Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army (33429 Views)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu's House In Afaraukwu, Umuahia Ahead Of Parents' Burial / Dino Melaye Shares Pictures Of His Bullet Proof G Wagon Riddled With Gun Shots / Nnamdi Kanu Meets His Parents In Umuahia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Kaywaz(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2017
Blue3k:
This is a crazy situation. Somebody is lying here. We need witness testimonies and corpes to examine. Either nobody died or five died according to the statements given.

Anyway examine the video and judge for yourselves. I see people throwing rocks at armored vehicle definitely. I also see a man with gun shot wound to his leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYkDJV6_8fU

why una wan use una greed take scatter Nigeria
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by 111jideofor: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2017
Our God will surely kill all Nigerian Army in Jesus name, amen,If half the amount of police and Army's pushed into Abia,Anambra and River state were taken to Sambissa, Shekau Saladin Abubakar would have been in the history books of primary 2,useless country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Prouddevil(m): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2017
psp2pc:

leave south south outta your quote..
why? grin
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by luckysmills: 8:59am On Sep 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I stand proudly behind the men of the Nigeria Armed Forces.

The whole territory of Nigeria is under your watch and you have free access to any square inch of her territory.

Remember your oath to the country, to defend her against all enemies, foreign or domestic.

you are the most foolish of all fools.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Prouddevil(m): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2017
111jideofor:
Our God will surely kill all Nigerian Army in Jesus name, amen,If half the amount of police and Army's pushed into Abia,Anambra and River state were taken to Sambissa, Shekau Saladin Abubakar would have been in the history books of primary 2,useless country
your God is shuku Alabama, why are you calling Jesus please leave our saviour out of this call shuku Alabama.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2017
koboko69:

U people should stop all this foolish rants to whip up sentiments....
U attack soldiers convoy and was expecting what?
I just feel.sorry for the families of those that will.doe a foolish death
why do you people love to lie like this
soldiers have been killing IPOB members since now the took their madness to their leaders home
so you want to tell me that soldiers were passing and IPOB members started throwing stones at them
Soldiers started shooting them and they have to react coz they are not tree

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ofai: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:
We know what exactly happened.

We know the IPOB people want to start what they cannot finish. Kudos to the Nigeria Army, for walking away from a very tense situation, where the IPOB criminals are the aggressors.

At least, it is on record now with video and picture evidences, that they were attacking you guys with rocks and you guys acted calmly. The Easterners should hold Nnamdi Kanu responsible if anything happens to their kith.

Sarcastically enough, all Kanu's children with wife are safe in the UK, and he wants to lead the kids of others to their death. Issorite.

I saw the denial coming. And I saw the clapping zombies coming as well.

You don't beseige a place without an intent to attack at the first place.

The FG, you and your likes are so cowardly that you are shifting your frustrations of losing to boko Haram to kanu.

We shall see who laughs last.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ginoharley(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2017
We know what exactly happened.
We know the IPOB people want to start what they
cannot finish. Kudos to the Nigeria Army, for
walking away from a very tense situation, where
the IPOB criminals are the aggressors.
At least, it is on record now with video and picture
evidences, that they were attacking you guys with
rocks and you guys acted calmly. The Easterners
should hold Nnamdi Kanu responsible if anything
happens to their kith.
Sarcastically enough, all Kanu's children with wife
are safe in the UK, and he wants to lead the kids
of others to their death. Issorite.

Oga, shut up you dont know anything. Meanwhile, is there no other road to parade their new armond carriage? Must it be through Nnamdi kanu's residence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by luckysmills: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2017
what good will the blood of innocent citizens do the unity of this God forsaken country.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Ngozi123(f): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2017
Adebowale89:

go and find somewhere to sit. you people shout the UN are taking note up and down as if they recognise u

I'm always conversant with CNN and aljazeera news about Africa and not even in their highlight have they talk about Biafra or eastern region. you only make mouth online just to satisfy your ignorance

you and I know that if the soldier want to go rough with ipob, they can't overpower the nigeria army

I'm not justifying what the NA did as right because is absolutely wrong moving armoured tank in an area where there is no violence since we aren't in military regime

but u people should keep shut already with UN this UN that. una self gratification won't attract UN, I hope u people adopt international diplomatic process, not settling down with online rant and boosting

Human Rights groups have already started monitoring the situation; al-jazeera have already covered it in the past and even the BBC have done some articles on it. This is how it all starts- remember that the west didn't take notice of the Boko Haram situation until those Chibok girls were kidnapped. Your president is heading the same way as Boko Haram and will eventually do something so big that even the West cannot ignore it. Continue...

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by blockchainz(f): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2017
I saw the clip, the hoodlums were attacking the army convoy, I wonder what they expect.

Insurrection is a bloody game, why are Biafrans crying like bi-tches, expect to kill more and loose more souls, otherwise drop this insurrection game.

