Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects (3804 Views)

Marrying Female Graduate / Age And Marriage / Do Tribes And Cultures Matter In Love And Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 1:22am On Feb 26, 2010
Pittbaby:

Kai you are dinosaur

Thanx for the compliments.
I am going to the Sports section. grin
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 1:31am On Feb 26, 2010
kiss your three kids and their mother good nite for me .
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by platinumnk(f): 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
Pittbaby:

Kai you are dinosaur ,

cheese and rice! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2010
most of the career women I know of, dont lack for suitors.

But many of them are rather picky and some prefer to go after married men.

so I'd say a certain percentage limit their marriage prospects themselves.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 5:11am On Feb 27, 2010
most of the career women I know of, don't lack for suitors.

so I'd say a certain percentage limit their marriage prospects themselves

hmmm a different perspective , picky i expected to hear , married men I did not .I would think that age , education and financial stability would kick against that kind of desperation,

picky maybe to some extent ,but then when people are trying to introduce you to, and get you engaged to every single man around once you cross 26 , sometimes you get labelled as picky by default
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by spoilt(f): 5:14am On Feb 27, 2010
tpia.:

most of the career women I know of, dont lack for suitors.

so I'd say a certain percentage limit their marriage prospects themselves.

When did you do this research?
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by kyuubi: 6:15am On Feb 27, 2010
I think their circle of friends and associations changes, and the limited single guys they meet are often not interested in ladies of their ilk. undecided
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2010
  not interested in ladies of their ilk

ok we are getting somewhere now , and what is wrong with ladies of their ilk?

isnt there something wrong when higher education makes you untouchable in the 21st century? is there an underlying issue in the society, that needs to be addressed ? are we failing to train our women to both handle a career and a family or are we failing to train our men to handle sucessful women?

the fact of the matter is that education is not the issue , its sucess outside the matrimonial home . Married women who become sucessful after marriage ( and child bearing ) are seen as productive and a crown in a husbands cap , but if you are sucessful before then its " approach with caution"
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by hbabe(f): 11:12am On Feb 27, 2010
@Tpia
Any lady with a Masters degree that is prefers to date a married man needs to go back to school!

@topic
Most Naija guys are intimidated by well educated girls and girls with good career prospects and this could be reason some ladies do not find partners easily. Most Naija guys would rather date students so they can be lord and master in the relationship. The same guys will still come back complaining about money spent on recharge cards and free meals for their gfs.
Anyway, a girl embarking on building a career should be wise enough to juggle both career and love life at same time so she can enjoy the best of both worlds; it's possible, the key is to stay focused and know a good guy when he comes around.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 12:59am On Feb 28, 2010
@topic
Most Naija guys are intimidated by well educated girls and girls with good career prospects and this could be reason some ladies do not find partners easily. Most Naija guys would rather date students so they can be lord and master in the relationship. The same guys will still come back complaining about money spent on recharge cards and free meals for their gfs.
Anyway, a girl embarking on building a career should be wise enough to juggle both career and love life at same time so she can enjoy the best of both worlds; it's possible, the key is to stay focused and know a good guy when he comes around.

and we might have a winner!!!!
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by tpiah: 1:06am On Feb 28, 2010
I didnt say all career women prefer married men oh. I've just met a few who seemed that way- they only wanted to go out with men who were in a relationship,engaged or married.

Of course many career women do end up with good husbands- it all depends on the person involved.

Many times you find education doesnt really replace background and mindset. ie someone can be highly educated but still have some "non-educated" worldviews and mannerisms. This is particularly prevalent with Africans/Nigerians.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by lordkrato(m): 1:33am On Feb 28, 2010
This career woman thing don tire me. sad sad sad undecided undecided undecided it's simple and clear

MEN DON'T WANT WOMEN THROWING THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS AT THEIR FACES!!!AND LIKE IT OR NOT.MOST CAREER WOMEN DO.

