Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1510723 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sweetrie(f): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2017
esosa4real:

Pls PM me let me Add u! We have created one which is still in the works because we need more docs especially those working already in Canada so we can share first hand information and ideas.

NB: For contact with Licensed Canadian doctors, (that's difficult cos the one I ve approached is truly busy)
Good morning. I sent you a pm pls. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 2abet(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2017
Hello.. Pls help, is there anyone here looking to go with the SINP program... How's the apegs processing? What and what do i need? How easy is it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddu: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2017
Abol4luv:
Abol4luv@yahoo.com. Thank you, highly appreciate

Pls., check ur email.
Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by xtreme07(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2017
Rooneyboy:

i have also replied you.

its xtreme07 bro, i just called.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 9:27am On Sep 01, 2017
You already have what it takes lol.

DereI:
Hello e-Family, kindly advice.

Should I apply for a remarking or re-register for Ielts?

L - 8
W - 7.5
S - 7.5
R- 7.5

Has anyone been lucky to get an upgrade in Listening?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Patterns18: 9:28am On Sep 01, 2017
Dear Great people, Please I need assistance with getting South African Police Clearance Certificate. I will appreciate all the advice I can get. Tnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Rooneyboy(m): 9:41am On Sep 01, 2017
xtreme07:
its xtreme07 bro, i just called.
Thank you.

okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bankole1790: 9:43am On Sep 01, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Pls refer to the page 0 of this thread. All the answers u seek are extensively discussed on d posted links.
In this sojourn, u must have to read and even do self motivated research...
Welkom on board the thread.
Thank you,but trust me I have read everything. I only want to ask how I will go about the assessment of my Credentials.As an accountant which assessing body will be suitable to assess my result? And should I present both Ond and Bsc For assessment?Do I need my certificate or just the result statement and the transcript?Pls explain to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 9:46am On Sep 01, 2017
Yes, because I felt like I didn't really study in the UK since I didn't go there at all. It is the university that is there and only made use of their distance learning platform. It depends on individual perception sha, not cast in stone.

(Correspondence) in front of university name.

MRSDA:

So you put in Nigeria as your country of study, where did you put the correspondence?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sexymj(f): 9:49am On Sep 01, 2017
has anyone had issues with a local govt issued marriage certificate?

40manlappy:

I don't think you should worry too much about the ECA; that can be explained in your PR application. In my opinion, a properly worded letter of explanation and/or affidavit should take care of the above concerns. Please let others also weigh in on this....

cc: perks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 9:57am On Sep 01, 2017
Abby2017:
Yes, because I felt like I didn't really study in the UK since I didn't go there at all. It is the university that is there and only made use of their distance learning platform. It depends on individual perception sha, not cast in stone.

(Correspondence) in front of university name.

OK thank you. Hubby went there a couple of times, and also for graduation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 10:02am On Sep 01, 2017
40manlappy:

If I am not mistaken, you already have CLB 9 with this. Congratulations!

What are you waiting for? If you have gotten ECA, take a dive into the pool already cheesy

My mistake. I scored 7 in Listening
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 10:02am On Sep 01, 2017
funshobabs:
You already have what it takes lol.

My mistake. Scored 7 in listening
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:08am On Sep 01, 2017
Abol4luv:
Hello people, finally saw my result but the listening is d least (6.5) which is d most important. The good news is that I registered for two ielts which would be next week Saturday.
Plz does anyone has ielts study materials? I need it seriously as the test is nxt wk. Also, what is the least score expected from a spouse?
Long post alert.

For spouse, LRSW 8,7,7,7 gives maximum point but 7.5,7,7,7 is fairly good too, you'd only lose 2 points.

To the main gist. In addition to what ddu sends you, please pm yetunde84, she has made several calls on those needing help/study materials to pm her. You can explore her materials too.

That said, let me throw in some suggestions you might find helpful.

First of all, while you are practicing, you have to be sincere with yourself during and after the practice. By during I mean, be sure not to hit the pause or rewind button. You might miss an answer or you actually heard the answer but not clearly, do not be tempted to rewind the tape. For the after, you should mark your script to detail, if the answer is in plural form and you wrote the singular form, please mark yourself wrong. You also have to mark yourself wrong if you missed the spelling or even just an alphabet/figure in the instances where the word or numbers are spelt out. Essence of this is to pick your weak spot. If you don’t mark these cases wrong, you won’t know you have a weakness there, you might see it as just a number or alphabet wrong in midst of 7 or 8 numbers/alphabets but the truth is, if you make such mistake during the actual test, you will be marked wrong. It’s best you pick where you have weakness and work on same before the actual test.

