Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com (15208 Views)

Intending Married Couples, Pls Avoid Sleeping With Your Partner Before Marriage / Man 'Poisoned While Sleeping' In Delta, Survives Attack (Photos) / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by 2rutalk(m): 9:28am On Sep 24, 2017
(1) The most reason people sleep in the Church this days is because of Phone, every minute WhatsApp, next Facebook, Instagram, bet9ja and so many things like that.
(2) Attending all the weekend programs like Marriage,Birthday, Burials and so on. coupled with alcohol, My brothers and sister you must sleep after any of the above.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Babaken(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=soberdrunk post=60773779]No matter what some people must always sleep in church, the part that annoys me is when the usher walks up to you and tells you to wake the guy sleeping next to you, it happened to me once and when i turned to wake the guy, he was looking like the offspring of Goliath and Medusa so i turned and said to the usher "he is not sleeping, he is praying" angry angry[/qulote] YOU LIE INSIDE THE CHURCH.
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Sammy213(m): 9:38am On Sep 24, 2017
Wow so after 4years as a guest in ds forum am now a member thanks to God, next is to b BOT
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2017
drink coffee or take kola nuts along.
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by AnuforoIK: 9:48am On Sep 24, 2017
If u no sleep for night u go sleep for church
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by hexy40: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2017
This thread is not meant for people that attends mountain of fire, sabbath and dance through churches. Even if u take tranquillizer before going to mountain of fire, the screaming of SOMERSAULT AND DIE!!, casting and binding will keep u alert.
But if u are Catholic, by the time the priest completes one Latin song that sounds like lullaby. .... this thread will not still help u

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by DavidEsq(m): 9:56am On Sep 24, 2017
OP, on ur number 2, I've slapped, pinched myself on several occasions. E gree work? Na so my sleep dey increase gear sef. Is dis not a sign of village ppl's strong network?

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by seniorj4u: 9:57am On Sep 24, 2017
Go to Church with writing materials to jot down important points. Is another sure way to bail you out from the embarrassment of the Ushers.

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Mekanus(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2017
Why people no go sleep for shush when they keep hearing the same shiit over and over again for many years and the shiit don't work.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by otokx(m): 10:00am On Sep 24, 2017
Just drink coffee in the morning before going to church.
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2017
The preaching is the same year in year out so we have heard it all and now boring...u must feel tired and some just sleep

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by nwakibe: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2017
Sleeping is contagious. If you are seating close to somebody sleeping, you are likely going to fall asleep. To avoid sleeping in the church, make sure you are not seating close to somebody sleeping.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 24, 2017
xana101:
I don't know why I always sleep in church and Church sleeping is always very sweet that I'll tell myself that once I get home d first thing is to sleep very well but once I get home d sleep disappear.

hexy40:
This thread is not meant for people that attends mountain of fire, sabbath and dance through churches. Even if u take tranquillizer before going to mountain of fire, the screaming of SOMERSAULT AND DIE!!, casting and binding will keep u alert.
But if u are Catholic, by the time the priest completes one Latin song that sounds like lullaby. .... this thread will not still help u

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 24, 2017
My brother...I can't just help myself..the moment the pastor starts preaching my eyes will just be gumming..before i can even say blood of jesus!!! The rest is history..

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by kevoh(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
You can not cheat nature. Take it or leave it, when your body needs that sleep it will get it, just pray you are not at the wheels driving.
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Tedassie(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2017
The one thing that has always worked for me is JOTTING: scribbling down notes of what is being preached.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Tedassie(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2017
mhizesther:
My brother...I can't just help myself..the moment the pastor starts preaching my eyes will just be gumming..before i can even say blood of jesus!!! The rest is history..
Lol...you need Jesus,bby
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by naijalodge(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Lwkmd.....here in Adamawa, sleep never baf.
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by infogenius(m): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2017
As far I am concerned people sleep in church because these days attending service is a ritual and also to pass time.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by BadBlaize(m): 10:27am On Sep 24, 2017
when I was younger sleeping in church was more lyk a hobby to me,at a time 1 usher had to gv me gum to chew, the ushers got tayad of me..

Bt now, as a big boy can't imagine myself sleeping in church..

Bad as e bad I bone church DAT Sunday sleep well for house
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 24, 2017
Dear Ones,

We should rather be asking; why do we sleep in church ?

My research on this took me on a journey of analytics of the brain. You do not expect an analytical rational mind controlled by the left brain hemisphere to come to terms with the mumbo jumbo Pastors talk sometimes. So the rational mind goes to rest and allow the unconsciousness mind to have a field day. Only the subconscious see meanings in nonsense. Nonsense to conscious rational mind but Sense to the sub conscious, the link to spirit . So subconscious is having a good time snf rational mind hybernates causing sleep.

The Savior Program set up by Illuminati at Astral World is so powerful and totally controls the physical that people just sit in church and think they know what God is. Not knowing that Jesus Christ did not come to form religion. Your coins goes to those who benefit from your coins and minds.

I love Jesus, Mohammed, Allah, Jehovah and all of them Gods. Islam and Christianity today do not represent their ideals. It is now hijacked to fight and generate income for the few who control the religious hierachrcies.

Ignore religion and study Jesus and Mohammed. What was their message ?

LOVE and PEACE. Any other thing is mind control program for your mind and money. You sit in church and they read hypnotic messages and speak mind control words, your rational brain goes to sleep and them next minute they ask for offering and you even your last money not realizing that there is a connection between why you go to sleep and emptying your pockets. Sleeping during speeches is mind control via hypnotic messages using speakers is quite great with this.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 24, 2017
It’s impossible.
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2017
soberdrunk:
No matter what some people must always sleep in church, the part that annoys me is when the usher walks up to you and tells you to wake the guy sleeping next to you, it happened to me once and when i turned to wake the guy, he was looking like the offspring of Goliath and Medusa so i turned and said to the usher "he is not sleeping, he is praying" angry angry

Repent grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by pweetiedee(m): 10:49am On Sep 24, 2017
xana101:
I don't know why I always sleep in church and Church sleeping is always very sweet that I'll tell myself that once I get home d first thing is to sleep very well but once I get home d sleep disappear.

Lmao...

no be only you

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Doublez000(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2017
Put Groundnut in ur pocket [color=#990000][/color]
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Thelma1552: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2017
When that usher tap you and s/he said situp. The people sitting nxt to u will be like;

3 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Thelma1552: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2017
siteadder123:
Learn linux from here xD ! These tutorials will definitely keep you awake
Ubuntu linux tutorial
how to isntall arch linux from usb

Hi, pls what about C++ and JAVA
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Thelma1552: 10:59am On Sep 24, 2017
Thelma1552:
When that usher tap you and s/he said situp. The people sitting on that role will be like;
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by Nonywendy(m): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
lol I never sleep in church, no matter how boring the sermon is or how sleepy I am. The thing no just gree me do.
u can lie for Africa. do u even knw wen u nod ur head
Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by rexandyke(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2017
Lolz...if all they preach in church is to bring money, sow seed, pay tithe, do family Thanksgiving, project Sunday, giving like the widow of zarephath, etc, man pikin go begin sleep....

but whenever they preach repentance, need to love your neighbor, about heaven, etc, people no go dey sleep.

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com by ikemesit4477: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2017
HolyCraig:
Church location matters ooo... You can't sleep during service when your church is in Yola or few kilometres away from Sambisa.
who on could attend service in such location, not me I rather pray in my house, God will understand, because life has no duplicate!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: The Testimony Of The Unbeliever / How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.