Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,490 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) (50525 Views)

Ogunleye Gbenga Moses, Ondo University Graduate Found Dead In Hostel / 3 Students Of Ojukwu University Found Dead In Hostel / Driver Survives Disastrous Crash At UNN PG Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by jerome263: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
check my signature and completing me later
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by peacemara54(m): 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Check my signature pls
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
shocked..na my alma mater una dey yab like this
But these awo boys sef, una never change? See how horrible and disgusting your mattresses look, why won't bedbugs infest your hostels..phew..you guys should try to be as clean as faj guys na.
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
jeyselassie:
ok I didn't attend OAU but what uni did u attend if I may ask?
Don't mind the guy, I know him, he attended Unipetrol
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by DJInfluence: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
i have respect for Nigeria students. Against all odd, they still end up with good grades (most of them anyway). Education is Nigeria is sufferring. From Primary to tertiary institutions.

1 Like

Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
Some schools and past glory
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Domp: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
This is more of mismanagement and bad governance. This hostels are bad. Come to the Premier University, University of Ibadan. There are hostels even older than this 'OAU' itself. These hostels are much better looking than these abandoned buildings.
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
MedicalSamwise:
graphic photos

Comment of the day
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
I believe that hostel is located in the forest
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Slymonster(m): 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
oh my God,just look at the institution environment. Why wouldn't there be bed bugs. If the outside building look like this,how will the toilet even look like.Disgusting
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by perdollar(m): 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
afonjas r always pig. u can take dem to america sef, dey WL stl remain pig. shot putters
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by johnerry77: 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
Na d fact

Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
jeyselassie:
to be frank don't have any intent of insulting u. Just wondering why u tagged it the dirtiest and nauseating because I believe there are worse universites so wanted to know how far you have sourjourned to give it that "tag" smiley

Even 'Steve Wonder' can see that the University is dirty.
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by ehispapa(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
jeyselassie:
to be frank don't have any intent of insulting u. Just wondering why u tagged it the dirtiest and nauseating because I believe there are worse universites so wanted to know how far you have sourjourned to give it that "tag" smiley

no offense but this has to be the dirtiest hostel i have seen. Maybe it has to do with the fact its located in Oyo state
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
THEIR GOVERNMENT TOLD THEM EDUCATION IS THE KEY WHILE THEY FED THEM 1792 EDUCATIONAL CURRICULUM IN 21CENTURY WITH THE dirtiest AND UNCONVINIENT ENVIRONMENT.....BILLIONS MOVES OUT OF SCHOOL AND BILLIONS MOVES IN EVERY YEAR TO LEARN SAME THING THE JOBLESS ONES THAT MOVED OUT LEARNT.....SAME INSANE PEOPLE WILL OUT OF SELF PITY DEFEND THEIR POLITICIANS WHO USE THEIR EDUCATION SECTOR AS ONE OF THE GOVERNMENT PROJECTS THAT YIELDS MONEY FOR THE POLITICIANS..... WHEN U CALL THE COUNTRY A ZOO OUT OF SELF PITY AGAIN THEY WILL CALL IT HATE SPEECH
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by chynie: 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You are too young to allow tribalism eat you up.

A simple Google Search will show you that there a hostels worse than these in other parts of Nigeria and even the south East where I believe you are from. But the prejudice planted in you by your people and their hate for Yorubas has blinded you from seeing that you also have a log of wood in your eyes.

OAU may have dirty hostels because of poor maintenance of those ancient facilities. For you to compare the school with newly built universities and even label a whole region dirty says a lot about you.

You don't need tribalism. It makes you stupid.
I tot u are matured until the part u said '' south east where I believe u are from'', anyways try and remove the plank covering your sight before trying to help another. cos u sound more pained than him
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
jeyselassie:

That's not the point, his trying to address our poor educational sector in this part of the world.

If Africa cannot upgrade their ways how on earth are we not going to be regarded as a third world country?

Politicians send their kids aboard to study,they intentionally refuse to make our Educational sector world class simply because they prefer our youths to room around the streets looking for jobs.

