Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship (1163 Views)

Can Any Relationship Last Without Finance? / Why Are You Not In Any Relationship, / Any Relationship Expert Help Me Before I Lose Myself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by ladyprowezs(f): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
Over the years in my previous relationships, I have discovered that love cannot guarantee the success of any relationship. Cheating on the other hand is not as a result of not basically loving your partner. Loving a person doesn’t guarantee not loving someone else.
Read More >>

http://ladyprowessblog.com.ng

http://facebook.com/ladyprowess.ng
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
This generation has killed love

Love now is more like "I like u for sometime but when any oda person I fancy comes around ama drop your ass"

Love is shít

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
you are correct, love isnt the success of r/ship, it is only the ROOT on which to build the proper foundation for a successful r/ship. without it, there can be no rewarding union.

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
selflessposhheart:

Love now is more like "I like u for sometime but when any oda person I fancy comes around ama drop your ass"

Love is shít
People no longer love sincerely, they just enter relationships for some reasons and leave for no tangible reason. It makes relationship quite tiring these days.

4 Likes

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
Sabrina18:
People no longer love sincerely, they just enter relationships for some reasons and leave for no tangible reason. It makes relationship quite tiring these days.
it's the generation of everyone wanting more than they have to offer.
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
it's the generation of everyone wanting more than they have to offer.
Its very discouraging especially for people that love truly in relationships.

1 Like

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Kimcutie: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
Trust Is Among, But It's Not My Business undecided
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
selflessposhheart:

Love is shít

Love ain't shit. Most of y'all confuse infatuation for love.
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
Sabrina18:
Its very discouraging especially for people that love truly in relationships.
this topic is very deep and u can get lost trying to find the right answers.
Right now everyone is one the *I want, I want and I want this and that in my relationship without them having anything to give.
It's not even about material things this time.
Time, sacrifice, love, care, Trust...
We all have a sense of entitlement that is very dangerous.

I broke up because....
She doesn't want sex.
He doesn't spend money on me.
She is too stubborn (did you try helping her work on her character?)
Just to list a few.

Like i said, most of us have bad ideas about love...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Jeffty grin
JeffreyJamez:

Jeffty
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
Sabrina18:

You right
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

embarassed sad
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
Some people thinks that love is all about having sex in a relationship or giving gifts nvawa without knowing that there is more to it.

1 Like

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Right now everyone is one the *I want, I want and I want this and that in my relationship without them having anything to give.

I broke up because....
She doesn't want sex.
Just to list a few.

LOVE has absolutely nothing to do with what your partner has to give, but all to do with what you desire... a person can have NOTHING to give and still be someone's greatest love, simply because the desires of their partner isnt complex.

if you meet someone that has nothing to give, while you desire them to offer much then, obviously, this is NOT meant to be and you guys should go on your merry separate ways. no biggie.

it is only desperate people that will enter (or continue being) in a r/ship, knowing fully well that it doesnt offer them what they desire.

now, let us also understand that many would foolishly tell you that love would make you accept everything from your partner (which is true)... so long as it is healthy, positive and not against your own values and common sense. so many deluded people stay in disrespectful r/ship with confirmed cheaters (or abusers) because they foolishly want to hang on to that love at all cost, not understanding that its already dead!

2 Likes

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:

I broke up because....
She doesn't want sex.
Just to list a few.

And to think that some people put their all in a relationship and see it crashing before their own eyes is painful.

2 Likes

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Jeffty grin Jeffty

Mekus grin
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by frankkydee(m): 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
so many deluded people stay in disrespectful r/ship with confirmed cheaters (or abusers) because they foolishly want to hang on to that love at all cost, not understanding that its already dead![/quote]

this is the most annoying part of the issue.

1 Like

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
frankkydee:
this is the most annoying part of the issue.

its all in their head... the love (good time, affection, passion, good sex etc) is like a drug, and when they have tasted it, they get hooked and DONT want to let go. so they are willing to make sacrifices and accept nonsense upon nonsense, just to get their love fix.

even when the person is sane, it is NOT easy to disregard what your heart is telling, and instead solely use your brain to evaluate the situation. its a physical tug of war, and only a very emotionally strong person can succeed. their heart need to be reset, and their feelings disregarded... sadly, its easier said than done!

1 Like

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by frankkydee(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

its all in their head... the love (good time, affection, passion, good sex etc) is like a drug, and when they have tasted it, they get hooked and DONT want to let go. so they are willing to make sacrifices and accept nonsense upon nonsense, just to get their love fix.

even when the person is sane, it is NOT easy to disregard what your heart is telling, and instead solely use your brain to evaluate the situation. its a physical tug of war, and only a very emotionally strong person can succeed. their heart need to be reset, and their feelings disregarded... sadly, its easier said than done!

