Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders (19823 Views)

Buhari Sends Message To Fulani Herdsmen Over Northern Elders’ Directive / Buhari Can’t Be Stampeded Into Signing Electoral Act Amendment Bill –senate Lead / I’ve Been Shut Out Of APC, But Won’t Leave — Senator Magnus Abe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 22, 2017
Nigeria must be restructured or else na disintegration o.
A lot of igbos would accept restructuring wholeheartedly, Niger delta will be fucking glad, Well meaning yorubas will want it.

Restructuring is the way forward. Naija will advance through restructuring. Things will change for good

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by joelens007(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2017
space space space space space
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by cococandy(f): 7:30am On Sep 22, 2017
You're not acting like people who aren't afraid.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by islandmoon: 7:32am On Sep 22, 2017
on point!! the northerners can born like rats , raise more alimajeries then, or even choose 10 as their jamb cut off marks, or even islamized the north then, we wont care.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Paperwhite(m): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2017
KingMicky3286:

There are things that Nnamdi Kanu is not even talking about...

A section of a country have a sharia Court , While others dont have, they have Sharia Police, while others dont have. They say changed the constitution and the whole Nigeria kept quite.

Is that not an intimidation ??
That is absolutely true.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Richkid97(m): 7:34am On Sep 22, 2017
Welcome to the zoo

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by olatunyemi(m): 7:35am On Sep 22, 2017
though I am not against restructuring but I haven't seen any group with a plan on how it should looks like.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by MuyiRano(m): 7:35am On Sep 22, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:

THESE ARE THE ONES DISRUPTING THE PLAN OF NIGERIA'S RESTRUCTURING, hABA!!
U no well ahswear grin

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Saintp(m): 7:35am On Sep 22, 2017
There is no need beating around the bush, the north will never agree to any change to the present arrangement. Therefore this restructuring talk will end in press statements.
The recent military moves is targeted at restructuring agenda coming from the south. Any attempt to apply pressure for restructuring will trigger a serious consequences.
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by denony(m): 7:35am On Sep 22, 2017
What Nnamdi Kanu saw sitting , all the Yoruba people will not see it even while on top of mount Kilimanjaro . Time will tell

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 22, 2017
sensible. All that is needed is for the fed govt (executive and legislators) to provide a timeline -on how to achieve a restructured Nigeria.
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by chizpim(m): 7:40am On Sep 22, 2017
KingMicky3286:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/restructuring-not-afraid-wont-stampeded-northern-elders/
The problem is will they accept restructuring? the north owns Nigeria...
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by anytexy: 7:40am On Sep 22, 2017
The owner of Nigeria has spoken. Gbam! Hahahaha.
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by nengibo: 7:43am On Sep 22, 2017
No be una fault, na afonja people dey support una mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by denony(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2017
A country of 200 m people, being controlled by some uneducated set of people. The youths of this country are the most cowardly people on earth. You all are jubilating that the sick riding Hausa man is killing the people who are fighting for their rights, what is your joy as a Nigerian owned and controlled by uneducated region of this dilapidated country. Shame to the youths of this country, they are scared of change, they are scared to fight for their rights, they are scared to say enough is enough, they are scared to engage in politics, they are so scared to speak up, they are scared to confront their leaders, they are scared to block every federal and state roads and say enough of this bulshit. I weep for this country. I weep for the future of this country, I weep for the hatred beem melted on the minds of youths of this country from one region to the other, I weep for the foreseeable future . I rest my case

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by fyneIjay(f): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2017
I can see some people asking, wetin concern me? The future concerns all of us.
It's just unfortunate that the Southern people are the way they are. The North always gets what they want, no questions asked.
If our politicians in the name of Governors can sell NK and shut off the voices of dissent then we have to admit it, majority of the South if not all is a conquered territory.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 22, 2017
lol grin grin grin

MuyiRano:

U well ahswear grin
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by alaskido(m): 7:49am On Sep 22, 2017
The story is too long. Not interested.
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by IJOBA2: 7:51am On Sep 22, 2017
KingMicky3286:

Northern People are parasites
THEIR MUSLIM BROTHERS FROM THE SOUTH WEST ARE COMING FOR YOU

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Alezy(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2017
KingMicky3286:

You are right. But it seems that other regions are afraid of the north. No politicians are opposing their adamant refusal to restructure Nigeria.
no, not really, they don't oppose because they want to keep looting and eating for themselves. If they where not in power, they would have said or done something long ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by KingMicky3286: 7:57am On Sep 22, 2017
joelens007:
space space space
I wan buy.. location please.... North or south...
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by fyneIjay(f): 7:57am On Sep 22, 2017
olatunyemi:
though I am not against restructuring but I haven't seen any group with a plan on how it should looks like.
The plan on how it should look is simply, RESOURCE CONTROL, TRUE FEDERALISM.
RESOURCE CONTROL
Let it each state control their resources and whatever they generate.
Let each state raise their own income
Let each state decide how they manage whatever they raise.
TRUE FEDERALISM
Let each state contribute a percentage of what they generate to the federal government. Not going cap in hand every month to share allocations
Let each state be in charge of their security apparatuses
Let each state be in charge of their education, not waiting for one outdated curriculum that doesn't suit their needs
Let each state be in charge of their capital and recurrent expenditures, not tailor guiding their budget to align with that of the federal government.
NB
These are some that I can just write down without consulting anything. Now when the country is restructured, the States will become creative on how to raise their own monies. The state government, will know that if they fail, they will be solely accountable for that failure.
Governance will come near to the grassroots.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by paulynpen(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2017
KingMicky3286:

A section of a country have a sharia Court , While others dont have, they have Sharia Police, while others dont have. They say changed the constitution and the whole Nigeria kept quite.

Nnamdi KANU got it wrong. If he had shouted ' restructure' I bet you he would have been a great hero and I would have been his apostle.
Whether the north like it or not their game is up. If you observed, there have been uneasiness in the North lately with communiqué upon communiqué, resolution upon resolution because they know that we are serious this time around. By the way who is insinuating that the North is afraid? You can see that the Northern elders are really afraid because if they agree to restructure the North will suffer and if they do not agree the worse for them. The Northern elders arebattling with guilty conscience because they refused to do something worthwhile for the North even when they understand the precarious conditions in the North instead they adopted measures and destroyed education in the North while impoverishing their own ones. They refused the truth believing they will hold sway for ever sadly, we need to change to remain what we are... RESTRUCTURE Nigeria Now

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by breakeven: 7:59am On Sep 22, 2017
Nigeria has become a failed state under buhari. It is unfortunate that a terrorist is in power in nigeria. We have gone back 50years

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by eph12(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2017
KingMicky3286:

Is it NK that will do something about it? It's your governors, senators and representatives. What I expect the Igbos to do is to start the recalling process of their senators and representatives, especially those that are two-faced or not ready to push the United igbo agenda. This should fetch better results than daring the federal government. The question that is being asked is, who is NK that the federal government should listen to? I believe they have a point there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Dollabiz: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2017
OK oo
Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by kosire(m): 8:02am On Sep 22, 2017
I stay in the north and still serving in the north... The moment you realise that an average Hausa man you see in school is not there to acquire knowlegde but to gather numerous certificates for future political appointments n power tuzzle somewhere in the future... Then you will know that we are not fighting against flesh and blood but a spiritual war fare....

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by Ngokafor(f): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2017
Its not their fault anyway...It is the greedy Southern collaborators i blame.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by kosire(m): 8:08am On Sep 22, 2017
I have never seen set of grown men so devoid of ideas on how to improve themselves and people around them like the northern people....
All they are after is free money and political/unmerited civil appointment where they will still act as a ghost worker...
North is the reason Nigerias is depreciating on daily basis..
No plan for themselves..
All plan in their head is how to manipulate the polity so that they can get free pass..

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders by paulynpen(m): 8:10am On Sep 22, 2017
denony:
What Nnamdi Kanu saw sitting , all the Yoruba people will not see it even while on top of mount Kilimanjaro . Time will tell
Nnamdi KANU saw Nothing. If its true he saw something he would not had asked for Biafra because Biafra is not the solution but restructuring. Imagine a Biafra landlocked tiny nation? A sane hero will never wish that for his people with great business acumen, I repeats if KANU had shouted restructuring Nigeria will follow him not even Igbo . I will follow him. He had a great chance of becoming a National hero but lost it. So sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dapchi Girls: Okorocha Reacts To Release Of Schoolgirls By Boko Haram / What The Arewa Community Leader In Delta Said About Okowa (Video) / Ministers’ Aides Turn Executive Beggars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.