Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511725 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

400-and-something grin

Okay. Serious. It's hard to say, as it depends on scores of people in the pool. I extrapolated earlier from scores as at August 17. But since there is likely to be about 3 draws between now and then, cut-off will possibly hover around 430-440. Depends; barring any rule changes.

If there will be less draws between now and then, maybe only one, then cut-off could go higher than 450 or get into the late 440s. The one time cut-off went really high between draws this year (36 point increase from 413 to 449), we had about 28 days between the draws. That's the highest number of days between draws since.
Lol @ 400 and something. I advised a family friend to enter the pool as her score is 436 if her husband takes the IELTS, He is taking the test come Sept 30. She just got her own IELTS result and is worried it won't drop low enough for her to cash in with her husband's result. Personally I think she stands a good chance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2017
bigfido:

I truly do feel sorry for your plight. Please to aviod stories that will cause future issues for you, get his consent if you can. You don't want a man writing the embassy requesting for his son or even suing after you have traveled. At that point, it will be clear you have misrepresented and we know how they deal with misrepresentation. My advice is you should talk to a proper immigration lawyer to guide you on your options. Don't let our guessing here put you into trouble in the future. Whether he takes responsibility or not, he is still the father of the boy.

Cheers

Bros biggy abeg make i put mouth here.

CIC has only the following categories... Single/Married/Separated/Divorced/Widowed. There's no space for "Complicated/Ex-lover/BabyDaddy!"

All she has to do is simply fill single (unless they were at some point married, then any of the other legal definitions (separated/divorced) will apply). And she is legally free to include her son as a dependant. He does afterall have a birth certificate that states father and mother, so d woman isnt misrepresenting any detail. Where trouble will exist is if she intentionally mis-states his paternity on the birth certificate...by leaving him out or using someone else (which is another story).

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seun1216: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hey people, I didn't do well in ielts. LRSW 5,4.5,7,6 (overall 6). However, hubby as the PA has 8 in listening which brings our score to 461. Is there any need for me to write the test again and hope it won't affect us?

Anybody with similar experience in the house?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Underwoodd: 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2017
Underwoodd:
Hello, please will Accra visa office send a mail when they get the passport?

@40manlappy please can you help with this? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
Seun1216:
Hey people, I didn't do well in ielts. LRSW 5,4.5,7,6 (overall 6). However, hubby as the PA has 8 in listening which brings our score to 461. Is there any need for me to write the test again and hope it won't affect us?

U guys r fine. CRS of 461 will get u guys ITA in d next draw. Dive into the pool ASAP. Cheers

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seun1216: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
[Hope we wont be penalised for my low score in reading (4.5) after the ITA?quote author=perks post=60036451]

U guys r fine. CRS of 461 will get u guys ITA in d next draw. Dive into the pool ASAP. Cheers [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2017
Underwoodd:
Hello, please will Accra visa office send a mail when they get the passport?

No. You are not likely to get any communication from them until pick-up mail.

If you had used DHL, delivery can be tracked online.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by calfy: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
Seun1216:

No, there is no need. You got the minimum IELTS score for your blue passport after three years of residency in Canada and the PA's score is enough to get you guys ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
I guess flooding has begun

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seun1216: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hope we wont be penalised for my low score especially reading which is 4.5 after the ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Underwoodd: 5:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
40manlappy:

No. You are not likely to get any communication from them until pick-up mail.

If you had used DHL, delivery can be tracked online.

Ok.. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
Seun1216:
Hope we wont be penalised for my low score especially reading which is 4.5 after the ITA?
No, but what're ur hubby scores? I hope other factors are in order for that high CRS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hephgirl:
I guess flooding has begun
Let these people employ more hands. You see cash dey run.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seun1216: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
[Hope we wont be penalised for my low score in reading (4.5) after the ITA?quote author=perks post=60036451]

U guys r fine. CRS of 461 will get u guys ITA in d next draw. Dive into the pool ASAP. Cheers [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
Canadianfly:

Lol @ 400 and something. I advised a family friend to enter the pool as her score is 436 if her husband takes the IELTS, He is taking the test come Sept 30. She just got her own IELTS result and is worried it won't drop low enough for her to cash in with her husband's result. Personally I think she stands a good chance.
Yeah certainly, she stands a good chance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2017
elfmann:

No, but what're ur hubby scores? I hope other factors are in order for that high CRS.