I know some ladies that are like that. They keep complaining about her guy, though we all know that the guy is rude and arrogant. then leave the guy alone and hook up with someone else no, all because the guy is paying her bills. she prefer to stay with him
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sabrina18:

You're right.
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:50am On Sep 22, 2017
frankkydee:

I know some ladies that are like that. They keep complaining about her guy, though we all know that the guy is rude and arrogant. then leave the guy alone and hook up with someone else no, all because the guy is paying her bills. she prefer to stay with him

but these ones are completely different.... there are 2 sets of deluded people who would stay in a r/ship at all cost (regardless of love)... the money hungry AND the marriage hungry.

MONEY HUNGRY
they dont LOVE the guy, they LOVE the money, and they stay in that r/ship because of the comfort/convenience it brings to their lives (goldiggers etc). in these days of hardship, there are many women (and men) who go into r/ship SOLELY based on finances. if you have money, yet look like king kong, you can still date the freshest most sought after virgin out there (ask Oshiomhole).

MARRIAGE HUNGRY
so many people have been brainwashed to believe that happiness only starts when you get married. you can see it everywhere in Africa, if someone is successful, they will say "go and get married then". i blame Africans who brainwash people to believe that a family can only be build upon marriage. i blame parents who brainwashed their kids that marriage is a do or die mission, in order to enrich themselves with bride price and/or to get grandkids. i blame religion who teaches people that marriage is sacred and that all adult must be married before being a "couple"... and i blame society who looks down on divorced women or women with children.
no wonder so many women (and men) are willing to marry any donkey in order to be called "Mrs", and would stay in these miserable marriages at any cost, in order to pretend to the whole world that they are happy.

1 Like

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Nobody: 1:23am On Sep 22, 2017
Love is actually just a 'feeling' with an expiry date. Sounds harsh? An Individual "falls in love" only when the conditions are right. Let me explain...

Women are naturally wired to date upwards i.e they prefer a man whose economic, societal, or cultural standing is higher than theirs. Men, on the other hand, can date in all directions but prefer a lady downwards whom they can control.

What we call "Love" falls apart only when these conditions stop being fulfilled. So, yes, "Love" is never going to be the success of any romantic relationship.
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by escapefromusa(f): 1:47am On Sep 22, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Few girls understand you marry up not down but most girls marry down (get it).

But guys no dey try. Many guys in Naija rather marry a broke chick than a money maker.

But dem a do anything to date a rich one but marriage... Especially when it's not old money (family money)
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Yhemit(m): 6:26am On Sep 22, 2017
great one Op
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by missiret(f): 7:06am On Sep 22, 2017
Yes, it is. Love is not about emotional attachment alone, inside love is patience, understanding, tolerance, meekness, respect and other good qualities. U can't say u love each other if u can't tolerate or respect ur partner. People don't know what love is, that is why they say love is not enough, It is more than enough. It is wen lov is gone that u begin to find fault in ur partner, u can no longer tolerate and understand ur partner.

1 Like

Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
missiret:
Yes, it is. Love is not about emotional attachment alone, inside love is patience, understanding, tolerance, meekness, respect and other good qualities. U can't say u love each other if u can't tolerate or respect ur partner. People don't know what love is, that is why they say love is not enough, It is more than enough. It is wen lov is gone that u begin to find fault in ur partner, u can no longer tolerate and understand ur partner.

1st there are many different type of love, and all should never be mixed (as they are all different).. love for you parent/family, love for your children, love for your friends even love for your possession (aka love for money)..... and then you have the love for your chosen life partner.

2nd as much as the love from 2 sane person is enough, it only is if/when everything is manageable...but the minute that love goes against you, your life/sanity/wellbeing...then that is the minute you have to use your damn brain and say STOP. what you wrote above is the reason why so many deluded women (and men) die at the hand of their loved ones. they stuck to their evil lover until it was too late (just because they loved them). so sadly, no matter how much you love someone, the minute they cross the line, you MUST disregard your feelings for that person, and END this poisonous r/ship.
as i said earlier, its easier said than done.
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by LanreGH(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
In conclusion Op. Love unconditionally i.e love without having material expectations in mind then you will npt have cause to complain. In other words, date/marry your friend.
Re: Love Is Not The Success Of Any Relationship by Yhemit(m): 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
missiret:

you nailed it..... kudos

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Help A Brother In A Relationship Problem / The Frustrations Of Being A Nigerian Born Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.