[sub]NOW LET THE INSULTS RAIN,JUST GOT A NEW UMBRELLA[/sub]
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by hbabe(f): 3:14am On Feb 28, 2010
Men push their achievements (no matter how meagre) down our throats all the time and we pamper, encourage and rejoice with them; so if career ladies throw theirs at their faces they should learn how to deal with it! It's all about guys feeling insecure around successful ladies, they want ego boosters around them all the time and do not care to boost a lady's ego once in a while. Achievements take a lot of hardwork and should not be swept under the carpet to make a guy comfortable!
I always encourage sisters to reach for great heights and at same time hold on to that good man who is confident enough to encourage her, wise enough to know that her talk about her career is not being boastful and smart enough to know how to handle her achievements. Unfortunately such guys are rare in Nigeria and I am sure this is what keeps career minded ladies unattached in Naija but believe me career ladies often end up with the pick of the pack! In school brilliant girls are dreaded/avoided by guys, at work career women need to work hard to be recognized as serious and called names when they do well and in relationships the guys get intimidated by them. It's all part of the plan to get the ladies back to the kitchen but it's too late we have been enlightened and empowered by education! Let the guys live with it!
I am not a feminist, I just believe in people doing the right thing and helping one another, our Naija brothers need help!

2 Likes

Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2010
  MEN DON'T WANT WOMEN THROWING THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS AT THEIR FACES!!!AND LIKE IT OR NOT.MOST CAREER WOMEN DO.

while it is never nice to boast , If i worked hard to achieve something I will like to be able to talk about it with pride . Afterall men are ever to happy to talk about their achievements . But, when a woman does that she is pushing it in a man's face. It is equally distasteful for a man or woman to always talk about their achievements or bring it up in every context . However, it is very acceptable for a man to blow his trumpet , but just seen has crass for a woman to blow her's

Men push their achievements (no matter how meagre) down our throats all the time and we pamper, encourage and rejoice with them; so if career ladies throw theirs at their faces they should learn how to deal with it! [b]It's all about guys feeling insecure around successful ladies, they want ego boosters around them all the time and do not care to boost a lady's ego once in a while. Achievements take a lot of hardwork and should not be swept under the carpet to make a guy comfortable![/b]I always encourage sisters to reach for great heights and at same time hold on to that good man who is confident enough to encourage her, wise enough to know that her talk about her career is not being boastful and smart enough to know how to handle her achievements. Unfortunately such guys are rare in Nigeria and I am sure this is what keeps career minded ladies unattached in Naija but believe me career ladies often end up with the pick of the pack! In school brilliant girls are dreaded/avoided by guys, at work career women need to work hard to be recognized as serious and called names when they do well and in relationships the guys get intimidated by them. It's all part of the plan to get the ladies back to the kitchen but it's too late we have been enlightened and empowered by education! Let the guys live with it!
I am not a feminist, I just believe in people doing the right thing and helping one another, our Naija brothers need help

Very good point . I thank God for my man who belives that  I can do more than even I think I can . Career encouragement is a give and take exercise , thats why it is advisable to look for and marry a likeminded person , He gets it when you tell him you want to study for yet another certification, Not - whats all this book you are studying sef
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pharoh: 7:57am On Mar 08, 2010
Hmm what a thread, well to me it is just about the balance of the home and how it should be managed.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by cikadile: 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
~Sauron~:

Times have changed, Pittbaby.
Pollution, crap climate, crap nutrients and reh reh reh have queered the pitch for today's women.
I even read somewhere a woman's menopause has dropped from mid-40s to early 30s. grin grin grin grin

take the menarche(age of 1st menses)
add 35 years
that gives you the menopause
So if menarche was at 10 years, menopause would be around 45years
if 15, 50 years...etc

P.S. not exact as the body works with average ranges and humans are unique
But, this is a simple rule of thumb

People write all manner of things these days...internet!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Innocent Girlfriend Is Turning Bad: I Need Advise / Ladies:-why The Craze For Pink Lips??? / Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.