Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? (3820 Views)

Why Do Nl Girls Have Body/mouth Odor. / Nl Girls Wetin B Una Own Self? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by Krissykriss(m): 10:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
Tho i dont usually write a lot on nl, i read peoples opinion a lot.
I cant seem to understand why nairalanders overseas, especially d girls, brag a lot. I've read a lot of "thats because u've never stepped out of d shores of nigeria, thats y u sound dumb" and even worse comments. What makes u think u're better than ur nigerian counterparts? Believe me, some nigerians who's never stepped outta d shores of dis country are 10 times 4kin richer than u are; even richer than ur parents! They've even got stuffs u see only in ur dreams.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by H2O2: 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2010
Na bragging like you just call am. Forming no get another name.
The niggas wey dey chop them still go chop 'em no matter
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by omega25red(m): 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2010
congrats on perpetuating the divide amongst our people. A mature person would have left it alone because your life is your life and theirs is their own and if they have to brag to sleep well at night so be it. If you are richer so be it but really no one cares because their riches are not touching your hands and yours surly ain't touching theirs so blah
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by skfa1: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2010
@ Poster

Bro take water to chill.

Life continues  cheesy
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by hatch: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2010
Intresting observation,i think most of them are living in a fools paradise :~
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by justwise(m): 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2010
Krissykriss:

I cant seem to understand why nairalanders overseas, especially d girls, brag a lot. I've read a lot of "thats because u've never stepped out of d shores of nigeria, thats y u sound dumb" and even worse comments. What makes u think u're better than your nigerian counterparts? Believe me, some nigerians who's never stepped outta d shores of dis country are 10 times 4kin richer than u are; even richer than your parents! They've even got stuffs u see only in your dreams.

You just did the same thing u accused Nigerians living abroad of doing. Don't just generalise things. You are as bad as those u accused of bragging
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2010
Why do peeps drink panadol over other peeps headache?  undecided
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by Mannylex(m): 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2010
Hmmm! I reserve ma comment.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2010
@poster
i think you have to look at it in a slightly different perspectives.
a person who has never left the shores of 9ja but yet come on NL to talk trash about life in the west has earn all the rights to be "reminded" that they should only talk about what they have experienced and stop listening to the "he say she say" about the west (thats an example).

i would also say that going to any country outside of 9ja is nothing "successful"but if someone (or their parents) has sweated to get there then they have all the rights to "feel good" about being somewhere where MOST NIGERIANS wants to be for education purposes, business purposes or hustling purposes.
it doesnt automatically means that its better since we all know that some are here cleaning people's a$$ for a living, its just you who perceives it like some kind of show off.

what i am saying is that its not them acting superior but its you feeling inferior.

PS: where did this financial issue came into this picture?! being abroad has absolutely NOTHING to do with being rich.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by justwise(m): 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
i think you have to look at it in a slightly different perspectives.
a person who has never left the shores of 9ja but yet come on NL to talk trash about life in the west has earn all the rights to be "reminded" that they should only talk about what they have experienced and stop listening to the "he say she say" about the west (thats an example).
i would also say that going to any country outside of 9ja is nothing "successful"but if someone (or their parents) has sweated to get there then they have all the rights to "feel good" about being somewhere where MOST NIGERIANS wants to be for education purposes, business purposes or hustling purposes.t doesnt automatically means that its better since we all know that some are here cleaning people's a$$ for a living, its just you whoperceives it like some kind of show off.
what i am saying is that [b]its not [b]them acting superior but its you feeling inferior[/b].[/b]
PS: where did this financial issue came into this picture?! being abroad has absolutely NOTHING to do with being rich.
Spot on!!
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by rickie4us(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2010
is that really so?
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by Krissykriss(m): 11:46pm On Mar 02, 2010
@omega, Its just an honest observation. They've never said sh*t 2 me before.
@Justwise+mrbrownjay, I never said i'm richer. Read my thread again. Or are u mad some ppl are still doing extremely good in naija?
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by SIRBANYE(m): 11:51pm On Mar 02, 2010
I only think its a thing of the mind to feel inferior to our peeps living inferior. Always remember, no one can trample on your emotions or ego without your consent. Though i sense some level of arrogance and cockyness in some NL.s abroad, but its all well.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by platinumnk(f): 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Why do peeps drink panadol over other peeps headache? undecided

Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
Krissykriss:

@Justwise+mrbrownjay, I never said i'm richer. Read my thread again. Or are u mad some ppl are still doing extremely good in naija?

you brought a financial answer to your own question by writing:
Believe me, some nigerians who's never stepped outta d shores of dis country are 10 times 4kin richer than u are; even richer than your parents! They've even got stuffs u see only in your dreams.

so if i understand you correctly, people in the west shouldnt be proud (brag) of being where they are or what they have achieved so far because "some" people in 9ja have more money than you and me. duh!!!!

is it a problem for you if some people went abroad and felt good about being there? if these same people would rather that you came here and see it for yourself before you talked trash about this place?

this "issue" on NL is not only for travels but also about blacks who talk trash about dating whites while they have never even chatted a white person or virgins who will talk trash about having intimacy. have your own opinion thats cool but dont automatically talk trash about something that you have no idea/experience about.

just like the monkey who couldnt reach the fruit and therefore claimed it was bitter/sour!
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by platinumnk(f): 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2010
And which NL Girls?
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by eyoniggar(m): 12:22am On Mar 03, 2010
krisssy, you may be right. But not all of um though.

