Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports (28500 Views)

Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China / Oyo State To Ban Open Grazing; Herdsmen To Carry ID Cards / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by BabaIbo: 10:50am On Aug 27, 2017
fratermathy:

Catch up on the ensuing conversation. You commented too early. When you are done, edit your comment and remention. I can't repeat what has been established already.

ur comment is laden with ign.orance...

I gave u a reply based on what u posted earlier but you're shying away cos u know it's d truth....

let me say your level of ignorance amaze me
I tried to check d left side of your brain but nothing is right and when I checked the right side nothing is left...

Thank you

7 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by proeast(m): 10:51am On Aug 27, 2017
@fratermathy, you forgot that Igboland along with Nile delta in Egypt used to be Africas densest regions? You forgot that Tinubus own census in Lagos revealed that Igbos outnumber yorubas in Lagos? You forgot that Igbos occupy all of SE, 70% of Rivers & 40% of Delta & are also found in Benue, Edo & Cross River while they constitute 2nd largest ethnic group in most places outside their homeland? Have you been to any market in the cities of the ECOWAS subregion & beyond, did you observe the huge Igbo population? Do Yorubas travel more than Igbos? Did slave trade not affect Igboland as it affected Yorubaland? Nigerian census figures is mere fabrication from the pit of hell. Igbos are more populous than yorubas, and thats a fact!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by steppins: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2017
fratermathy:

You lie for saying only Yorubas want restructuring. I'm from the SS and I can confidently tell you that most, if not all, the non-Igboid minorities want restructuring. It's only Igbos that want to leave this country.

Besides, don't be quick to undermine a region. Niger Republic is Hausa dominated and they are doing even much better than Ngeiria. Why do you think the North won't do better independently too?
The SS want restructuring because they believe disintegration is impossible without war. If they were offered their own country, they would gladly take it.
The West can manage on their own with difficulty, because of what they have on ground, but not the north.
They will die of hunger, diseases etc. Do you know how much of our budget that goes to the north? billions!
Where are they gonna get the money? From selling tomatoes?
One more thing, Igbos may not be up to 50 million like the other guy said, but we're definitely more than the 30 million you wrote.
How can we be 30 million and yet we're the largest in every state apart from the indigenes?
And don't give me that bull about Igbos travelling a lot, others travel out too.

6 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Basic123: 10:53am On Aug 27, 2017
Nwodosis:

Bros, you are the confused one here o, you despise them yet you don't want them to go. Are you not CONFUSED?
DELUSION

Every ordnary NIGERIANs want them to go.

Hold the government responsible:

-GEJ government of okonjo iweala,anyim pius anyim and stella oduah and ekweremadu

-Buahri government of chris ngige,ognonanya onu and ekweremadu.

stop blaming unconcerned individuals for your problems,especially afonjas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Adebowale89(m): 10:55am On Aug 27, 2017
what's big deal about that? even KANU their god, owned Nigeria passport
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by BabaIbo: 10:55am On Aug 27, 2017
proeast:
@fratermathy, you forgot that Igboland along with Nile delta in Egypt used to be Africas densest regions? You forgot that Tinubus own census in Lagos revealed that Igbos outnumber yorubas in Lagos? You forgot that Igbos occupy all of SE, 70% of Rivers & 40% of Delta & are also found in Benue, Edo & Cross River while they constitute 2nd largest ethnic group in most places outside their homeland? Have you been to any market in the cities of the ECOWAS subregion & beyond, did you observe the huge Igbo population? Do Yorubas travel more than Igbos? Did slave trade not affect Igboland as it affected Yorubaland? Nigerian census figures is mere fabrication from the pit of hell. Igbos are more populous than yorubas, and thats a fact!

Don't mind him...

always posting without facts

6 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by wingmanII: 10:56am On Aug 27, 2017
This Leadership newspaper is really not worth the paper it's printed on. So Igbos should not acquire Nigerian passport because they are asking for a separate country? What bunkum! There is no state of Biafra existing today. It may even take years to come into existence. In the meantime Igbos will enjoy all rights and privileges as Nigerian citizens, after all they have not stopped paying taxes to Nigerian government or anything of such.
The write up is too silly and makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2017
When we tell them that ndi Omambala are not part of their IPOB crap, they start running their mouths as if we care.
Import your touts and miscreants that day and see what my president will do to them

1 Like

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by fratermathy(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2017
proeast:

40% of which Delta State?

Chai! Only with this alone, I know every other thing you've posted is fake.

