Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! (11995 Views)

Again, A Middle Belt Man Is Chosen For Another Odd Job. Picture. / Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode / How Elections Was Rigged In The North By An ADHOC Staff.photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Echidime(m): 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2010
Hmmmmmmmm Where do the poster get all these vital informations from? I must confess he is really good,people like the poster can incite anger on people and another civil war will commence LOL
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Echidime(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2010
SO WHICH DAY ARE THEY DIVIDING THE COUNTRY IN PEACE ONLY THEN WILL THE WORLD BEHOLD THE ABUNDANCE OF NATURAL RESOURCES IN IGBOLAND, OH I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT DAY,WHEN WE SHALL SIGN OUR BIAFRAN NATIONAL ANTHEM AGAIN AND WAVE OUR FLAG IN THE AIR.

THEN THE WORLD WILL REALISE THAT WE IGBO'S CAME FROM ISREAL,AFTER GOD SCATERED US ALL OVER THE EARTH AND CHANGE OUR LANGUAGES BECAUSE WE WANTED TO BUILD A TOWER THAT WILL REACH HEAVEN.

ONLY IGNORANT FOOLS SEE SOUTH SOUTH AS NOT BIAFRAN,WAIT TILL THE TIME COMES,WE SHALL SEE
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Beaf: 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2010
^
Can you simply keep to topic, instead of typing in capitals and annoying people?
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by edoyad(m): 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2010
@OP, if the middle belt was the glue that held Nigeria together, then it is becoming the scissors that will be used to tear it apart.
I wish
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by akigbemaru: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2010
Echidime:

THEN THE WORLD WILL REALISE THAT WE IGBO'S CAME FROM ISREAL,AFTER GOD SCATERED US ALL OVER THE EARTH AND CHANGE OUR LANGUAGES BECAUSE WE WANTED TO BUILD A TOWER THAT WILL REACH HEAVEN.

ONLY IGNORANT FOOLS SEE SOUTH SOUTH AS NOT BIAFRAN,WAIT TILL THE TIME COMES,WE SHALL SEE

South-south for ibos? You must be silly for this phrase! After River Niger Brigde plunges, it's from other side you will be looking at Western region. Aye gba tapa ibo otu fe kole igunu, meaning "history records that ibos live under the influence of Edo, Ijaw and Itsekiriki.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Beaf: 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2010
akigbemaru:

South-south for ibos? You must be silly for this phrase! After River Niger Brigde plunges, it's from other side you will be looking at Western region. Aye gba tapa ibo otu fe kole igunu, meaning "history records that ibos live under the influence of Edo, Ijaw and Itsekiriki.

My friend, there is no Western region and it is ridiculous to say the Igbo's live under the influence of SS people; thats just rubbish.
Lets stop this silliness of claiming that some ethnic groups are superior to others, it is really primitive.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2010
I was recently reading the history of the many tribes that make up Nigeria

I came to realise that a group of people called the Kwa people who migrated down South from the Sun of the Sahara would have been responsible for the emergence of the Igbo, Ijaw, Yoruba and some parts of middle belt.

Which is why the name of some folks like Tuface Idibia , David Alechenu Mark who are clearly Benue people have words that sounds like the sort of things you here in igboland or other parts of South.

So folks when you abuse people of neighbouring tribe know that you may be actually abusing the decendants of your own fathers. Your blood.
Know that the people you abuse may actually be strangers to you only to the extent you want to go back in history.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by naijaking1: 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2010
How come I missed this post

@poster
I was moved by the article, so moved that I almost teared up reading the last two paragraphs embarassed
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by nduchucks: 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2010
naijaking1:

How come I missed this post

@poster
I was moved by the article, so moved that I almost teared up reading the last two paragraphs embarassed

Awwww, how sensitive of you! pele o. Please don't shed your tears yet for the article's author who wrote: "And if some of us should fall, the Angel of the Lord will fight for us. Our children will rush forth to meet the enemy at the gates with horns and trumpets of victory. Wherever death shall meet us, it will be welcome, to echo Ernesto Che Guevera." The Author is not in Jos, he is comfortably hiding out in diaspora where he will not die in Jos or in the middle-belt area faced with this violence.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by naijaking1: 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Awwww, how sensitive of you! pele o. Please don't shed your tears yet for the article's author who wrote: "And if some of us should fall, the Angel of the Lord will fight for us. Our children will rush forth to meet the enemy at the gates with horns and trumpets of victory. Wherever death shall meet us, it will be welcome, to echo Ernesto Che Guevera." The Author is not in Jos, he is comfortably hiding out in diaspora where he will not die in Jos or in the middle-belt area faced with this violence.