A country where the leader had to travel aboard to get medical treatments, do we ask ourselves how many times USA president come to Nigeria for treatments?
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by valgbo(m): 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Jfrankination:
don't be me, be you
mumu to be frank...... Lol
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Morenikeji090(m): 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Homeboiy:
Not surprise

West n dirt ness r like family n friends

Quote me I don't care
you are a big fool and still your foolish people still coming down to west to study and hustle lol shame on you don't cut the finger that feed you silly dick son of a bitch remember you sister's so much love we yourba guys alots
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Legolast: 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
Fumigation does not mean bed bug. My school do fumigate every session and it is not as a result of bed bug, probably because of mosquitoes.
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by romzyjoe(m): 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
And them dey fire babes for that form. Chai....
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Dumbae13: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2017
MrEgghead:
Uniben Hostels are far better than these dunkyards...And If you see their students bragging,you'll think OAU is on the same level with Oxford.

Sorry you didn't stay In Uniben hostel,if you did I am guessing you won't even bother typing this shit...hall 1to 3 was so dirty...na only hall 4 and 5 good, and of course the ones NDDC and other banks built
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Reference(m): 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
And the mumus will be criticising private universities with better facilities calling them glorified grade schools. Does this not look like a concentration camp. We have told citizens to invest in education by paying the right price for it, but no. What you see is an epidemic brewing the likes of which will cost millions to resolve if just one of a number breaks out in such squalid conditions.

1 Like

Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Originalsly: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hmmm..... dirty looking hostels.... and mattresses to match! Kinda funny.....fumigating the hostels for bedbugs.... but students take the mattresses infested with bedbugs outside....and will later take them back inside!
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
I hope these students 're safe ; living in this ramshackles??

With the state of the hostel blocks i see online , I will be right to say buildings have never been inspected or renovated & the mattresses have never being replaced since 1961.
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Superman94(m): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You are too young to allow tribalism eat you up.

A simple Google Search will show you that there a hostels worse than these in other parts of Nigeria and even the south East where I believe you are from. But the prejudice planted in you by your people and their hate for Yorubas has blinded you from seeing that you also have a log of wood in your eyes.

OAU may have dirty hostels because of poor maintenance of those ancient facilities. For you to compare the school with newly built universities and even label a whole region dirty says a lot about you.

You don't need tribalism. It makes you stupid.
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
MrEgghead:
Uniben Hostels are far better than these dunkyards...And If you see their students bragging,you'll think OAU is on the same level with Oxford.
uniben hostel is far better than other universities hostel in Nigeria.. I rep my Alma mater
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Dalek(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
ChristyB:
They should burn all those matrass, one dirty student brought this upon everyone.
Bed bugs? they will never leave that environment.
Sorry guys

dey should born the whole hostel join sef. what nonsense

Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by ChristyB(f): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy take it easy joor..
Where do you want them to sleep? LOL
But bed bug issue is a very terrible one.

Dalek:

dey should born the whole hostel join sef. what nonsense
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by Superman94(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
Morenikeji090:
you are a big fool and still your foolish people still coming down to west to study and hustle lol shame on you don't cut the finger that feed you silly dick son of a bitch remember you sister's so much love we yourba guys alots

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by OAUTemitayo: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
The problem is successive management has failed to perform their responsibilities.

While many would want to blame students for being dirty which maybe applicable to some students actually, the fact is that the school management and successive and present SU are nothing to write home about.

Fresher's pay averagely 81,000 yet the management can't do anything in the halls.
Salaries are paid by the FG so what's the management doing with IGR and tuition fees?

Its a pathetic situation.
I was forced to seek accommodation in town when I nearly committed suicide because of very untidy and disease ravaged bathrooms and toilets.

OAU management and SU are both nothing to write home about.
We hope the new VC write his name in the book of history by doing something tangible.
The immediate former acting VC, Prof Elujoba didn't have enough time to salvage the situation as he showed a high level of humanity compared to the barbaric, animalistic and very despicable character called Prof. Omole.

In the history of mankind, Prof. Omole stands as the most useless and very ridiculous character I have ever seen.

A pathetic and unrelenting fraudulent sadist.
May Almighty God throw sorrow and disaster into Professor Omoles future endeavors

2 Likes

Re: Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) by aatoloye: 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
This bed bugs things has become continental issues even it affecting my friend in ug

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Pays Students SIWES Allowance / UNN: 50-Year-Old Chimpanzee Dies In University Of Nigeria Nsukka Zoo / Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.