In fact, let me embarrass you a little bit. Kindly provide proof that Igbos have 40% population of Delta and 70% population of Rivers.

And again... If Igbos dominate Lagos, why is Yoruba the lingua franca?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:01am On Aug 27, 2017
Nwodosis:

Bros, you are the confused one here o, you despise them yet you don't want them to go. Are you not CONFUSED?
Who is holding you back?
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by fratermathy(m): 11:01am On Aug 27, 2017
BabaIbo:

Don't mind him...

always posting without facts

Why don't you, the chest beaters, provide me with facts and figures (with verifiable sources of course) and shut me up?

5 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by fratermathy(m): 11:02am On Aug 27, 2017
steppins:

The SS want restructuring because they believe disintegration is impossible without war. If they were offered their own country, they would gladly take it.
The West can manage on their own with difficulty, because of what they have on ground, but not the north.
They will die of hunger, diseases etc. Do you know how much of our budget that goes to the north? billions!
Where are they gonna get the money? From selling tomatoes?
One more thing, Igbos may not be up to 50 million like the other guy said, but we're definitely more than the 30 million you wrote.
How can we be 30 million and yet we're the largest in every state apart from the indigenes?
And don't give me that bull about Igbos travelling a lot, others travel out too.

Your antagonism of Nigeria is based on your hate for the north and ethnocentrism. What a pity!

These are the people you want SSners to share a sole country with? God help us all. You guys should just go your way without DRAGGING anyone along. Take your innate hate and spread it amongst yourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Elbowroom: 11:03am On Aug 27, 2017
daveson2020:
grin grin grin zoo plastic ID card grin any body can obtain it. Even the fellow abokins from Chad has there own zoo Republic id card.

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:03am On Aug 27, 2017
Nwodosis:

Why must it be the Igbos you guys always have on your lips? Do you have real Yorubas and real Hausas too? Or is it only real and fake Igbos that we have in this country?
Leave igbos alone and consecrate on IPOB miscreants please

1 Like

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by fratermathy(m): 11:04am On Aug 27, 2017
BabaIbo:

ur comment is laden with ign.orance...

I gave u a reply based on what u posted earlier but you're shying away cos u know it's d truth....

let me say your level of ignorance amaze me
I tried to check d left side of your brain but nothing is right and when I checked the right side nothing is left...

Thank you

I want you, Professor Enlightenment, to enlighten me and everyone here with facts and figures of how Igbos number over 50million.

Okwaya... The floor is yours for you to chest beat freely.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 27, 2017
Ngokafor:

These 'one nigerianists' are becoming more pathetic and desperate as the days go by...so Igbos obtaining Nigerian passports and National ID for international travels and business transactions NOW is a big deal to you lots??...documents that can easily be trashed within a twinkle of an eye at the appropriate time??..

I pity you all..keep stalking Igbos all over the place,what we eat,were we sleep,whom we marry e.t.c...una go tire at the end of the day while the agitation will gather more momentum.

That's fine. When you trash those documents you will need these
1. Valid visa
2. Residence permit
3. Expatriate quota
4. Business permit
5. Security clearance ( for certain occupations)

Here are three prayers you must also make regularly
1. "Lord don't let them apply the acquisition of lands by aliens law no 461 ( Lagos state) in any form whatsoever"
2. Lord please grant us favour so that NASS permits dual citizenship and same is ratified by the president. Also in the same vein, please let them sign a double taxation treaty with our new country"
3 " Lord grant us favour that all contracts held by our people will not be voided whether in our name or in the name of our companies based on changes of address and applicable laws"

These are the realities that need to address. This is why I am convinced that the current agitation is baseless. Were it to be strategically conceived, the tone and language would be different knowing fully well that beyond statehood, these issues need to be addressed at some stage. I believe therefore that what we are seeing is a cathartic ventilation of anger that will ultimately work for the good of everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2017
fratermathy:

In fact, let me embarrass you a little bit. Kindly provide proof that Igbos have 40% population of Delta and 70% population of Rivers.

Dont mind those IPOB miscreants trying to grab everything, please tell them to force the Lagos and Rivers states government to conduct a referendum too

5 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Nightwolf1: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2017
Demanding for Nigerian passport doesn't mean Igbos aren't going to Biafra should there be an opportunity.