You think say you be the only sensitive soul in the house? I beg give me some tissue paper jare.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by edoyad(m): 12:04am On Mar 08, 2010
Why don't you save your tears until after a few days from now when a reply is given.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by jamace(m): 12:57am On Mar 08, 2010
Oh my God, the OP has hit the nail on the head. As a matter of fact, the middlebelt consciousness is getting stronger by the day. Its only a matter of time, the belt that holds the WONDO grin of the north will cut and then we shall see the unclothedness of the North.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by igboboy1(m): 2:28am On Mar 08, 2010
Beaf:

My friend, there is no Western region and it is ridiculous to say the Igbo's live under the influence of SS people; thats just rubbish.
Lets stop this silliness of claiming that some ethnic groups are superior to others, it is really primitive.

leave aikbemaru and his uneducated rantings,
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by naijaking1: 2:55am On Mar 08, 2010
edoyad:

Why don't you save your tears until after a few days from now when a reply is given.
Weeping, sobing, and gnasing of teeth aside, my first impression of a supporter of APC type of raid in Nigeria was reading the former Governor Yohanna Madaki of Gongola recollect how Fulani men on horse back rode into their compund when he was just a little boy.
He said the islamic raiders humiliated his father in front everybody, stole the dinner(still on the fire), and looted every valuable in their house: as a payment for not setting their house on fire. Madaki is not very old, so the incident must have been done by followers of dan Fodio, not by the man himself.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by edoyad(m): 6:51am On Mar 08, 2010
Almajiri thinks this is southern Sudan or 1880. When the AK47 start rattling let the instigator remember it was he who went in search of it.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 6:58am On Mar 08, 2010
edoyad:

Almajiri thinks this is southern Sudan or 1880. When the AK47 start rattling let the instigator remember it was he who went in search of it.

These are not your average Hausa-Fulani who committed this. These are pure blood Fulani who committed this act. They are the direct descendants of Uthman dan Fodio's clan. The ones who did not intermarry with the Hausa. These type of Muslims are the dangerous ones. They are different from the almajiri, these people are bred to fight.

The way things are shaping up, the people of the Middle Belt better prepare themselves for the oncoming onslaught. I think this is only the beginning.

Jihad is in their blood, and they are the ones who bring Islamic West Africa to its knees.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by otukpo(f): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2010
i weep for Nigeria.

There is really no hope in sight for this country.

There is so much hatred and bitterness among the religious and ethhnic divides.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by baeyy(m): 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2010
I am Gravely disappointed with the comments am seeing here, you guys sound so ignorant, it is frightening, Arguing over who belongs to where and who is fighting for, encouraging division. Gush by now we are supposed to be at the stage of considering how to push NIGERIA forward not looking for how we will divide. This is what other countries want from us to divide because we have so much potential, but we keep using our potentials or strateges for the wrong things and wrong people. WHY ARE WE SO STUPID? CIVIL WAR MY ASS, STUPID SO STUPID, WE ARE SO GOOD AT FIGHTING OUR SELVES, IF YOU GUYS ARE SO TOUGH WHY ARE YOU LETTING OUR GOVERMENT AND LEADERS RUIN OUR COUNTRY, IT'S ONLY TO COME HERE AND ARGUE OVER INSENSIBLE THINGS, I HOPE WHILE DOING THIS YOU ARE CONSIDERING HOW THE LIVES OF YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE. THEY'LL HAVE TO START FROM SQUARE ONE AGAIN. ya'll are so stupid yes i said it
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Neutralman: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
My heart does go out to the people of the Middle Belt, especially the Plateau, whose peoples have been massacred in their thousands at the hands of these jihadists. As you should be aware by now, just yesterday, in the wee hours of the morning when the vast majority of decent and innocent human beings were asleep, they attacked villages, killing and maiming defenseless women, children and old-men. In all, more than 500 were slaughtered in cold blood.

