take to confirm the information provided by applicants .

They wont hold it against you if they dont find anything about you on these social media platforms. But for people who are active on these platforms, they need to ensure that their story checks out. I have heard of people who have received ADR and subsequently banned because the info on their application contradicts the info on their social media pages and were not able to clarify the discrepancy to the VO's satisfaction.

Moral of the story guys is that the internet is a double edged sword and it never forgets.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
Abbylee:

Thanks

LMAO @ "breeze blowing period" grin grin grin grin grin
I think anytime after eApr, or just wait till his status has changed to medicals passed. Let the experienced ones comment also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
bigfido:

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
MRSDA:

We have from over a month ago so we need a current one.

Oh! you definitely have to have the equivalent of $25,000 in your account before you submit your application then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
What is SOA? Is the Banker's ref supposed to state that the balance is equivalent to the required POF? My own letter doesn't make any reference to that but it states my balance and the 6 months average, while in my LOE, I attached the Oando converstion that I used to get the equivalent.
closetextrovert:

Do you already have your Banker's reference and SOA stating your balance as the equivalent of $25,000? If you do, i personally think you can go ahead and submit but make sure to top it up at the end of the month just incase they request POF again afterwards. There is really no way for CIC to know what your present balance is without you sending the proof to them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
bigfido:

cheesy cheesy cheesy this one is by fire by force cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by closetextrovert: 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
yimiton:
What is SOA? Is the Banker's ref supposed to state that the balance is equivalent to the required POF? My own letter doesn't make any reference to that but it states my balance and the 6 months average, while in my LOE, I attached the Oando converstion that I used to get the equivalent.

SOA is statement of account.

Below is what is required to be in your banker's ref by CIC.

“The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include;
1. the applicant’s name

2.the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address)

3.the account numbers

4.the date each account was opened and

5.the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months”. 

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
veleta:
@Derel,pharmacy degree is assessed by PEBC, type Pinkygrace in the search button, she gave a detailed process on that.God bless her soul.

Thank you I have read it. Aside from the evaluation, does she need to register and write an exam? Its not clear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
closetextrovert:

Oh! you definitely have to have the equivalent of $25,000 in your account before you submit your application then.

Entrepreneurial challenges. They should wait, money is coming!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
bigfido:

Hahahahaha! This guy sef Lmao cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
I need more clarification on the POF please. Do we have to leave the funds in the account after showing it?? My hubby has this idea that the money is untouchable after showing it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by atigro(m): 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
closetextrovert:

For question 2, you wont be asked for what you didnt input in your form. So if you are certain that your current employer will give you work reference to cover the period of your nysc, then you are free to put your present work experience as 3yrs.

HOWEVER, YOU HAVE TO ENSURE THAT THIS INFO IS INLINE WITH THE INFORMATION YOU PUT ON ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, FROM FACEBOOK PROFILE TO LINKEDIN, INSTAGRAM ETC. CIC has been known to get information about applicants through these open source channels.

Cheers and all the best.

Wow shocked see free expos3é. Thanks for this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
bigfido:

Abeg explain this one well for me like ABC...

So you mean, once AOR has been gotten, then we can marry and notify them? Would they still be able to add him into the application? Will it reduce my initial CRS? Abeg explain gimme, my eyes dey screen!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Only1babadee: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
A quick one house, this is quiet peculiar, I am prime for an ITA based on my IELTS scores and what I am able to get on CRS calculator, only ECA is delaying my submission, however I have a daughter, though not married(Never married), I will want to include my daughter, the mother is cool with it and we have no custody issue (She's married to someone else), is it advisable to do that? Won't questions be raised?
Please advise on how best to approach this.
NB: She' 10yrs old.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Only1babadee: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
A quick one house, this is quite peculiar, I am prime for an ITA based on my IELTS scores and what I am able to get on CRS calculator, only ECA is delaying my submission, however I have a daughter, though not married(Never married), I will want to include my daughter, the mother is cool with it and we have no custody issue (She's married to someone else), is it advisable to do that? Won't questions be raised?
Please advise on how best to approach this.
NB: She' 10yrs old.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
DereI:

Abeg explain this one well for me like ABC...

So you mean, once AOR has been gotten, then we can marry and notify them? Would they still be able to add him into the application? Will it reduce my initial CRS? Abeg explain gimme, my eyes dey screen!!!
Once AOR has been got, the scores are locked in, adding spouse then won't affect your scores, they just need to show pof for two people, medicals and pay PR fees and rights.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.