First thing first, count my baby out, Amaka, and my elder sister
Gators. The rest you can judge.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by Krissykriss(m): 12:36am On Mar 03, 2010
Mrbrownjay, i aint got nothing wrong with nigerians in "the west". If u, just cos u're in d west should brag about being there, calling ppl in naija fools, dumbass, crude, etc cos they said their opinion (which u dont agree with) on something, then check urself again. If u think u're opinion counts more than theirs cos u're in d west & living d good life, then it'll interest u to know that some nigerians are living d american dream (even bigger than it) in nigeria!
@platinum, Aint no way am i naming names.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by ayettymama(f): 12:43am On Mar 03, 2010
platinumnk:

And which NL Girls?

name them poster

I DARE YOU!LOLZ
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 03, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Why do peeps drink panadol over other peeps headache?  undecided
I wonder o!

Krissykriss:

Too much time on your hands, Jobless runt
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by joxiri: 12:52am On Mar 03, 2010
@ poster you do have a oint but however these ladies and people abroad are generally much more exposed its just the way it is
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by na2day2(m): 12:53am On Mar 03, 2010
Krissykriss:

I cant seem to understand why nairalanders overseas, especially d girls, brag a lot. I've read a lot of "thats because u've never stepped out of d shores of nigeria, thats y u sound dumb" and even worse comments. What makes  u think u're better than your nigerian counterparts? Believe me, some nigerians who's never stepped outta d shores of dis country are 10 times 4kin richer than u are; even richer than your parents! They've even got stuffs u see only in your dreams.

u see that is why i live in Somalia, at least i am not abroad  grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by bluespice(f): 12:54am On Mar 03, 2010
Krissykriss:

Mrbrownjay, i aint got nothing wrong with nigerians in "the west". If u, just cos u're in d west should brag about being there, calling ppl in naija fools, dumbass, crude, etc cos they said their opinion (which u dont agree with) on something, then check urself again. If u think u're opinion counts more than theirs cos u're in d west & living d good life, then it'll interest u to know that some nigerians are living d american dream (even bigger than it) in nigeria!
@platinum, Aint no way am i naming names.
Don't mean to call you out, but if you read Mr Brownjay's comments without the green tinted lenses you would see the point he's making.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by skfa1: 12:54am On Mar 03, 2010
Na pakistan me I dey  grin
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by Krayola(m): 12:54am On Mar 03, 2010
@ OP. Na kolo-mentality dey worry dem. They don't know any better (oyinbo don wash dem brain with Vim) .

But to be fair I think u over-generalize . . Not all, not even most . . . but some do say retarded s.h.it like that, and I think they are just clueless.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by na2day2(m): 12:57am On Mar 03, 2010
skfa1:

Na pakistan me I dey  grin

ah! u dey abroad bi that. me i dey Somalia, na through desert i trek reach there, so i never see the shores b4 as the OP talk grin grin
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by ayettymama(f): 12:58am On Mar 03, 2010
i think poster got his visa application rejected!

take a sip of sum haterade darrling! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by bluespice(f): 1:01am On Mar 03, 2010
lol miss thang where u been?
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by justwise(m): 1:03am On Mar 03, 2010
Krissykriss:

@omega, Its just an honest observation. They've never said excreta 2 me before.

I hate it when pple start this [b]H[/b]ome vs [b]A[/b]broad war of words. Please get urself busy with something.
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by ayettymama(f): 1:05am On Mar 03, 2010
ive been arnd!!

ur profile picture is hilarious!!!

im on the floor!!!!
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by bluespice(f): 1:12am On Mar 03, 2010
ayettymama:

ive been arnd!!

your profile picture is hilarious!!!

im on the floor!!!!
mine?
i try tongue
Re: Why Do Nl Girls Overseas Love Bragging? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:17am On Mar 03, 2010
it's basically your mentality.
and some people have different mentalities based on where they were born, raised, or currently reside.
but some naija people do have really backwards mentalities because they have never stepped out from the shores of Nigeria. grin

@ poster
i dare you to name names!!! grin

eyoniggar:

krisssy, you may be right. But not all of um though.

First thing first, count my baby out, Amaka, and my elder sister
Gators. The rest you can judge.
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Official Post Pictures Of Your Girlfriend Thread / Hookup With Nigeria Lagos Ladies(unilag) / For Matured Ladies In Need Of A “no String Attached” [sex Mate]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.