It's possible.
It's about d same with ours without me writing ielts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2017
elfmann:

Let these people employ more hands. You see cash dey run.
more hands less profit I guess

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

Yeah certainly, she stands a good chance.
In all ur research did u find anywhere a lga marriage certificate was a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by amyames: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

The country to send it to will be stated on ur PPR letter, if u reside in Nigeria, its most likely Accra, the address for Accra office is

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 independence Avenue, Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521

Hi MummyJaygirls. I'm in the same situation too - no mailing address in my PPR email. You said "most likely Accra". Have you seen any situation where it is somewhere else? Just want to confirm before I send mine off. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddu: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
Abol4luv:
I haven't gotten your email, I only got from Yetunde84.
Thank you

I 've resent it though and since you have gotten it from Yetunde84 all things being equal.

Good luck once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2017
Seun1216:
There is no reason you should be penalized. Perhaps you should take the eligibility test with your new scores to see if you are eligible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
You couldn't have said it any better. It's not illegal to be single and have a child.

Simply fill in single (if never married) and if married earlier, make sure you have all legal documents showing proof of separation.

There will be no part to upload a consent form from the father nor anyone. Just make sure you also have the child's birth certificate.

Wish you all the best!

Ajujuju2:

Bros biggy abeg make i put mouth here.

CIC has only the following categories... Single/Married/Separated/Divorced/Widowed. There's no space for "Complicated/Ex-lover/BabyDaddy!"

All she has to do is simply fill single (unless they were at some point married, then any of the other legal definitions (separated/divorced) will apply). And she is legally free to include her son as a dependant. He does afterall have a birth certificate that states father and mother, so d woman isnt misrepresenting any detail. Where trouble will exist is if she intentionally mis-states his paternity on the birth certificate...by leaving him out or using someone else (which is another story).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2017
That wouldn't be necessary for a secondary applicant.

cochtrane:

There is no reason you should be penalized. Perhaps you should take the eligibility test with your new scores to see if you are eligible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hephgirl:
In all ur research did u find anywhere a lga marriage certificate was a problem?
In all my research, I found that drinking a chilled bottle of CocaCola can be as refreshing as it is enticing. Cos you can get a girl to stare at you for no reason and possibly offer you one more bottle to drink in her presence tongue

Okay. Serious grin
Check these links:
This person got PPR and used Local Govt Certificate

Advice from an experienced hand:
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/338#54701136

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mike070: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
Feygbe:
PPR just flying upandan anyhow on this August AOR whatsapp group. August 13 AOR with PPR! shocked

Pls add me to d whatsapp group. 07064695073
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
boldinc:
You couldn't have said it any better. It's not illegal to be single and have a child.

Simply fill in single (if never married) and if married earlier, make sure you have all legal documents showing proof of separation.

There will be no part to upload a consent form from the father nor anyone. Just make sure you also have the child's birth certificate.

Wish you all the best!

I would expect if she has no document showing she has full custody of the child, her application won't go any farther without a consent form from the father.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

In all my research, I found that drinking a chilled bottle of CocaCola can be as refreshing as it is enticing. Cos you can get a girl to stare at you for no reason and possibly offer you one more bottle to drink in her presence tongue

Okay. Serious grin
Check these links:
This person got PPR and used Local Govt Certificate

Advice from an experienced hand:
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/338#54701136

Oh my days buhahahahhah.
Thanks for d links. Holy kisses Mwuah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
Well, your expectation might just be cut short cos there's no part in the application where she would need to produce such document.

Some single mothers have only their names on the child's birth certificate. It's not really a big deal... maybe culturally here in Nigeria, but not in most developed countries.

cochtrane:

I would expect if she has no document showing she has full custody of the child, her application will go any farther without a consent form from the father.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
boldinc:
Well, your expectation might just be cut short cos there's no part in the application where she would need to produce such document.

Some single mothers have only their names on the child's birth certificate. It's not really a big deal... maybe culturally here in Nigeria, but not in most developed countries.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2017
Seun1216:

What are his scores in RW and S? In your case, you don't have to worry as some spouses don't even bother taking the English proficiency test. Try and calculate your CRS without your IELTS if it's within the last 3 cut off draws which I think it should.
Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 6:31pm On Sep 01, 2017
amyames:

Hi MummyJaygirls. I'm in the same situation too - no mailing address in my PPR email. You said "most likely Accra". Have you seen any situation where it is somewhere else? Just want to confirm before I send mine off. Thanks.

No I haven't, Nigeria residents send to Ghana

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
boldinc:

If anything, CIC may consider that association common-law since they were in a conjugal relationship, even though they were not married. Found this on their site. "Separated" the operating word here.
Well, what do I know...

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.