Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506263 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2017
area74:
Please nairalanders,

How will my status be treated, I have a son with a woman but we have not formalised the union at the registry. We only did mini nikhai in islamic way.

Can I claim to be single and unmarried since they won't be accompanying me?

Thank you.

Umu nwoke grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yetunde84: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations to all those who got there PPR today.

Please is there anyone of you from the London VO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
Wow! Some inspirational writing up there @ revlane. How would they give you 6.5 for writing in the first place? grin

Congrats once again man. May your journey be smooth from now on. Your testimony has just started
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CannyMode: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
elfmann:

Cc: cannymode

Thanks I've done that already waiting for their reply. The wait is really killing, it's as if I have not tried already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
revlane:
Guys abeg
I have a friend who wants to start this PR journey but he stammers. How can he go about IELTS speaking test?
Any advice please, will the examiners understand.

I stammer very very noticeably too so I can help.

For days before the test I kept repeating to myself to be calm so it was ingrained in my subconscious to not rush my words.

On my way to work I would practice giving a speech slowly but not too slowly oh.

The day of the test I ensured that I was calm and when I started talking I made conscious efforts to take my time to speak the words fully but not too slowly so I don't come across as "slow upstairs". I still stammered two or three times but it was not so bad because I got 8 in Speaking.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by revlane: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
geebaby10:

I stammer very very noticeably too so I can help.

For days before the test I kept repeating to myself to be calm so it was ingrained in my subconscious to not rush my words.

On my way to work I would practice giving a speech slowly but not too slowly oh.

The day of the test I ensured that I was calm and when I started talking I made conscious efforts to take my time to speak the words fully but not too slowly so I don't come across as "slow upstairs". I still stammered two or three times but it was not so bad because I got 8 in Speaking.

Are you kidding, I got 7 in speaking with my Yoruba English fluent accent. Thanks this is indeed helpful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by abbeykun: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
revlane:

Wish you the best bro, give the exam your best and try not to panic during the exam. It causes loss of concentration. It will end in praise

From his post, he actually wrote the exam 2 weeks ago...so, he's awaiting results tomorrow. BTW, congrats on your amazing story...Best Wishes!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CannyMode: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
geebaby10:

Please what's the e-mail address?

Oh thanks, I'll do just that, hopefully we will all hear good news soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by revlane: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
SegunWamiri:
Wow! Some inspirational writing up there @ revlane. How would they give you 6.5 for writing in the first place? grin

Congrats once again man. May your journey be smooth from now on. Your testimony has just started

I believe along with some of my predecessors here that those examiners can be bewitched. You just need prayer to resist the devil and he shall fleeee.
I have seen people with surprising upgrades in IELTS after remark.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by revlane: 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
abbeykun:

From his post, he actually wrote the exam 2 weeks ago...so, he's awaiting results tomorrow. BTW, congrats on your amazing story...Best Wishes!!

I had no idea, so I change the advice to prayer for him. Good success IJN.
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CannyMode: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=revlane post=61785932]Finally God has answered my prayers. Woke up this morning to PPR mail.
Don't even know how s to start, its a dream come true. I will tell my story later.

PPR October 26

congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phemmi1: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Sugaro:
NO, but they usually will "say your documents have been reviewed and will be forwarded to ECFMG" , this should take place within 3days or so. U can then call them to know when they sent it and follow up like aftr 4-5wks with ur school

Am I to call ECFMG or MCC. Please do you have their contact. Thankss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by linuslynx: 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
This is more than motivating, weldone and congrats @revlane and pray to share my story too someday soon. Still battling with IELTS and ECA at the moment.

revlane:
My PPR story.
I am not a fan of travelling so I invested in professional and academic qualifications with an MBA, MSc and chartered qualification, I couldn't achieve my goals. So from the the days of Zandora and Dupsyshoo, I joined to read and just read updates for several months. I wrote IELTS with contribution money and requested for remark when my writing was scored 6.5 and later it was upgraded to 7.5
My WES was smooth with help from a friend who paid part of it. I started this journey as a trial and ran to Australia nairaland because of POF. I came back when the process wasn't favourable.
It became more real with ITA on March 1 but the worse happened. I lost all the money I raised for POF to Ponzi Schemes between February and April. From GHW to MMM, all my life savings was gone. And to make maters worse, I lost my job too.
Life became meaningless and I was in debt so I relocated back to stay with my parents and they have been feeding me.
From giving people money, I could no longer afford recharge card and I scampered around for POF. I submitted my application 6days to deadline.
I was stuck later because my POF showed review required in my GCMS. Its was written in capital letters that THE PA HAS FALLEN BELOW REQUIRED POF OF 12,300. And my case was left to pure discretion of the Visa officer and the hand of God.
Today its PPR because I never gave up, I knew my downfall wasn't the end of my life and that someday I will smile again.
Nothing can stop you except you chose to stop.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by lovetree: 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hello good people.....congrats to all PPR recipients.

Please people....I've been trying to get my transcript from UNILORIN now for almost 2 months but it's from one story to the other. Please is there any UNILORIN alumni that can help me with someone to contact over there to speed things up. Plsssss.

Congrats once again to PPR people. So happy for you guys .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2017
lovetree:
Hello good people.....congrats to all PPR recipients.