Secondly, Practice as much as you can. I found that it worked for me not to note the correct answers in questions I got wrong. Just mark and move on, do several other test with same strategy. Then maybe a day or two after, come back to take the test again, chances are high that you’d almost get the same answers you got the previous time. After the second trial, preferably the third, try analyze the questions you got wrong. Advantage of this is that you’d be able to pick the type of questions that gives you problem. Once you pick the type(s), finds ways to improve yourself in that particular area. For me, I found that the multiple choice questions where you have options of say A – G and you are to pick three answers (in no particular order) for three questions gives me problems. Subsequently, once I came across that type of question, I would eliminate or tick as the tape rolls by. In most cases, by the end of the questions, I would have ticks 2 answers, eliminated about three then left with 2 options – more often than not, one of the two will have a half mark sign while the other is left blank or I’d have marked the two half. If I have one half sign, I go with that but if I have two half signs, I leave both then return at the end of that session to analyze both. What I do initially was to listen out to the whole talk then pick answers afterwards. That way, some options will be staring at you like they are right.

Thirdly, be sure to pay attention to instruction, do not write more than the required number of words.

Fourthly, it’s advised you write your answers in capital letters – more so if you feel your writing is not legible.

Lastly, you need maximum attention. You should consider keeping your eyes on two questions at a time, that way, you’d know you’ve missed an answer than you waiting to hear the answer when another answer has been mentioned.

I have only enumerated what I found helpful, not like these are gospel truth.

I wish you success in your next attempt.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2017
Bankole1790:

Thank you,but trust me I have read everything. I only want to ask how I will go about the assessment of my Credentials.As an accountant which assessing body will be suitable to assess my result? And should I present both Ond and Bsc For assessment?Do I need my certificate or just the result statement and the transcript?Pls explain to me.
cochtrane has responded to you. His post is concise enough to see you through. Check page 79, post made at 7:36am

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lamgirl: 10:29am On Sep 01, 2017
@40manlappy, I hv PM u. Kindly reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bankole1790: 10:40am On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

Haha. I guess you got a taste of welcome on board this thread already. It's good advice though, I have to tell you. That first page is even better than the former one. A lot of thought was put into it by the creators, so it's understandable that they find it irritating when someone lands here and asks the most obtuse question. There's a video going around the internet where one father was caught spewing "Jesus is Lord!" to his child's indiscretion. You know that vid? How that father felt there and then? That's how it feels sometimes when one sees these enervating questions, lol.

However, I'll try at this instant to answer your questions.

It's good that you have an aunt there. You'll get more points on express entry for that. And yes, she has given you the best advice.

With the little I garner from your small profile, you should qualify easily and get PR. But there's a lot of work involved. It requires patience and fortitude.

You need to send your certificates to WES for evaluation. Please make sure to send ALL your certificates. You never know which could turn out beneficial. Send your BSc, OND, ATS (if you have) and ICAN. You'll have to get your university to send your transcripts, your polytechnic to send your transcripts and ICAN to send your transcripts, all to WES.

If you can manage to get them delivered quickly, that's perfect. If you have them already and they are still sealed and stamped like the university delivered them to you, you can send them on straight to WES for evaluation. Check here for more details www.wes.org/ca/

And yes, you have to write IELTS general training. You can't avoid it. It's a requirement for express entry, else they can't tell if you are able to speak good English. Forget you have lived with English for years and also typed that question above in English. It don't matter to them. They still need some sort of reassurance that you won't burst into Canada and start blabbing away in Yoruba or Igbo or whatever your Nigerian tongue is. So, IELTS it is.

It doesn't stop there. You not only have to write IELTS, you also need to obtain a very good score. Around 8 in listening, 7 in reading, 7 in writing and 7 in speaking. Check here for more details on that www.ielts.org

In summary, you need your credentials evaluated with WES (you obtain what's called ECA) and you need proof that you speak English (Good IELTS score).

