Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

"You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? (4539 Views)

Is It Offensive To Refer To Someone As Fat In Nigeria? / What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
cheesy cheesy what's the name of your village?
qhutetomsel:
okay... Chief undecided
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by qhutetomsel(f): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
Lool I did my youth service in your LGA I know Owo is one of the largest LGA in Nigeria, seems u had ur beauty sleep for a while
yeah,
Much needed beauty sleep! cheesy

1 Like

Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by qhutetomsel(f): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
cheesy cheesy what's the name of your village?
I don't have one
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
qhutetomsel:
I don't have one
nah you do, I visited a lot of places while there I only enjoyed the palm wine every village had a spot
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by qhutetomsel(f): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
nah you do, I visited a lot of places while there I only enjoyed the palm wine every village had a spot
I don't know any village there, I was there for barely three days.. I stayed in Akure for most of the time.
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
qhutetomsel:
I don't know any village there, I was there for barely three days.. I stayed in Akure for most of the time.
All good, I have also visited Akure, I liked the Alagbaka area
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by qhutetomsel(f): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
All good, I have also visited Akure, I liked the Alagbaka area
Alagbaka has all the bustling spot cheesy. I stayed in the GRA there.
Generally, Its a great city!
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
qhutetomsel:
Alagbaka has all the bustling spot cheesy. I stayed in the GRA there.
Generally, Its a great city!
yes I was depressed in the rural area I got my sanity once I visited Akure, its a beautiful city has top notch houses that can rival anywhere in Nigeria, sunview hotel was my spot
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by qhutetomsel(f): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
Piiko:
yes I was depressed in the rural area I got my sanity once I visited Akure, its a beautiful city has top notch houses that can rival anywhere in Nigeria, sunview hotel was my spot
top notch houses is so true! Pretty cool and less crowded.

1 Like

Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
qhutetomsel:
top notch houses is so true! Pretty cool and less crowded.
oya update ur diary some more lez see what u been up 2 all day
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by Acidosis(m): 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
Roanna:
@ Acidosis,

You've been free-styling bullshit at us and couldn't debate your point or rather the issue on ground, as intelligently as DarkRebel69 did. DarkRebel called you out on your mediocre points and then you claimed he/she isn't an intelligent writer. LOL

Well guess what? I've read through the entire thread and you actually come across to me as an unintelligent writer, with no valid points and some sort of grudge against my gender.

Dude, please try to debate your points intelligently without the sweeping generalizations you are so fond of. Oh and by the way DarkRebel is an intelligent and articulate writer, making very valid points. You seem to lack the capacity to tackle DarkRebel intelligently, so if I were you I would respect myself and let it go.

@ Topic/Poster

You've added weight oh! Can be an embarrassing form of greeting and is in no way complimentary to fat people. Like some people have said already, fat people know they are fat and that comment won't do them any good.

No amount of intellectual debate can convince a poetic bigot.
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by DarkRebel69: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2017
Acidosis:

No amount of intellectual debate can convince a poetic bigot.

There is no grander form of self-deception than when a plebeian with low-level powers of reasoning has gulled himself into the belief that he is intellectual.

Charlatan.
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by DarkRebel69: 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
Roanna:
@ Acidosis,

You've been free-styling bullshit at us and couldn't debate your point or rather the issue on ground, as intelligently as DarkRebel69 did. DarkRebel called you out on your mediocre points and then you claimed he/she isn't an intelligent writer. LOL

It is a classic and patent case of intellectual jealousy. When you can't match the wits, the next recourse is to try to belittle it.

Such a disposition surely bespeaks a poor self-esteem, don't you think?

Well guess what? I've read through the entire thread and you actually come across to me as an unintelligent writer, with no valid points and some sort of grudge against my gender.

Dude, please try to debate your points intelligently without the sweeping generalizations you are so fond of. Oh and by the way DarkRebel is an intelligent and articulate writer, making very valid points. You seem to lack the capacity to tackle DarkRebel intelligently, so if I were you I would respect myself and let it go.

@ Topic/Poster

You've added weight oh! Can be an embarrassing form of greeting and is in no way complimentary to fat people. Like some people have said already, fat people know they are fat and that comment won't do them any good.
Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by Acidosis(m): 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2017
DarkRebel69:

There is no grander form of self-deception than when a plebeian with low-level powers of reasoning has gulled himself into the belief that he is intellectual.