Aboki newspaper with idiotic writers should understand it.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by oneligeria: 11:10am On Aug 27, 2017
What is facts portray is not the same as a referendum. If you want to use the issue of subscribing to international passports and drivers licencing let me now tell you it I'd not a means to know the minds of Igbo's to either restructuring or secession. Rather it suggests that the Igbo population is not as small as it is exageratted. Rather it suggests the level of contributions to the GDP of the country. Telling an intelligent and well read person as myself that this stated facts is proof of generality of the Igbos being satisfied with the lopsided appointments of the FG, quota system, number of states in the south east, federal government allocation to states, small number of seats in the national assembly, headship of security services dominated by the hausa Fulani despite having over 250 tribes in Nigeria etc is simply absurd and plain stupid. Why don't you also say that since Igbos use naira and kobo that it means they want to be part of this contraption of a country? Please come up with better excuses of why you know our minds better than we do with superior arguments and not propagated untruths or by force of arms as was seen for instance by Nigerian forces at Owerri yesterday. I am of the opinion that since the FG and even the sultan have decreed for all of us 180 million Nigerians that there would be no restructuring it means that even those Igbos who had preferred restructuring to seccession will tilt left. If you want to put my theory to test try referendum and see how it turns out. PS: This is not the redefined meaning of hate speech but you may call it call a spade a spade and not a shovel speech.

1 Like

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by fratermathy(m): 11:10am On Aug 27, 2017
Yyeske:
Dont mind those IPOB miscreants trying to grab everything, please tell them to force the Lagos and Rivers states government to conduct a referendum too

And Kano too... I saw one comment by an IPOB youth the other day that they own 30% of Kano City. Kano must be in Biafra too.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2017
Adebowale89:
what's big deal about that? even KANU their god, owned Nigeria passport
His British and Nigerian have been seized and that clown and chief pig Nnamdi kanu is presently stateless

2 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by proeast(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2017
fratermathy:

You are only embarrasing yourself. Igbos occupy the whole of Delta north senatorial zone while 70% of Rivers are occupied by Igbo speaking tribes. If you dont know all these already then I cant help you, everything I wrote earlier are verifiable facts. About why Yoruba language is the local language in Lagos is not a brain teaser, the language is native to the place so it has remained like that while other tribes learn it, however Igbo language is also very popular in Lagos.

8 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by linusbnn(m): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2017
Nwodosis:
The Igbos are always transacting businesses locally and internationally and most time may need those stuffs as means of identification.

Simple truth.

1 Like

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:14am On Aug 27, 2017
greenpasture:

That's fine. When you trash those documents you will need these
1. Valid visa
2. Residence permit
3. Expatriate quota
4. Business permit
5. Security clearance ( for certain occupations)

Here are three prayers you must also make regularly
1. "Lord don't let them apply the acquisition of lands by aliens law no 461 ( Lagos state) in any form whatsoever"
2. Lord please grant us favour so that NASS permits dual citizenship and same is ratified by the president. Also in the same vein, please let them sign a double taxation treaty with our new country"
3 " Lord grant us favour that all contracts held by our people will not be voided whether in our name or in the name of our companies based on changes of address and applicable laws"

These are the realities that need to address. This is why I am convinced that the current agitation is baseless. Were it to be strategically conceived, the tone and language would be different knowing fully well that beyond statehood, these issues need to be addressed at some stage. I believe therefore that what we are seeing is a cathartic ventilation of anger that will ultimately work for the good of everyone.
Preach it bro to those stubborn piglets

1 Like

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Nightwolf1: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2017
The criminal Nigerians won't cease to amaze me. Because I demanded for Nigerian passport I won't ask for Biafra or what? grin

Anyway, it's natural in them to be foolish
Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2017
fratermathy:

And Kano too... I saw one comment by an IPOB youth the other day that they own 30% of Kano City. Kano must be in Biafra too.
Just imagine, this is the worst time to be identified as an Igbo man because of the activities of IPOB miscreants

5 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by TheArchangel(f): 11:18am On Aug 27, 2017
fratermathy:

Are you telling me that other than Lagos, that more than 100 Igbos stay in ALL the towns in Nigeria?

Secondly, in the North of Nigeria, many of the people that are called Igbos are not even Igbos but from minorities in the SS. They prefer to cluster with Igbos because of safety and common religious values.

And I never said Igbos are not up to 2m. I said a reasonable figure, including Igbos in the diaspora, would be 30m. 50m is a blunt exaggeration when you consider the entire population of Nigeria!
50 is a reasonable number especially in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by steppins: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2017
Basic123:

DELUSION

Every ordnary NIGERIANs want them to go.