It has become abundantly clear that the Nigerian internal security apparatchik cannot guarantee security of lives and property anywhere in that country. So therefore, the time has come for each community, each, ethno-religious group to begin to form its own local vigilante organizations for the collective defense of their people. The Plateau State HOA should as a matter of urgency pass a bill to that effect. It is time to implement the balance of terror in this country, so that no single hot-head group will think they possess a monopoly of violence.

But then, as an Igbo man, it is saddening to note that the Middle-Belt peoples were to a large extent guilty of the wholesale pogroms and genocide committed against millions of innocent Biafran citizens who were, take it or leave it, fighting these evil jihadists. But then, what goes around comes around and today, they are held hold hostage by the same evil old order which some of their forebears helped to promote and foster.

But today we live in a different climate and I would not be held hostage by the events of 1966-70, especially now that we all face the same common brutal enemy. Now other Nigerians are starting to wake up to see the Hausa-Fulani menace who understands only the language called violence. These kind of senseless killing must no longer be tolerated.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by naijaking1: 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
baeyy:

I am Gravely disappointed with the comments am seeing here, you guys sound so ignorant, it is frightening, Arguing over who belongs to where and who is fighting for, encouraging division. Gush by now we are supposed to be at the stage of considering how to push NIGERIA forward not looking for how we will divide. This is what other countries want from us to divide because we have so much potential, but we keep using our potentials or strateges for the wrong things and wrong people. WHY ARE WE SO silly? CIVIL WAR MY backside, silly SO silly, WE ARE SO GOOD AT FIGHTING OUR SELVES, IF YOU GUYS ARE SO TOUGH WHY ARE YOU LETTING OUR GOVERMENT AND LEADERS RUIN OUR COUNTRY, IT'S ONLY TO COME HERE AND ARGUE OVER INSENSIBLE THINGS, I HOPE WHILE DOING THIS YOU ARE CONSIDERING HOW THE LIVES OF YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE. THEY'LL HAVE TO START FROM SQUARE ONE AGAIN. ya'll are so silly yes i said it

When did your space ship land from Mars
I say Mars, because you are apperently ignorant of what's going on here on mother earth, Nigeria to be specific.
You probably haven't seen or heard about how islamic Fulani cattle herders attcked poor and defenseless christian worhispers in the wee hours of sunday morning , how more than 86% of new top managers of NNPC are from one part of the country, etc.
Like I said, it's either you're just landing from outer space, or you're just a fool, or you're directly benefitting from the imbalanced equation.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by edoyad(m): 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2010
@neutralman if the deaths of these people is punishment for their fathers collaboration with the enemy to terrorize igbos then may be we cant't say it is undeserved. But that by no means changes my view of Nigeria, There's no way the Nigerian nation can continue in this order. It is either the hausa-fulani man accepts that he is a beneficiary(parasitic one at that) of other people's generous and docile disposition or he gets ready to be with cousin Mahmadu Tanja.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by naijaking1: 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2010
edoyad:

@neutralman if the deaths of these people is punishment for their fathers collaboration with the enemy to terrorize igbos then may be we cant't say it is undeserved. But that by no means changes my view of Nigeria, There's no way the Nigerian nation can continue in this order. It is either the hausa-fulani man accepts that he is a beneficiary(parasitic one at that) of other people's generous and docile disposition or he gets ready to be with cousin Mahmadu Tanja.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You sound just like Ojukwu in 1966 cheesy
The only problem is that it's 2010 tongue
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by edoyad(m): 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
@nailaking It's because the world turns a full circle in just 24hrs and round the sun 365 days.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by naijaking1: 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2010
edoyad:

@nailaking It's because the world turns a full circle in just 24hrs and round the sun 365 days.

Got you, bro cool
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by okunoba(m): 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2010
@Neutralman, as a human being, ur statement is sad, cold blooded and void of any human feelings. It`s all about u and your people. Let go of this never ending blame game, the Biafran war ended 40yrs ago and must of the innocent women and children killed in the Jos massacre were not even born then. There is a place and time 4 everything and this is definitely not the right time to bring on your Biafran war, blame game and bias comments. This is a time for compassion and solidarity with the family and friends of all the innocent people that are being killed all over Nigeria.  

