Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia (17164 Views)

Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate / Governorship Election: PDP Woos Ambode / Ikpeazu Woos Chinese Investors With Corn And Coconuts (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 3:09am On Sep 08, 2017
moninuola65:

see what someone said before:
https://www.nairaland.com/3319854/igbo-over-you...nickel-innovation-apply/2#48994794

Unfortunately, Nigeria does not have the industrial base to utilize the tiniest quantity of Nickel. I am sorry for us for we are not blessed with good foresight and long term intelligence
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 3:11am On Sep 08, 2017
Adminisher:

Give me nickel I will set up a metallurgical plant and foundries that would produce many top grade alloys

Is Nigeria ready to utilize Nickel?
We're just interested in the money not the development it has potential to bring
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 3:15am On Sep 08, 2017
Blue3k:

It's already the policy to set up processing plants. Which federal government wants to do. Anyway let's see how that goes.

I agree it profitable to be cultured starting with reading.
Policy!?
No! It doesn't work like that. Nickel is never used in isolation. It is an additive usually to iron for steel production or for making some catalysts which are industry dependent.

In terms of policy, the best I see us do is processing it for export. And that is sad enough by itself.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by Blue3k(m): 3:38am On Sep 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

Policy!?
No! It doesn't work like that. Nickel is never used in isolation. It is an additive usually to iron for steel production or for making some catalysts which are industry dependent.

In terms of policy, the best I see us do is processing it for export. And that is sad enough by itself.

You're thinking it's only going to be used in isolation ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by moninuola65: 5:29am On Sep 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

Unfortunately, Nigeria does not have the industrial base to utilize the tiniest quantity of Nickel. I am sorry for us for we are not blessed with good foresight and long term intelligence
But you don't thing this discovery we change our mind set through our system of education?
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by omemero(m): 8:47am On Sep 08, 2017
THE INVESTORS THEY HAVE WASTED OUR RESOURCES TRYING TO WOO FOR OVER TWO YEARS TO NO AVAIL...
THEY MUST BE PLAYING HARD TO GET

brainpulse:
Very good one. One of the good things this government is doing is to create policies to woo investors. Like the visa policy and relaxing immigration processes for genuine investors.

IPod wailers, you can have the floor
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by michoim(m): 8:49am On Sep 08, 2017
A very good one. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by bigpicture001: 10:15am On Sep 08, 2017
very good move by the federal government!!!!
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by ernieboy(m): 10:25am On Sep 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

Policy!?

there no mineral that is ever used in isolation.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
ernieboy:

there no mineral that is ever used in isolation.

What do you think Nigeria will do with the Nickel?
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
moninuola65:

But you don't thing this discovery we change our mind set through our system of education?

No, it wouldn't.

There is a vast difference in result if
A man with a Vision gets Opportunity
However
A man with no Vision gets Opportunity

The second is like the case of Nigeria. We are hoping that Opportunity (nickel) will produce Vision.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by ernieboy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

What do you think Nigeria will do with the Nickel?
mine it and sell to other industrialized nations of course, since we don't have the technological capacity to use it on industries. read more of its uses on Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
Blue3k:

You're thinking it's only going to be used in isolation ok.

How can it?
I expect to find industries already on ground importing Nickel for their productions. And now, instead of importing, they have Nickel at a lower cost which will make their products competitive.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by Blue3k(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

How can it?
I expect to find industries already on ground importing Nickel for their productions. And now, instead of importing, they have Nickel at a lower cost which will make their products competitive.

What are you saying now? First you claimed there no steel industry in your rant. Now that you see steel producers you don't want to complain about something else. You also have policy about mineral processing. You were wrong to think they nickel wouldn't be used for value added purposes.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
ernieboy:

mine it and sell to other industrialized nations of course, since we don't have the technological capacity to use it on industries. read more of its uses on Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel

That's my point. We will SELL it!
It is a slavery mentality...No developed nation export things like this...it is never enough even for domestic consumption.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by ernieboy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

That's my point. We will SELL it!
It is a slavery mentality...No developed nation export things like this...it is never enough even for domestic consumption.
do u have the technical knowhow to transform it to a finished product?
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
Blue3k:

What are you saying now? First you claimed there no steel industry in your rant. Now that you see steel producers you don't want to complain about something else.
Some people hide their uncultured nature in verbose rain of words backed up with little mental comprehension of discussions due to their skewed perceived understanding of logical train of thoughts.

For such people, its best to terminate all further interactions lest they drag everyone else onto their quagmire of stupidity.

This conversation has ended. Bye!
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
ernieboy:

do u have the technical knowhow to transform it to a finished product?
Everything is possible to them who has the will, direction and resources to effect a change.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by Blue3k(m): 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

[s]Some people hide their uncultured nature in verbose rain of words backed up with little mental comprehension of discussions due to their skewed perceived understanding of logical train of thoughts.

For such people, its best to terminate all further interactions lest they drag everyone else onto their quagmire of stupidity.

This conversation has ended. Bye![/s]

Dude stop being a fraud you inept halfwit. Lol its too easy exposing clowns like you. I'm glad your running off thread. Lol you're offended I pointed out you were ranting. What do you call your initial comment.

You start your cultured wailing by claiming they would only be selling unprocessed minerals because you didn't read article. After you claimed there's no industry to obsorb nickel until I showed you steel producers. Then you rambled about nickel wouldn't be used in isolation because you didn't know mineral processing policy.

shadeyinka:

Nickel is never used in isolation.

we do not have a single industry to absorb the Nickel.
shadeyinka:

Policy!?
shadeyinka:

Senseless and Stupid Country.

Wise countries see Nickel, they are thinking of Industrialization, Advanced Materials, Alloys an Technology.

Nigeria see Nickel and they begin to think money: let's sell it and get foreign exchange to spend.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by shadeyinka(m): 3:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
Blue3k:

Dude stop being a fraud you inept halfwit. Lol its too easy exposing clowns like you. I'm glad your running off thread. Lol you're offended I pointed out you were ranting. What do you call your initial comment.

You start your cultured wailing by claiming they would only be selling unprocessed minerals because you didn't read article. After you claimed there's no industry to obsorb nickel until I showed you steel producers. Then you rambled about nickel wouldn't be used in isolation because you didn't know mineral processing policy.

Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by Blue3k(m): 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

grin don't act confused your quotes are there. You simply ranting with knowing industry or policy direction. You even too lazy to read the article.
Re: FG Woos Investors With Nickel Discovery, Tax Holiday In Australia by richhy84: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
I can supply you can chat me on 08093317669

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over 11,000 Benefiiciaries Of Npower In Ekiti Declare Support For Buhari / Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN / Gunshots, Panic As Aregbesola’s Convoy Passed Through Osogbo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.