The Nigerian army has every right to patrol every part of the country, Biafra should wage war, defeat the army in warfare, then get their country, it won't come free.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2017
Bari22:
ipob are militants, If they met shieet treatment they will now be crying.
Yoruba boy very soon your Oduduwa clamors will receive the same treatment coz Hausa/Fulani and Igbo soldiers will be sent to your region as the are sending Yoruba and Hausa soldiers to SE
and they will repay you guys
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Rotji(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2017
9inches:
Nigerian military and denial

Ipob with ridiculous lies and propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by lafflaff123(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2017
ofai:

I saw the denial coming. And I saw the clapping zombies coming as well.

You don't beseige a place without an intent to attack at the first place.

The FG, you and your likes are so cowardly that you are shifting your frustrations of losing to boko Haram to kanu.

We shall see who laughs last.

Who laughed at last between Gowon and Ojukwu?who laughed at last between Biafra and Nigeria then?and we will laugh again lol.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Ngozi123(f): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2017
bkool7:

Nigeria is a sovreign state .
It has the authority to handle its own crises without external interferance
Go to Myenmar , Venezuela and Pakistan where something worst is happening . The US cannot interfere: all they do is warn the govt to treat ppl with respect for the law.

You cant be looking for trouble and start crying when you get it

When you go around the world begging for handouts to just to feed yourselves, you have very little leg to stand on when it comes to sovereignty. Nigeria is a sovereign state yet it's still relying on Western money just to defeat a group of men who don't even look like they eat 3 square meals a day in the North? I'm not sure if you realize the precarious state your country is in right now undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Uncleshaga(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by 989900: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2017
The emotional ninnies fell for the NA's trap.

NA responded according to best practices.

The stage is set . . . those who value their lives should use their sense now; UN, AU, and whatever acronym don't resurrect dead people!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by jamjo: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=Childofaking post=60334368]

Umuahia is no longer a zero security risk area. It is the territory of Ipob rebels and terrorists.[/quote

Please can you defined a rebel and a terrorist.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ashjay001(m): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2017
Deltagiant:
Why parading your armoured vehicles in a zero security risk area in the first place?

The use of arms must be to deal with a situation where the opposing side was armed.

One thing that has become obvious in the Ipob vs Buhari standoff is the courage and fearlessness in the face of death which the agitators have imbibed.

With pelting of stones at armored vehicles, the agitators have adorned a similar spirit as the Palestinians. Reminiscent of the Palestinian stone- throwing population Vs Israeli armored tanks.

And with this, i can bet you, more global interest would grow. And Nigeria will not escape that final verdict---Referendum.

True that!

But, look at where d Israeli vs Palestine conflict has ended? With d palestinians practically useless to them selves n society at large!?

All their dreams, put on hold.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by blockchainz(f): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

Human Rights groups have already started monitoring the situation; al-jazeera have already covered it in the past and even the BBC have done some articles on it. This is how it all starts- remember that the west didn't take notice of the Boko Haram situation until those Chibok girls were kidnapped. Your president is heading the same way as Boko Haram and will eventually do something so big that even the Weet cannot ignore. Continue...
You better wake up, human rights won't help your secession...you guys better raise a strong army, not all those thugs pelting military patrols with stones, it's suicide.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by toolovely(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2017
“This is far from the truth. Rather, it was a group of suspected IPOB militants that blocked the road against troops of 145 Battalion while on show of force along FMC-Word Bank Road in Umuahia town, Abia State at about 6.00-6.30pm, today. They insisted that the military vehicles would not pass and started pelting the soldiers with stones and broken bottles to the point of injuring an innocent female passerby and a soldier, Corporal Kolawole Mathew.

if these people want to lie, let them look for credible lies na....
the scene in the pictures and videos are no where close to FMC-World Bank Road.....

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ofai: 9:17am On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:

Who laughed at last between Gowon and Ojukwu?who laughed at last between Biafra and Nigeria then?and we will laugh again lol.

Ojukwu laughed last because he had a honorable peace. Gowon was overthrown and even outlawed until he received a presidential pardon from shagari.

BIAFRA is still rising and NIGERIA is losing sleep, so who is laughing last? Time shall tell.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by samsam2019: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2017
psp2pc:

if you want out of a country, go through the right and diplomatic way.
not by abusing every other tribes and issue hate speech
not that I agree with 5he nonsense that comes out of kanu or his followers, but the stupid government of Nigeria don't listen to any other language than the one he's speaking.

What stops the government from fixing a date for referendum? Scotland had it and decided to stayput with UK.

It's not by force to be part of a country

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by jamjo: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2017
koboko69:

Ok.
But offcoure blindness set in to see when potential terrorists were pelting stones and bottles at a military convoy.
What u clowns are looking for...you will soon get it.
Stray bullet has been existing before ur father was born, so if a miscreant was hit...that is his luck. There wouldnt have been any shooting in the first place if a military convoy was not attacked.