Please people....I've been trying to get my transcript from UNILORIN now for almost 2 months but it's from one story to the other. Please is there any UNILORIN alumni that can help me with someone to contact over there to speed things up. Plsssss.

Congrats once again to PPR people. So happy for you guys .

Better by far alumni here grin You can PM me.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cecegal: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Congrats Revlane,

What an inspirational comeback this is for me I stopped coming here and the Aussie thread too because I was tired of getting depressed everytime I try to make headway and yet fall straight back on the ground.

God bless you for this sincerity and post I know that I shall share mine someday soon.You just lifted a soul.

More of God's hand of favour all the way.

quote author=revlane post=61793351]My PPR story.
I am not a fan of travelling so I invested in professional and academic qualifications with an MBA, MSc and chartered qualification, I couldn't achieve my goals. So from the the days of Zandora and Dupsyshoo, I joined to read and just read updates for several months. I wrote IELTS with contribution money and requested for remark when my writing was scored 6.5 and later it was upgraded to 7.5
My WES was smooth with help from a friend who paid part of it. I started this journey as a trial and ran to Australia nairaland because of POF. I came back when the process wasn't favourable.
It became more real with ITA on March 1 but the worse happened. I lost all the money I raised for POF to Ponzi Schemes between February and April. From GHW to MMM, all my life savings was gone. And to make maters worse, I lost my job too.
Life became meaningless and I was in debt so I relocated back to stay with my parents and they have been feeding me.
From giving people money, I could no longer afford recharge card and I scampered around for POF. I submitted my application 6days to deadline.
I was stuck later because my POF showed review required in my GCMS. Its was written in capital letters that THE PA HAS FALLEN BELOW REQUIRED POF OF 12,300. And my case was left to pure discretion of the Visa officer and the hand of God.
Today its PPR because I never gave up, I knew my downfall wasn't the end of my life and that someday I will smile again.
Nothing can stop you except you chose to stop.[/quote]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Cecegal: 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2017
In other news heard SINP has been opened since 5pm.

https://immigration.saskatchewan.ca/apex/f?p=305:101:51646040083:::::

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
revlane:

Wish you the best bro, give the exam your best and try not to panic during the exam. It causes loss of concentration. It will end in praise

Thanks, although I have already taken the exams, expecting the results tomorrow. And I am not a bro grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
revlane:
Finally God has answered my prayers. Woke up this morning to PPR mail.
Don't even know how s to start, its a dream come true. I will tell my story later.

Timeline
AOR May 25
ADR Schedule A June 30
Medical Passed July 4
NA2 July 5
ADR RPRF September 29
RPRF Paid October 1
IP2 October 18
PPR October 26

To God be the glory.
Thanks to everyone one. I want to mention names but una too much.

So I dey Ibadan but can't find where to take the passport photo with stamp. Any suggestion or should it be hand written?
wow.... Congratulations I celebrate with you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
Canadianfly:

For real. I screamed when I saw her post. Lol like say I know her in real life grin

Another person I'm rooting for silently is MRSDA.
As in en.... Meeee toooooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
seakomol:
I am so excited this morning.

ITA - 17th May 2017
AOR- 26th Jul 2017
MEDICALS- 6th Aug 2017
ADR - 20th Sept 2017
ADR UPLOADED (FBI PCC) - 21st Sept 2017
IP2 - 28th Sept 2017
PPR - 25th October, 2017
Wow... Congratulations. Nice one
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Yes read as in r. e.a.d.....
How----by scrolling through and reading the details of his journey from start to ppr.
Let's see!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4Barr: 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
Cecegal:

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
Evening house. Pls i am a bit worried.

i want to evaluate my transcript with iquas but my concern is that i requested and collected it myself few months ago. Can anyone help on knowing how to go about it? Can it pose any challenge.

I found this on thier website:

Use the Request of Academic Records Form (0.8 MB) to request that the issuing institution send your transcripts / statement of marks directly to IQAS.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
smslive2:
Haaaaaa.... This story make person cry o.

It can only be God!

this is ur second crying in one day... Are m or f
U r very sensitive o if u r truly male.
U like shoessss abi
U have to b metrosexual. Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
revlane:
My PPR story.
Nothing can stop you except you chose to stop.
wow.... Sniff Sniff...
This is truly inspiring.... U r strong too....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
good evening house.

login just to bless God for you Sleekysleek.

congratulations,may Gods name be praised forever
please I hope you will still be available to help us as u always do, u always respond to my questions and I appreciate u so much.

The land of Canada will favour you. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bambam4you: 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

What website did you see and start the process? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tspice2015(f): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations to all those who received PPR today/yesterday. For those of us waiting we will all receive our golden mail before this month ends, in Jesus Name, Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bambam4you: 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
Wow. Different people with different experience. Mine was hitch free however. I even applied for My self (change of name) and mum (renewal) and I didnt have any problem whatsoever.

Doesn't work. You still have to go there and settle them. That's how I lost 20k for myself and older son. They said I paid into Abuja account while Abuja said I paid into Lagos account. No one agreed to help me. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
Evening house. Pls i am a bit worried.

i want to evaluate my transcript with iquas but my concern is that i requested and collected it myself few months ago. Can anyone help on knowing how to go about it? Can it pose any challenge.

I found this on thier website:

Use the Request of Academic Records Form (0.8 MB) to request that the issuing institution send your transcripts / statement of marks directly to IQAS.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.