Charlatan.

You've failed to realize that humans generally love to embrace ideas that support their beliefs and reject information that contradicts them.

So far, it appears more males have come to say they have no issues with wealth-related compliments. On the other hand, more women have come to render their displeasure. Doesn't that make a meaning to you? Aside you (the hermaphrodite that takes delight in poetry and insults at the detriment of critical reasoning and commonsense), don't you think everyone else seems to align and hang on to something? I mean, that also excludes your cohort and partner in poetic drunkenness, the only frustrated one that has come out to call me a sexist for no justifiable reason.

Mind you, no one is claiming to be intellectually sound. As a matter of fact, I'm not interested in whatever contest you or anyone else might have imagined.

3 Likes

Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by DarkRebel69: 12:26am On Sep 24, 2017
Acidosis:

You've failed to realize that humans generally love to embrace ideas that support their beliefs and reject information that contradicts them.

So far, it appears more males have come to say they have no issues with wealth-related compliments on the other hand, more women have come to render their displeasure. Doesn't that make a meaning to you? Aside you (the hermaphrodite that takes delight in poetry and insults at the detriment of critical reasoning and commonsense), don't you think everyone else seems to align and hang on to something? I mean, that also excludes your cohort and partner in poetic drunkenness, the only frustrated one that has come out to call me a sexist for no justifiable reason.

Mind you, no one is claiming to be intellectually sound. As a matter of fact, I'm not interested in whatever contest you or anyone else might have imagined.

There are no "more males". Making up more statistics again, eh? There hasn't even been up to 3 males who have come on this thread to say that they do not find it inappropriate to make vocal observations about the body mass of someone with whom they are not intimate. Funny how the so-called "non-conformist" who does not kowtow to society's standard is the one now seeking validation of his manliness from what other men choose to do. What a joke! Insecure charlatan.

And, your constant reference to my posts as poetry is only a feeble attempt to cloak your anguish that you can never debate as fluidly nor as trenchantly as I do. Envy is a sickening thing, innit?

You are a blithering idiöt, and it's not a new discovery to me because I have always seen you as an idiöt. Many of your remarks reveal shallowness of knowledge, narrow-mindedness, and a bigotry that is both chauvinistic and redundant. The more you try to sound smart and the more you try to uphold this misplaced sense of masculinity–which really is only insecure machismo–the more you come across as one who is cognitively under-developed.

I feel like I'm trading words with an imbëcile with the comprehension capacity of a cattle, so really it would be an unproductive waste of my time to continue any form of communication whatsoever with you. Shoo away now.

4 Likes

Re: "You've Added Weight O" Is This An Offensive Remark? by Acidosis(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
DarkRebel69:

There are no "more males". Making up more statistics again, eh? There hasn't even been up to 3 males who have come on this thread to say that they do not find it inappropriate to make vocal observations about the body mass of someone with whom they are not intimate. Funny how the so-called "non-conformist" who does not kowtow to society's standard is the one now seeking validation of his manliness from what other men choose to do. What a joke! Insecure charlatan.

And, your constant reference to my posts as poetry is only a feeble attempt to cloak your anguish that you can never debate as fluidly nor as trenchantly as I do. Envy is a sickening thing, innit?

You are a blithering idiöt, and it's not a new discovery to me because I have always seen you as an idiöt. Many of your remarks reveal shallowness of knowledge, narrow-mindedness, and a bigotry that is both chauvinistic and redundant. The more you try to sound smart and the more you try to uphold this misplaced sense of masculinity–which really is only insecure machismo–the more you come across as one who is cognitively under-developed.

I feel like I'm trading words with an imbëcile with the comprehension capacity of a cattle, so really it would be an unproductive waste of my time to continue any form of communication whatsoever with you. Shoo away now.

Lmao! grin grin

Envy? What's here to envy? Your stup!dity?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Has Suddenly Changed: He Comes Back Home Late / Lady Found Out Her Husband Is A Mechanic And Not A Car Dealer After Traditional / 'skinny Mom' Who Caused Instagram Uproar Gives Birth To Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.