Military convoy to where, to a war zone?
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Ngozi123(f): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2017
blockchainz:

You better wake up, human rights won't help your secession...you guys better raise a strong army, not all those thugs pelting military patrols with stones, it's suicide.

Not an army, a paramilitary group.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by hollah123: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2017
richeso:
una don watch the move: "No Escape" ?
........when the people get provoked and get armed........
...........at the end of the battle, the military retracted
my guy that one Na movie n for inside movie actor no dey die but reverse is d case in real life. so bleep any movie, this is reality
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Cuteogbus: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2017
Keep Quiet There!!! Wether Peaceful Neighbourhood Or Not. The Nigerian Govt Has Every Legitimate And Legal Right To Carry Out A "Show Of Force".. In Okigwe This Year The Nigerian Police Carried Out A Show Of Force With More Than 15 Toyota Hilux Trucks & 5 Armoured Personel Carriers To Warn Off Criminal Gangs Operating In Okigwe. They Paraded On Every Tiny Street Some Are Even Untarred. In Rivers, Late Last Year Before The Supreme Court Verdict On The Gubernatorial Elections.. The Nigerian Millitary Parked Two Armoured Tanks Right In Front Of Boricamp In A "Peaceful" City To Warn Off Miscreants Trying To Ferment Trouble They Even Paraded It (the Tanks) On Some Major Streets Sef.. Even The Almighty USA Still Carries Military Drill Otherwise Called "War Games" On The Border Of 'Peaceful' North Korea, Inorder To Deter Them From Attacking There Southern Neighbours Or Japan..They Even Have Two Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carriers Patroling Northkorean Waters. This Is Normal In Every Sane Clime Or Country. So Shut Up.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by DonBobes(m): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2017
Olu20090:
Nigerian Criminal Government and deception. Initially you asked the Police Commissioner of Abia to put out a statement saying that there was no such confrontation, then now you have changed to "WE FIRED WARNING SHOTS". You see your life? Disgracing yourselves. Amnesty International have this new evidence, and the lawyers handling IPOB case in US just got fresh evidence...sweet evidence.

BTW, What were the military doing around Nnamdi Kanu's house of all the roads in Abia? What are these idiotss doing in the streets when there is no war or unrest? Get you azz back to barrack or if you are so hungry for a fight...GO TO SAMBISA FOREST TO FIGHT PEOPLE WITH WEAPONS LIKE YOU; STOP TRYING TO PROVE TOUGH WITH UNARMED CIVILIANS. Maggots in uniform. I spit on you people. Tomorrow you will be wondering why Nigerians don't respect their military, why should we respect you when you behave like a touts and criminals?

U idiots r d real maggots in civil outfits.
Things r gradually getting outta hands till dey declare a curfew in ur states . Mov outside d speculated time n get paid right.
Bastards indeed. How I wish army posts me to dat region. Chei. Though I won't waste souls till am pushed to do dat or if wat i am der to protect is at stake. But i go beat those stupid guys cald Igbos
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by fk001(m): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
I have seen the video and I must say the soldier handled the situation very well, if that was the Israeli Army it would have turned out messy because Israeli rules of engagement allow the to shoot to kill anyone who hurls stones at them .. If that Panhard light armor car had used its 50 caliber machine gun in that neighborhood there would have been dead silence in neighbourhood because only battle hardened men can hear that machine gun go off and still make noise..

God bless you for this comment

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by lonecatt(m): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2017
funlord:

My friend shut up and go back to bed and stop filling the forum with jargons! Just imagine this one's logic?
between you and him who is speaking jargon?all over the world people have the right to self determination,buhari and his illiterate fulani militias in the guise of nigeria army have been killing innocent and unharmed indigenous people and you come out here to spew rubbish? even the world court will not deny them fair hearing neither can your tiny voice be enough to shout them down.you should bury your head in shame that in this present age all you and your president can do is shoot at unharmed people seeking their own country.
what will happen if they start carrying guns ?nigeria will go inflames right.this is not 1967 if it starts today the whole of nigeria will shake,igbos are well sophisticated now ,bullying them will not go on for too long. the world is watching ,a word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by talk2percy(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2017
The North that ur boys boko haram took hostage that needs the testing of ur new armoured vehicle or vehicles, Una no test am there, na for our peaceful state na him Una go carry Una wahala come. Hheee, Buhari, buhari, buhari, how many times did I call u? The course of the Igbos will kill u. That thing that u are looking for, u will see it oh...I rest my case
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Sammyblaq(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2017
Army spokesperson lied... Police commissioner lied.
This government can lie.

Statement have it that the military were parading a new Armoured carrier through FMC-Worldbank axis but the video showed they went through Afara.

They Army stationed a stop and search point at Factory road(The road leading to Afara) but they claimed they were parading a carrier.

Buhari/Burutai keep losing point...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Babajide Sanwoolu And Obafemi Hamzat Meet With Nollywood Stars / Festus Keyamo Asks Atiku To Apologize To Tinubu And Nigerians / Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.