Remember next time Igbo people are killed in large numbers, some of us will remind u of  this  statement u made , "what goes around comes around"

By the way what genocide was committed by middle belt people against against millions of Igbo people? Do u have any reliable link as prove of this so called genocide?
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Onlytruth(m): 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
okunoba:

@Neutralman, as a human being, your statement is sad, cold blooded and void of any human feelings. It`s all about u and your people. Let go of this never ending blame game, the Biafran war ended 40yrs ago and must of the innocent women and children killed in the Jos massacre were not even born then. There is a place and time 4 everything and this is definitely not the right time to bring on your Biafran war, blame game and bias comments. This is a time for compassion and solidarity with the family and friends of all the innocent people that are being killed all over Nigeria.  

Remember next time Igbo people are killed in large numbers, some of us will remind u of  this  statement u made , "what goes around comes around"

By the way what genocide was committed by middle belt people against against millions of Igbo people? Do u have any reliable link as prove of this so called genocide?

Neutralman was even very modest and charitable. I am even assuming he is not Igbo.
Nigerian genocide did not start today and I suspect it will continue until people start to repent. These things happened in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s in these same places. It never stopped.

Any Igbo with any senses at all will never again fall victim to these things. I know many of my people who came back from the north and vowed never to go back there. I also know many who went to the north armed, vowing to fight anyone who makes attempts at their lives or property. Bottomline is that Igbo say "Agha akara aka, adighi eri ngwuro" (a war long foretold can never claim the life of a cripple).
This is the Nigeria we have. We live it as is! cool

You will NEVER understand how most Igbo feel, so no need preaching to us.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by edoyad(m): 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2010
Sad but true. Nigeria has a state where every body has to watch out for themselves. It is no secret that Igbo already have arms in store awaiting any sign of trouble, why are other people lackadaisical about the same issue ?
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Beaf: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2010
okunoba:

@Neutralman, as a human being, your statement is sad, cold blooded and void of any human feelings. It`s all about u and your people. Let go of this never ending blame game, the Biafran war ended 40yrs ago and must of the innocent women and children killed in the Jos massacre were not even born then. There is a place and time 4 everything and this is definitely not the right time to bring on your Biafran war, blame game and bias comments. This is a time for compassion and solidarity with the family and friends of all the innocent people that are being killed all over Nigeria.   

Remember next time Igbo people are killed in large numbers, some of us will remind u of  this  statement u made , "what goes around comes around"

Neutralman's post was quite mature and balanced. You can not simply switch off the events of the civil war like magic. He has been able to picture the Jos massacre as coloured by his own Biafran experience in a very healthy way that did not take away from present happenings, hold every one of us back in 1966 or derail the topic. His input is much different from damaged souls like EzeUche who sound like blood thirsty psycopaths.

We can not wash the civil war away. I keep saying it, the Nigerian state needs to make some sort of ceremonial recompense; there should be a remembrance day and statues of heroes should be built for that sake.

Neutralman, I hail you. Same goes to the likes of OnlyTruth.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by styles2009: 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ All

We all thought this topic was a waste of time and single minded but we could just see that less than 72hrs of posting this topic,the devil in them had struck Jos again.
My heart goes out to all those who lost there family or love ones in Jos but i guess you know what to do.

Let the lesson this time be dished out to them very well ,so they would think before they come again like they did 3am on Monday morning, cowards.
Styles
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by baeyy(m): 5:34am On Mar 09, 2010
When did your space ship land from Mars
I say Mars, because you are apperently ignorant of what's going on here on mother earth, Nigeria to be specific.
You probably haven't seen or heard about how islamic Fulani cattle herders attcked poor and defenseless christian worhispers in the wee hours of sunday morning , how more than 86% of new top managers of NNPC are from one part of the country, etc.
Like I said, it's either you're just landing from outer space, or you're just a fool, or you're directly benefitting from the imbalanced equation.

well regardless of you refering to me as a fool i hope you stay in Nigeria and your ready to go into combat when the time come, since the best way in your knowledge to solve this, is violence and division. Oloshi
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by naijaking1: 5:39am On Mar 09, 2010
baeyy:

well regardless of you refering to me as a fool i hope you stay in Nigeria and your ready to go into combat when the time come, since the best way in your knowledge to solve this, is violence and division. Oloshi

Since your last stupid comment, more than 500 innocent christians have been killed in Jos, maybe you should enter your space ship and return from whence you came lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019 Presidential Election: Buhari Is Fighting Dirty / Nigeria Is Committed To Nuclear Non-Proliferation – Buhari / Oshiomhole Threatens To Withdraw Bedc’s C Of O In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.