If you have more questions, post it here. I'm sure someone will be generous enough to answer, even if it's stupid. But I can't assure you another won't tell you to go back to page 0 sha. And that's for the right reasons.

Awwww,Thank you so much.God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2017
Lamgirl:
@40manlappy, I hv PM u. Kindly reply

I have replied you twice. Please check your inbox again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by nonnycn12: 11:10am On Sep 01, 2017
@Derel,
dat is d max CLB10! CONGRATS!
pls procced into d pool already wt ur ECA if uve done dat
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ENGRDUDU89(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2017
I am very grateful for what GOD has done for me,
L= 7.5
R= 7.0
W= 7.0
S= 7.5
After spending 136k(second attempt) baba GOD am not greedy I will take the score like that. If only listening can be 8.0.
I just want to thank everyone for your advices and suggestions.I greet you all grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Naffyfera: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2017
esosa4real:

Pls PM me let me Add u! We have created one which is still in the works because we need more docs especially those working already in Canada so we can share first hand information and ideas.

NB: For contact with Licensed Canadian doctors, (that's difficult cos the one I ve approached is truly busy)
Please can you add me to d group. I will really appreciate that. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2017
Congrats!
Jugdement:
My wonderful people & fellow nairalanders!

Thanks to all that have contributed to this database of knowledge.

PPR at last!!!

ITA - May 17
Application Submitted - Aug 10 (I Submitted application with LOE & evidence of request for the FBI PCC)
AOR- Aug 10
MED Pass - Aug 22
ADR(FBI PCC for Spouse) - Aug 22 (Given 60days to upload).
FBI PCC uploaded to CIC profile - Aug 22
IP1 - Aug 23
2nd ADR (RPRF) - Aug 30
RPRF paid and reciept uploaded - Aug 30
NA - Did not see this status or maybe application went straight to IP2, as it was still at IP1 morning of the 31st
IP2 - Aug 31
PPR -Aug 31

Now i can allow CIC's website to rest grin

Best wishes to all still waiting......... God Almighty shall surely make it happen soon.

Note - Family size - 4, Decent travel history, Zero history of visa rejection for self & spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bedemy: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2017
Justiyke4u:
LAWYERS IN THE HOUSE CAN DO THIS AS WELL

I'm sorry for quoting you, just wanted to use your message. Thanks

Yes please. I am in

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 11:46am On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

Then she has to get along by force with the vial or straw, lol grin

Seriously though, I doubt CIC will allow her file PR for the child without the father's approval/consent, married or not married. It could have serious legal implications in the future for them and they'll want to avoid that.

Except of course she declares the child adopted and not from a relationship. In which case, she has to tender adoption papers. And if one-half of the child belongs to a sperm bank, a quality one I hope, she has to tender papers from them which the sperm donor has signed to relinquish all rights to any child brought forth by the power of his liquid explosion (read in Borat's voice!) grin

A final Hitlerian solution is to simply choose "Never Married" and not mention the child. Bam! Then she goes to Canada and abandons the child to the harsh and despicable Nigerian weather. Problem solved.

Hahahahaha! I can't stop laughing. You are a case. I'm actually lost for words....you win. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2017
Please those that checked their ielts result, how did u do it, someone I know can't access hers. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bedemy: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2017
bedemy:

Yes please. I am in

I have just created a whatsapp group for lawyers, send me a PM if you are interested

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
bedemy:

Yes please. I am in
someone should pick up the mantle

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
MummyJaygirls:
Please those that checked their ielts result, how did u do it, someone I know can't access hers. Thanks
Let her check that passport number is entered correctly, the alphabet be in capital. If passport number and candidate number are entered correctly, then the undesired might have occurred - test result held for QA/QC. If result is held for QA/QC, she will be notified via mail before today runs out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddymples: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
tnx

bbaby84:

That part comes after you receive an ITA.
Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddymples: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
thank u.

redocean:

You are not required to fill details of your children on the EE profile, only state size of family (including yourself). Children's details will be collected after ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
nonnycn12:
@Derel,
dat is d max CLB10! CONGRATS!
pls procced into d pool already wt ur ECA if uve done dat

Not really. L - 7
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

On the British Council website, click CHECK RESULT, input date of birth, candidate's number, Passport number and submit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.