Hold the government responsible:

-GEJ government of okonjo iweala,anyim pius anyim and stella oduah and ekweremadu

-Buahri government of chris ngige,ognonanya onu and ekweremadu.

stop blaming unconcerned individuals for your problems,especially afonjas
Every ordinary Nigerian want them to go? This comment is the most ridiculous comment I've ever heard.
They want igbos to go and yet, they carry ipob matter for head?
Seun banned IPOB topics at first, but then he realised the traffic it drives to his site is too good to ignore and now he pushes them to the front page more than any other thing.
The reason why Biafra and IPOB hasn't faded away is because of the way the rest of Nigerians vehemently opposes it.
Believe me, if they supported it or gave Ultimatum jointly like the northerners did, half of the Biafran supporters would probably think about what they would lose and withdraw their support.
But since it's opposed by every other Nigerian, the Igbos realised their importance to Nigeria and the agitation has increased.
Don't talk about our politicians, they have a lot to lose, so they would never support Biafra.
Egypt and Libya did not need their politicians for the revolution and neither do we.
Our voices must be heard whether our politicians like it or not.

4 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:19am On Aug 27, 2017
Nightwolf1:
The criminal Nigerians won't cease to amaze me. Because I demanded for Nigerian passport I won't ask for Biafra or what? grin

Anyway, it's natural in them to be foolish
Go get that Biafra this moment and stop disturbing everybody

3 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by fratermathy(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2017
proeast:
You are only embarrasing yourself. Igbos occupy the whole of Delta senatorial zone while 70% of Rivers are occupied by Igbo speaking tribes. If you dont know all these already then I cant help you, everything I wrote earlier are verifiable facts. About why Yoruba language is the local language in Lagos is not a brain teaser, the language is native to the place so it has remained like that while other tribes learn it, however Igbo language is also very popular in Lagos.

Did I just read that "Igbos occupy the whole of Delta senatorial zone"? Where Urhobo, Delta's most populous ethnic group, con occupy?

Besides.. I haven't seen the proof that Igbos have 40% of Delta. Delta North is just ONE district of 3. Urhobos occupy two of the districts of Delta. Igbos occupy 1. Igbo district is just 1.2m. Urhobo has 1.5m from Central and at least 500k from South. Ijaw is around 500k in Delta. Itsekiri is around the same figure.

So where did your 40% come from? Explain yourself.

Bloody exaggerators and chest beaters.

Even in the Rivers State. The so-called "Igbos" there occupy ONLY Two of Three Districts and one of the two districts also comprises non-Igboid people.

So pray tell, where did the 70% come from?

These exaggerations, deliberate as they seem, are why any sane person will fault your 50million population hypothesis.

Again, shouldn't it be logical that Igbo be the lingua franca in a place Igbos dominate? Isn't that the case of Ikwerre in Rivers? Why is Lagos now different when you have the higher numbers there? Enlighten us on this paradox.

5 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Emycord: 11:21am On Aug 27, 2017
MediumStout:
Real igbo's are patriotic nigerians who don't care about biafra. All those miscreants following Nnamdi Kanu cannot even afford three square meal let alone passport. They have been brainwashed to believe money will grow on trees when biafra is declared. They think a change of country name will change their poverty stricken destinies. Ask those millionaire business men igbo's in let's say Alaba or Ladipo market if they care about biafra. Biafra is for the brainless IPOB failures of the east grin
when will Nigeria let these real Igbo's silence ipob in a referendum
. why fear since real Igbo's are with in majority

4 Likes

Re: Despite Agitation, Igbos Obtain More National ID Cards, International Passports by Yyeske(m): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2017
steppins:

Every ordinary Nigerian want them to go? This comment is the most ridiculous comment I've ever heard.
They want igbos to go and yet, they carry ipob matter for head?
Seun banned IPOB topics at first, but then he realised the traffic it drives to his site is too good to ignore and now he pushes them to the front page more than any other thing.
The reason why Biafra and IPOB hasn't faded away is because of the way the rest of Nigerians vehemently opposes it.
Believe me, if they supported it or gave Ultimatum jointly like the northerners did, half of the Biafran supporters would probably think about what they would lose and withdraw their support.
But since it's opposed by every other Nigerian, the Igbos realised their importance to Nigeria and the agitation has increased.
Don't talk about our politicians, they have a lot to lose, so they would never support Biafra.
Egypt and Libya did not need their politicians for the revolution and neither do we.
Our voices must be heard whether our politicians like it or not.
Biko, if you know any stubborn IPOB miscreant, tell him to continue fooling himself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Writes US, UK, Others, Insists Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB A Terrorist Organisation / Deji Adeyanju: Nigerian Govt Will Soon Release Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho / Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.